Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
448,321 - 448,340 of 532,660 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in those minds that have deluded Science in error.
do you have any degrees in Science?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no one has EVER said that to you and you know it, QUIT YOUR FOLISHNESS
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so. you finally come out with what I HAVE KNOWN all along.
NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER SAID THAT JESUS WAS GOD THE FATHER AND YOU KNOW IT.

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since I am several times smarter than you are.
I believe that He is God and was God in His[ Surrogate] mothers womb. it became Biological after a few days.
wanna argue with me, Bring your Masters Degree in Biology with you.lol

FYI:

GOD: This name, the derivation of which is uncertain, we give to that eternal, infinite, perfect, and incomprehensible Being, the Creator of all things, who preserves and governs all by his almighty power and wisdom, and is the only proper object of worship.

If, as you are saying, God the Father Almighty, and God, are two different Gods, then this is dead wrong: Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

You were not called by God the Father Almighty.....but was called by God?????!!!!! Really!!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
In other words, it is just a matter of trusting God's Word.
As for 'contradictions in the Bible', I'm discovering that some things seem contradictory because WE DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.
KayMarie
Your first step in understanding why the Bible was created.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>only to the unlearned is the Bible appearing to be contradicting, as you have proven yourself to be.
Your doctrine is contraditing not mine.

And you can't offend me no matter how hard you try.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Romans 5:10

For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it tell Oxbow???
I think your dislike for Preston has made you take your anger out on this young girl, who poured out her heart on F.B.
I have printed god instead of "God" a few times on here.
It sure wasn't for a lack of respect to my God.
The stupid stuff that catches in our crawl, that takes away from our testimony for God, is what shows disrespect to the Lord.
This is the stuff that keeps the devil laughing at us.
It makes our salvation about us and our works and not the works of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We all need to start working out our own salvation with fear and trembling, some things just come with maturity in our Christian walk.
what happened to greet each our with a Holy Kiss or kind words.
Romans 16: Romans 16 >>
King James Bible
----------
Personal Greetings and Love
1I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
3Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: 4Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. 5Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ. 6Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us. 7Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me. 8Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord. 9Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved. 10Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' household. 11Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of Narcissus, which are in the Lord. 12Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord. 13Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine. 14Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren which are with them. 15Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them. 16Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
Avoid Divisions
17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. 19For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. 20And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Or how about 2 Cor 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.
13 All the saints salute you.
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
The truth does not change....To refer to God as god tells it all....
bible examiner

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first step in understanding why the Bible was created.
The bible was written by bored over heated goat herders.Yes to escape the hot desert heat the goat herders would go to a cool cave to write faiytales while eating mushrooms with side effects.The more mushrooms they ate the crazier the storys became.Oh the wild and crazy goat herders hah?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe OSAS is a minor disagreement amongst you guys. Its not productive to sweep it under the rug. I respect you for addressing this important doctrine. You simply can not have part of you guys preaching the will of Jesus Christ and some of you NOT preaching the will of Christ.
One side is clearly going to be held into account for being a false teacher.
I believe many people are duped into a false sense of security. They were told they are saved because they believe in Jesus Christ. I think the fruits of this false doctrine is evident in our society today.
I don't understand why two born again evangelicals come to opposite conclusions on this.
Why is not Christ sending anyone to purgatory??

A. He forget there is a purgatory?
B. No one ever told Him there is a purgatory?
C. There is not purgatory to send any one to?

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Purgatory is your ace in the hole...well, guess what...it ain't in the hole!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so. you finally come out with what I HAVE KNOWN all along.
NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER SAID THAT JESUS WAS GOD THE FATHER AND YOU KNOW IT.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since I am several times smarter than you are.
I believe that He is God and was God in His[ Surrogate] mothers womb. it became Biological after a few days.
wanna argue with me, Bring your Masters Degree in Biology with you.lol
FYI:
GOD: This name, the derivation of which is uncertain, we give to that eternal, infinite, perfect, and incomprehensible Being, the Creator of all things, who preserves and governs all by his almighty power and wisdom, and is the only proper object of worship.
If, as you are saying, God the Father Almighty, and God, are two different Gods, then this is dead wrong: Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
You were not called by God the Father Almighty.....but was called by God?????!!!!! Really!!!!
the Word "almighty" is an adjective, does that help you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Your doctrine is contraditing not mine.
My doctrine is Always Biblical since it comes from God.

as far as me trying to [offend] you, I don't.

I speak the truth about you and you don't listen
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Hebrews 7:25

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth does not change....To refer to God as god tells it all....
if you and she were both taken out of this world right now, she would go to Heaven, she has confessed her Salvation.

YOU WOULD SPLIT HELL WIDE OPEN

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The parable about the prodigal son is about the return of Israel...
It is used many times in reference to one that has strayed from the
presence of God..
The Prodigal son Israel ...went to a far country....
Took his inheritance and squandered it.
Found himself...
eating the husk the pigs were feeding upon..
Came to himself...
made a decision to return to the fathers house
He Was given a robe...
shoes for his feet....
a ring upon his finger and
a celebration (a feast) upon his
return..
His older Brother ( the gentile Church ) became angry because of His
return....
But
the father restored Him..to fellowship.
Please note
In no place does Jesus say that he received again his original
inheritance...
(But for the eternal covenant God made with Abraham,
Israel would have no inheritance..)
Israel's inheritance will be restored by/through the Blood of Jesus.
.....as ours ..(the believers in Jesus Christ is.)...
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were
far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the
enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to
make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached
peace
to you which were afar off, and
to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For
through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
You know as much about the prodigal son as you do on this subject matter...nada...zilch..

Does the following teach that Christ is God????

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
ORGANUZED RELIGION
sometimes has very little to do with belief in Christ.
Of course it does!!! The theologians have organized your thoughts to accept that without a belief in Jesus you will go to hell.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

To make intercession—There was but the one offering on earth once for all. But the intercession for us in the heavens (Heb 7:26) is ever continuing, whence the result follows, that we can never be separated from the love of God in Christ. He intercedes only for those who come unto God through Him, not for the unbelieving world (Joh 17:9). As samples of His intercession, compare the prophetical descriptions in the Old Testament. "By an humble omnipotency (for it was by His humiliation that He obtained all power), or omnipotent humility, appearing in the presence, and presenting His postulations at the throne of God" [Bishop Pearson]. He was not only the offering, but the priest who offered it. Therefore, He has become not only a sacrifice, but an intercessor; His intercession being founded on His voluntary offering of Himself without spot to God. We are not only then in virtue of His sacrifice forgiven, but in virtue of the intercession admitted to favor and grace [Archbishop Magee].

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

who="RoSesz"
Ok I do believe This..We must maintain Faith.
Your?? Posts,yesterday seemed to be saying a Saved person who sins
Has,crucified Christ..made His blood not cover new sin
And there is no repentance
And this was confusing ..as if the SPIRIT convicts you and you repent ..can you not be reconciled..especially if your s inning ..had nothing to do with going to say belief in Apollo ..
You still believe Jesus is Lord ..never deny Him..But DON'T we all sin
And some people may even turn away by say not praying or getting bogged down in other things..
Just saying if He looks for LOST SHEEP His Father gave Him ..won't He want us back ..Not make it that we have shut the door behind us.

There is NONE that sins not...the Bible says so. Sometimes we 'miss the mark'...we fall short of the glory of God.

Does He forsake us? NEVER. Jesus said that "I will NEVER forsake you."

Jesus made it plain that God would forgive us. I John 1:7-10.

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
PS.
I many times on this forum have not capitalized the name of Jesus
WOW! Do you think that if that Jew exists he is impressed with a capital letter ... while you at the same time insinuate that he left his Jewish religion to wipe away your Christian "sins?"

You must imagine Jesus as a sucker for a tall tale!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

In the words of Timothy Ware (known as Greek Orthodox Bishop Kallistos) in The Orthodox Church,(1993 edition, Penguin Press, pages 259-260) he states:

"The Orthodox Church calls Mary all-holy, immaculate, free from actual sin. The Orthodox Church has never made any formal and definitive pronouncement on the matter of the Immaculate Conception. In the past, individual Orthodox theologians have made statements that, if not definitively affirming the Doctrine of Immaculate Conception, at any rate closely approach it. But since 1854, the great majority of Orthodox reject it as necessary; as implying a false understanding of original sin; as suspecting the doctrine because it seems to separate Mary from the rest of the descendants of Adam and Eve, putting her in a different class. However, if an individual Orthodox today felt impelled to believe it, he could not be termed a heretic for doing so."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was still under the spell of religion I didn't ask why "god" took my baby when she five months of age, because although I was devastated at her loss, I believed she was no longer suffering. But I did ask why god allowed babies to be born simply to suffer sometimes for many years and then die from starvation-related diseases.
Now I don't believe that a god exists, so I no longer wonder why suffering of all forms of life exists.
If you find yourself standing before God at the Great White Throne Judgment Seat, you can ask Him face to face.....but it will be too late to be of any benefit to you.....the ball game, at that time, will be over...

At one time in my life, I clenched my fist at God, berated Him, and denied He existed, because of circumstances in my life that destroyed my will to live...

God did not give up on me, even though I turned my back to Him...He is there with you and you know it....that is why you did not walk through that door that once entered there is no way to return...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Crazy 8,128
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••