Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,660
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#464550 Jul 22, 2013
These god-leeches have very low self-esteem. "I must pray ... I must not lose faith ... I must worship god so that god will love me. I don't want to be in his bad books. Worry ... worry ... worry!"

If there is a god and that god is of the nature of love ... your worries are in VAIN.

And if there is a god and the god is NOT of the nature of love ... all the worry in the world is not going to guarantee that the god will love you.

And that is the truth!
truth

Perth, Australia

#464551 Jul 22, 2013
it is written
Jesus not forgotten his tears.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#464552 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why would a creator that is perfect, allow a devil and hell in his own kingdom???
If the god hates evil, surely he would not allow a devil to tempt his beloved humans that are so special to him.
Are you people crazy that you stoop so low as to believe such ridiculous blather???
Even as a little child preachers couldn't succeed in force-feeding me such nonsense. I simply would not allow it to enter my brain. I knew instinctively that there was something very wrong with what they were trying to teach me.
~~~
Pro 8:35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Pro 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
truth

Perth, Australia

#464553 Jul 22, 2013
evil is evil evil know set up
it is written
abusers accusers and so on..righteousness people don't have rights..
it is written

you not convince me about anything
for cover up on evil satanic way

noooooo
finish

Prince George, Canada

#464554 Jul 22, 2013
I know a mother whose little twin girls would hang one on each leg and scream and scream at her to hold them.

The mother was in the habit of leaving them and her husband whenever things didn't go her way.

Those girls were traumatized in the emotion that she didn't love them enough to stay in their lives.

You people that are always whining about faith and clinging to your images of a god (whatever they may be) remind me of those twin girls.

"Please god ... love me ... I am lovable ... I am NOT evil ... I am worthy of heaven ... I pray and I pray to you ... PLEASE LOVE ME!!!"

You behave as though you have never been weaned.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#464555 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Why would a creator that is perfect, allow a devil and hell in his own kingdom???
If the god hates evil, surely he would not allow a devil to tempt his beloved humans that are so special to him.
Are you people crazy that you stoop so low as to believe such ridiculous blather???
Even as a little child preachers couldn't succeed in force-feeding me such nonsense. I simply would not allow it to enter my brain. I knew instinctively that there was something very wrong with what they were trying to teach me.
According to the Bible, Satan was God's right hand man, so to speak. When Lucifer betrayed God, God cast him to Hades (hell). Free will is a gift that God has given to His people. We are free to choose our destiny. God and Satan have reign over Earth and because we have free will, we can choose whom we want to follow. It's the Yin-Yang of the world - good vs. evil, night vs. day, salt vs. pepper...for every part there is a counter-part. I agree with you in the sense that a lot of what people try and force feed us is crap, however, I believe, from my own personal experiences, that there is a good force and a bad force in this world. I truly have had personal experiences that if I spoke of them, people would think I was on drugs or crazy - which I am neither. I have chosen to call the good force God and the evil force Satan. That's just my choice. But how can you call it "blather" when it is evident that good and bad things happen every single day? Miracles happen and I have a hard time chalking it up to good luck and bad luck. I have seen with my own two eyes some things that science nor rational thinking can explain.

Prince George, Canada

#464556 Jul 22, 2013
Coffee Freak wrote:
Religion is man made.
Of course it is.

They demand that the gods love them because they believe a certain way.

Despicable childish behavior.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464557 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well GOD bless that child
Had she been saved when she was younger and then left and came back???
she had went and gave her life to the Lord around a year ago but didn't go to church regularly

Location hidden

#464558 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
These god-leeches have very low self-esteem. "I must pray ... I must not lose faith ... I must worship god so that god will love me. I don't want to be in his bad books. Worry ... worry ... worry!"
If there is a god and that god is of the nature of love ... your worries are in VAIN.
And if there is a god and the god is NOT of the nature of love ... all the worry in the world is not going to guarantee that the god will love you.
And that is the truth!
It is human nature to worry, whether you are God fearing, God loving or a non believer. The God of my understanding knows that and He IS love. There are so many contradictions in the Bible and of what people say. That's why, in my opinion, I just try to be the best person I can be. I believe God (whoever He/She/It is) loves us all, despite what we do and who we are. It is inconceivable to me how God can love a child molester, a murderer, and others who commit evil acts but if God is love, than He loves them anyway, just doesn't love what they do. We, according to the Bible, were made in His image. All I can say is just be the best person you can be and learn from mistakes. The 10 Commandments are a basic guideline for living. If we try and follow them, I think we'll be ok.=)

Prince George, Canada

#464559 Jul 22, 2013
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe, from my own personal experiences, that there is a good force and a bad force in this world.
Humans are selfish. To think that we are part of a good force is simply our egos at work, and nothing more.

Some of the most greedy humans I have known were in religion and perceived their selves as holy servants of "god."

I don't allow my self to go there, as I know I could be as nasty in my behavior as any other human if circumstances called for such activities.

I suggest that to stay grounded and not allow the imagination to take such lofty flights is common sense.

If there is a life that continues after death, it will be what it will be and not necessarily what we imagine it will be.

To fight over such issues is plain stupidity.

Location hidden

#464560 Jul 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the Bible tell us Ananias and Sapphira were believers. Just wondering.
<quoted text>
Then you and nobody else will enter heaven. You are a liar and so are the rest of us. Now what Mr. Brilliant?
Romans 3:10-18, 10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 hey are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 13 Their throat [is] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [is] under their lips: 14 Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness: 15 Their feet [are] swift to shed blood: 16 Destruction and misery [are] in their ways: 17 And the way of peace have they not known: 18 There is no fear of God before their eyes."
where did I lie, mr old jg> WHERE DID I LIE?

AND AGAIN, IN ACT CHAPTER 4, IT TELLS US ABOUT THE BELIEVERS AND THOSE TWO WERE COUNTED IN THIS GROUP.

Prince George, Canada

#464561 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she had went and gave her life to the Lord
She "believed" she gave her life to a lord.

Do you believe that she would go to hell if she hadn't performed such mental acrobatics?

Location hidden

#464562 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is.
They demand that the gods love them because they believe a certain way.
Despicable childish behavior.
I wouldn't say it's childish behavior, I just think people are so friggin' lost and are too scared to dispute what is being told to them for fear of being chastised; not only by other people but by God! The human brain can only understand rational and logical thinking. I DO believe in God and that Jesus walked the Earth as man. If I am wrong, then so be it. But I DO NOT believe the hodge podge people try and feed me about which religion is right, which one I have to follow, which one is bad, which one is good. Who cares? As long as we try and be the best people we can be toward others and our selves, that's fine! People are sheepole...they follow like lost sheep with their tongues hanging out. They do it with religion and they do it with the government. Sickening and sad. It's like, WAKE UP PEOPLE! Think for yourselves! SEE the contradictions and ASK about it, challenge it, do your OWN research and stop believing whatever you are told!". SO aggravating. The level of ignorance of the majority of people explains why the world is so messed up.

Location hidden

#464563 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Pro 8:35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
Pro 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
That's wonderful that you can quote the Bible but do you practice what you preach or are you like a lot of religious people I know who are rude to others, and sin all week only to go to church to beg for forgiveness, walk out the door and start the sin cycle all over again? I waitress and yesterday my co worker waited on a Priest and 3 of his companions. She went over to them to see how they were doing and he rudely shooed her away without even looking up at her. I think so many religious people are biggots and hypocrites. It disgusts me and is a major reason why I gave up organized religion in the first place.
truth

Perth, Australia

#464564 Jul 22, 2013
deciver is deciver
yep
miracle from deciver like never before

not meeeeeeeeeee
nooooooooo
i born with no=a as necu

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#464565 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Buhahahaha... muhahaha!! Ancient aliens on history channel? lol. South Park actually did a whole episode making fun of the absurdity of the video you just showed! lol. Thank you. I needed a good laugh before bed.
If you are using South Park as a reference of history, then I now understand why you are a Catholic.

Your team nay-sayed the Earth revolved around the Sun.

It is quite telling you would think this nonsense is pertinent.

Prince George, Canada

#464566 Jul 22, 2013
If I were starving I would steal.

If I thought my family was going to be killed by a mad-man with a gun, I would shoot him and if he died I would feel no guilt whatsoever.

If I were young and I became pregnant and didn't want to give birth to what would become a baby, I would have an abortion without feeling one bit of guilt.

If I were born gay and was raised by Christian parents who taught me that being gay was offensive to a god, I might learn to hate my self and in turn hate those who are gay enough to become a serial killer as were Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gasy.

I could be all things negative, if conditions in my life were such to make my world view suit each negative situation.

I don't elude my self that I am at all holy. It's a time-saver on my part.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#464567 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IN THE CONTEXT OF THE PARABLE
Jesus was speaking to.... a predominantly Jewish congregation..
keep in mind that Jesus was born to a Jewish Mother..
He was raise in a Jewish synagogue..
He came to the Jews first...
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
We gentiles had no entrance into the kingdom of God until Jesus died on Calvary's cross.
ONLY THEN COULD IT BE SAID OF US GENTILES
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Ok I hear you..so the. All if the NT is for the Jews. The words of Jesus anyway.

About forgivenes seventy times seven.

About all those given to the Son..the lost sheep.

All the parables..ONKY about the Jews..Not us???

Location hidden

#464568 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are selfish. To think that we are part of a good force is simply our egos at work, and nothing more.
Some of the most greedy humans I have known were in religion and perceived their selves as holy servants of "god."
I don't allow my self to go there, as I know I could be as nasty in my behavior as any other human if circumstances called for such activities.
I suggest that to stay grounded and not allow the imagination to take such lofty flights is common sense.
If there is a life that continues after death, it will be what it will be and not necessarily what we imagine it will be.
To fight over such issues is plain stupidity.
I wouldn't say we are arguing, I'd call it more like debating and discussing which I think is wonderful because it challenges our own beliefs and opens our minds to the possibility of other ideas. We CHOOSE to be part of a good force or bad force. That's the beauty of free will! I just posted something in response to someone who responded to your post pertaining to the same thing you said about religious people. I feel the same way you do! SO many people I know that claim they are these church going, God loving people are the same people that would stab you in the back in the blink of an eye. Two faced, self righteous hypocrites that sin all week long, go to church to beg for forgiveness only to walk out the doors of the church and start the sin cycle all over again. THIS is a HUGE reason why I gave up on organised religion. Like I said prior, we have a choice. DO I want to be a person who uses my life force to to good or do I want to use my life force to do bad? Every action has a consequence and if it's not recognized in this life, I do believe it definitely will be in the next. Just my opinion.

Prince George, Canada

#464569 Jul 22, 2013
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say it's childish behavior,
To fight over who an imaginary god loves is childish behavior ... no matter how you cut it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web