Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,532
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#464562 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is.
They demand that the gods love them because they believe a certain way.
Despicable childish behavior.
I wouldn't say it's childish behavior, I just think people are so friggin' lost and are too scared to dispute what is being told to them for fear of being chastised; not only by other people but by God! The human brain can only understand rational and logical thinking. I DO believe in God and that Jesus walked the Earth as man. If I am wrong, then so be it. But I DO NOT believe the hodge podge people try and feed me about which religion is right, which one I have to follow, which one is bad, which one is good. Who cares? As long as we try and be the best people we can be toward others and our selves, that's fine! People are sheepole...they follow like lost sheep with their tongues hanging out. They do it with religion and they do it with the government. Sickening and sad. It's like, WAKE UP PEOPLE! Think for yourselves! SEE the contradictions and ASK about it, challenge it, do your OWN research and stop believing whatever you are told!". SO aggravating. The level of ignorance of the majority of people explains why the world is so messed up.

Location hidden

#464563 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Pro 8:35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
Pro 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
That's wonderful that you can quote the Bible but do you practice what you preach or are you like a lot of religious people I know who are rude to others, and sin all week only to go to church to beg for forgiveness, walk out the door and start the sin cycle all over again? I waitress and yesterday my co worker waited on a Priest and 3 of his companions. She went over to them to see how they were doing and he rudely shooed her away without even looking up at her. I think so many religious people are biggots and hypocrites. It disgusts me and is a major reason why I gave up organized religion in the first place.
truth

Perth, Australia

#464564 Jul 22, 2013
deciver is deciver
yep
miracle from deciver like never before

not meeeeeeeeeee
nooooooooo
i born with no=a as necu

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#464565 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Buhahahaha... muhahaha!! Ancient aliens on history channel? lol. South Park actually did a whole episode making fun of the absurdity of the video you just showed! lol. Thank you. I needed a good laugh before bed.
If you are using South Park as a reference of history, then I now understand why you are a Catholic.

Your team nay-sayed the Earth revolved around the Sun.

It is quite telling you would think this nonsense is pertinent.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#464566 Jul 22, 2013
If I were starving I would steal.

If I thought my family was going to be killed by a mad-man with a gun, I would shoot him and if he died I would feel no guilt whatsoever.

If I were young and I became pregnant and didn't want to give birth to what would become a baby, I would have an abortion without feeling one bit of guilt.

If I were born gay and was raised by Christian parents who taught me that being gay was offensive to a god, I might learn to hate my self and in turn hate those who are gay enough to become a serial killer as were Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gasy.

I could be all things negative, if conditions in my life were such to make my world view suit each negative situation.

I don't elude my self that I am at all holy. It's a time-saver on my part.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#464567 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IN THE CONTEXT OF THE PARABLE
Jesus was speaking to.... a predominantly Jewish congregation..
keep in mind that Jesus was born to a Jewish Mother..
He was raise in a Jewish synagogue..
He came to the Jews first...
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
We gentiles had no entrance into the kingdom of God until Jesus died on Calvary's cross.
ONLY THEN COULD IT BE SAID OF US GENTILES
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Ok I hear you..so the. All if the NT is for the Jews. The words of Jesus anyway.

About forgivenes seventy times seven.

About all those given to the Son..the lost sheep.

All the parables..ONKY about the Jews..Not us???

Location hidden

#464568 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are selfish. To think that we are part of a good force is simply our egos at work, and nothing more.
Some of the most greedy humans I have known were in religion and perceived their selves as holy servants of "god."
I don't allow my self to go there, as I know I could be as nasty in my behavior as any other human if circumstances called for such activities.
I suggest that to stay grounded and not allow the imagination to take such lofty flights is common sense.
If there is a life that continues after death, it will be what it will be and not necessarily what we imagine it will be.
To fight over such issues is plain stupidity.
I wouldn't say we are arguing, I'd call it more like debating and discussing which I think is wonderful because it challenges our own beliefs and opens our minds to the possibility of other ideas. We CHOOSE to be part of a good force or bad force. That's the beauty of free will! I just posted something in response to someone who responded to your post pertaining to the same thing you said about religious people. I feel the same way you do! SO many people I know that claim they are these church going, God loving people are the same people that would stab you in the back in the blink of an eye. Two faced, self righteous hypocrites that sin all week long, go to church to beg for forgiveness only to walk out the doors of the church and start the sin cycle all over again. THIS is a HUGE reason why I gave up on organised religion. Like I said prior, we have a choice. DO I want to be a person who uses my life force to to good or do I want to use my life force to do bad? Every action has a consequence and if it's not recognized in this life, I do believe it definitely will be in the next. Just my opinion.

Prince George, Canada

#464569 Jul 22, 2013
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say it's childish behavior,
To fight over who an imaginary god loves is childish behavior ... no matter how you cut it.

Albuquerque, NM

#464570 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really implying that after all these yrs on TopIx, you do not know what Catholics teach about Papal infallibility?
After all the discussions I have had with people, are you trying to divert from answering a straight question?

Don't be a Catholic, be a person for a change.

Location hidden

#464571 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
but why are Born Again Evangelicals divided on this?
Again, Sola Fide is no minor disagreement. One of yous are committing a terrible sin by preaching opposite of the will of God.
on the issue of OSAS< GIF and myself are ON the same side. speaking of what the Bible teaches. Both of us are on the same page about the Prodigal Son being Israel.

so neither of us are Preaching anything different, Both of us, contrary to oxbores thinking, believe in the Baptism of the Holy Ghost as a definite Work of Grace, with our difference in that I havent spoke in tongues and he does.

SO YOU ARE WRONG, LIKE ALWAYS
truth

Perth, Australia

#464572 Jul 22, 2013
i am not careeeeeee

many masters and lords and gods exist all thiefs is there as sezame open yourself

not meeeeeeeeeeeee

never will be=no

amen am ;en
byyyyyyyyyyy
don't eat with rich
don't sit with them

last chair is good..yep
you don't need even any chair

yep

by

Albuquerque, NM

#464573 Jul 22, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhh,you understand that God only inspired a few select people? Well do tell. We understand that anyone under the influence and guidance of the Holy Spirit can be inspired. Any person,man or woman under the influence of the Holy Spirit can be inspired to even teach Gods word ACCURATELY. To teach the word of God ACCURATELY requires inspiration from the Holy Spirit thus it is an inspiration from God. So no my friend, there's more than a few people that God inspires. Scripture even tells us that in the last days God would pour out of His Spirit and both sons and daughters shall prophesy. Prophesy means to teach. Teach what? Teach Gods word. They will be teaching what the prophets wrote etc, etc. That is a form of being inspired and that is done by the influence of the Holy Spirit.
Good, then we agree Thomas was inspired by "God", thus his gospel is just as pertinent to utilize than others.

Unless you do have a specific text, by "God" that states otherwise.

Do you?

Please post that link or source of your conclusion.

Thanks!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#464574 Jul 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
When reading the Bible we must remember to whom a letter is directed and keep it in context. For instance, the letters written by Paul to Corinth and Ephesus were addressing problems the local church was experiencing. This is also true with "Hebrews". Hebrews was written and is directed to Jews not Christians. Hebrews 6 is not talking about believers at all. It is talking about those Jews who came "close" to becoming a believer but never gave their heart to Jesus and have now regressed back to Judaism.
Begin reading Hebrews at Hebrews 5:11 to Hebrews 6:9. These passages were not written about Christians but about unbelievers who were convinced of the basic truths of the Gospel but never placed their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. They have understood the Gospel in their minds but not in their hearts.
Hebrews 5:11-15, 11 "About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. 12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, 13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. 15 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil."
Ok at in Heb 10:26

He seems to be addressing Jewish believers...

Obviously we are not supposed to sin..

But many do fall away from the Lord...And yet repent even years,later.

Does this scripture mean their repentance is futile...it that He will forgive us as,list sheep..decent times seven.

Location hidden

#464575 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
She "believed" she gave her life to a lord.
Do you believe that she would go to hell if she hadn't performed such mental acrobatics?
I believe what Jesus said, except a man be Born Again, he will not enter into Heaven.

I have a brother who is a JW, he will split hell wide open, and he wasn't brought up to follow that nonsense but his new woman has caused him to be deceived. only with him will our family circle be broken unless he repents and comes to God.. my parents were Saved, my sister is Saved as was her husband(a Preacher BTW). my wwife and I expect to make Heaven our home, and now the oldest grandchild, is following the Leading of the Lord

Albuquerque, NM

#464576 Jul 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of oddities...why did Lord Pacal have 144,000 on his forehead, when he was a "Pagan", and knew nothing about the "christian" beliefs?
Perhaps he was aware of a far earlier teaching...
Good question.

144,000 - Christian reference is related to the rapture during the "end days" that 12,000 people from the 12 tribes of Israel will be wisked away in a moment and they are saved and in "heaven". Whereas, the rest of mankind will have to deal with seven years of tribulation while "Satan rules" the Earth.

a. No man or being will "rule" me while I am alive. Looks like that individual who does decide to "take on New Age" - he/she will be ever so in for a fight.

b. according to the world death rate - approx. 144K people die EVERYDAY.

Could this number reference that is found in the Western Hemisphere and in the East, be an earlier reference to the current death rate?
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/De...
http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/live-world...

Prince George, Canada

#464577 Jul 22, 2013
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
That's wonderful that you can quote the Bible
What's wonderful about it? Anyone who reads can quote scriptures.

Because she has been programmed, this young girl can quote the Qur'an.

Location hidden

#464578 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I hear you..so the. All if the NT is for the Jews. The words of Jesus anyway.
About forgivenes seventy times seven.
About all those given to the Son..the lost sheep.
All the parables..ONKY about the Jews..Not us???
the Words of Jesus were literal up and until His Death, from that point on, His words can and are applied to the Christian. they now are Spiritual, one of the three steps to understanding the Word of God, that I told you about.

Don't get yourself worked up, trust and believe

Prince George, Canada

#464579 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I believe what Jesus said,
Catholic theologians compiled and approved of all the data in the new testament. They created the Jesus-myth which was simply a re-warmed myth from other religious history.

You were fed that information and taught to believe it was based on truth.

Every theologian in every religion committed the same atrocities by programming the minds of their devout followers.

Location hidden

#464580 Jul 22, 2013
The OT teaches us about the mistakes that the jewish people made,

the NT helps us to overcome those mistakes through His Sacrifice.

that is the Bible in a nutshell(If I can use that term).

please don't make it harder than that.

the Way is plain too follow, Follow Jesus.

Albuquerque, NM

#464581 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its highly unlikely the Apostle Thomas wrote the 'Gospel of Thomas'. Most scholars think it was penned by men in the 2nd century.
Regardless, all scripture relied on a group to label it as 'inspired'. The Bible never instructs us on what Books belong in it. In Christianity, it took the authority of the Catholic Church at the councils of Laodicea, Carthage, Rome and Hippo to finalize the Biblical canon in the 4th century.
If you are going to use this argument against Jesus' Apostles, then the same logic would have to be applied to a good protion of the NT.
- "John" - unknown author
- "Mark" - unknown author
- "Matthew" - unknown author

"Paul's letters" - a few are NOT written by "Paul", even he admits this
- 2 Timothy - a "Pastoral" is considered not written by him
- Hebrews - is also another that was considered penned to refute Gnosticism

You argument is failing.

Hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 19 min marge 1,985
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Cultastic 8,909
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Feb 19 Jaimie 83,954
More from around the web