Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695473 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#464803 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting article
Where does the orthodox church stand on where born or preborn babies go
If not baptized...
Do they go t o a LIMBO without Jesus or does He take them as His own
Hello Rose...When I became Greek Orthodox I asked my priest that question because I also wanted to know where my little girl was in the churches belief.As you know my little girl died from cancer at age 6 and was not baptized.I was going to protestant church back then.My Orthodox priest told me that my baby was in the hands of Jesus and and not to worry.Thats enough for me....God Bless!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464804 Jul 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I am doing this for Anrhony.He wants you to know the Orthodox Church believes the following so that you can hate on us, realizing we are the same as Catholics. Here is the list. Start TURNING ON US AND hating me alone.US.Then maybe Anthony will leave
hmmmmmm let me think
icons
saints
the Eucharist
priests
Theotokos ( Virgin ary) though not as extreme and stay away from the subject of appearance at Medjugory etc
ask the saints to pray for us
There are ways that Orthodoxy is very similar to some of your Protestant beliefs.Orthodoxy is focused , not so much on rules and rituals as it is on relationship with Christ, union with God. The Catholics here see that the Orthodox and Caths have similarities on the surface because the Catholics here think on the surface.They miss the spirituality that is the goal of Orthodoxy- beyond all Catechisms= relationship and union with Christ.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464805 Jul 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The concept of Limbo is outside Orthodox theology.
Orthodox do not believe in original "guilt" By Original Sin I mean being guilty of Adam's action-of Adam's sin. Orthodox believe that babies are born with an inborn predisposition to sin, there seems no more need for Limbo than there is a need for the belief in the Blessed Virgin's Mary's Immaculate Conception to produce a perfect Christ.
We inherit not Adam's guilt for his sin but a Adam's predisposition to sin. We do not carry the guilt of Adam's sin but Adam's predisposition to sin.
St. Gregory of Nyssa wrote in his treatise, "On Infants' Early Deaths" that since "the innocent babe has no such plague before its soul's eyes obscuring its measure of light, and so it continues to exist in that natural life; it does not need the soundness which comes from purgation, because it never admitted the plague into its soul at all."
Hope this is helpful
Yes because on an abortion forum none of the Catholics ..here too.

Seem to think aborted babies are with Jesus..in fact they put up a link
Which seemed to say abortion is a creation of the evil one ( I agreed)

With the purpose of having the souls of these unborn children baptized thus dying guilty of original sin.

Your explanation makes much more sense ..IMO

We do inherit disposition to sin and DEATH from Adam

I cannot believe. OUR DEAR LORD would let the evil one triumph over the souls of babies killed in the womb.

Not miscarried baby's ..nor infants And young children who die
without baptism.

Imo

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#464806 Jul 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This is the dictatorial monarchy.No wonder Catholics here just basically recite the Catechism.
Pride and arrogance - go together so well.

I'd rather have pride in what I do, knowing it will be well rcvd and can stand alone on the any recognition, than have arrogance or pride of what I did, when I present it to others.

New Age

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464807 Jul 22, 2013
compare for yourself.

Below is the King James Version of Isaiah 53:1-3.

[1] Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
[2] For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
[3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.


Below is the same passage from the Great Isaiah Scroll. Differences between the King James Version and the Great Isaiah Scroll are underlined. While these differences are not severe, at least in these few passages, it clearly demonstrates that more than 17 differences exist in Isaiah 53 between the Dead Sea Scrolls and the King James Version.

[1] Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
[2] For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor he hath comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire ourselves.
[3] He is despised and rejected of men and man of sorrows, and he knows grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; and despised him, and we esteemed him not.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464808 Jul 22, 2013
Clay....whadda bouit....

You said:Pope Francis' statement. He never claimed atheist are saved.You're a liar and a cheat. I could never join your religion because you need to use deception in order to exists.

God knows you know Pope Francis didn't say what you teach he said. Everyone at your apocalyptic Bible study Adventist meeting will not get away with spreading that kinda garbage.

My reply:
First reported: LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online)- The Holy Father is full of surprises, born of true and faithful humility. On Wednesday he declared that all people, not just Catholics, are redeemed through Jesus, even atheists.

That was "corrected" quote:
What did Pope Francis really say? What was his message? The Vatican Radio report of it may be read here.

First, Pope Francis really did say: "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!.... Even the atheists. Everyone!"

Tell me the two different messages you see...

Are you saying if a person is redeemed, he is not saved????? You deny Christ, the Savior, as the redeemer of the Human Race???

REDEEMER

A name given to Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world, because he redeems mankind from the bondage and guilt of their sins, by dying in their place, and thus paying their ransom....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#464809 Jul 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I don.t know how to rebuke. I am rebuke-challenged. Does this mean I get a handicap parking space?
Your lucky day, you get an assistance to help you change the horseshoes on the horse you just stopped!

;o)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464810 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he didn't play your friend for very long. as I suspected.
but hey don't worry, there are plenty of us Protestants that care for you and your wife.
we can agree to disagree but that doesn't mean that we must cruel about it
This is what draws to the Protestants rather than the Catholics here.You have Christ's spirit.

Anthony really surprised me. He will not give it up.This surprised me with the intensity. What does he care about the Ortho Church or educating Protestants re the Orthodox Church?? That is pathetic.

I am with you. We can agree to disagree.I also want to learn. I read your posts to each other.I believe there is great value in many things that are said. All I hear from the Caths is the catechism and attacks. Where is the soul in the posts?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464811 Jul 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride and arrogance - go together so well.
I'd rather have pride in what I do, knowing it will be well rcvd and can stand alone on the any recognition, than have arrogance or pride of what I did, when I present it to others.
New Age
Thats why you are my homie.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464812 Jul 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Spirit is already part of the Father. If you have to think that babies and still born babies go somewhere else, I feel sorry for you.
In fact, I pity you to think such awful thoughts.
I guess you don't believe much in the Spirit, huh?
*sighs*
BTW - Self - no religion is required to believe the way you do.
Why would you believe that babies go anywhere but heaven?
*points to the Topix police*
Hey, over here - this one has lost faith in the Father!! Heretic ALERT!!
:o)
I BELIEVE THOSE BABIES ARE WITH JESUS.

the Catholics on the other hand will not say that..

They give some answer from the CC. about God being merciful

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#464813 Jul 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thats why you are my homie.
^5s

*high fives* YEAH!!

Oh wait -*low fives and whispers* yeah...

I don't want others to think I am having fun!

:o)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#464814 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I BELIEVE THOSE BABIES ARE WITH JESUS.
the Catholics on the other hand will not say that..
They give some answer from the CC. about God being merciful
You'll have to post the citation or support that shows Catholicism teaches what you say.

You do have this information, or has it just been told to you, and you haven't had the chance to research it yet?

What say you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464815 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>snipped because I only wish to address this question of yours. even tho I have spoken of this many times, maybe you never read it.
not long after I got Saved, Cathies dad was in the hospital and the Lord woke me up and told me to call her at the Hospital. and when I did, she told me that her dad was in bad shape. when I started to walk out of home, the Lord spoke to me and told me to take my Bible(KJV,of course) and when I walked into the ICU, her dad was having a difficult time. I knelt down and began to pray, and God told me to put one hand on my Bible and the other on him. and then Power like electricity flowed thru me into him. and when I finished Praying, I said these words, "Lord I commend his soul into your hands".
Immediately he began to breath better. and one woman then called me over and told me how he had kept them awake all night. and asked me to pray for her.
thru this Spiritual Experience, I found out the answer that you are seeking. I wouldn't use any other version but that good old KJV that has helped millions get Saved.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

I will never believe that a person who is "called of God" who denies that God and God the Father Almighty are one and the same, would ever receive such a gift.......

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464816 Jul 22, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Rose...When I became Greek Orthodox I asked my priest that question because I also wanted to know where my little girl was in the churches belief.As you know my little girl died from cancer at age 6 and was not baptized.I was going to protestant church back then.My Orthodox priest told me that my baby was in the hands of Jesus and and not to worry.Thats enough for me....God Bless!
And so sad again on your baby ..the only possible consolation ..Jesus loves that baby girl ...as,much as you and she is. most happy in His arms...empty as yours are ..His are full...And all embracing.

As far as I know protestants feel that way ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464817 Jul 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I am doing this for Anrhony.He wants you to know the Orthodox Church believes the following so that you can hate on us, realizing we are the same as Catholics. Here is the list. Start TURNING ON US AND hating me alone.US.Then maybe Anthony will leave
hmmmmmm let me think
icons
saints
the Eucharist
priests
Theotokos ( Virgin ary) though not as extreme and stay away from the subject of appearance at Medjugory etc
ask the saints to pray for us
Lol

Trust me herme..no one here hates you that I can see.

I think the Spirit call to us where we are...to bring us to redeeming FAITH....That includes CatholicS ....And orthodox and no organized RELIGION .

ITS ABOUT HIM not our church

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#464818 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I BELIEVE THOSE BABIES ARE WITH JESUS.
the Catholics on the other hand will not say that..
They give some answer from the CC. about God being merciful
But you still had to ask. Why does it matter to you what another thinks?

Looking to vent? Hey - vent to me....what's on your mind?

*listens*

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464819 Jul 22, 2013
How many years does the Dead Sea Scrolls predate the Masoretic text?

Answer:


The earliest Dead Sea scrolls have been dated to 2160 years ago.
The Masoretic text has always existed, since the giving of the Torah and the prophets. What the Massoretes were doing when they were active (1250 to 1050 years ago) was to ascertain the exact Tanakh text as it had been in ancient times; i.e. the original (to ferret out any copyists' errors that might have crept into individual scrolls). This labor was concluded 1060 years ago, when Aaron Ben Asher of Teveryah (Tiberias) completed the two centuries of that research. His handwritten Tanakh, called the Keter Aram Tzova, was kept for centuries in Aleppo, is still extant today, and was declared perfectly accurate by the Rambam (Maimonides), who himself had come across a Torah scroll from well over a thousand years before his time.

want to know the answers about Judaism, ask the jewish people.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464820 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes because on an abortion forum none of the Catholics ..here too.
Seem to think aborted babies are with Jesus..in fact they put up a link
Which seemed to say abortion is a creation of the evil one ( I agreed)
With the purpose of having the souls of these unborn children baptized thus dying guilty of original sin.
Your explanation makes much more sense ..IMO
We do inherit disposition to sin and DEATH from Adam
I cannot believe. OUR DEAR LORD would let the evil one triumph over the souls of babies killed in the womb.
Not miscarried baby's ..nor infants And young children who die
without baptism.
Imo
I forgot death. Yes we inherit death. Thank you.Your description of the Cath post on abortion was informative as well. Be well.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#464821 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>snipped because I only wish to address this question of yours. even tho I have spoken of this many times, maybe you never read it.
not long after I got Saved, Cathies dad was in the hospital and the Lord woke me up and told me to call her at the Hospital. and when I did, she told me that her dad was in bad shape. when I started to walk out of home, the Lord spoke to me and told me to take my Bible(KJV,of course) and when I walked into the ICU, her dad was having a difficult time. I knelt down and began to pray, and God told me to put one hand on my Bible and the other on him. and then Power like electricity flowed thru me into him. and when I finished Praying, I said these words, "Lord I commend his soul into your hands".
Immediately he began to breath better. and one woman then called me over and told me how he had kept them awake all night. and asked me to pray for her.
thru this Spiritual Experience, I found out the answer that you are seeking. I wouldn't use any other version but that good old KJV that has helped millions get Saved.
Really Preston? The Lord woke you up and told you to call the Hospital, and when you went to your car, The Lord stopped you and said,'grab your KJV Bible'.

You've gotta be kidding. Are you trying to be a smart a$$ or something?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464822 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be saved and so does chuck who also says Catholics aren't saved (I assume you do too). My question to you both is what have you done for this salvation that a Catholic cant also claim?
It is clear....you have no answer to "Which brings up the question: What has any faithful Catholic done to be saved????"

Its a safe bet...if you do not know how to be saved...you ain't!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 15 Eyes on Christ 10,732
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan 21 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web