Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,412)

Showing posts 448,221 - 448,240 of512,201
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks RoSesz I read them, the first link is proper exegesis, the second not so much.
As you can see i coped and pasted much of what 'got questions' says on the topic:)
Margy,There lies the trouble.You're coppieing from a flawed book with unknown authors.FYI. Your welcome.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Good advice!
It didn't come from me, God gave it to me just as I walked into the house. certainly will stop many fights on here and none will have to tip toe around someone else

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>many times I don't place the link and some people call you names. don't worry about it. if they wish to know where it comes from, all they have to do is hit google or bing with just the first few words.
Thanx my great friend.
Rose and I send our love to you and your wife.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

marge wrote:
Many more illustrations of what occurs at salvation could be shared. Even these few make it abundantly clear that a Christian cannot lose salvation. Most, if not all, of what the Bible says happens to us when we receive Jesus Christ as Savior would be invalidated if salvation could be lost. Salvation cannot be reversed. A Christian cannot be un-newly created. Redemption cannot be undone. Eternal life cannot be lost and still be considered eternal. If a Christian can lose salvation, God would have to go back on His Word and change His mind—two things that Scripture tells us God never does.
The most frequent objections to the belief that a Christian cannot lose salvation are 1) What about those who are Christians and continually live an immoral lifestyle? 2) What about those who are Christians but later reject the faith and deny Christ? The problem with these two objections is the phrase “who are Christians.” The Bible declares that a true Christian will not live a continually immoral lifestyle (1 John 3:6). The Bible declares that anyone who departs the faith is demonstrating that he never truly was a Christian (1 John 2:19). Therefore, neither objection is valid. Christians do not continually live immoral lifestyles, nor do they reject the faith and deny Christ. Such actions are proof that they were never redeemed.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-lose-sa...
I am not confuting Scripture here,but the reality is Marge,many who are redeemed have fallen away and are living lives outside of the Arch of safety which is hidden in Christ.I vannot tell you how many individuals I have met over the years who fit that description.I am not saying that they will be damned or whatever,but the truth is we daily struggle with our decisions,that include our own will.Ananais and Sapphira were believers,and they lied to the Holy Spirit,what happened to them proves that although we may be converted we still have the free will to reject,ignore and abandon the Truth!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>anyone who THINKS that dog food is your meatloaf cant be all bad.LOL
Preston....if you knew Nick in real life you would love him!Everyday is an adventure and funny!I am Blessed to have found such a gem!!!...He makes laugh and I treasure that!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks RoSesz I read them, the first link is proper exegesis, the second not so much.
As you can see i coped and pasted much of what 'got questions' says on the topic:)
Marge, it is a one sided overview and opine that they are given to you. why not drop it?

Chuck and I decided to not speak of it to each other again, and it has worked for us.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
If the damned are being cast down to hell, that means that the god again overrode the supposed free will of the souls. An all powerful god that sends his helpless victims to burn in hell ain't a god that deserves anything but a boot in the ass to the imaginary curb.
Religion is BUNK!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Signs & Symbols in Christian Art
The Last Judgment
Often other angels hover near Christ, bearing the instruments of His passion. At His right hand, the elect are rising to their reward in Heaven; and at His left hand, the damned are being cast down to Hell.
THAT is why we adhere to the Scriptures,because signs and symbols in Christian Art is not the final word as to what is T R U T H from the Mouth of God.

You have such a sordid view of God it is really sad.I doubt that such a Creator could be limited to your assessment of Him,because if He in fact is the Creator He cannot be subject to our personal opinions of Him even whether good or bad.It says in the Scriptures "Do not limit God!" You limit Him so much in your posts,that I wonder how much you experienced when you claim you were once a prisoner of faith?

Of course I know that George Carlin was successful in inspiring overt defamation of the Character of the Creator,you are his student.Are you sure you want to remain a follower of a deceased man who is soon to face the Judgment of the Creator he hated so much?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad i saw this post,it includes what RoSeze said to me in regards to my future surgery.T
I will use this space to answer Ro's question about OSAS. I find that topic very hard to give a yes or no answer to as it were.GRACE is a very powerful truth to the believer,or it should be.What is important is that we realize that outside of the Cross on which our Savior died,and His plan of salvation there is nothing that can be added to that.He said "It is Finished".That tells me that He P a i d the full price for all sin and for future generations.2,000 years of sins by humanity is more than we could ever add up,so only the PERSON of Christ who sacrificed His All,can fathom the depths of what He accomplished on the Cross.
I believe that the Garden of Gethsemane also must be taken into account,as He was faced with the reality of what He would face for our sins,IN the SWEAT,Drops of Blood.The Agony in the garden was not just Jesus dreading facing the Cross,but also knowing the extent of human degredation through the Nature of Sin.
Jesus being the Lamb of God is so final and so powerful,all of any human effort to cleanse ones conscience or do works that would appease God is F U T I L E!It is a disservice to what Christ accomplished when we do not freely receive His grace,that is without merit or something which we ourselves must do to reconcile before a Righteous Father.No sacrifice made by human hands can suffice to appeal to God the Father,when HE in fact gave His only Son as a Ransom.
To continue to sin after receiving Christ is something we all struggle with,no exceptions.The view that God is quick to condemn us and judge our souls to hell is ridiculous in regards to the Christian struggle with sin post receiving Christ.For if a person truly receives Christ he or she experiences the Holy Spirit who convicts us of sin.If a person ignores the Holy Spirit,he or she is basically telling the Father that His Son's death meant nothing,and that work of grace was useless.So if individuals continue to sin and live according to their own fallen state,and ignore Christ,than what kind of salvation did they experience?
Nothing that Christ has done for us is powerless,nor is His grace cheap.BUT,we who come to Christ, have to evaluate what happened to us when we embraced the crucified Savior who washed away our sins with His precious Blood.If the person ignores the Grace of Christ,and believes he or she is saved by any effort of their doing,they do not know the extent of grace,or what Christ accomplished on the Cross for them.That is a concern as to what believers are taught in the so called churches or organizations.But what Christ did is final,and complete.Our salvation is complete in Him,only because HE did it.No "man can come to the Father except by Jesus the Son"His sacrifice paid the full price,and we are called to receive and BELIEVE,and to walk in the Spirit. Sin we will,but to ignore Christ and to live in the bounds of sin destroys the witness of what the Spirit has done.
We have an ADVOCATE with the Father in the Son,REPENTANCE is required when sinning post receiving that Saving Grace.Continually!
Thanks so much
My thought on this..was that if you are sinning and you feel deeply that the spIrit US calling you to repentance ..then God is nit at all through with you.
Why wouldn't He bother ??
GiF. Is saying I think ..That if we willfully sin we are closing the door.even if we REPENT...using HEB 6 4-10 as scripture on it.
This really bothered me as I had not learned this at all
But I have been reading that he was writing to the Jews and some were falling back into sacrificial Judaism

On the scar tissue they are very careful.surgery to remove it causes MORE..I had to have I t for obstruction also ...awful.

I think the myofascial release that I can even do on myself. helps big time..
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Preston....if you knew Nick in real life you would love him!Everyday is an adventure and funny!I am Blessed to have found such a gem!!!...He makes laugh and I treasure that!!
I have no doubt about that Seraphima,his posts are always transparent and genuine.He has a great deal of personal respect as well,it is obvious,and we will meet him someday,if not here,in glory!
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

marge wrote:
A Christian is guaranteed glorification.“And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified”(Romans 8:30). As we learned in Romans 5:1, justification is declared at the moment of faith. According to Romans 8:30, glorification is guaranteed for all those whom God justifies. Glorification refers to a Christian receiving a perfect resurrection body in heaven. If a Christian can lose salvation, then Romans 8:30 is in error, because God could not guarantee glorification for all those whom He predestines, calls, and justifies.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-lose-sa...
And these posts certainly point to the fact of eternal security as taught by the scriptures. No need to speculate. No need to assume. No reason to question at all. If one is indeed saved(as per the scriptures) he is saved for all of eternity. The only real question is was one saved in the first place. Sad so few are willing to accept what the scriptures really teach us on this subject.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Preston....if you knew Nick in real life you would love him!Everyday is an adventure and funny!I am Blessed to have found such a gem!!!...He makes laugh and I treasure that!!
I know that on this forum, many of us have come to know you and Nick and we are very pleased that you have joined our sometime dysfunctional family.

I am looking forward til the time that we three go out on the road to our day in the sun with our comedy act.If we can find a driver that is.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the prodigal Son is in reference to Israel and its backsliding.
Please remember that the Holy Spirit is not given to them(unless one of them would be Born Again),as it is given to us.
You have been duped....

The story of the prodigal son is the last one on redemption. The first was the lost sheep. The second was the lost coin.
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>But we have to realize that although YES we are new creatures in Christ,we are not dead in our present bodies yet. If a person decides of his or her own free will to reject that new creation in themselves, that is a decision of the Will,and places the person in the position of deciding once again their own fate outside of the Promises of God.In Christ we have our being and redemption,that is perfect,Holy,and wondrous.But we are given such a powerful freedom to choose our way.
Many of the people who are called,for reasons known to them reject the call and follow their own conscience,and the Bible says worse is their fate than if they never knew the Master to begin with.That is why every believer needs to be taught about what happened to them on believing,and to what extent if possible they must understand who the Holy Spirit is in their lives.The Holy Spirit reveals Christ to us,and the Redemptive plan of God is made clear through the Holy Spirit.The power of the Holy Spirit will not act against the will of the individual,but as a Gentleman that He is,He does not force obedience or discipline.It is the believer along with the church(Community) to learn discipline and obedience to WALK in the Spirit.Wreckless Christians as it were bring shame to the rest of the body.But even more if a believer chooses to abandon Christ,he or she needs to understand that they no longer will be able to control what they blindly held to before they were converted.Once you come in contact with the Holy One,your life is never the same,and the physical and spiritual world is confronted within the individual,decisions to forsake the spiritual will cause damage that may not be able to be healed if the person dies in that state.
God calls us to Repentance,and that is what the Scriptures teach us,because the Scriptures are addressed to guess who? the BELIEVER!
We really need to realize that the Scriptures are written to those who believe,so everything that is said of salvation and damnation affects us.The unbeliever may never read Scripture.But we who read them are accountable as it were to how we respond to them.
It is Salvation,New Creation,Walking in the Spirit,that is our WAY,and anything else places us in jeapordy.It is impossible to live a secluded life as a believer,doing our own thing,ignoring the discipline and obedience we must have in Christ!
Read the passages she has posted, Pad. And believe what is written. You are in error. But even worse you trying to promote this error.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>

Unfortunately, you're still alive.
But I wonder if my feeling of being alive is a reality, or an illusion! I would trust Einstein's assessment before I would trust yours.

However ... I don't trust either assessment to be other than opinion.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey June!! You "really do" know how to throw out some "big whoppers".
But then, so does Burger King!!!
As does religion.

The idea that a Jew is lusting to come and save only those who GRAB the title of Christian, is a REAL whopper!

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the prodigal Son is in reference to Israel and its backsliding.
Please remember that the Holy Spirit is not given to them(unless one of them would be Born Again),as it is given to us.
You don't think it refers to Our Father and US His children??

A Coming hone to Jesus after we sin??

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting for a link to me "using words in a bible to bully those who are gay".
You forgot already?
My opinion is "the link" to what I believe concerning your nasty self-righteous attitude of superiority.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to me when you found my quote, eh, June?
What quote?

I simply have a belief that you are a bully.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Roseesz I consider Pad a friend
You must be in the same religious cult. Otherwise my guess is, on a forum, you would not believe Pad to be a "friend."
4GVN

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am not confuting Scripture here,but the reality is Marge,many who are redeemed have fallen away and are living lives outside of the Arch of safety which is hidden in Christ.I vannot tell you how many individuals I have met over the years who fit that description.I am not saying that they will be damned or whatever,but the truth is we daily struggle with our decisions,that include our own will.Ananais and Sapphira were believers,and they lied to the Holy Spirit,what happened to them proves that although we may be converted we still have the free will to reject,ignore and abandon the Truth!
The reality is,Pad, we do not base our beliefs on what we percieve to be the case in others lives...BUT by trusting fully in the holy scriptures. We do not and cannot know the heart of others nor know if they have truely been saved or not. And our opion might change depending on which day of the week we decide to try to judge that ones salvation. That judgement is for God alone. But what we can and should place full confidence in is the inerrant word of God. And God's word most certainly teaches that (if we are saved, it is for all eternity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 448,221 - 448,240 of512,201
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••