Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596817 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#464507 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Why did God take my child whom I loved? Why would God be so heartless and cruel? How could a loving God do such a thing? Why does God allow suffering? Does God even exist?
When I was still under the spell of religion I didn't ask why "god" took my baby when she five months of age, because although I was devastated at her loss, I believed she was no longer suffering. But I did ask why god allowed babies to be born simply to suffer sometimes for many years and then die from starvation-related diseases.

Now I don't believe that a god exists, so I no longer wonder why suffering of all forms of life exists.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464508 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So the prodigal is not the Believer who sins??
And the Shepherd will not go after His lost sheep th as t The FATHER gave Him??
And when He told us about forgiveness..??
It just makes some of scripture confusing to believe that a repentant
Believe cannot be forgiven..Has shut the door on salvation
That's nit to speak of one who never turns back to the Lord.
Or the Jews the Hebrew writer addressed who were going back t o practice of Sacrificial Judaism
If ALL sin and fall short if the glory of God ..how can it be that The blood will not cover sin of the believer..
Sorry Kay ..gif ..But very contradictory..???
~~~

IN THE CONTEXT OF THE PARABLE

Jesus was speaking to.... a predominantly Jewish congregation..

keep in mind that Jesus was born to a Jewish Mother..

He was raise in a Jewish synagogue..

He came to the Jews first...

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

We gentiles had no entrance into the kingdom of God until Jesus died on Calvary's cross.

ONLY THEN COULD IT BE SAID OF US GENTILES

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Prince George, Canada

#464509 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="atemcowboy" I think after years of fighting about it on this forum, we should all just walk in the light that we are given.
if you cant understand that OSAS might not be Biblical, then just leave it alone.and vice versa.
&&&&&& &&&&&
That is a good idea for all of those questions about which the Bible does not give a specific answer.
Scripture says that 'those things that are revealed to us are ours, but those not revealed, belong to God.'
May not be the exact quote; I'm writing in the dark (don't want to wake anyone else up), so I can't look it up.
KayMarie
You can find anything in the words of all the supposed holy books that will make "sense" to your intellect ... if you force feed it into your psyche.

But unless you ask the pertinent questions, you won't get any common-sense answers.

For instance ... you believe that Jesus came to earth to save only those who believe as you believe, and that he was the first savior to ever come to earth.

You won't even consider all the other religions before Christianity that also had savior gods and savior sons of gods in their religions that they also believed were coming especially to save them.

Now if you asked the question of why you are believing that a savior would come to save you and not all those other people who believed as they believed ... you would comprehend that chances are better than not, savior gods were and are myths and nothing but myths, and that your religious beliefs are just more religious beliefs ... and nothing special whatsoever.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#464510 Jul 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The real point of this discussion was,..can we as believers sin..even grievously...And be led back into repentance by the HOLY SPIRIT.
That passage that was quoted from Hebrews seems to say the can't.
When reading the Bible we must remember to whom a letter is directed and keep it in context. For instance, the letters written by Paul to Corinth and Ephesus were addressing problems the local church was experiencing. This is also true with "Hebrews". Hebrews was written and is directed to Jews not Christians. Hebrews 6 is not talking about believers at all. It is talking about those Jews who came "close" to becoming a believer but never gave their heart to Jesus and have now regressed back to Judaism.

Begin reading Hebrews at Hebrews 5:11 to Hebrews 6:9. These passages were not written about Christians but about unbelievers who were convinced of the basic truths of the Gospel but never placed their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. They have understood the Gospel in their minds but not in their hearts.

Hebrews 5:11-15, 11 "About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. 12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, 13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. 15 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil."

Prince George, Canada

#464511 Jul 22, 2013
God knows the future.
KayMarie
What if that one god exists and favors only Jews?

It's not nice to step on such a powerful god's toes.

Maybe he's up in the sky "insisting" that he inspired Jews to write the whole truth in the old testament, and that you are preaching lies about him.

Tongue in cheek

#464512 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
IN THE CONTEXT OF THE PARABLE
Jesus was speaking to.... a predominantly Jewish congregation..
keep in mind that Jesus was born to a Jewish Mother..
He was raise in a Jewish synagogue..
He came to the Jews first...
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
We gentiles had no entrance into the kingdom of God until Jesus died on Calvary's cross.
ONLY THEN COULD IT BE SAID OF US GENTILES
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
~~~

THE RETURN OF THE PRODIGAL SON (THE JEWS)IS PROPHESIED IN...

Zec 12:9 And

it shall come to pass in that day,

that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and

upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,

the spirit of grace and of supplications: and

they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and

they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and

shall be in bitterness for him,

as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Prince George, Canada

#464513 Jul 22, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Im finding that the catholics often mischaracterize the Orthodox position to support theirs.
We all prefer our own stories.

What good is a god, if he won't consider that devout believers are special and others devout believers are evil?

Now a goddess is another "story." She has been ordered by the modern Pagans to love everybody ... even homosexuals.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#464514 Jul 22, 2013
truth wrote:
i don't care what you say..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#464515 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I believe in conditional eternal security...
The Bible says...
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Commentary Geneva Bible dated 1599
1 John 3:3
(4) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even (e) as he is pure.
(4) Now he describes this adoption (the glory which as yet consists in hope) by the effect that is, because whoever is made the Son of God, endeavours to resemble the Father in purity.
(e) This word signifies a likeness, but not an equality.
I John 3:3-12, 3 "And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. 4 Everyone who makes a PRACTICE of sinning also PRACTICES lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever PRACTICES righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a PRACTICE of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a PRACTICE of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not PRACTICE righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."

What is the meaning of the words I have capitalized in I John 3:3-11? The words are practice and practices? Please explain.

Prince George, Canada

#464516 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was once a Catlick...and as such, I swallowed all the swill fed to me by the vatacan..
By the Grace of God, my Spiritual eyes and ears were opened..I keep praying that by His Grace, one Catlick on this forum will experience His Grace and mercy, and say to me "Now I see. Now I hear!!!"
That would be the greatest reward I could ever receive for the endless hours I have invested in that hope...
I hate not Catholics...my whole family is Catholic...what I do detest is the tripe the vatacan keeps feeding them....
So now that you're a Protestant, does the god love you more than when you were a Catholic???

Silly people!

Prince George, Canada

#464517 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to win an argument when I post
I suggest that you ARE trying to win all arguments and win converts at the same time.

Just think how lucky others could be, if they all realized how much "god" loves you.

#464518 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Zec 12:9 And
it shall come to pass in that day,
that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and
upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
the spirit of grace and of supplications: and
they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and
they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and
shall be in bitterness for him,
as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
~~~

NOTE

THE WORDS OF THE APOSTLE PAUL IN

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that

blindness in part is happened to Israel,

until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them,

when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Prince George, Canada

#464519 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
my granddaughters testimony on facebook.
A month ago i re-entered church and asked god to be apart of my life,Not because he had given up on me but because i had given up living my life for him. I thought this experience would be a breeze but its been one of the roughest rides ive been on. This past week has been filled with nothing but heart break,And it threw me off in the beginning but its opened my eyes to many things. I see how this life is short and im completely done with thinking were guaranteed tomorrow.I have a wonderful life and some pretty special people in it and its time to start appreciating it more! feeling blessed.
Believing in the existence of a god is often hard mental work ... as it doesn't make sense to your conscience that a god would love you and not love those in other religions.

You have to talk yourself into believing that you are special and therefore "blessed" ... while others are "cursed" simply for not believing as you believe.

It's a silly religion to which you belong and it owns you as in holding you in the bondage of stupidity.

#464520 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now that you're a Protestant, does the god love you more than when you were a Catholic???
Silly people!
YOU HAVE BEEN DEFINED/DESCRIBED IN THE WORDS OF APOSTLE PAUL

2Co_12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations,

-->there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. <--

Prince George, Canada

#464521 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not starting trouble....my post was/is intended to reach one person on this forum that definitely needs a word of encouragement, understanding, and a sense that, at least one person on this forum, cares for her spiritual well-being...deeply.......
You believe that her well-being depends on YOU???

What if you are wrong and you are making her situation worse by preaching what "you believe" a god demands of her?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#464522 Jul 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the Bible tell us Ananias and Sapphira were believers. Just wondering.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>one thing that we do know about them and it stands true today.
ONE LIE WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF HEAVEN.
WE NEED NOT KNOW MORE THAN THAT.
Then you and nobody else will enter heaven. You are a liar and so are the rest of us. Now what Mr. Brilliant?

Romans 3:10-18, 10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 hey are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 13 Their throat [is] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [is] under their lips: 14 Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness: 15 Their feet [are] swift to shed blood: 16 Destruction and misery [are] in their ways: 17 And the way of peace have they not known: 18 There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Prince George, Canada

#464523 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I believe in conditional eternal security...
For your self ... and hell for others.
truth

Perth, Australia

#464524 Jul 22, 2013
many lived as godly life but as decivers and posessors..
not meeee

it is written about decivers
you don't liked rosary no
pray where decivers satinic and corupt beennnnnnnnnnn

arte you say like that
yepppppppppppp

what they say
its hide from your eyes
yep
miracle of evil decivers

now

they will offer miracle like never before..is that real Creator

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
and say
o don't lose yourself because of me=wide way..
youtube

AOL

#464525 Jul 22, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_____

Prince George, Canada

#464526 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Faithful Jews to Judaism don't believe that Jesus was the messiah ... as according to them other issues had to unfold before the savior could come to earth, and those issues have not yet occurred.

But then ... compared to you, a Protestant ... what could the Jews possible know about their own religion?

Sarcasm intended.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cuba's Havana Archbishop, Cardinal Jaime Ortega... 1 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 15
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr Sir 9,541
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... Jul 4 Mark 1
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
More from around the web