Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646940 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#464713 Jul 22, 2013
God bless Pope Francis, servant of Christ. Meeting with President of Brazil.

Our 2nd reading at MASS yesterday.

Colossians 1: 24 - 28
24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of HIS BODY, THAT IS, THE CHURCH,
25 of which I became a minister according to the divine office which was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known,
26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now made manifest to his saints.
27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
28 Him we proclaim, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man mature in Christ.

LIVE NOW
http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live_player.as...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#464714 Jul 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
In Vegas? Keep rolling, good luck with that.
"winning souls"

Good luck with that.

When are you Catholics going to realize that people get to make choices in their belief, it doesn't depend upon someone "winning" anything.

You do realize that no one can "win a soul"?

I think you need to brush up on your metaphoric use of phrases.

Times are a changing, and Star, you are not going to be able to pull the wool over others eyes anymore. Well as long as I am posting in this forum.

The Catholic ies are being revealed - one post at a time - sometimes two or three posts at a time.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464715 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbore, I saw the word and I could have corrected it, but then it wouldn't have been her testimony as to how she wants to serve God.
she isn't even a teenager.
So she wants to serve God by referring to Him as god???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464716 Jul 22, 2013
who="StarC" ALTAR CALL… ARE YOU REALLY “SAVED”
“First, we must clarify the question. No one is ever saved "as a result" of an altar call. We are saved only as a result of the GOSPEL. The question, as too often asked, betrays an awful misunderstanding of this most important point. But with that clarification made, we may pass over this question very quickly.
If and when God truly saves a man during the time of public invitation, then we all say "Amen!"
“In all fairness, it is important to observe that the practice was not born in the apostolic church. It is NOT FOUND IN THE MINISTRY OF JESUS, His apostles or even the church of the post-apostolic period. We do see Jesus and the apostles "inviting" men and women to Christ and to be saved, but NEVER by means of this particular method. "Invitations" they give, to be sure! But not altar calls. The altar call is "old fashioned" in only a very relative sense.“
It first AROSE MORE THAN EIGHTEEN CENTURIES
AFTER CHRIST.”
(a made up concept)

Much 'ado' about nothing. An altar call IS an invitation.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#464717 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 7:6
I figured so...your testimony is as much pearls as a pig's eye....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464718 Jul 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
ALTAR CALL… ARE YOU REALLY “SAVED”
“First, we must clarify the question. No one is ever saved "as a result" of an altar call. We are saved only as a result of the GOSPEL. The question, as too often asked, betrays an awful misunderstanding of this most important point. But with that clarification made, we may pass over this question very quickly.
If and when God truly saves a man during the time of public invitation, then we all say "Amen!"
“In all fairness, it is important to observe that the practice was not born in the apostolic church. It is NOT FOUND IN THE MINISTRY OF JESUS, His apostles or even the church of the post-apostolic period. We do see Jesus and the apostles "inviting" men and women to Christ and to be saved, but NEVER by means of this particular method. "Invitations" they give, to be sure! But not altar calls. The altar call is "old fashioned" in only a very relative sense.“
It first AROSE MORE THAN EIGHTEEN CENTURIES
AFTER CHRIST.”
(a made up concept)
~~~

THERE WERE TWO YOUNG LADIES THAT GAVE THEIR HEARTS TO JESUS IN LAST EVENINGS SERVICE...

THEY CAME AT THE PROMPTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT WHEN THEY HEARD THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST..

YOU CAN MAKE LIGHT OF IT IF YOU PLEASE...

But how many have you brought to Jesus..

When you stand before him ...how many will be standing behind you that you have won/brought to the Lord?

How can you win any one to salvation ...when you own standing of eternal life is questionable..

AND YOU ARE PLAYING A BINGO GAME WITH YOUR SOUL>

Location hidden

#464719 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It aint hard to tell where you are headed, people only have to read your posts and the ignorance that you show.
You must not be very proud of this "testimony"....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464720 Jul 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point to discuss something with you when you don't have it? Get saved and we'll talk...
"Get saved and we'll talk..."

What have you done to "get saved" that any faithful Catholic hasn't done?

Location hidden

#464721 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because not a single poster whether Catholic, protestant or other has ever been able to have a meaningful discussion with you since the day you showed up. It's rabbit holes and word games. Have fun.
You can't admit to the truth...its wine they and you are drinking...it is not the blood of Christ!!!!! If it was, there would be no concern about being charged with DUI after drinking it...

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464722 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 7:6
Devil 666

Ha Ha ... he outdid you by two sixes.

:)

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#464723 Jul 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"winning souls"
Good luck with that.
When are you Catholics going to realize that people get to make choices in their belief, it doesn't depend upon someone "winning" anything.
You do realize that no one can "win a soul"?
I think you need to brush up on your metaphoric use of phrases.
Times are a changing, and Star, you are not going to be able to pull the wool over others eyes anymore. Well as long as I am posting in this forum.
The Catholic ies are being revealed - one post at a time - sometimes two or three posts at a time.
That's your opinion. We are Catholic, please respect our beliefs as we do yours. Tks!:)

Fact: Every year millions come into our Church.

Maybe I should have said 'convert many souls' so you can understand better.

Methinks more and more Anglicans will be 'converting.'

Father Patrick Allen, married father of two, leaves Anglicanism to become Catholic priest

So, what do you do for a living?
Allen smiles graciously, sometimes bringing his hand to his chest in a humble gesture, one that coincidentally shows his wedding band.

“This might begin a long conversation,” the James Island father says.

“I’m a Catholic priest.”

When his daughter, Lucy, goes to Charleston Catholic School next year, she will be the only student whose father comes not only for parent conferences and class parties, but also to celebrate Mass.

Ordained a Catholic priest July 7, Allen joins a small but growing group of former Episcopalians embarking on a new journey, one they hope marks a critical step down the long path to Christian unity.
They have embraced a new option in Catholicism that allows Anglicans to become fully Roman Catholic yet retain elements of their liturgical and theological traditions.

Allen is the second Episcopal priest in South Carolina to join the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter, often dubbed the “Anglican ordinariate.”

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2013072...

Quesnel, Canada

#464724 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
People can ask silly questions, huh?
:o)
You ask me a silly question, I'll give you a silly answer.
I wonder if "Clay" has this degree?
I don't know about Clay ... but rumor has it that KayMarie received an A plus in godology. However, it might not be true because rumor has it that KayMarie STARTED the rumor.

Clay

Lawrence, MA

#464725 Jul 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point to discuss something with you when you don't have it? Get saved and we'll talk...
I know the Lord and He knows me. I'm grateful my salvation doesn't hinge on what some guy with a yellow highlighted KJV says about Christianity.

I actually remember the first time a born again fanatic scared me into thinking I ain't saved. He was an ex hippie drug addict. I ran home and told my parents I was going to Hell for being Catholic. My Father went down the street to have a word with him. The guy was already in a wheel chair so my Dad didn't kick his #%*.
He never bothered me and my siblings again though. That was the 80's and the evangelical movement was really getting popular. lol

Location hidden

#464726 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you, I've had to many encounters with the Holy Spirit to count. I fall, I get up and receive Spiritual grace again.
I've said before, when I was 14 I received the Sacrament of Confirmation. It sounds like that's what you guys experience when you're born again. I'm happy for you, your Granddaughter and anyone else who shares in that powerful moment.
You guys would probably do cart wheels up the isle if you partook in the Holy Eucharist. You often discuss your personal testimonies when you became saved. Some of you know the exact date and everything. That's wonderful. But I wouldn't stop there when you have the opportunity to partake in this gift from Christ. Its the Holy Scriptures coming to life. Its digesting the word of God.
I'm always Amazed that Catholics on the other side of the world report the same experiences as me when it comes to the Eucharist. That's not a coincidence.
Horse feathers....ain't never no one been arrested and charged with DUI after drinking blood!!!!

Drinking and Praying: Proposal Could Tip Irish Priests Over Legal Limit

Both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland want to lower the legal blood alcohol level for drivers. Priests are afraid it might affect their ability to motor around after Mass.

Bad Blood: Priests in Ireland are concerned that lowering the legal drinking level for drivers might leave them stranded after Mass.

The job description for a Catholic priest doesn't include a lot of perks -- perhaps one reason that their numbers are shrinking rapidly across the Western world. In Ireland, though, the gig might be further complicated by a new proposal to lower the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers.

Priests there are speaking out against the proposal because it could render them legally drunk after performing Mass.

Location hidden

#464727 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the Lord and He knows me. I'm grateful my salvation doesn't hinge on what some guy with a yellow highlighted KJV says about Christianity.
I actually remember the first time a born again fanatic scared me into thinking I ain't saved. He was an ex hippie drug addict. I ran home and told my parents I was going to Hell for being Catholic. My Father went down the street to have a word with him. The guy was already in a wheel chair so my Dad didn't kick his #%*.
He never bothered me and my siblings again though. That was the 80's and the evangelical movement was really getting popular. lol
Your Salvation????!!!!

When asked to share your testimony on your salvation, this was your reply:I danced around the while the rock band was jamming some Christian toon. Then I walked up and did an alter call.

You know as much about salvation as you do brain surgery!!!!!

Which tells me unless something changes in your spiritual life, you will not be with the sheep for eternity!!!!!

Location hidden

#464728 Jul 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Get saved and we'll talk..."
What have you done to "get saved" that any faithful Catholic hasn't done?
Which brings up the question: What has any faithful Catholic done to be saved????

Quesnel, Canada

#464729 Jul 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Now there's a run-on sentence if I ever saw one!!
:o)
They have to get it all out in one breath as rumor has it that the devil jumps into the body through inhalation. And I heard it from a credible source that once the devil gets lodged the victim might have to resort to calling on the teenage exorcists and hope that their spell is stronger than that of Satan.

It can be quite a tug of war.

Some people have apparently tried to get treatment for Fred Phelps, but the devil said that Fred would win ... hands down!

Quesnel, Canada

#464730 Jul 22, 2013
<>
"winning souls"
Good luck with that.
The Protestants are the same.

They are all certain that the Jewish one and only god can't do without their WORD that only Christians will be allowed in heaven.

According to theological rightness ... Jesus won't be allowed in heaven, as he is a Jew.

Comedians ... one and all!

Quesnel, Canada

#464731 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured so...your testimony is as much pearls as a pig's eye....
Now that's no way to treat a servant of god!

Only KayMarie is allowed that privilege because KayMarie got called direct via the air waves by the god of the Jews.

Quesnel, Canada

#464732 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THERE WERE TWO YOUNG LADIES THAT GAVE THEIR HEARTS TO JESUS IN LAST EVENINGS SERVICE...
Did Jesus tell them that he is as are other heretics he is not allowed in Christian heaven as he is a Jew through and through???

I hope he was honest with them. But then maybe they didn't want to know that part of the story.

Tongue in cheek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 2 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 28 Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web