Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658566 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464695 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever studied the Dead Sea Scrolls? I been listening to a Biblical scholar and expert on these manuscripts.
I think I know why Protestants never talk about this discovery. Its just another piece of evidence that destroys your theology, its best to ignore it like the writings of the first Christians.
and for your info. almost all of the Scrolls are in agreement with the Jewish Masoretic Text and that Text is in agreement with the KJV.

yet none of them mentioned Jesus Christ, so why should you or any other person get worked up over them. I don't.

The Words are written in my Heart, not on some animal skin
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#464696 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what it means by now. This is like the 12th round on this subject.
Lets get straight to the point. You read the Bible and think like Oldg and 4gvn. Preston and Confrint do not agree with you. You're all born again and claim the Holy Spirit guides you to Biblical truth.
Well, the requirements for salvation is a bit of huge deal don't you think. One of yous are hosed for preaching opposite of the will of Jesus Christ.
I say if you're right, then Preston and Confrint will still be ok, because at worst, they would have been 'saved' all along but didn't know it. Its like they are erroring on the side of caution perhaps.
Its not a minor disagreement at all, Chucker. Its very serious.
What we do all believe is repentance and faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. Those are the requirements.

Catholic requirements:
Works
Sacraments
Eucharist
Faith
Baptism

**What happens to a catholic if they only do 3 of the 4?

**I guess if you look at our requirements, Christ did it all at the cross

**You have a lot of work to do Clay...good luck

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464697 Jul 22, 2013
who="Chuck"
When I was confirmed the bishop anoints by using oil to make the sign of the cross on my forehead while saying my confirmation name and said be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit.
When I was born again I repented of sins and received Christ by faith and God gave me the Holy Spirit.

Since you've been through both experiences, you can appreciate the difference.

KM

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#464698 Jul 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
Pope Francis arrives in Brazil.
Stemming LIVE NOW!!
God bless Pope Francis may he win many souls for Christ!!!!!!!
http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live_player.as...
http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live.asp...
"may he win many souls..."

*New Age rolls the dice*

His point is "8".

I hope he doesn't get "snake eyes".....

Good luck Francis!!

;o)

#464699 Jul 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahahaha
We are learning how easy it is to be saved!!!
~~~

To be saved..Born again is easy..BUT ONE SHOULD NOT WAIT AS THIS ONE DID.

~~~

The brother-in-law of A nurse we knew (she has since passed on) died

and she revived him with C.P.R....just long enough for her to lead him

to receive Jesus Christ AS HIS LORD AND SAVIOR

THEN HE WENT ON IN TO ETERNITY.

===>SHE LITERALLY PULLED HIM OUT OF THE FIRE....

Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear,

==> pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

#464700 Jul 22, 2013
who="atemcowboy" the Scrolls contain no Needed information for us to be Saved. and I have known about them for many years, however I am not that familiar with Hebrew that I can read them.
Can You?
we have enough just to know that Jesus died for our Sins.

Isaiah is one of the most revelatory books on salvation. I understand that Isaiah on the Scrolls is just like it is in our Bible.

KM

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464701 Jul 22, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Wonderful!
Grandchildren ...And great

Are God's earthly reward yo is fir hanging around long enough to

Enjoy them.

We usually font have the responsibility of

Raising them but we sure can hug them a lot..

And spoiling them a bit

And if they ask us things that are IFFY. Or over the top

We can say sorry...

Mom and dad are the boss if the house..lol
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#464702 Jul 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was confirmed the bishop anoints by using oil to make the sign of the cross on my forehead while saying my confirmation name and said be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit.
When I was born again I repented of sins and received Christ by faith and God gave me the Holy Spirit.
You're not the first person I know who made the Sacrament of Confirmation and didn't receive what some of us did. It requires some heartfelt participating on the candidate. You were suppose to repent and reject Satan. Did you repent? Did you believe in Christ at that time?
Oh well, for some it takes a detour of drugs and depression before they are ready fully participate.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#464703 Jul 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"may he win many souls..."
*New Age rolls the dice*
His point is "8".
I hope he doesn't get "snake eyes".....
Good luck Francis!!
;o)
In Vegas? Keep rolling, good luck with that.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#464704 Jul 22, 2013
Where is concerned in Brazil??? Are you watching?

Who are all those people greeting the Pope?
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#464705 Jul 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you need to get saved before you can even consider losing it.
Preston and I have agreed long ago to stop talking about it and to this day I will not. What you don't understand is, even though I disagree with Preston on osas, I truly believe he is a born again Christian who loves and serves the Lord with all his heart. Isn't that truly all that matters?
Sorry to burst your bubble Clay but I will not discuss osas.
lol, I wouldn't discuss OSAS either. You're smart by sweeping it under the rug and continue pretending that you born agains are being brought to Biblical truth by the Holy Spirit.

If anything has come from this forum, its that the Holy Spirit is NOT guiding you to truth.

Its also a cowardly act to not discuss OSAS with your breathern. You should be concerned about each others souls. One of yous are likely going to a not-so-good judgement by undoing the will of the Lord.
I'm glad I'm not in the business of privately interpreting sacred scripture and forming my own Christianity.

#464706 Jul 22, 2013
who="atemcowboy" and for your info. almost all of the Scrolls are in agreement with the Jewish Masoretic Text and that Text is in agreement with the KJV.
yet none of them mentioned Jesus Christ, so why should you or any other person get worked up over them. I don't.

Isaiah said that, "a virgin shall be with child." He said that, "By His stripes we ARE healed."

Isn't that enough?

Also interesting that Isaiah said (hundreds of years before Christ's suffering), that "By His stripes we ARE healed." Peter refers to this after the resurrection, saying, "By His stripes, we WERE healed!"

Later John says in Revelations 13:8 " Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (anti-Christ), whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

God's plan for our salvation was laid out "before the world was founded."

KayMarie

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#464707 Jul 22, 2013
Watch and listen to the Pope in your language here....LIVE NOW.

http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live.asp...

Rio De Jeneiro Brazil what a beautiful city!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#464708 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not the first person I know who made the Sacrament of Confirmation and didn't receive what some of us did. It requires some heartfelt participating on the candidate. You were suppose to repent and reject Satan. Did you repent? Did you believe in Christ at that time?
lol...oh you received something alright.

It requires participation on the candidate. Yes I know Clay, that is why I'm a born again Christian and no longer a catholic. To receive salvation and the Holy Spirit, Christ has done it all for me.

You have salvation from the faith of your parents and the Holy Spirit from the bishop....not biblical but I have a feeling you'll say it is.

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#464709 Jul 22, 2013
ALTAR CALL… ARE YOU REALLY “SAVED”
“First, we must clarify the question. No one is ever saved "as a result" of an altar call. We are saved only as a result of the GOSPEL. The question, as too often asked, betrays an awful misunderstanding of this most important point. But with that clarification made, we may pass over this question very quickly.
If and when God truly saves a man during the time of public invitation, then we all say "Amen!"

“In all fairness, it is important to observe that the practice was not born in the apostolic church. It is NOT FOUND IN THE MINISTRY OF JESUS, His apostles or even the church of the post-apostolic period. We do see Jesus and the apostles "inviting" men and women to Christ and to be saved, but NEVER by means of this particular method. "Invitations" they give, to be sure! But not altar calls. The altar call is "old fashioned" in only a very relative sense.“

It first AROSE MORE THAN EIGHTEEN CENTURIES

AFTER CHRIST.”
(a made up concept)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#464710 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I wouldn't discuss OSAS either. You're smart by sweeping it under the rug and continue pretending that you born agains are being brought to Biblical truth by the Holy Spirit.
If anything has come from this forum, its that the Holy Spirit is NOT guiding you to truth.
Its also a cowardly act to not discuss OSAS with your breathern. You should be concerned about each others souls. One of yous are likely going to a not-so-good judgement by undoing the will of the Lord.
I'm glad I'm not in the business of privately interpreting sacred scripture and forming my own Christianity.
What is the point to discuss something with you when you don't have it? Get saved and we'll talk...
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#464711 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and for your info. almost all of the Scrolls are in agreement with the Jewish Masoretic Text and that Text is in agreement with the KJV.
No the Scrolls are not in agreement with the KJV. That's my point. Protestants claim the Jews had an agreement on Biblical canon around the time of Christ. And that canon is what is in the KJV. But that is false. Luther never revealed this to the reformers.
The Jewish canon of scripture came after Christianity. A very devout sect of Jews ( the Qumranites) most certainly had Tobit and Sirach in their canon. Also, the writings of this group - being that they were written around the time of the Apostles (who were Jews too) sheds some light on the language and culture and writing habits of Jews during that time period.
So, when Christ says to search the scriptures, He doesn't specify what set of scriptures, right? This poses a problem for Bible alone people, because you may not have the right amount. You teach that praying for the dead is wrong. Scriptures around the time of Christ says its not.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#464712 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>thanks LTM< I posted her testimony hoping that others would get a blessing from a young girl not even a teenager(isn't she cute with her braces). it takes a lot for young children to have a testimony for the Lord and realize that they too, need Him in their lifes. she was using a mobile phone which might not even have Caps, I don't know. one thing that I do know is she wants to go to Church with me every time the doors open. when I was going to Preach a couple of weeks ago. she was ready hours before church.
I think it is wonderful Preston and truly a Blessing to hear about her faith in God.
My 2 grandsons James and William when they were very young maybe 0ne 5 the another was a year older, we were holding hands and singing songs to God. James started to laugh and shake like he had a chill he was like that all night.
William told me God was tickling him all the time, this little boy has C.P. he died, once in a seizer, when referring to Jesus he called Him "MY JESUS." He would stand something he was unable to do before that, open his arms and head up and stand erect looking up to heaven, I believe He saw Jesus when He was died for that short time.
Today James closes his eyes and says grace at every meal weather he is alone or sitting at a full table to eat.
He may not do everything that I approve of, but I thank God every day for their faith and love for Him.
When I see things going a stray I sit and talk to them about what I am concerned with.
The world today for children is very bad and a lot of peer pressers
He just turned 21, William is 20.
"HE WHO STARTED A GOOD WORKS IN US WILL BRING IT TO COMPLISHIAN"

Your grandchildren are beautiful, wonderful smile even with braces.
LOL

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#464713 Jul 22, 2013
God bless Pope Francis, servant of Christ. Meeting with President of Brazil.

Our 2nd reading at MASS yesterday.

Colossians 1: 24 - 28
24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of HIS BODY, THAT IS, THE CHURCH,
25 of which I became a minister according to the divine office which was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known,
26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now made manifest to his saints.
27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
28 Him we proclaim, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man mature in Christ.

LIVE NOW
http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/live_player.as...

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#464714 Jul 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
In Vegas? Keep rolling, good luck with that.
"winning souls"

Good luck with that.

When are you Catholics going to realize that people get to make choices in their belief, it doesn't depend upon someone "winning" anything.

You do realize that no one can "win a soul"?

I think you need to brush up on your metaphoric use of phrases.

Times are a changing, and Star, you are not going to be able to pull the wool over others eyes anymore. Well as long as I am posting in this forum.

The Catholic ies are being revealed - one post at a time - sometimes two or three posts at a time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sun Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sun Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web