Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,408)

Showing posts 448,141 - 448,160 of532,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the Bible tell us Ananias and Sapphira were believers. Just wondering.
one thing that we do know about them and it stands true today.

ONE LIE WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF HEAVEN.

WE NEED NOT KNOW MORE THAN THAT.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true....Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." The Quotable Einstein

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you ddidnt ask this question of me but I can answer it very easily.
If the Holy Spiit is leading a person to repent, then the answer is yes.
Now Yesterday, I spoke of a man who had been spoke to by the Holy Spirit and he refused the call to Come.
and yet I said that he had got Saved just before he died.
was he again wooed by the Spirit? I don't think so. I believe(and this is only my opinion) that he had to come forward on his own, with Faith believing. For the Bible says, that without Faith, it is impossible to Please God.
It had been over 40 year(I think) since God had first spoke to him, and the Bible says that it is not His will that any should perish but that ALL come to repentance. I do believe that this would have been his last chance since he died right after that, and thru me, the Spirit spoke to him telling him that God loved him
Thanks I believe you ..if the SPIRIT is calling you..sticking your conscience ..making you know how wrong And saddening you ..it is still.

Up to you to seek reconciliation..it won't be forCED on you..

I agree.

So if a person willfully sins ..he is NOT closing the door on salvation.

As Hebrews6 would sound like it means..

Or else no Christian can ever ever sin and REPENT.

And that made no sense because many return ...

For what its worth..I think.immature Christians make the error if feeling in their happiness after being saved that they are not going to suffer the same temptation they had before.

IMO thus makes them prime targets for the evil one ...especially if they gave been saved after much sin.

Or he can go after those close to them who may not be saved saved in order to try to take away their immature Faith??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the Bible tell us Ananias and Sapphira were believers. Just wondering.
the 4th chapter is a pretty good reference point.

31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

so since this last verse indicates that they along with Barnabas sold their property, and brought proceeds to Peter, that is a pretty good indicator that Yes, they were Believers, and when the came in , Peter Blamed Satan for entering into their heart.

but this is a free world, believe what you want.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you ddidnt ask this question of me but I can answer it very easily.
If the Holy Spiit is leading a person to repent, then the answer is yes.
Now Yesterday, I spoke of a man who had been spoke to by the Holy Spirit and he refused the call to Come.
and yet I said that he had got Saved just before he died.
was he again wooed by the Spirit? I don't think so. I believe(and this is only my opinion) that he had to come forward on his own, with Faith believing. For the Bible says, that without Faith, it is impossible to Please God.
It had been over 40 year(I think) since God had first spoke to him, and the Bible says that it is not His will that any should perish but that ALL come to repentance. I do believe that this would have been his last chance since he died right after that, and thru me, the Spirit spoke to him telling him that God loved him
Forgot to ask ..had he been saved BEFore ...And then went away

Or had he never answered the call at all.

He must have been looking since you found him at Church to give him that last chance...

Thankfully he said yes..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He must have been looking since you found him at Church to give him that last chance...
Thankfully he said yes..
no, He refused God many years before.

He started coming to that church, first because his wife went there and last because my cousin Pastored and he was related to us, and Jim kept visiting him and he began to come. sat in the last pew and never said a word.

In our churches, we don't like to see people go back and try and influence people into going to the Altar, but if God is directing us, it will work out in Salvation.

I wasn't there when he went forward the next week, but that doesn't matter, He was Saved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

I will put a name on that man. his last name was Blakeman.

My maternal Grandmothers maiden name was Blakeman.

and that was the connection between him and Jim the Pastor, and of course myself.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no, He refused God many years before.
Poor Allah. His feelings must have been SO hurt!

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should ask Allah. But I suggest you catch him ONLY when he's a good mood.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a person willfully sins ..he is NOT closing the door on salvation.
Mmmmmmmm ... so does that mean I can willfully go and bop a preacher (that tells me I'm going to hell) on the head with a sledge hammer, and god won't penalize me? Or does it mean that only another Christian that is saved can get away with such a will-filled call to action?

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
I will put a name on that man. his last name was Blakeman.
My maternal Grandmothers maiden name was Blakeman.
and that was the connection between him and Jim the Pastor, and of course myself.
And I am sure Blakeman is,now dancing and thanking God for your obedience ..Lol

And I bet you are counting the days. On your Son

God speed him on his journey!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you have a point ... but Muhammad Ali and mother Teresa both believed there was only one god. So it must have been just a matter of which fighter god was supporting at which time.
Good One, June LOL

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmmmmmm ... so does that mean I can willfully go and bop a preacher (that tells me I'm going to hell) on the head with a sledge hammer, and god won't penalize me? Or does it mean that only another Christian that is saved can get away with such a will-filled call to action?
No

However should you do that you wouldn't go to jail.

Sometime before You die. In your cell...You. open your heart

And find salvation ..not just LIP SERVYCE.....You may indeed wind job with Jesus...And if that ever happens. EHAT a great testimony to God's mercy..
And patience!!!!!

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

....would go to jail

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No
However should you do that you wouldn't go to jail.
Sometime before You die. In your cell...You. open your heart
And find salvation ..not just LIP SERVYCE.....You may indeed wind job with Jesus...And if that ever happens. EHAT a great testimony to God's mercy..
And patience!!!!!
But you can only find salvation if you believe in Judaism, as the Jews had the first dibs on the one and only god. Catholics tried to steal his affections, but rumor has it that the god out-smarted the Catholics, and still favors ONLY the Jews as his chosen few.

Theology is fickle, as it depends on who is telling the story about the one and only god loving them and ONLY them.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you make of this data?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
From the book “Weather Lore,” Reader’s Digest, Published 2007, comes the following…
Floods
Almost 5000 years ago, some scientists believe, a large asteroid or comet crashed into the Indian Ocean, producing a tsunami about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Southeast Asia in December 2004. That almost every culture throughout history has had a flood myth, of which Noah and the Ark is the most famous in the Western world, demonstrates the fear and awe that floods inspire in human consciousness.
It suggests that there was such an instance, but it was only one of many...none of which covered the earth to a depth that destroyed all civilization. The story is a religious elaboration based on "some" truth...then again, so are most hoaxes and cons.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Good One, June LOL
Thanks.

Maybe one day this one and only god will put a Jew, a Catholic, a Muslim and a Protestant into a boxing ring, and tell them to go at it until the last one that is standing will be the winner of who the one and only god loves ... period.

I would pay big money for a ring-side seat to watch THAT fight.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world... The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old conception of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes... In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vase power in the hands of priests." Albert Einstein, reported in Science, Philosophy and Religion: A Symposium, edited by L. Bryson and
That does not answer my question:

What is the date of:
ALBERT EINSTEIN AND GOD
Here is the full quote, taken directly from a publication by Princeton University:
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University, page 214

What is that yellow stuff on your face.....egg????

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

If theologians way back when had taught that the gods loved everybody ... without putting any conditions on the love ... people would have had no reason to divide into different religions, as religion would all be one.

There would be no need for competing about who was loved ... as everybody would have equal shares of the love.

Wouldn't that have been a better plan?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not answer my question:
What is the date of:
ALBERT EINSTEIN AND GOD
Here is the full quote, taken directly from a publication by Princeton University:
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University, page 214
What is that yellow stuff on your face.....egg????
It's your post ... it's up to you to post a date.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything "chosen" about them.

Albert Einstein, in a letter responding to philosopher Eric Gutkind, who had sent him a copy of his book Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt; quoted from James Randerson, "Childish Superstition: Einstein's Letter Makes View of Religion Relatively Clear: Scientist's Reply to Sell for up to £8,000, and Stoke Debate over His Beliefs" The Guardian,(13 May 2008)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 448,141 - 448,160 of532,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Married in 8,118
More 17 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 22 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••