Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,222
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#464338 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't be kind without a belief in a god, that doesn't say much for you.
And don't forget that your all and all "god" according to scripture created evil! And that doesn't say much for him either.
Theology is plain silly.
Get back to me when you found my quote, eh, June?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464339 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that myofascial release works but due to the hernia s you may need special attention ..it seems you may have a lot of scar tissue and that can really mess up your insides. It's not just the outer scars. But they show where the deep scars are..
Even if your SURGERY is all laparoscopic ..if you have the type of body that forms scars it can still play havoc with your insides.
Will pray you find the right surgeon ..
If you lived in Fla ..I could suggest a good one :(
On another note.
Do you BELUEVE a Saved person can fall away..sin..And the SPIRIT will call them to repentance ..And they can be reconciled??
It's a discussion we have been on today
And a poster. HAS said that Hebrews 6 4-6 says we cannot willfully sin and still be covered by the shed blood of our Lord.
That we have e crucified Him again..
Then how to explain a definite call You are feeling ..I believe from the Spirit to return.
Dies nit GOD also BREAK those who are His sAved to make them rich t with Him
So u of like your input
Thanks Roseesz I consider Pad a friend

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#464340 Jul 21, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gif, i can understand where there are people walking around who will never be saved, this verse comes to mind; Lev 27:29 No person specially set apart for destruction may be bought back. Such a person must be put to death.
But your not talking about those right? Your talking about a person who has been called to repentance and repented and receieved Jesus as their Saviour, correct?
Marge

I have been researching on those verses. HEB 6

Hit a couple ..there are a few you can look up ..But so far these are enlightening

http://gracethrufaith.com/selah/falling-away-...

And this gives,another view,of exactly the audience the writer was addressing..it from the Orthodox standpoibt

http://oca.org/questions/scripture/hebrews-64...

They BELUEVE differently than we do but part of it addressed the question we have e
Pad

Rockford, IL

#464341 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
From my perception, Mother Teresa saw the stupidity in her Catholic religion ... but she stuck to it because she was taught that to leave it was to burn in hell ... and she took that as very serious stuff indeed.
Imagine how hopeless she felt among those in India who outnumbered her and refused to become Catholics. She must have been completely overwhelmed in the idea that she couldn't save them from eternal hell even though that is what god expected of her.
Religion is wretched BUNK!
All Christians see the flaws in their particular persuasion,and they often experience rubbing shoulders with people within their organization who are beligerrant and so on.I highly doubt from the years I have read her books,and seen films about her work,that Mother Teresa feared the wrath of God if she disagreed with her organization. It is unthinkable that Mother Teresa would have left her mission in India,as she started it,and it was very successful in helping so many who were terribly poor and afflicted.

There is nothing about the woman that critics within the church and without could ever prove,being that the work Mother did, initiated the most positive of results.The mistakes that might have occurred,or the people who may have mis-represented the work could not tear down what was greatly accomplished.Every Christian no matter what affiliation respected Mother Teresa,and deeply loved her work with the poorest of the poor,the lowest caste in India.God will determine who will be saved,it is not our place to judge that ministry,or to demean the fact that she might not have influenced MANY to convert to Christ.

There have been Christian missionaries who worked whole lifetimes in countries hostile to the Christian message,that never saw the results of their labor.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#464342 Jul 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Roseesz I consider Pad a friend
And I found an interesting answer on Hebrews,6. On an Orthodox site!!!!

Really hope he gets,some relief ..Pad
Pad

Rockford, IL

#464343 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KbqT1gmCg7IXX
:)
Life according to GC,he is dead? Well than he has joined billions of others who have experienced the same,someday though he will meet the ONE he scoffed so much with his entertaining comedy and typical anti-God opinions.As if George Carlin was uniquely different from all the rest of the scoffers in this world? Sorry,June he was not.Should I say may he rest in peace?
Pad

Rockford, IL

#464344 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't be kind without a belief in a god, that doesn't say much for you.
And don't forget that your all and all "god" according to scripture created evil! And that doesn't say much for him either.
Theology is plain silly.
There is nothing hidden from His sight,nothing we do whether evil or good escapes His notice.What is silly is that you believe June in the BIG BANG theory,or better yet POP goes the Weasel!

Location hidden

#464345 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I found an interesting answer on Hebrews,6. On an Orthodox site!!!!
Really hope he gets,some relief ..Pad
----------
Got it. Thanx much. As an aside I also believe that believe that someone outside the Ortho Church can be Born Again and Saved.There are basically 3 different ways the Ortho Church looks at this.Why 3? Cause the Ortho Church does not presume to know God's mind.Some will say yes . Some will say no.

Where I most likely differ from the Church is that believe that someone can be in the Ortho Church and not Born Again.The Ortho Church is not about making dogma and rules and following them. It is about union with God. It is about that relationship with Christ. You can attend every service and follow every rule and come on Topix and attack anyone that disagrees and not be Born Again. his occurs in the heart.I can cite Fathers whose writing would state the goal of the Church is spiritual- spiritual life- being in a relationship with Christ.

As you can see I am comfortable sharing what I believe in my heart. I share this with my priest as well.I love and respect my Church. It is not dictatorial.Neither does it indoctrinate.In history it had a large part in defining the faith,, such as Who was Christ, etc. But it was spiritual enough to know it could never define precisely God or Godf's ways. It guides you to a place- from there you must reach out to God with the heart. This goes beyond words.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464346 Jul 21, 2013
ALBERT EINSTEIN AND GOD

Here is the full quote, taken directly from a publication by Princeton University:

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University, page 214
marge

Ames, IA

#464348 Jul 21, 2013
A Christian is a new creation.“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”(2 Corinthians 5:17). This verse speaks of a person becoming an entirely new creature as a result of being “in Christ.” For a Christian to lose salvation, the new creation would have to be canceled and reversed.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-lose-sa...
marge

Ames, IA

#464349 Jul 21, 2013
A Christian is redeemed.“For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect”(1 Peter 1:18-19). The word “redeemed” refers to a purchase being made, a price being paid. For a Christian to lose salvation, God Himself would have to revoke His purchase that He paid for with the precious blood of Christ.

marge

Ames, IA

#464350 Jul 21, 2013
A Christian is justified.“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ”(Romans 5:1). To “justify” means to “declare righteous.” All those who receive Jesus as Savior are “declared righteous” by God. For a Christian to lose salvation, God would have to go back on His Word and “un-declare” what He had previously declared.

marge

Ames, IA

#464351 Jul 21, 2013
A Christian is promised eternal life.“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”(John 3:16). Eternal life is a promise of eternity (forever) in heaven with God. God promises,“Believe and you will have eternal life.” For a Christian to lose salvation, eternal life would have to be taken away. If a Christian is promised to live forever, how then can God break this promise by taking away eternal life?

marge

Ames, IA

#464352 Jul 21, 2013
A Christian is guaranteed glorification.“And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified”(Romans 8:30). As we learned in Romans 5:1, justification is declared at the moment of faith. According to Romans 8:30, glorification is guaranteed for all those whom God justifies. Glorification refers to a Christian receiving a perfect resurrection body in heaven. If a Christian can lose salvation, then Romans 8:30 is in error, because God could not guarantee glorification for all those whom He predestines, calls, and justifies.

Location hidden

#464353 Jul 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
ALBERT EINSTEIN AND GOD
Here is the full quote, taken directly from a publication by Princeton University:
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University, page 214
Great Quote Thanx Ox
Pad

Rockford, IL

#464354 Jul 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Roseesz I consider Pad a friend
I'm glad i saw this post,it includes what RoSeze said to me in regards to my future surgery.That is true about the scar tissue,and I already had one operation because of the scar tissue strangling my bowel.My surgeon seems to be pretty skilled in dealing with the situation,after though I might want to ask more questions on how to deal with the abdominal problems I have and future surgeries(a real nightmare).

I will use this space to answer Ro's question about OSAS. I find that topic very hard to give a yes or no answer to as it were.GRACE is a very powerful truth to the believer,or it should be.What is important is that we realize that outside of the Cross on which our Savior died,and His plan of salvation there is nothing that can be added to that.He said "It is Finished".That tells me that He P a i d the full price for all sin and for future generations.2,000 years of sins by humanity is more than we could ever add up,so only the PERSON of Christ who sacrificed His All,can fathom the depths of what He accomplished on the Cross.

I believe that the Garden of Gethsemane also must be taken into account,as He was faced with the reality of what He would face for our sins,IN the SWEAT,Drops of Blood.The Agony in the garden was not just Jesus dreading facing the Cross,but also knowing the extent of human degredation through the Nature of Sin.

Jesus being the Lamb of God is so final and so powerful,all of any human effort to cleanse ones conscience or do works that would appease God is F U T I L E!It is a disservice to what Christ accomplished when we do not freely receive His grace,that is without merit or something which we ourselves must do to reconcile before a Righteous Father.No sacrifice made by human hands can suffice to appeal to God the Father,when HE in fact gave His only Son as a Ransom.

To continue to sin after receiving Christ is something we all struggle with,no exceptions.The view that God is quick to condemn us and judge our souls to hell is ridiculous in regards to the Christian struggle with sin post receiving Christ.For if a person truly receives Christ he or she experiences the Holy Spirit who convicts us of sin.If a person ignores the Holy Spirit,he or she is basically telling the Father that His Son's death meant nothing,and that work of grace was useless.So if individuals continue to sin and live according to their own fallen state,and ignore Christ,than what kind of salvation did they experience?

Nothing that Christ has done for us is powerless,nor is His grace cheap.BUT,we who come to Christ, have to evaluate what happened to us when we embraced the crucified Savior who washed away our sins with His precious Blood.If the person ignores the Grace of Christ,and believes he or she is saved by any effort of their doing,they do not know the extent of grace,or what Christ accomplished on the Cross for them.That is a concern as to what believers are taught in the so called churches or organizations.But what Christ did is final,and complete.Our salvation is complete in Him,only because HE did it.No "man can come to the Father except by Jesus the Son"His sacrifice paid the full price,and we are called to receive and BELIEVE,and to walk in the Spirit. Sin we will,but to ignore Christ and to live in the bounds of sin destroys the witness of what the Spirit has done.

We have an ADVOCATE with the Father in the Son,REPENTANCE is required when sinning post receiving that Saving Grace.Continually!
marge

Ames, IA

#464355 Jul 21, 2013
Many more illustrations of what occurs at salvation could be shared. Even these few make it abundantly clear that a Christian cannot lose salvation. Most, if not all, of what the Bible says happens to us when we receive Jesus Christ as Savior would be invalidated if salvation could be lost. Salvation cannot be reversed. A Christian cannot be un-newly created. Redemption cannot be undone. Eternal life cannot be lost and still be considered eternal. If a Christian can lose salvation, God would have to go back on His Word and change His mind—two things that Scripture tells us God never does.

The most frequent objections to the belief that a Christian cannot lose salvation are 1) What about those who are Christians and continually live an immoral lifestyle? 2) What about those who are Christians but later reject the faith and deny Christ? The problem with these two objections is the phrase “who are Christians.” The Bible declares that a true Christian will not live a continually immoral lifestyle (1 John 3:6). The Bible declares that anyone who departs the faith is demonstrating that he never truly was a Christian (1 John 2:19). Therefore, neither objection is valid. Christians do not continually live immoral lifestyles, nor do they reject the faith and deny Christ. Such actions are proof that they were never redeemed.

marge

Ames, IA

#464356 Jul 21, 2013
No, a Christian cannot lose salvation. Nothing can separate a Christian from God’s love (Romans 8:38-39). Nothing can remove a Christian from God’s hand (John 10:28-29). God is both willing and able to guarantee and maintain the salvation He has given us. Jude 24-25,“To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.”

marge

Ames, IA

#464357 Jul 21, 2013
Question: "Does Hebrews 6:4-6 mean we can lose our salvation?"

Answer: Hebrews 6:4-6 states,“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.” This is one of the Bible’s most difficult passages to interpret, but one thing is clear—it does not teach that we can lose our salvation. There are two valid ways of looking at these verses:

One interpretation holds that this passage is written not about Christians but about unbelievers who are convinced of the basic truths of the gospel but who have not placed their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. They are intellectually persuaded but spiritually uncommitted.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-6.html#ix...

cont.
marge

Ames, IA

#464358 Jul 21, 2013
According to this interpretation, the phrase “once enlightened”(verse 4) refers to some level of instruction in biblical truth. However, understanding the words of scripture is not the same as being regenerated by the Holy Spirit. For example, John 1:9 describes Jesus, the “true Light,” giving light “to every man”; but this cannot mean the light of salvation, because not every man is saved. Through God’s sovereign power, every man has enough light to be held responsible. This light either leads to the complete acceptance of Jesus Christ or produces condemnation in those who reject such light. The people described in Hebrews 6:4-6 are of the latter group—unbelievers who have been exposed to God’s redemptive truth and perhaps have made a profession of faith, but have not exercised genuine saving faith.

This interpretation also sees the phrase “tasted the heavenly gift”(Hebrews 6:9) as referring to a momentary experience, akin to Jesus’“tasting” death (Hebrews 2:9). This brief experience with the heavenly gift is not seen as equivalent to salvation; rather, it is likened to the second and third soils in Jesus’ parable (Matthew 13:3-23), which describes people who receive the truth of the gospel but are not truly saved.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-6.html#ix...

cont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Mr SIr 8,506
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 6 hr Miss New Thing 3
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE