Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687275 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464480 Jul 22, 2013
nobody care no

it is written

righteousness people is abuse accuse and prosecuted many killed.
it is written

you not make me happy..
its finish

you can be happy with your masters which you call god but not me

How many masters you have?
How many lords and gods?

it is written

don't asked nothing from me..

i am always some never change

evil is always evil
i don't believe in that..
no

nk

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464481 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were in deep sorrow....deeply grieving over the lost of my child, and your best shot to comfort me is "God knows the future"....
you best be at least ten feet away from me...because your words tell me you are as phony as a three dollar bill...
You are a fool if you follow the teaching of paw-paw, whom says God is not God Almighty... He is only God!!!!!
no one has EVER said that to you and you know it, QUIT YOUR FOLISHNESS
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#464482 Jul 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
To refer to God as god tells it all....
What does it tell Oxbow???
I think your dislike for Preston has made you take your anger out on this young girl, who poured out her heart on F.B.
I have printed god instead of "God" a few times on here.
It sure wasn't for a lack of respect to my God.
The stupid stuff that catches in our crawl, that takes away from our testimony for God, is what shows disrespect to the Lord.
This is the stuff that keeps the devil laughing at us.
It makes our salvation about us and our works and not the works of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We all need to start working out our own salvation with fear and trembling, some things just come with maturity in our Christian walk.
what happened to greet each our with a Holy Kiss or kind words.
Romans 16: Romans 16 >>
King James Bible
----------
Personal Greetings and Love
1I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
3Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: 4Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. 5Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ. 6Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us. 7Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me. 8Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord. 9Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved. 10Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' household. 11Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of Narcissus, which are in the Lord. 12Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord. 13Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine. 14Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren which are with them. 15Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them. 16Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
Avoid Divisions
17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. 19For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. 20And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Or how about 2 Cor 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.

13 All the saints salute you.

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464483 Jul 22, 2013
remember
even God foolishness is bigger then any smart master..

tears

Jesus not forget tears me too..
nk
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464484 Jul 22, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>What?
L o l sorry

I even forgot what I meant

A very famous person comes from the city it says you come from :)

Just wondering if you knew him or his family

Now that sounds silly..

I have no idea how big your city is.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464485 Jul 22, 2013
Before end come deceiver liked deceive entire world.
Its not real Creator!
no

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464486 Jul 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it tell Oxbow???
I think your dislike for Preston has made you take your anger out on this young girl, who poured out her heart on F.B.
I have printed god instead of "God" a few times on here.
It sure wasn't for a lack of respect to my God.
The stupid stuff that catches in our crawl, that takes away from our testimony for God, is what shows disrespect to the Lord.
This is the stuff that keeps the devil laughing at us.
It makes our salvation about us and our works and not the works of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We all need to start working out our own salvation with fear and trembling, some things just come with maturity in our Christian walk.
what happened to greet each our with a Holy Kiss or kind words.
Romans 16: Romans 16 >>
King James Bible
----------
Personal Greetings and Love
1I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
3Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: 4Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. 5Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ. 6Greet Mary, who bestowed much labour on us. 7Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me. 8Greet Amplias my beloved in the Lord. 9Salute Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my beloved. 10Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' household. 11Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of Narcissus, which are in the Lord. 12Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord. 13Salute Rufus chosen in the Lord, and his mother and mine. 14Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren which are with them. 15Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them. 16Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
Avoid Divisions
17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. 19For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. 20And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Or how about 2 Cor 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.
13 All the saints salute you.
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
thanks LTM< I posted her testimony hoping that others would get a blessing from a young girl not even a teenager(isn't she cute with her braces). it takes a lot for young children to have a testimony for the Lord and realize that they too, need Him in their lifes. she was using a mobile phone which might not even have Caps, I don't know. one thing that I do know is she wants to go to Church with me every time the doors open. when I was going to Preach a couple of weeks ago. she was ready hours before church.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#464487 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think after years of fighting about it on this forum, we should all just walk in the light that we are given.
if you cant understand that OSAS might not be Biblical, then just leave it alone.and vice versa.
I don't believe OSAS is a minor disagreement amongst you guys. Its not productive to sweep it under the rug. I respect you for addressing this important doctrine. You simply can not have part of you guys preaching the will of Jesus Christ and some of you NOT preaching the will of Christ.
One side is clearly going to be held into account for being a false teacher.
I believe many people are duped into a false sense of security. They were told they are saved because they believe in Jesus Christ. I think the fruits of this false doctrine is evident in our society today.
I don't understand why two born again evangelicals come to opposite conclusions on this.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464488 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
i WILL DISCUSS THE PRODIGAL SON..LATER
i AM OFF TO CHURCH FOR NOW...
G.I.F.
The parable about the prodigal son is about the return of Israel...

It is used many times in reference to one that has strayed from the
presence of God..

The Prodigal son Israel ...went to a far country....

Took his inheritance and squandered it.

Found himself...

eating the husk the pigs were feeding upon..

Came to himself...

made a decision to return to the fathers house

He Was given a robe...

shoes for his feet....

a ring upon his finger and

a celebration (a feast) upon his
return..

His older Brother ( the gentile Church ) became angry because of His
return....

But

the father restored Him..to fellowship.

Please note

In no place does Jesus say that he received again his original
inheritance...

(But for the eternal covenant God made with Abraham,
Israel would have no inheritance..)

Israel's inheritance will be restored by/through the Blood of Jesus.

.....as ours ..(the believers in Jesus Christ is.)...

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were
far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the
enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to
make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross,

having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached

peace

to you which were afar off, and

to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For

through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464489 Jul 22, 2013
civilization before exist much more stronger then your 2000 years before..
lucifer is some..yep

all angels and demons will fall

i am not care for that testimony
for me its not worthy nothing
not at all

i am as i am always some my no is some as others yes..

yeppppppppppppppppp

by
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464490 Jul 22, 2013
you sold your soul not meee
its your master

not mine
noooooooo
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464491 Jul 22, 2013
lucifer change 2-3x eden..yeppppppppppppp

restore what and whereeeeeeeeeeee

i am not care what you say..no

Where is first perfection?..yes

you are not there..someone can grab that
yes
why not
then you are scare don't you..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464492 Jul 22, 2013
please tell me
whats deference between
-to be naive or inat= angry but correct zillion/zillion

#464493 Jul 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe OSAS is a minor disagreement amongst you guys. Its not productive to sweep it under the rug. I respect you for addressing this important doctrine. You simply can not have part of you guys preaching the will of Jesus Christ and some of you NOT preaching the will of Christ.
One side is clearly going to be held into account for being a false teacher.
I believe many people are duped into a false sense of security. They were told they are saved because they believe in Jesus Christ. I think the fruits of this false doctrine is evident in our society today.
I don't understand why two born again evangelicals come to opposite conclusions on this.
~~~

I believe in conditional eternal security...

The Bible says...

1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Commentary Geneva Bible dated 1599
1 John 3:3
(4) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even (e) as he is pure.

(4) Now he describes this adoption (the glory which as yet consists in hope) by the effect that is, because whoever is made the Son of God, endeavours to resemble the Father in purity.

(e) This word signifies a likeness, but not an equality.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464494 Jul 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
my granddaughters testimony on facebook.
A month ago i re-entered church and asked god to be apart of my life,Not because he had given up on me but because i had given up living my life for him. I thought this experience would be a breeze but its been one of the roughest rides ive been on. This past week has been filled with nothing but heart break,And it threw me off in the beginning but its opened my eyes to many things. I see how this life is short and im completely done with thinking were guaranteed tomorrow.I have a wonderful life and some pretty special people in it and its time to start appreciating it more! feeling blessed.
Well GOD bless that child

Had she been saved when she was younger and then left and came back???
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464495 Jul 22, 2013
av av my barking is better..
how you call that
language
its not mean av
aeiou

Not to much find out who and how when and where as well what?
no
if i am angry i have reason
observer

Rolling Meadows, IL

#464496 Jul 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
The parable about the prodigal son is about the return of Israel...
It is used many times in reference to one that has strayed from the
presence of God..
The Prodigal son Israel ...went to a far country....
Took his inheritance and squandered it.
Found himself...
eating the husk the pigs were feeding upon..
Came to himself...
made a decision to return to the fathers house
He Was given a robe...
shoes for his feet....
a ring upon his finger and
a celebration (a feast) upon his
return..
His older Brother ( the gentile Church ) became angry because of His
return....
But
the father restored Him..to fellowship.
Please note
In no place does Jesus say that he received again his original
inheritance...
(But for the eternal covenant God made with Abraham,
Israel would have no inheritance..)
Israel's inheritance will be restored by/through the Blood of Jesus.
.....as ours ..(the believers in Jesus Christ is.)...
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were
far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the
enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to
make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached
peace
to you which were afar off, and
to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For
through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Did you know w double blind study was done in a controlled enviroment and they concluded that fifty people praying to a half empty milk jug had the same results as the other fifty praying to their invisibl god.Its all about fifty fifty.FYI.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#464497 Jul 22, 2013
Jesus say
o you scribe pharisee vipers wolfs this and that..

yep

Why i am wrong?

#464498 Jul 22, 2013
observer wrote:
<quoted text> Did you know w double blind study was done in a controlled enviroment and they concluded that fifty people praying to a half empty milk jug had the same results as the other fifty praying to their invisibl god.Its all about fifty fifty.FYI.
~~~

Sorry

I see no relevance to the subject... in what you have posted....
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464499 Jul 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>It suggests that there was such an instance, but it was only one of many...none of which covered the earth to a depth that destroyed all civilization. The story is a religious elaboration based on "some" truth...then again, so are most hoaxes and cons.
Thanks, and I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web