Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675528 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#464397 Jul 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I know that on this forum, many of us have come to know you and Nick and we are very pleased that you have joined our sometime dysfunctional family.
I am looking forward til the time that we three go out on the road to our day in the sun with our comedy act.If we can find a driver that is.
Oh you remembered! yes we are still planning that comedy tour.I can drive.We need to get Nico out of the house!

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464398 Jul 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<There is nothing about the woman that critics within the church and without could ever prove,being that the work Mother did, initiated the most positive of results.
Such B.S. She admitted on video that she was building convents to train more nuns to be saints for "god."

That money was meant to feed the poor, and those babies, children and adults were starving to death in her "care" as she preached that suffering was the kiss of Jesus.

When she was dying she had the best of care in a hospital.

I used to admire her, until I realized that she it was all about serving her religion and not the poor people that surrounded her and died on a daily basis.

"Mother" also thought very HIGHLY of her self, as she took on the title of "Superior General."

Quesnel, Canada

#464399 Jul 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Life according to GC,he is dead? Well than he has joined billions of others who have experienced the same,someday though he will meet the ONE he scoffed so much with his entertaining comedy and typical anti-God opinions.As if George Carlin was uniquely different from all the rest of the scoffers in this world? Sorry,June he was not.Should I say may he rest in peace?
I hope if there is an afterlife that George Carlin is being rewarded for exposing the lies in religion, and that he and the goddess are having a high time reminiscing about the stupidity of preachers that thought they knew truth yet could never agree.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#464400 Jul 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing hidden from His sight
HER sight!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464401 Jul 21, 2013
For those "called of God" that do not believe that God, and God the Father Almighty, are the same God:

The Apostles’ Creed (in part)

"I Believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464402 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be in the same religious cult. Otherwise my guess is, on a forum, you would not believe Pad to be a "friend."
We go back. We were both Musketeers in the old Mickey Mouse TV show. He stole Annette from me but I forgave him for it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#464403 Jul 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am not confuting Scripture here,but the reality is Marge,many who are redeemed have fallen away and are living lives outside of the Arch of safety which is hidden in Christ.I vannot tell you how many individuals I have met over the years who fit that description.I am not saying that they will be damned or whatever,but the truth is we daily struggle with our decisions,that include our own will.Ananais and Sapphira were believers,and they lied to the Holy Spirit,what happened to them proves that although we may be converted we still have the free will to reject,ignore and abandon the Truth!
Where does the Bible tell us Ananias and Sapphira were believers. Just wondering.

Quesnel, Canada

#464404 Jul 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
ALBERT EINSTEIN AND GOD
Here is the full quote, taken directly from a publication by Princeton University:
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University, page 214
Here is one of his later quotes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The

Quesnel, Canada

#464405 Jul 21, 2013
marge wrote:
A Christian is a new creation.
And a very arrogant one at that.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464406 Jul 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I am not confuting Scripture here,but the reality is Marge,many who are redeemed have fallen away and are living lives outside of the Arch of safety which is hidden in Christ.I vannot tell you how many individuals I have met over the years who fit that description.I am not saying that they will be damned or whatever,but the truth is we daily struggle with our decisions,that include our own will.Ananais and Sapphira were believers,and they lied to the Holy Spirit,what happened to them proves that although we may be converted we still have the free will to reject,ignore and abandon the Truth!
The real point of this discussion was,..can we as believers sin..even grievously...And be led back into repentance by the HOLY SPIRIT.

That passage that was quoted from Hebrews seems to say the can't.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#464407 Jul 21, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>We go back. We were both Musketeers in the old Mickey Mouse TV show. He stole Annette from me but I forgave him for it.
And I must say you look nice in them big ears lol

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#464408 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Such B.S. She admitted on video that she was building convents to train more nuns to be saints for "god."
That money was meant to feed the poor, and those babies, children and adults were starving to death in her "care" as she preached that suffering was the kiss of Jesus.
When she was dying she had the best of care in a hospital.
I used to admire her, until I realized that she it was all about serving her religion and not the poor people that surrounded her and died on a daily basis.
"Mother" also thought very HIGHLY of her self, as she took on the title of "Superior General."
I agree but you have to admit in the her second fight with Muhammad Ali she showed a lot of skills.

Quesnel, Canada

#464409 Jul 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I think after years of fighting about it on this forum, we should all just walk in the light that we are given.
Right-fighters that believe they preach for "god" can't quit, as they are certain the god depends on them TO preach.

You don't quit preaching, so why would you expect that of others?

Somebody has to stop the insanity ... but who will be first?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464410 Jul 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been duped....
The story of the prodigal son is the last one on redemption. The first was the lost sheep. The second was the lost coin.
I stand on what I have spoken and reinforced by what thus saith the Lord. when Jesus spoke the Parables, it was for the Jewish people to first understand. any teacher of the Bible realizes this. consider Father Abraham. when Jesus spoke of him, the jews knew him, first.

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

this might help you in your misunderstanding.

Points of Interest from the Story:

• Typically, a son would receive his inheritance at the time of his father's death. The fact that the younger brother instigated the early division of the family estate showed a rebellious and proud disregard for his father's authority, not to mention a selfish and immature attitude.

• Pigs were unclean animals. Jews were not even allowed to touch pigs. When the son took a job feeding pigs, even longing for their food to fill his belly, it reveals that he had fallen as low as he could possibly go. This son represents a person living in rebellion to God. Sometimes we have to hit rock-bottom before we come to our senses and recognize our sin.

• The father is a picture of the Heavenly Father. God waits patiently, with loving compassion to restore us when we return to him with humble hearts. He offers us everything in his kingdom, restoring full relationship with joyful celebration. He doesn't even dwell on our past waywardness.

• Reading from the beginning of chapter 15, we see that the older son is clearly a picture of the pharisees. In their self-righteousness, they have forgotten to rejoice when a sinner returns to God. Bitterness and resentment keeps the older son from forgiving his younger brother. It blinds him to the treasure he freely enjoys through constant relationship with the father.

Questions for Reflection:

Who are you in this story? Are you a prodigal, a pharisee or a servant? Are you the rebellious son, lost and far from God? Are you the self-righteous pharisee, no longer capable of rejoicing when a sinner returns to God? Maybe you've hit rock-bottom, come to your senses and decided to run to God's open arms of compassion and mercy? Or are you one of the servants in the household, rejoicing with the father when a lost son finds his way home?
http://christianity.about.com/od/biblestorysu...

Quesnel, Canada

#464411 Jul 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't come from me, God gave it to me just as I walked into the house.

Location hidden

#464412 Jul 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is one of his later quotes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is included in Albert Einstein: The
What is the date of:

ALBERT EINSTEIN AND GOD
Here is the full quote, taken directly from a publication by Princeton University:
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University, page 214

Location hidden

#464413 Jul 21, 2013
Second try...

Aunt declared: No pope has ever declared a doctrine on faith and morals that is in error. Even the bad ones...

That is a lie...

Example: This is Catholic dogmaw....
Adam’s sin is transmitted to his posterity, not by imitation, but by descent.

Here is what God said:
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

God said not one word about Adams's posterity...not one.

Quesnel, Canada

#464414 Jul 21, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>THAT is why we adhere to the Scriptures,
You take your own meanings from words in the scriptures and in that way you become your own teacher, and in turn your own preacher.

It's all about you. You are simply influencing your self.

If all of you right-fighters knew truth from the one and only god, there would be nothing to fight ABOUT.

You know it, and I know it.

You simply get a huge HIGH out of preaching!

Quesnel, Canada

#464415 Jul 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been duped....
It's ALWAYS the other guy that didn't agree with you that was duped.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464416 Jul 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The real point of this discussion was,..can we as believers sin..even grievously...And be led back into repentance by the HOLY SPIRIT.
That passage that was quoted from Hebrews seems to say the can't.
you ddidnt ask this question of me but I can answer it very easily.

If the Holy Spiit is leading a person to repent, then the answer is yes.

Now Yesterday, I spoke of a man who had been spoke to by the Holy Spirit and he refused the call to Come.

and yet I said that he had got Saved just before he died.

was he again wooed by the Spirit? I don't think so. I believe(and this is only my opinion) that he had to come forward on his own, with Faith believing. For the Bible says, that without Faith, it is impossible to Please God.

It had been over 40 year(I think) since God had first spoke to him, and the Bible says that it is not His will that any should perish but that ALL come to repentance. I do believe that this would have been his last chance since he died right after that, and thru me, the Spirit spoke to him telling him that God loved him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Mr Sir 10,518
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web