Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 578,722
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463928 Jul 19, 2013
continued;
First and foremost, this makes Arnold Murray a false prophet. No matter if all his other teachings were spot on, a child of God should have nothing to do with him, and he never deserves a place in a pulpit again.
2nd:
He presents himself as a Christian scholar, calls himself "Dr.", and says he is an ex-marine who served in the Korean war where he was wounded. Unfortunately, proof of his doctorate degree is not available. He also refuses to provide any documentation regarding his scholastic achievements.
3rd:
One of the several false doctrines of the Shepherd's Chapel is the teaching that all people had an existence prior to being here on earth in what is called the first earth age. This aligns with the “gap theory” which tries to make the Bible conform to evolution versus it truly being created in six 24 hour days just as Genesis, in its plainest reading says. These theories are what attacks the foundation of the Bible and causes it to lose its authority not only in the secular world, but with professing Christians as well. The Shepherd's Chapel teaches that we were created in the first earth age, a time before the fall, where we existed in the form of soul bodies. The problem with this is that there is no Biblical support for this position. In fact, the Bible contradicts this soul-body idea.
4th:
Two additional distinguishing and erroneous doctrines of the Shepherd's Chapel are known as the Serpent Seed doctrine and the Kenite doctrine. These are intimately related. The Serpent Seed doctrine is the teaching that in the Garden of Eden, the serpent (the devil) had sexual relations with Eve. The result was that she bore Cain. The descendents of Cain are called Kenites. Abel, however, is the result of Adam and Eve having relations.
Arnold Murray, the pastor of the Shepherd's Chapel, is the primary advocate of these doctrines which he adamantly teaches and which his followers have adopted as Biblical truth.
5th:
The Shepherd's Chapel denies the doctrine of the rapture which is the teaching that upon the future return of Christ those Christians who are alive will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air. Accepting or denying the teaching of the rapture does not affect one's salvation. It is a doctrine that can be believed or not without any affect upon a person's position in Christ. Unfortunately, Murray’s teaching is rather harsh regarding the rapture. He states that the rapture is a false doctrine (Newsletter #193 - Nov, 1994) and that many who believe in the rapture will be deceived into worshiping the Antichrist (Newsletter #205, Nov. 1995). At one point Mr. Murray stated that 95 percent of the churches that teach the rapture will accept the antichrist as the savior (Newsletter #116, June 1988). Such statements are simply not sustainable from a biblical perspective.
6th:
The next problematic issue with this church is its denial of the Trinity. The Bible teaches that there is one God in three persons: Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Shepherd's Chapel teaches modalism, the idea that God is one person who took different forms or modes. The Christian church long condemned modalism as contrary to sound biblical theology.
The Shepherd's Chapel is at best a very aberrant Christian church and at worst, a cult. Is denial of the Trinity enough to make a group non-Christian? Yes it is. If Murray continues to deny the Trinity, that God is three distinct persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, then this would cast great doubt upon Murray as a proper Bible teacher.
7th:
He regularly calls others liars, deceivers, idiots, losers, etc. Murray is full of quick, condescending remarks about anyone who disagrees with him. Unfortunately, it is rubbing off on his followers and this is particularly troublesome since there is a recording of him pulling a gun on someone who disagreed with him in a teaching setting. This is not showing grace, mercy, and love that Jesus Christ Himself preached.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#463929 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. I am not a Cath-A-lick either. Do not identify me with any denomination either please.
I won't we'll call it the cult of the mentally challenged.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463930 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He is making things up!!!
The Catholic Church .as I even
Member it .....or any denomination I know of does not teach anything he says.
SATAN seed
He being the ELECT..it's a secret..But he is telling us.
NO flood
And a whole bunch of other things about bible people and their relation
To each other..forgot it as soon as I read it..thank God
Naw sweetie. You didn't merely forget it. God blinded you because there are things that ONLY the Election are allowed to know.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/romans/11...

Those are not my words but that's scripture. That's how you can tell you are NOT one of the Elect. One of the Elect can tell you one of the deeper messages in Gos word and God will not allow you to be able to see it but He will blind you to it instead. And trust me on this...YOU HAVE BEEN BLINDED BY GOD

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463931 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Arnold Murray. False Teacher. False Prophet.
(note!! Link to video of Murray's failed prophecies, actual tape of them, at the bottom of this page)
Yesterday, I turned on the TV and turned to a local station in my area and the show that was on was Shepherd’s Chapel. Arnold Murray is the pastor of this church, though I would call it a cult. I talked to the station director just to let him know about the man, because the director is a very good man that I respect. I was told that due to FCC rules, if they carry one, they have to carry them all. I understand that with government involved, but, I wanted you all to know about him so that you do not get wrapped up in watching him or listening to what he has to say. I already have a family member who is wrapped up in this guy’s teachings, so, that being the case….here are some things about Arnold Murray of the Shepherd’s Chapel that many do not know.
1st:
He predicted that the war of Armageddon will start on June 8-9, 1985 in "a valley of the Alaskan peninsula." We know this did not happen. We also know what God says of those who prophecy in His name as laid out in the Bible:
http://www.mikeschristiancorner.com/murray.ht...
LOL,LOL. I do believe the Devil is fighting mad at me tonight,LOL.

Location hidden

#463932 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well now what about the 7000 VERY ELECT? lol
And I don't merely think Cain was the son of Satan aka the Serpent. I know Cain was the son of Satan according to an ACCURATE understanding of the written word of God.
when has murray EVER GOT ANYTHING accurate?

Location hidden

#463933 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe someone is jealous,lol.
I sat under the Best Preacher that God ever called. His name was Woodrow , and the comparison between him and murray are the same as God and the devil.

that is how Goldy Woody was and how satanic your teacher is.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463934 Jul 19, 2013
Let me furtehr demonstrate to you guys how these hell bound Christians can lie and twist the truth to try and bring down the man of God.

Back in the day PM was trying to set the date for certain events that scriptures has told us was to occur. He stated that according to the dat when certain events took place in the Bible then thisor that was supposed to happen if the dates were right. Bot oh boy these lying so called Christians went off half cocked and started lying on PM claiming that he made a prophecy which did not come to pass. PM never made any prophecy. He merely took certain scriptures and tried to predict the date according to certain things that happened in scripture. He stated that if it was the correct date then this or that should occur.

As I stated lying,dishonest so called Christians stated that he made a prophecy.

I would advise everyone of you under the sound of my voice to sift through 99.9 percent of everything that comes out of a so called Christians mouth. You'll be much better off. Trust me on that.

A Christian is not above lying to try and win you over to their side so beware.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#463935 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Naw sweetie. You didn't merely forget it. God blinded you because there are things that ONLY the Election are allowed to know.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/romans/11...
Those are not my words but that's scripture. That's how you can tell you are NOT one of the Elect. One of the Elect can tell you one of the deeper messages in Gos word and God will not allow you to be able to see it but He will blind you to it instead. And trust me on this...YOU HAVE BEEN BLINDED BY GOD
Is your god also tempting you to lust on other men?

Location hidden

#463936 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope never heard of AQUAFIERS but I have heard of Aquifers,LOL. Your argument is still weaker than water. Won't fly sonny. Like I said I love the way you Christians make things to add to Gods word,LOL. You guys are a hoot.
Murray is full of quick, condescending remarks about anyone who disagrees with him. Unfortunately, it is rubbing off on his followers and this is particularly troublesome .

whoops, Rose, D, and I might get shot pretty soon by tony.lol

excuse the spaling but you didn't think of that word or you wouldn't have asked such a dumb question about where the water went, if you had known about them.lol

Location hidden

#463937 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,LOL. I do believe the Devil is fighting mad at me tonight,LOL.
don't kid yourself tony. people like me feel sorry for people like you.
to a certain extent, however we still feel the need to laugh at you tho.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#463938 Jul 19, 2013
Where'd Oxbow go?

Boy, I'm gonna miss him.

The theme from the Exorcist just for Oxbow:

Somehow it seems appropriate.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463939 Jul 20, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your god also tempting you to lust on other men?
Aww now Pookie. Don't be pissed. Re-enlist,LOL,lol.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463940 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I sat under the Best Preacher that God ever called. His name was Woodrow , and the comparison between him and murray are the same as God and the devil.
Next time don't sit under him...sit to his side....that way you will not ingest what he is putting out that is meant for the sewer!!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463941 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't kid yourself tony. people like me feel sorry for people like you.
to a certain extent, however we still feel the need to laugh at you tho.
Stop lying spirit. You don't feel sorry for me but rather you feel a great anger at me because I have the God given ability to break you down to your lowest common denominator and that makes you really, I mean REALLY SORE with me. You lying, deceiving spirit.

Location hidden

#463942 Jul 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Let me furtehr demonstrate to you guys how these hell bound Christians can lie and twist the truth to try and bring down the man of God.
Back in the day PM was trying to set the date for certain events that scriptures has told us was to occur. He stated that according to the dat when certain events took place in the Bible then thisor that was supposed to happen if the dates were right. Bot oh boy these lying so called Christians went off half cocked and started lying on PM claiming that he made a prophecy which did not come to pass. PM never made any prophecy. He merely took certain scriptures and tried to predict the date according to certain things that happened in scripture. He stated that if it was the correct date then this or that should occur.
As I stated lying,dishonest so called Christians stated that he made a prophecy.
I would advise everyone of you under the sound of my voice to sift through 99.9 percent of everything that comes out of a so called Christians mouth. You'll be much better off. Trust me on that.
A Christian is not above lying to try and win you over to their side so beware.
get real, tony. every Bible scholar agrees that Israel is where that big battle will take place not in Alaska or some where else.

the guy(murray) is mentally deranged and he attracts people like you who aint all there either. Lets face it, what man is going to pick a fat, bald man over Raquel Welch in her youth?

only a degenerate, with a very warped mindset. lets face facts. women arent called beautiful for nothing.lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#463943 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
continued;
First and foremost, this makes Arnold Murray a false prophet. No matter if all his other teachings were spot on, a child of God should have nothing to do with him, and he never deserves a place in a pulpit again.
2nd:
He presents himself as a Christian scholar, calls himself "Dr.", and says he is an ex-marine who served in the Korean war where he was wounded. Unfortunately, proof of his doctorate degree is not available. He also refuses to provide any documentation regarding his scholastic achievements.
3rd:
One of the several false doctrines of the Shepherd's Chapel is the teaching that all people had an existence prior to being here on earth in what is called the first earth age. This aligns with the “gap theory” which tries to make the Bible conform to evolution versus it truly being created in six 24 hour days just as Genesis, in its plainest reading says. These theories are what attacks the foundation of the Bible and causes it to lose its authority not only in the secular world, but with professing Christians as well. The Shepherd's Chapel teaches that we were created in the first earth age, a time before the fall, where we existed in the form of soul bodies. The problem with this is that there is no Biblical support for this position. In fact, the Bible contradicts this soul-body idea.
4th:
Two additional distinguishing and erroneous doctrines of the Shepherd's Chapel are known as the Serpent Seed doctrine and the Kenite doctrine. These are intimately related. The Serpent Seed doctrine is the teaching that in the Garden of Eden, the serpent (the devil) had sexual relations with Eve. The result was that she bore Cain. The descendents of Cain are called Kenites. Abel, however, is the result of Adam and Eve having relations.
Arnold Murray, the pastor of the Shepherd's Chapel, is the primary advocate of these doctrines which he adamantly teaches and which his followers have adopted as Biblical truth.
5th:
The Shepherd's Chapel denies the doctrine of the rapture which is the teaching that upon the future return of Christ those Christians who are alive will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air. Accepting or denying the teaching of the rapture does not affect one's salvation. It is a doctrine that can be believed or not without any affect upon a person's position in Christ. Unfortunately, Murray’s teaching is rather harsh regarding the rapture. He states that the rapture is a false doctrine (Newsletter #193 - Nov, 1994) and that many who believe in the rapture will be deceived into worshiping the Antichrist (Newsletter #205, Nov. 1995). At one point Mr. Murray stated that 95 percent of the churches that teach the rapture will accept the antichrist as the savior (Newsletter #116, June 1988). Such statements are simply not sustainable from a biblical perspective.
6th:
The next problematic issue with this church is its denial of the Trinity. The Bible teaches that there is one God in three persons: Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Shepherd's Chapel teaches modalism, the idea that God is one person who took different forms or modes. The Christian church long condemned modalism as contrary to sound biblical theology.
The Shepherd's Chapel is at..........rinity, that God is three distinct persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, then this would cast great doubt upon Murray as a proper Bible teacher.
7th:
He regularly calls others liars, deceivers, idiots, losers, etc. Murray is full of quick, condescending remarks about anyone who disagrees with him. Unfortunately, it is rubbing off on his followers and this is particularly troublesome since there is a recording of him pulling a gun on someone who disagreed with him in a teaching setting. This is not showing grace, mercy, and love that Jesus Christ Himself preached.
And here I thought Tony was,making all this garbage up.

Well it must be true if it's on tv...NOT

Location hidden

#463944 Jul 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time don't sit under him...sit to his side....that way you will not ingest what he is putting out that is meant for the sewer!!!!!
what ever you say, Oxbore.

now go make plans to enter into your very own heaven or make room for tony, you two are just alike.

IGNORANT

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463945 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I sat under the Best Preacher that God ever called. His name was Woodrow , and the comparison between him and murray are the same as God and the devil.
LOL,LOL. Every jack legged lying idiot thinks his so called preacher was the best that God ever called. Anytime you hear an idiot say their preacher was the best that ever preached I advise you to get as far away from that person as you possibly can.

Location hidden

#463946 Jul 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Stop lying spirit. You don't feel sorry for me but rather you feel a great anger at me because I have the God given ability to break you down to your lowest common denominator and that makes you really, I mean REALLY SORE with me. You lying, deceiving spirit.
Tony, I do feel sorry for you and if I am alive when you die, I will cry because your soul is lost.

and tony, you have never defeated me over "what saith the Lord" because you don't know what His word says nor do you believe it.

and with Rose, it doesnt take very long before a person can spot a person like you who believes lies and falsehoods.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463947 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>get real, tony. every Bible scholar agrees that Israel is where that big battle will take place not in Alaska or some where else.
the guy(murray) is mentally deranged and he attracts people like you who aint all there either. Lets face it, what man is going to pick a fat, bald man over Raquel Welch in her youth?
only a degenerate, with a very warped mindset. lets face facts. women arent called beautiful for nothing.lol
a DEGENERATE,lol.
Those words sound really familiar. Didn't they say something similar about Christ because they disliked what He was preaching back in the day,LOL? And of when so called Bible scholars are all Biblically illiterate, they will all agree. It's called the blind leading the blind. And another thing idiot,PM never said the Battle of Armageddon would take place in Alaska. The battle that will take place on Alaska by Russia is a battle that you and your so called Bible scholars are totally ignorant of which is just another of the MANY,MANY bible lessons that you guys are clueless about. And you actually call them scholars,LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 12 hr radiofreeamerica 31
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Gee Tee 9,029
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Wed swedenforever 32
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Mar 22 ELIAS IBARRA 4
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 17 barefoot2626 2,030
News Francis expects short papacy Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 2
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Mar 16 ELIAS IBARRA 5
More from around the web