Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650311 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464163 Jul 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has a religion.
So my religion is that I don't believe a creator exists???

That's quite the religion.

Let's you and I have a fight over who is loved most by the creator that doesn't exist.

:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464164 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>get your mind out of the gutter, a person that knows Hebrew also knows that word mean other things,
such as to do great things.lol
but in this instance, it meant that david CRIED MORE THAT HIS FRIEND JONATHAN. IF DAVID HAD ANY SEXUAL INTENT TOWARDS HIS BEST FRIEND. GOD WOULD NOT HAVE CALLED HIM A MAN AFTER HIS(GODS) OWN HEART.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David regained control.
Did you read my statement I made about people that make up INANE SUPPOSITIONS and try to add them to Gods word? You're pretty good at making up inane suppositions but fortunately I'm here as a buffer against you and those that would attempt to do that. God is watching you..........AND SO AM I.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464165 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ONE MORNING, I heard a mighty rushing wind, and it filled my ear. and God began to tell me about this man that went to my cousins church and how much he loved him.
but this man had refused God many years ago and never felt that God would ever draw him back to Salvation.
and during the altar Call, I walked over to this man and told him hat God loved him. going home, my cousin(who was the Pastor) asked me what I said to him, and I told him what God has said to me to tell him.
a few days later, this man got saved, and not long after that, this man died. you see, this man had to want to be Saved and he had to act on his own(and that is bible as you well know)
Oh I do believe that truly..

And that things,..people are put in our lives when God wants,us.

Like you talking to him..But he was at the Church in the first place..seeking .
So He obviously had wanted to be saved ..just thought He couldn't.

Quesnel, Canada

#464166 Jul 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Many people can claim ownership to a thing, but if one has the title deed, the dispute is ended.
Every devout believer in every religion believes they DO have the title deed.

If you were born a Jew, chances are, you would be preaching from the old testament.

If you were born a Muslim, you would now be preaching from the Qur'an, and claiming that Allah had called you to his service.

Quesnel, Canada

#464167 Jul 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
I don't believe that you will win any converts with that 'love', will you?
KayMarie
How many converts do you believe are coming your way when you threaten them with hell if they don't come your way???

Quesnel, Canada

#464168 Jul 20, 2013
Guest55 wrote:
<quoted text>Well...June, you will like each born again that has experienced it to not know what the truth is until you are convicted by the Holy Spirit. You have apparently read and heard a lot but have yet been convicted in a saving way. The gospel has been commanded to be preached and has been although error has been used in most ever sermon to one degree or another. It is only by the grace of God that will reveal the truth to you.
Allah be praised!

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#464169 Jul 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I Know!
It went to de nile!
It never happened. Australian Aboriginals have been here 50,000 years (at least), they didn't get flooded, and yes we can prove this.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464170 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is the post by Kay, her words agree totally with what Jesus wants us to do.
who="marge"
Do you know who teaches that?
or are we talking about the catholics again?
I think the CC is against OSAS. I'm not sure who teaches it.
I have no doubt that I am secure in Christ...[[[[[[as long as "I" abide in Him.]]]]
KayMarie
and when we abide in him, we also know that He abides in us. they go together.
Yes those are correct statements.

The 'know' part is when we're not sinning, but when we fall from grace that does not mean He leaves us just because it feels like it.
Guest55

Cape Girardeau, MO

#464171 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah be praised!
;-)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464172 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I lie to myself when I say "I don't know if there is a god or if there an afterlife?
HOW??? It's my concept of truth. I would lie if I went against my conscience to make claims that a god exists who will save me and judge others as not worthy of heaven.
That would be me telling a blatant, "presumptuous" lie.
well we Know, maybe your on the wrong thread.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464173 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that isn't what Jesus says. and kay knows that as well as I do. Her words are correct, yours are a lying spirit
[If ye abide in me}(MIGHTY BIG WORD, THOSE TWO LETTERS' IF), and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
well of course if we're not abiding.

I would love to get on the same page with you and gif kay marie and others on this subject and I think we're close!

The subject appears to others like it divides us.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464174 Jul 20, 2013
This is a lie:

Adam’s sin is transmitted to his posterity, not by imitation, but by descent.

Here is what God said:
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

God said not one word about Adam's posterity...not one.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#464175 Jul 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Filth? Apparently our definition of the word is far different. Perhaps you should look around your own backyard before you pass judgment on mine. It would be greatly appreciated.
Your recent condemnation of me and several of my posts is based in part on a conversation you and I had regarding eternal security. You do not believe in eternal security. You believe satan has more power to TAKE us than the Lord has to KEEP us. One day you might understand what "in Chirst" really means. I thank God for his PROMISES everyday and trust Him to keep them. You on the other hand should ask yourself this question. Whom do you trust?
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>your talking filthy has nothing to do with doctrine, it has to do with your black heart.
Thank you for your input pastor. You are living proof that there are more horses asses in this world than there are horses. Thanks again MORON!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#464176 Jul 20, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
It never happened. Australian Aboriginals have been here 50,000 years (at least), they didn't get flooded, and yes we can prove this.
Yes. I know. So did I quite some time back. I researched all the world areas, and it seems they were all doing just fine in their histories with no break because of a "great flood" at the time. The Noah flood story is just that-a story...and an ignorant one at that.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464177 Jul 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Filth? Apparently our definition of the word is far different. Perhaps you should look around your own backyard before you pass judgment on mine. It would be greatly appreciated.
Your recent condemnation of me and several of my posts is based in part on a conversation you and I had regarding eternal security. You do not believe in eternal security. You believe satan has more power to TAKE us than the Lord has to KEEP us. One day you might understand what "in Chirst" really means. I thank God for his PROMISES everyday and trust Him to keep them. You on the other hand should ask yourself this question. Whom do you trust?
<quoted text>
Thank you for your input pastor. You are living proof that there are more horses asses in this world than there are horses. Thanks again MORON!
Hey bro, we have a new rule on the thread that only 'dummy' is allowed as a yell word at others, and it cannot be capitalized, and it's said with love from the heart. Blessings
marge

Leesburg, GA

#464178 Jul 20, 2013
no patience on my part, hit post twice.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464179 Jul 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
This is a lie:
Adam’s sin is transmitted to his posterity, not by imitation, but by descent.
Here is what God said:
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
God said not one word about Adam's posterity...not one.
Please tell me what you think the following means...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#464180 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I do believe that truly..
And that things,..people are put in our lives when God wants,us.
Like you talking to him..But he was at the Church in the first place..seeking .
So He obviously had wanted to be saved ..just thought He couldn't.
You're really gullible huh,LOL?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#464181 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the Bible has never taught that eternal security is a Christian Doctrine, and people like rogers et al have misused His Word to teach that.
Demas alone is proof that a person can walk away from God an lose his soul
You and Demas are cut from the same cloth. Show me anyplace in the Bible an explanation of a saved person, truly saved, who then became lost. Demas was not saved. Not ever. Nor was Judas and nor are you. Sleep on that doctrine you pathetic moron. When Paul speaks of Demas he says, quote, "Demas hath forsaken ME". Notice Paul does not say "Demas hath forsaken GOD"? So who did Demas forsake, Paul or God. Can you read? Or is the Bible a liar like you?

II Timothy 4:10, "For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia."

Demas was a companion of Paul, who deserted the apostle when he was a prisoner at Rome and returned to Thessalonica.

If anyone believes in Jesus and have placed their faith in him how can they ever be lost? If they are IN CHRIST the only way they can be lost is if Christ loses His salvation. They are IN HIM. They were crucified with Him. Ever read Galatians 2:20? "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Your theology goes like this.....

God says, "Ok Noah, you are now on the ark. Please notice the pegs on the outside of the ark. If you are to be saved and survive the flood you must hold onto those pegs or you will be lost and will die as a result of falling off. Did God put pegs on the outside of the ark and expect Noah to hang on for dear life and if he did not hang on he would die? No and hell no. God placed Noah inside of the ark and sealed the door to the ark Himself. GOD SEALED NOAH. Noah did not have to hang to the pegs outside of the ark because he was "IN THE ARK".

Read Genesis 7:1, "Then the LORD said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation."

When God told Noah "come into the ark" where do you suppose God was located? Think about it. When you invite someone to "come into your house" are you inside the house when you ask? Of course you are. God told Noah to "COME IN" because God was already IN! God sealed Noah and God has sealed me.

Ephesians 1:13-14, 13 "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."

Ephesians 4:30, "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#464182 Jul 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me what you think the following means...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
It means I refuse to discuss Holy Scripture with a person that God has given up to reprobate mind...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web