Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603309 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463854 Jul 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You know scriptures.....good.
Please tell me:
- since St Thomas is considered inspired, and I understand that "God" only inspired a few select people and Thomas was one of them -- where is it written, by "God", that states that Thomas' gospel is not inspired?
Thanks!
Uhhh,you understand that God only inspired a few select people? Well do tell. We understand that anyone under the influence and guidance of the Holy Spirit can be inspired. Any person,man or woman under the influence of the Holy Spirit can be inspired to even teach Gods word ACCURATELY. To teach the word of God ACCURATELY requires inspiration from the Holy Spirit thus it is an inspiration from God. So no my friend, there's more than a few people that God inspires. Scripture even tells us that in the last days God would pour out of His Spirit and both sons and daughters shall prophesy. Prophesy means to teach. Teach what? Teach Gods word. They will be teaching what the prophets wrote etc, etc. That is a form of being inspired and that is done by the influence of the Holy Spirit.
Clay

United States

#463855 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhh,you understand that God only inspired a few select people? Well do tell. We understand that anyone under the influence and guidance of the Holy Spirit can be inspired. Any person,man or woman under the influence of the Holy Spirit can be inspired to even teach Gods word ACCURATELY. To teach the word of God ACCURATELY requires inspiration from the Holy Spirit thus it is an inspiration from God. So no my friend, there's more than a few people that God inspires. Scripture even tells us that in the last days God would pour out of His Spirit and both sons and daughters shall prophesy. Prophesy means to teach. Teach what? Teach Gods word. They will be teaching what the prophets wrote etc, etc. That is a form of being inspired and that is done by the influence of the Holy Spirit.
Why are there 45,000 Protestant religions -all claiming to be brought to Biblical truth by the Holy Spirit?
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#463856 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really implying that after all these yrs on TopIx, you do not know what Catholics teach about Papal infallibility?

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463857 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE TRUTH IS
:)
Clay

United States

#463858 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
You know scriptures.....good.
Please tell me:
- since St Thomas is considered inspired, and I understand that "God" only inspired a few select people and Thomas was one of them -- where is it written, by "God", that states that Thomas' gospel is not inspired?
Thanks!
Its highly unlikely the Apostle Thomas wrote the 'Gospel of Thomas'. Most scholars think it was penned by men in the 2nd century.

Regardless, all scripture relied on a group to label it as 'inspired'. The Bible never instructs us on what Books belong in it. In Christianity, it took the authority of the Catholic Church at the councils of Laodicea, Carthage, Rome and Hippo to finalize the Biblical canon in the 4th century.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463859 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are there 45,000 Protestant religions -all claiming to be brought to Biblical truth by the Holy Spirit?
The numbers are going up ... depending on who tells the story.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463860 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
One must try the spirits. How do you try the spirits? By the word of God. If they don't align with the word of God then..........

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#463861 Jul 19, 2013

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463862 Jul 19, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes allah means god so what.
You all agree that there is one god, and you all preach that the one god loves ONLY YOU.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463863 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark" If I stop sinning, that isn't enough for Jesus. He needs MORE. He's very needy. He wants me to follow ONLY him.
If I am kind, I will still go to hell, because Jesus NEEDS me to believe in him ... period!
I think NOT!!!
Stupid theology.
Stupid thinking...
KM
You must think this Jesus is as greedy for attention as are you!

If I stop sinning, that isn't enough for Jesus. He needs MORE. He's very needy. He wants me to follow ONLY him.
If I am kind, I will still go to hell, because Jesus NEEDS me to believe in him ... period!
I think NOT!!!
Stupid theology.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463864 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
No - men of this world elect a Pope.
Oh ... but the next part of the story is that "god" worked his magic THROUGH the minds of the men to choose the "righteous" pope to in turn sit on the throne and judge sinners (excluding his self and his followers of course.)

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463865 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>One must try the spirits. How do you try the spirits?
Buy a jug of the cheapest hooch, and I guarantee you'll see more than one god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#463866 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>One must try the spirits. How do you try the spirits? By the word of God. If they don't align with the word of God then..........
Distillers are exceptionally good at "trying the spirits"...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463867 Jul 19, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =chrMffUD0VsXX
That's not true. God loves all of His creation.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463868 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Where's that old coot called OldJG that used to be wasting time trying to elucidate on the scriptures. Haven't heard from him in some time.
I don' tend to really read most of these posts so if he happened to post in my abscence, then I may have missed what he posted because as I stated I don't really read most of these posts.
Last I heard he got called home. I'm not sure if that meant home as to lend an ear to a nagging wife, or home as in eternal hellfire in a hereafter.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463869 Jul 19, 2013
As you can see, your response did not answer my question.
What answer would you like? Maybe I can give a shot or two at the bulls eye. But rumor has it that my aim ain't what it used to be when I was still in religion.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463870 Jul 19, 2013
Apparently when the devil threw Jerry Falwell into the furnace, the blaze could be seen all around the world.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463871 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You all agree that there is one god, and you all preach that the one god loves ONLY YOU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iZs-e_x0PGMXX
I meant to post this for you but somehow I posted it on Seraphima's post.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#463872 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's not true. God loves all of His creation.
That's really hard ta believe, when it destroyed it all in a flood.
That's not love, it is eliminating erred experiment.
And that's not the worst of it. It saved a handfull of the erred experiment(how foolish is that) to duplicate the errors, and now threatens it with another annihilation in revelations.
Can't your deity get anything tight?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#463873 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be honest. Every protestant here has stated the Holy Spirit is guiding them to all truth when they read the bible. They don't give a hoot if they're the successor of St. Peter (especially since they think he wasn't even a very good disciple), they've got what he had and even more. In fact, they claim even MORE authority to infallibly interpret God's will than those Borgia popes you so love to bring up. So don't act like you're impressed by the claim of St. Peter's successor, many of your cohorts think they're the reincarnation of St. Paul. Lol.
The claims of Protestant and Catholic preaching can be judged ..IMO..
Does it contradict the bibles.

But we had been speaking originally in this,discussion
On the statement of infallibility

And direct succession to Peter. As making the CC the only true
CHURCH which is a bit at odds with the purpose stated for Vatican 2

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr_SKY 84,411
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web