Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668027 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464046 Jul 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The sanity of any person (such as yourself) that attempts to upstage God is questionable...
____
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
The above verses certainly make your religious system questionable
Who taught you how to take scripture that warns against sin and unbelief and apply it to the Catholic Church? The Holy Spirit? rotflol. The men who were taught by the apostles say it refers to heretics like you.
socci

Osceola, MO

#464047 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person doesn't believe in a god, then a person won't be anxious about that word salvation.
I believe that if a creator does exist kindness is all that is necessary.
On the other hand, people such as you that believe they need to defend dogmas in order to appease the whims of a god are NOT kind, as the dogmas dictate the behavior.
You continually threaten me that I will go to hell.
That in my opinion is anything BUT kindness.
I am not in any religion ... and I wish nothing but the best for you.
So what has your religion done TO you "simply" because you allowed it to happen???

Denying Jesus is who he said is .. not very kind. It is to teach a lie.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464048 Jul 20, 2013
I'm amazed when I think back that my mother and father although they depended on different theologians to tell them truth, that they didn't fight among their selves over whose dogmas were right and whose were wrong.

It's too bad that when they were alive I didn't think to ask either one of them how they came to terms with that issue. It's simply another one of those issues that remain a mystery to me.
socci

Osceola, MO

#464049 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If a god exists and is of the nature of love, none of us need to worry.
And if the god exists and is NOT of the nature of love ... worry will do no good, as the god (on a whim) could send ALL followers to eternal damnation and laugh and laugh at the gullibility of those who fell for the promise of salvation.
Religion is BUNK!

Your religion is.

Quesnel, Canada

#464050 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
EXAMINE THIS SCRIPTURE CLOSELY..
You refuse to accept that in bible studies five or more people can take different meanings from the words in ONE scripture.

You choose to be a puffed-balloon of an idiot.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464051 Jul 20, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Questionable characters? To whom are you referring? Never read a single thing they wrote have you Kay? And no, we don't accept their writings as scripture. But you accept your husband's opinon as scripture.
The Church fathers sat at the foot of the apostles and those they taught and expounded on scripture verses.
Your husband pastes scripture verses and expounds on them 2000 years after Christ, having never heard one spoken word from the apostles.
And he knows better than they did?
I think your sanity is questionable.
Very complimentary, aren't you?
The questionable characters I referred to are the Pope's and bishops that history reveals were guilty of various evils...even 'buying' the Pope's position.
No, I don't accept anyone's 'opinion' as scripture. I check out all that I hear by the Word.
I read what the Apostles said, not what someone says that they said.
I HEAR what Jesus has to say sometimes, too, and it agrees with the Word.
KayMarie
"I don't accept"..."I check out all"..."I read what the apostles said"..."I HEAR what Jesus..." and of course YOU decide if it agrees with the word or not. You've just made yourself infallible and more powerful than any pope in history.

Tell us Kay why you think you can sit down with a bible and decide one verse means something, but a man who was taught by the apostles had the wrong opinion when he read the same verse?
socci

Osceola, MO

#464052 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
St. Clement of Rome's writings exist. He was St. Paul's co-worker in Phillipians and was ordained by St. Peter. St. Ignatius's writings exist. He was taught personally by St. John. St. Irenaeus's writings exist. He was taught by St. Polycarp who was taught by St. John.

He was never catholic. The early history of the roman church is a pencil whipped fabrication starting with the FACT - Paul went to Rome, not Peter.

Later we see Rome steals the history making the Irish Patrick Catholic when he was never.

Quesnel, Canada

#464053 Jul 20, 2013
Religious right-fighters will continue on their quesst to convert others to the idea that a god supports their individual CLAIMS.

They can't help their selves as the habit is deeply engrained in their psyches.

Thankfully non-human animals aren't affected by religion ... so at least in their company one can often find "peace."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464054 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
TRUTH IS ..AS..ESTABLISHED BY...COMPARED TO ... THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD...
Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea,
let God be true, but
every man a liar;
NOTE
-->AS IT IS WRITTEN,<--(NOT AS IT IS ORALLY SPOKEN BY SOME (so called) Holy fathers.)
That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings,
and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
The Gospels were not yet written when St. Paul wrote this. They were ORALLY PREACHING it to the Church fathers.

gif's theology:

"EXAMINE THIS SCRIPTURE CLOSELY.." and if it agrees with what I've been taught by my protestant tradition, accept it. BUT, if it agrees with Catholic tradition, what the Church fathers say its means, find some other verses and try like hell to debunk it.
socci

Osceola, MO

#464056 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I'm amazed when I think back that my mother and father although they depended on different theologians to tell them truth, that they didn't fight among their selves over whose dogmas were right and whose were wrong.
It's too bad that when they were alive I didn't think to ask either one of them how they came to terms with that issue. It's simply another one of those issues that remain a mystery to me.

It probably worked like this - your daddy was freemason. rosicrucians are often just masons - both founded by Templars. Your beloved mother although im sure was a kind and loving woman was likely eastern star mason. they often claim to be christian, especially lutheran when the husband is rosicrucian (cross & rose) as the rosicrucians erroneously claim Luther was rosicrucians.

Rosicrucians were alligned with the papal knights and Jesuits, not the Protestants. The Rosicrucians were the infiltrators into the church to lead it back to Rome for their Jesuit masters, as Jesuits rarely do such a thing themselves.

Billy Graham and Pat Robertson are known Freemasons who may also be Rosicrucian and Knights of Malta.

www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/700_club.htm
www.reformation.org/pat-robertson.html

Anyway, there's no truth in any of the papal secret societies. It is Gnosticism.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464057 Jul 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
He was never catholic. The early history of the roman church is a pencil whipped fabrication starting with the FACT - Paul went to Rome, not Peter.
Later we see Rome steals the history making the Irish Patrick Catholic when he was never.
And the sky is what color in your world?
socci

Osceola, MO

#464058 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religious right-fighters will continue on their quesst to convert others to the idea that a god supports their individual CLAIMS.
They can't help their selves as the habit is deeply engrained in their psyches.
Thankfully non-human animals aren't affected by religion ... so at least in their company one can often find "peace."

If the catholic converts to atheism this is certainly not an improvement. At least most Catholics do believe in Jesus. So you see we are all at different levels of understanding. When one is converted to one or another it may be an improvement. Only God can judge this thing.
Same for the Russian Orthodox under the USSR. Improvement? Most would say, not.
socci

Osceola, MO

#464059 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
And the sky is what color in your world?

Have you read the book of Romans? It was written by Paul to the churches there.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464060 Jul 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
TRUTH IS ..AS..ESTABLISHED BY...COMPARED TO ... THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD...
Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea,
let God be true, but
every man a liar;
NOTE
-->AS IT IS WRITTEN,<--(NOT AS IT IS ORALLY SPOKEN BY SOME (so called) Holy fathers.)
That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings,
and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
~~~
WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE THE WORD OF GOD IS

THE NEW TESTAMENT

COVENANT.. CONTRACT ... WILL..

G1242
&#948;&#953;&#945; &#952;&#951;&#769; &#954;&#951;
diathe&#772;ke&#772;
dee-ath-ay'-kay
From G1303; properly a disposition, that is,(specifically) a contract (especially a devisory will):- covenant, testament.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called) CHURCH HAVE WORKED FEARLESSLY AND

FEVERISHLY TO NEGATE GOD'S COVENANT...CONTRACT..WILL AND ASSUME THEIR OWN IN IT'S PLACE...

THIS ACTION IS ILLEGAL.

JESUS THE TESTATOR WROTE THE WILL AND TESTAMENT ...

SAID IT IS FINISHED

SIGNED IT WITH HIS BLOOD

BOWED HIS HEAD

AND DIED...

ROSE AGAIN ON THE THIRD DAY

TO BECOME THE EXECUTOR OF HIS WILL AND TESTAMENT..

THE ROMAN CATHOLICS CANNOT ADD TO

DELETE FROM

EDIT

NOR OTHERWISE ASSUME THEMSELVES INTO THE WILL AND TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST..

ONLY BORN AGAIN SONS OF GOD ARE HEIRS...

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit..

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Rom_8:17 And if children,(SONS) then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Gal_3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Tit_3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

THE WAY TO BECOME BORN AGAIN...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

NO ROMAN CATHOLIC RITUALS OR CALISTHENICS NEED BE APPLIED..

JESUS SAID...

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned:

but he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and

he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#464061 Jul 20, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Saint Patrick wasn't Irish. He was Portuguese or Spanish I believe. I can't remember, but he definitely wasn't Irish.
And yes he was Catholic. He converted the Irish using the Shamrock to help them understand the Trinity in one body.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#464062 Jul 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked on my tv guide which is for two weeks ahead .
Nothing under that name.
There is a Bishop Herman L Murray..Jr
As I said I don't watch many on tv ..
Dr Stanley
a few others occasionally.
Thanks anyway :)
he is on Direct Tv around channel 203 among others. I just checked he isn't on the next 24 hours. here is what he looks like and if you see it, you will recognize him. some of his doctrine he has stoled off of the moonies. and if tony disagrees, he is lying.http://search.yahoo.com/ search;_ylt=AusKYdQ6fC7fRzz9TA VQdICbvZx4?fr=yfp-t-622-1-s &toggle=1&cop=mss& ei=UTF-8&p=arnold%20murray %20shepherds%20chapel

#464063 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospels were not yet written when St. Paul wrote this. They were ORALLY PREACHING it to the Church fathers.
gif's theology:
"EXAMINE THIS SCRIPTURE CLOSELY.." and if it agrees with what I've been taught by my protestant tradition, accept it. BUT, if it agrees with Catholic tradition, what the Church fathers say its means, find some other verses and try like hell to debunk it.
~~~

I WILL TAKE THE NEW COVENANT..CONTRACT..WILL OF GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST

OVER YOUR HEARSAY... ORAL CONJECTURE.. AND MAN MADE LIES ... AND TRUST

MY

ETERNAL SOUL TO IT'S AUTHENTICITY...

Heb_4:12 For the word of God

is quick,(ALIVE) and

powerful, and

sharper than any twoedged sword,

piercing

even to the dividing asunder of soul and

spirit, and

of the joints

and marrow, and

is a discerner of the thoughts and

intents of the heart.

___

2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

NOTE
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

___

Rev_1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and

out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
socci

Osceola, MO

#464064 Jul 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Saint Patrick wasn't Irish. He was Portuguese or Spanish I believe. I can't remember, but he definitely wasn't Irish.
And yes he was Catholic. He converted the Irish using the Shamrock to help them understand the Trinity in one body.

There's a section of this video that says he came from i believe Scotland or England to evangelize the Irish.

www.youtube.com/watch...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html...

This is a book, there's a section about Patrick and how the Vatican stole his history..
www.sundaylaw.net/books/other/wilkerson/tttoc...

#464065 Jul 20, 2013
who="Clay "
Lets take for example, the Eucharist. Catholics and Orthodox believe its really the very presence of Jesus Christ upon the words of the validly ordained Priest via Apostolic succession.
Do you believe that? No. You simply read the writings of the Apostles and determined what you were going to believe about this.
They already explained it Kay. There is no need for anyone to put the Bible under a microscope to see the real hidden meaning behind what was written.
You're guilty of undoing what Christ willed and the Apostles taught. You weren't guilty before you came on this forum, because you truly didn't know. Now you know and forced ignorance won't wash your hands.

I haven't learned anything on here, except how mean that people can be who claim to have the 'truth'.

Jesus DID say that the bread and wine were His body and blood...BEFORE any priest touches it. It IS because HE says that it is, not because someone performed some incantation over it.

Jesus, Himself gave it into the hands of the Apostles.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#464066 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>oh, isn't there. well here it is again for you to ponder on.
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time don't sit under him...sit to his side....that way you will not ingest what he is putting out that is meant for the sewer!!!!!
what ever you say, Oxbore.
now go make plans to enter into your very own heaven or make room for tony, you two are just alike.
IGNORANT.
NOW WHAT PART OF THE WORD [IGNORANT] ARE YOU UNFAMILIAR WITH?
ig·no·rant (gnr-nt)
adj.
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

Where in the above definition of "ignorant" do you see one word about "intelligence or lack of it"?????.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 16 hr Alt Right Sucks 334
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web