Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637866 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#464019 Jul 20, 2013
Thomas Jefferson was a devout Christian who re-wrote the bible for others so they could KNOW (from Jefferson's HIGH knowledge ... of course) what Jesus actually said and meant in his quotes.

Arrogant fool!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#464020 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I offending "god" by not believing AS DO YOU that Noah existed???
~~~

Until You receive JESUS CHRIST as your personal savior..

GOD DON'T KNOW YOU EXIST..And you are fair game for what ever the devil

wants to do to you...

You are your own worst enemy...

Mat_7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Quesnel, Canada

#464021 Jul 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Twisted theology by June VanDerMark.
Theology is OF religion. I am not IN religion. And don't try to pretend that you favor ALL religion ... because the truth is ... you are a right-fighter on the SIDE of ONLY the religious dogmas in your own cult.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#464022 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
At one time when those such as the popes and the Muslim imams could conquer more and more land for their earthly kingdoms, it made more sense to use their religions to motivate the flocks that the opposing forces were offending "god."
But now, you will see a pope kissing a Qur'an in the hopes of giving the impression that the Catholic religion is indeed based on unity and love.
Religion was and is a sick joke!
God looks upon the heart,and the reality of each individual in his own walk,determines his or her own fate in the end.You walk in darkness June because you have determined to eradicate that which you will never have any power over,FAITH,HOPE and LOVE,of which belongs to the Creator.You can claim you have those attributes,but to deny the Creator already places you at a negative end.You cannot go your whole life denying the awesomeness of the Creator and expect to live on through eternity without HIM.

Oh of course you think your life will end at your death,no more June right?Well dear lady,you are wrong,and wrong again and WRONG.Your speculation and statements of stupidness about that which is immensily greater than all that you know or have seen or experienced,places you in a speck of dust mentality,with no faith,no hope and no love.For true love is to know the Creator who is LOVE!

Quesnel, Canada

#464023 Jul 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The hallways in a coal mines are not level. They follow the coal seam up hill and down just as the earths surface was before the flood.
Some seams of coal are hundreds of feet below the existing surface..
Do you believe that your supposed "god" agree with your opinion? My guess is, you always believe the god agrees with all of your opinions.

Self-righteous fool!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#464024 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Divide and conquer.
"Join up with US ... as WE know the will of "god" and we follow it to a T! We are his holy servants and YOU out there are evil servants of the devil!!!"
Silly, trouble-making lies.
You still do not give an alternative,but than again we could not trust in your alternative,BECAUSE June your post here is yet another disfunctional twisted garble from your hatred of the things of God.Since you can't define God in your own image,you have decided to eradicate Him instead,and that will continue to darken your sights,Hope you enjoy living in the dark side of your own reality!
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#464025 Jul 20, 2013
The jews are the children of the devil.Jesus suffered much by the Jews. Hitler did the right job when he put the jews in the concentrastion camps. The jews and homosexuals are the scum of the earth.

Below here are some verses why the holocaust happened.

Moed Kattan 17a: If a Jew is tempted to do evil he should go to a city where he is not known and do the evil there.

Erubin 21b. Whosoever disobeys the rabbis deserves death and will be punished by being boiled in hot excrement in hell.

Sanhedrin 58b. If a heathen (gentile) hits a Jew, the gentile must be killed.

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile ("Cuthean") the wages owed him for work.

Baba Kamma 37b. "If an ox of an Israelite gores an ox of a Canaanite there is no liability; but if an ox of a Canaanite gores an ox of an Israelite...the payment is to be in full."

Baba Mezia 24a . If a Jew finds an object lost by a gentile ("heathen") it does not have to be returned.(Affirmed also in Baba Kamma 113b). Sanhedrin 76a. God will not spare a Jew who "marries his daughter to an old man or takes a wife for his infant son or returns a lost article to a Cuthean..."

Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep.

Baba Kamma 37b. The gentiles are outside the protection of the law and God has "exposed their money to Israel."

Baba Kamma 113a. Jews may use lies ("subterfuges") to circumvent a Gentile.

Yebamoth 98a. All gentile children are animals.

Abodah Zarah 36b. Gentile girls are in a state of niddah (filth) from birth.

Abodah Zarah 22a-22b . Gentiles prefer sex with cows

#464026 Jul 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that your supposed "god" agree with your opinion? My guess is, you always believe the god agrees with all of your opinions.
Self-righteous fool!
I don't know what having knowledge about coal has any thing to do with self-righteousness.

I was raise in the Coal fields of West Virginia ,..I am a coal miners son.

#464027 Jul 20, 2013
who="Clay "
Scripture is made useless when people install their own ideas on what the Apostles wrote about.
The Apostles did not teach sola fide, Martin Luther did. Therefore those verses that OldJg quoted may as well have not been written if folks are going to interpret the exact opposite teaching from it.
That's why I'm Catholic, Rose. We go with the Word of God, orally communicated to the people, and sometimes documented by the Disciples of the Apostles.

That's what gets you in trouble. It's as if you started listening to this forum, and expecting to know the truth about God. All kinds of dogmas being presented here, and you don't know the persons who are presenting them.

The Apostles and Prophets who wrote the Bible were known to walk with God/Jesus. You do not know the presenters of the 'oral opinions' of men 2,000 years ago. Their 'records' that you DO have now are written, they are no longer oral (unless you can talk with ghosts). And you have to trust the writings of some pretty questionable characters to accept those writings as 'scripture'.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464028 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the name of murrays program is "the shepherds chapel"
I looked on my tv guide which is for two weeks ahead .

Nothing under that name.

There is a Bishop Herman L Murray..Jr

As I said I don't watch many on tv ..

Dr Stanley

a few others occasionally.

Thanks anyway :)

#464029 Jul 20, 2013
who="hojo"
OldJG wrote:
Many people struggle with uncertainty about their salvation. If you are facing this struggle, here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you be certain about your relationship to God.
Have you believed in Jesus Christ as the substitute for your sins and received him as your personal Savior?
The Bible says that this is the only requirement for salvation.
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).
Are you trusting feelings, rather than God's Word, for assurance of salvation?
The Bible says:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him (John 3:36).
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, he has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24).
Are you basing your salvation on what you do for God, instead of what God has done for you?
The Bible says that we can do nothing to earn our salvation. God, because of His grace, did all that needs to be done.
He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy (Titus 3:5a).
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).
The Bible says that we can know for certain that we have eternal life if we have believed in Jesus as our Savior!
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:11-13).
Evidences of the Christian Life
Belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died as the substitute for our sins is the only requirement for salvation. The following are not tests of our faith, because we cannot be good enough to merit God's salvation. We can be encouraged that we do have eternal life because God says so, because changes have taken place in our lives, because we want to share Christ with others, and because we desire to live lives that would be pleasing to God.
We know that we have eternal life because God says we do. God's Word tells us that we have eternal life if we have received Christ as our Savior.
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13).
We know that we have eternal life because changes have taken place in our lives since we became a Christian.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!(2 Corinthians 5:17).
These may be small changes. At first, they may not even be noticeable to others. But this verse tells us that positionally, we become a new person when we accept Christ and changes in our life are inevitable.
We know that we have eternal life because we want to share Christ with others.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile (Romans 1:16).
We know that we have eternal life because we want to live godly lives.
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say no to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age…(Titus 2:11-12).
http://christiananswers.net/home.html

Great post ..Thanks

hojo: YES!!! Great post-------for those who "don't know or refuse to know, accept and follow the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible!!!
Please read that post carefully. You have a adopted a group that leaves your salvation in doubt. Read what the Word says about it.

KayMarie

Quesnel, Canada

#464030 Jul 20, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You still do not give an alternative,
Yes I DO give an alternative. Leave ALL religion behind and try (on your own) to be as kind as human selfishness allows.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#464031 Jul 20, 2013
who="Clay "
Scripture is made useless when people install their own ideas on what the Apostles wrote about.
The Apostles did not teach sola fide, Martin Luther did. Therefore those verses that OldJg quoted may as well have not been written if folks are going to interpret the exact opposite teaching from it.
That's why I'm Catholic, Rose. We go with the Word of God, orally communicated to the people, and sometimes documented by the Disciples of the Apostles.
That's what gets you in trouble. It's as if you started listening to this forum, and expecting to know the truth about God. All kinds of dogmas being presented here, and you don't know the persons who are presenting them.
The Apostles and Prophets who wrote the Bible were known to walk with God/Jesus. You do not know the presenters of the 'oral opinions' of men 2,000 years ago. Their 'records' that you DO have now are written, they are no longer oral (unless you can talk with ghosts). And you have to trust the writings of some pretty questionable characters to accept those writings as 'scripture'.
KayMarie
Questionable characters? To whom are you referring? Never read a single thing they wrote have you Kay? And no, we don't accept their writings as scripture. But you accept your husband's opinon as scripture.

The Church fathers sat at the foot of the apostles and those they taught and expounded on scripture verses.

Your husband pastes scripture verses and expounds on them 2000 years after Christ, having never heard one spoken word from the apostles.

And he knows better than they did?

I think your sanity is questionable.

Quesnel, Canada

#464032 Jul 20, 2013
who="hojo"
OldJG wrote:
Many people struggle with uncertainty about their salvation. If you are facing this struggle, here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you be certain about your relationship to God.
If a person doesn't believe in a god, then a person won't be anxious about that word salvation.

I believe that if a creator does exist kindness is all that is necessary.

On the other hand, people such as you that believe they need to defend dogmas in order to appease the whims of a god are NOT kind, as the dogmas dictate the behavior.

You continually threaten me that I will go to hell.

That in my opinion is anything BUT kindness.

I am not in any religion ... and I wish nothing but the best for you.

So what has your religion done TO you "simply" because you allowed it to happen???

#464033 Jul 20, 2013
Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem,

the spirit of grace and

of supplications: and

they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and

they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and

shall be in bitterness for him,

as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zec 12:11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Zec 12:12 And the land shall mourn,

every family apart;

the family of the house of David apart, and

their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and

their wives apart;

Zec 12:13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and

their wives apart;

the family of Shimei apart, and

their wives apart;

Zec 12:14 All the families that remain,

every family apart, and their wives apart.

-----

Zec_14:12 And this shall be the plague

wherewith the LORD will smite all the people

that have fought against Jerusalem;

Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and

their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and

their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#464034 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Questionable characters? To whom are you referring? Never read a single thing they wrote have you Kay? And no, we don't accept their writings as scripture. But you accept your husband's opinon as scripture.
The Church fathers sat at the foot of the apostles and those they taught and expounded on scripture verses.
Your husband pastes scripture verses and expounds on them 2000 years after Christ, having never heard one spoken word from the apostles.
Ever hear of telephone..one person passes,things along..etc

You have breaks near as I can tell in your Spirit filled successors to PETER.
The CC Sadly follows bad leaders..for a time..git caught in politics ..monarchies..inquisition..had folks selling indulgences.

IF THAT GUY WAS IN ERROR was the money returned and the people who have it told they did nit really have the indulgence.

It's like buying carbon credits..so SOMEONE else can conserve. When you own mansions and fly on private jets..

Quesnel, Canada

#464035 Jul 20, 2013
As a child I took responsibility for assessing that there was something wrong with my mother's Lutheran beliefs AND my fathers Rosicrucian "Order"-beliefs in reincarnation.

I was too young and inexperienced to assess that maybe they were both simply indoctrinated by divided theology written by men with no more sense than door knobs.

Now I believe I understand why people fought over religion and to this day still right-fight often to their own deaths.

Theologians started the wars, and because they earn (often HIGH wages) for amassing pounds of literature ... they keep writing and preaching nonsense that stems ONLY from their own imaginations.

I can guarantee they won't catch me in their webs of lies any more.

I have outgrown any need for their CON-flicting lies.

#464036 Jul 20, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

The sanity of any person (such as yourself) that attempts to upstage God is questionable...

____

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

The above verses certainly make your religious system questionable

#464037 Jul 20, 2013
who="Clay "
So let me get this straight: you go straight to the 66 Books of your Bible, but ignore the 7 Books that Luther removed. Then you disregard what the Apostles communicated about those Books?
Why don't you and the OldGees just accept that Christ gives your graces when you pray, but you are no authority to preach the Word of God. Especially when its opposite of what the Apostles taught.

Clay...how could the Word we teach be opposite what the Apostles taught...WHEN WHAT WE TEACH IS WHAT THEY WROTE?

Are you saying that they were double-minded?

KayMarie

Quesnel, Canada

#464038 Jul 20, 2013
My guess is that many modern Pagans aren't aware that the one they honor as the "father of Wicca" was a homophobe ...(a man of his era) who believed that the goddess curses homosexuals.

It took the bi-sexual Alex Sanders to spin the religion off in another direction to where now they teach that the goddess loves everybody without condition.

You will only see the lies of the theologians that spin words as spiders spin webs when you open your mind to the possibility that you can be kind to others with ease if you set all that religion nonsense free so it no longer holds your minds in its bondage.

Been there ... done that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 24 min JESUS SAVES 10,083
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Mon nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web