Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688786 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463966 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no, God doesn't allow Christians to even point a gun at someone like this fellow did.
Did that false prophet that you claim was the best preacher you ever heard tell you that,LOL?

You need to find yourself a preacher that is actually anointed of God and not self appointed like this fella you claim is such a great preacher. If what you have been spouting here is an example of the great lessons he teaches then you have been short changed.

If you keep sparing with me though you're gonna be forced to learn something about Gods word if by nothing more than by default.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463967 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>apples and oranges.
the foretelling of what might occur in the future using the Word of God is called prophecy,
so murray wasn't giving us a weather report.lol.
like I said, compared to my RN wife, you are very stupid with little to no discernment of the truth
What? You're married? To a human? If that is true then tell your wife I said she has my deepest sympathy if she's married to you,LOL.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463968 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that was never a problem oxbore. Gods people love to hear the Gospel while you and old jg love to speak filth
News flash!!!! Sitting under a guy and ingesting all of his bodily solid waste, and hearing the Gospel, are two entirely different things!!!!!

If, as you say, "old jg" spoke filth...he would not be on this forum...

Question: Would the detailed telling of a couple having intercourse, as God intended, be considered filth???????

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463969 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>apples and oranges.
the foretelling of what might occur in the future using the Word of God is called prophecy,
so murray wasn't giving us a weather report.lol.
like I said, compared to my RN wife, you are very stupid with little to no discernment of the truth
And by the way,I know you don't know any better but I do so given the fact that sparing back and forth doesn't glorify God nor edify those that may read all this,I shall act like the man of God that I am and cease and desist with all this bickering. As I stated though you probably doesn't know any better,I was Spiritually and Biblically taught better than to lower myself to your level.

So if you like you may continue to take out your frustrations on my pastor and myself but I will not respond to the drivel any longer. And if you look upon this as a move that you won, more power to you. And Noah's flood was still NOT worldwide.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463970 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't allude to your sexual preference, I spoke of your intelligence or lack of it. lol
cant you read either?
Not only are you a phony...you are a liar...there is no reference in your words regards my intelligence or lack of it...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463971 Jul 20, 2013
Now back to discussing the flood of Noah that was NOT global but only regional. A poster came up with the weak idea that all that water if there had beena global flood went into the aquifers of the earth. That argument was weaker than water.

The water that would have been on the earth had there actually been a global flood was supposedly about 6 miles abpve the highest mountain. Given the fact that when the earth receives rainwater water from a constatnt rainfall,the earth becomes so saturated that it cannot soak up all that rain. So what happens? It starts flooding,river banks overflow etc, etc. Because the earth cannot soak up all that water even with the aquifers.

Now imagine enough water being on the earth that it reaches a height of 6 miles over the earth. There isn't enough aquifers on the entire to have soaked up water that reached a height of 6 miles over the entire earth.

It is so easy to demonstrate the folly of the Biblically illiterate when one uses a bit of reason. People we are supposed to worship God with reason,not with inane, made up suppositions that some try to add to Gods word.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463972 Jul 20, 2013
Now if I have made some of you angry with some of my teachings then you're really going to be boiling hot when I demonstrate from scripture that Jonathan and David may have had a homosexual relationship according to what the scriptures seem to demonstrate.

Eventually I shall post the lesson and let each person make up their own minds after considering the evidence that I shall present.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463975 Jul 20, 2013
Now why would David make the following statement about Jonathan comparing the love of Jonathan to the love of a woman..

http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...

Makes you go hmmm.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463976 Jul 20, 2013
Now read the following verse..

http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/1-samuel/...

I checked out this word "EXCEEDED" in the Hebrew and it means to ENLARGE or INCREASED. Now when a man is aroused doesn't his you know what increase in size or ENLARGES itself? Makes you go HMMMM. There was something freaky going on between David and Jonathan and even Jonathan's father Saul was aware of it because he called Jonathan the son of a perverse woman. I'm sure he wasn't really calling his wife, Jonathans mother perverse.

I thikn Saul was referring to Jonathan as being perverse for whgat he must have known was going on between Jonathan and David.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463977 Jul 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you a phony...you are a liar...there is no reference in your words regards my intelligence or lack of it...
oh, isn't there. well here it is again for you to ponder on.
Oxbow wrote:

<quoted text>
Next time don't sit under him...sit to his side....that way you will not ingest what he is putting out that is meant for the sewer!!!!!
what ever you say, Oxbore.

now go make plans to enter into your very own heaven or make room for tony, you two are just alike.

IGNORANT.

NOW WHAT PART OF THE WORD [IGNORANT] ARE YOU UNFAMILIAR WITH?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463978 Jul 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Now read the following verse..
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjva/1-samuel/...
I checked out this word "EXCEEDED" in the Hebrew and it means to ENLARGE or INCREASED. Now when a man is aroused doesn't his you know what increase in size or ENLARGES itself? Makes you go HMMMM. There was something freaky going on between David and Jonathan and even Jonathan's father Saul was aware of it because he called Jonathan the son of a perverse woman. I'm sure he wasn't really calling his wife, Jonathans mother perverse.
I thikn Saul was referring to Jonathan as being perverse for whgat he must have known was going on between Jonathan and David.
get your mind out of the gutter, a person that knows Hebrew also knows that word mean other things,

such as to do great things.lol

but in this instance, it meant that david CRIED MORE THAT HIS FRIEND JONATHAN. IF DAVID HAD ANY SEXUAL INTENT TOWARDS HIS BEST FRIEND. GOD WOULD NOT HAVE CALLED HIM A MAN AFTER HIS(GODS) OWN HEART.



King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David regained control.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463979 Jul 20, 2013
and the next verse indicates that this is not a homosexual get together.

And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, for as much as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and you, and between my seed and your seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#463980 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that was never a problem oxbore. Gods people love to hear the Gospel while you and old jg love to speak filth
Filth? Apparently our definition of the word is far different. Perhaps you should look around your own backyard before you pass judgment on mine. It would be greatly appreciated.

Your recent condemnation of me and several of my posts is based in part on a conversation you and I had regarding eternal security. You do not believe in eternal security. You believe satan has more power to TAKE us than the Lord has to KEEP us. One day you might understand what "in Chirst" really means. I thank God for his PROMISES everyday and trust Him to keep them. You on the other hand should ask yourself this question. Whom do you trust?
henry

Wünnenberg, Germany

#463981 Jul 20, 2013
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
The Roman Catholic Church is the biggest religious capitalist. "earned" by crimes.
henry

Wünnenberg, Germany

#463982 Jul 20, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,LOL. Every jack legged lying idiot thinks his so called preacher was the best that God ever called. Anytime you hear an idiot say their preacher was the best that ever preached I advise you to get as far away from that person as you possibly can.
Just Forget any Religion, it is a waste of life time. Science is the only real life.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#463983 Jul 20, 2013
Many people struggle with uncertainty about their salvation. If you are facing this struggle, here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you be certain about your relationship to God.

Have you believed in Jesus Christ as the substitute for your sins and received him as your personal Savior?

The Bible says that this is the only requirement for salvation.

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).

Are you trusting feelings, rather than God's Word, for assurance of salvation?

The Bible says:

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him (John 3:36).

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, he has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24).

Are you basing your salvation on what you do for God, instead of what God has done for you?

The Bible says that we can do nothing to earn our salvation. God, because of His grace, did all that needs to be done.

He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy (Titus 3:5a).

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).

The Bible says that we can know for certain that we have eternal life if we have believed in Jesus as our Savior!

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:11-13).

Evidences of the Christian Life

Belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died as the substitute for our sins is the only requirement for salvation. The following are not tests of our faith, because we cannot be good enough to merit God's salvation. We can be encouraged that we do have eternal life because God says so, because changes have taken place in our lives, because we want to share Christ with others, and because we desire to live lives that would be pleasing to God.

We know that we have eternal life because God says we do. God's Word tells us that we have eternal life if we have received Christ as our Savior.

I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13).

We know that we have eternal life because changes have taken place in our lives since we became a Christian.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!(2 Corinthians 5:17).

These may be small changes. At first, they may not even be noticeable to others. But this verse tells us that positionally, we become a new person when we accept Christ and changes in our life are inevitable.

We know that we have eternal life because we want to share Christ with others.

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile (Romans 1:16).

We know that we have eternal life because we want to live godly lives.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say no to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age…(Titus 2:11-12).

http://christiananswers.net/home.html

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463984 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>get real, tony. every Bible scholar agrees that Israel is where that big battle will take place not in Alaska or some where else.
the guy(murray) is mentally deranged and he attracts people like you who aint all there either. Lets face it, what man is going to pick a fat, bald man over Raquel Welch in her youth?
only a degenerate, with a very warped mindset. lets face facts. women arent called beautiful for nothing.lol
And the very name Armageddon comes,from the name if the place it will Occur

Megiddo...not Alaska

As bad or worse than those predicting the Rapture last year

Or that a small piece if wall predicted the end of the world by a,people who ..thoughtless..did not even predict the extinction of their own civilization.

That hag to be one of the most crazy things, their calendar ended on ONE PIECE of a wall..no telling what was,on OTHER walls long gone and buried!!!

People were running around afraid last December.

Jesus clearly said ONLY THE FATHER KNOWS

But that guy said HE knew...is he even a believer in God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463985 Jul 20, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is true that this garbage by murray is on TV but it isn't true in and of itself. just more lies from murrays father the devil.
I tuned in and turned off the filth rom that man over 30 years ago. he and gene scott were two peas in apod.
Never heard either of them but I certainly do not wish to.

And here I was,taking Tony as,serious or joking or something until He Came up wiTH that SATAN seed nonsense then ..thought thought ok he is an atheist spoofing us.

ELECT ?? Of what??

But to find out there are others,on tv no less,routing this,swill.

There are very few of the tv preachers,I wouldn't listen to anywAy .

But I think I'd remember if I heard one sentence from that quack you mentioned.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#463986 Jul 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Many people struggle with uncertainty about their salvation. If you are facing this struggle, here are some questions you can ask yourself to help you be certain about your relationship to God.
Have you believed in Jesus Christ as the substitute for your sins and received him as your personal Savior?
The Bible says that this is the only requirement for salvation.
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12).
Are you trusting feelings, rather than God's Word, for assurance of salvation?
The Bible says:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him (John 3:36).
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned, he has crossed over from death to life (John 5:24).
Are you basing your salvation on what you do for God, instead of what God has done for you?
The Bible says that we can do nothing to earn our salvation. God, because of His grace, did all that needs to be done.
He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy (Titus 3:5a).
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).
The Bible says that we can know for certain that we have eternal life if we have believed in Jesus as our Savior!
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:11-13).
Evidences of the Christian Life
Belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died as the substitute for our sins is the only requirement for salvation. The following are not tests of our faith, because we cannot be good enough to merit God's salvation. We can be encouraged that we do have eternal life because God says so, because changes have taken place in our lives, because we want to share Christ with others, and because we desire to live lives that would be pleasing to God.
We know that we have eternal life because God says we do. God's Word tells us that we have eternal life if we have received Christ as our Savior.
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13).
We know that we have eternal life because changes have taken place in our lives since we became a Christian.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!(2 Corinthians 5:17).
These may be small changes. At first, they may not even be noticeable to others. But this verse tells us that positionally, we become a new person when we accept Christ and changes in our life are inevitable.
We know that we have eternal life because we want to share Christ with others.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile (Romans 1:16).
We know that we have eternal life because we want to live godly lives.
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say no to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age…(Titus 2:11-12).
http://christiananswers.net/home.html
its unfortunate the Apostles decided not to explain their writings. The world had to wait 1900 yrs for the born again movement to teach that sola fide is what Christ realty willed.
lol.
Actually, its not funny that you created a false sense of spiritual security in this country and abroad.

Christ says, "He who endures til the end shall be saved"

Old Gee says, "Nope, I'm saved no matter what"
youtube

AOL

#463987 Jul 20, 2013
.

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage



.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web