Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591358 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463683 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ox
You are a least asking question about Jesus being GOD ..And I have no idea,why you are asking what we believe on this.
God is,TRIUNE...FATHER ..SON..SPIRIT
Jesus is the Son
I fully believed this from the age of about 5 or 6...nothing will ever change that belief...I have never argued against it..."God is,TRIUNE...FATHER ..SON..SPIRIT
Jesus is the Son"...

And as Scripture teaches, so do Catholics and the SBC, while on earth, He was the incarnate Son of God...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463684 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
One month you call gif a fraud and a liar, you say he has no calling from God, the next day you're buddies with him.
You're a flake, you don't know which way is up or down. Go back to your corner drug store/bible church and tell it to the sheeple.
Preston can read...and he is willing to adjust his direction when necessary.
What about you???
KayMarie
I'd give it another month or two and he'll be back at gif's throat. That's how unstable (and unlearned) her is.

Location hidden

#463685 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Biblical ignorance is ridiculous. What on Earth would possess you to think that every little detail of Christianity is spelled out in the Bible?
The Holy Scriptures were not given to us in verse verse verse in a set-form of instructions.
Try reading the Bible like it should be read.
btw, I think its hilarious that the two most vocal self proclaimed ministers (you and Confrinting with some of the word) are appearing to by united!!
You guys are so arrogant, you think we can't tell that you two would beat each other over the head with the Bible until only one of you is standing- if it was just you two in a room.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "perfect" "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "perfect" more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

The Bible is sufficient...So says the Sacred Word of God...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463686 Jul 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty disapointed in that Concert as they decided to play a different version of alot of songs. Don Felder the old Eagle was better.
I've heard that review before.
- "High" ticket prices for a "low" concert.

Location hidden

#463687 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>any time that you see ME mislead any person on what thus saith the Lord, let me know.
mz stupid.
I have withstood Oxbore and old jG for months while YOU CALLED THEM [BROTHERS]
You do so every time you you try to sell the swill "Christ is God"...

Prove me wrong....show me the Holy Trinity that teaches Christ is God the Father Almighty....

Albuquerque, NM

#463688 Jul 19, 2013
God appoints His own successors by the Holy Spirit.
Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, CHRIST JESUS;
Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that IS passed into the heavens, JESUS THE SON OF GOD, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the (HIS) throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Heb 7:6 But he (Melchizedek) whose descent is not counted from them (Levitical priests) received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
Heb 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
Heb 7:8 And HERE men that die receive tithes; but THERE (heaven) He receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he LIVES.
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who received tithes, paid tithes in Abraham.
Heb 7:10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchizedek met him.
Heb 7:11 IF THEREFORE PERFECTION WERE BY THE Levitical priesthood (OF SUCCESSION),(for under it the people received the law,) WHAT FURTHER NEED WAS THERE THAT ANOTHER PRIEST SHOULD RISE AFTER THE ORDER OF Melchizedek, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Heb 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertains to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
Heb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchizedek there arose another priest (Jesus, our High Priest),
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life (only Jesus).
Heb 7:17 For He testifies, Thou are a priest FOREVER after the order of Melchizedek.
Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
Heb 7:21 (For those priests...men...were made without an oath; but this...Jesus...with an oath by him that said unto him, "THE LORD SWORE AND WILL NOT REPENT, YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIDEZEK:)
Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety (guarantee) of a better testament.
Heb 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because THEY WERE NOT SUFFERED TO CONTINUE BY REASON OF DEATH:
Heb 7:24 But this man (JESUS), BECAUSE HE CONTINUES FOREVER, HAS AN UNCHANGEABLE PRIESTHOOD.
Heb 7:25 Wherefore HE is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God BY HIM, seeing HE EVER LIVES TO MAKE INTERCESSION FOR THEM.
Heb 7:26 For SUCH AN HIGH PRIEST, who IS HOLY, HARMLESS, UNDEFILED, SEPARATE FROM SINNERS, and MADE HIGHER THAN THE HEAVENS;
Heb 7:27 Who NEEDS NOT DAILY, AS THOSE high priests (mortal men), to offer up sacrifice, FIRST FOR HIS OWN SINS, AND THEN FOR THE PEOPLE'S: FOR THIS HE DID ONCE, WHEN HE OFFERED UP HIMSELF. Heb. 7:28 For the law makes men high priests WHICH HAVE INFIRMITY; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, makes THE SON Son (high priest), WHO IS CONSECRATED FOR EVERMORE.
HE IS OUR HIGH PRIEST, IMMORTAL. HE HASN'T GIVEN THAT POSITION TO ANY MORTAL MAN...AND GOD HAS NOT SWORN SUCH AN OATH TO ANY MORTAL MAN.
KayMarie
Bummer in that "He" didn't appoint you, as you have decided to use "Paul" instead of Jesus, in order to get Jesus' message across.

DOH!!

Albuquerque, NM

#463689 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Backsliding? Not at all. He is infallible. By the Church's definition of infallible. He is preserved from teaching doctrinal error by virtue of Christ's authority. Period. Amen.
We'll agree to disagree, basing that upon you believe the doctrine of men that has been put forth for you to believe.

Are you always this gullible?
disciple

Temecula, CA

#463690 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Every protestant according to you at one time or another on this board has been a fraud, a liar, a non-Christian, stupid, moron, ignorant, going straight to hell, etc.
No one should take anything you say seriously.
You lie!
We've been at odds and never has he told me I'm going to hell

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#463691 Jul 19, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Doing the protestant jig again preston.
Because admitting that St. Peter was in Rome would mean the Catholic position may be right you'd rather get caught with your pants down and not be able to explain why Babylon in Revelation is different than Babylon in 1 Peter. So now you throw up a diversion and try to link pagan Rome with the Church at Rome which was founded by Sts. Peter and Paul. There may be people observing this thread who are stupid enough to fall for it, by I ain't one of 'em.
Now again, explain to me why Babylon in Revelation must be different than Babylon in 1 Peter?

I Pet. simply says that there was a church at Babylon.

Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, IS FALLEN, and IS BECOME the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, MY PEOPLE, that ye BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER SINS, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
Rev 18:9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning...

God calls to HIS PEOPLE who are there to 'come out of her'...don't partake of her sins...don't receive her plagues...

KayMarie
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#463692 Jul 19, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Purgatory is somewhat alluded to in Maccabees,I wonder why it is never even alluded to or taught about in the New Testament.Surely Jesus would have warned His apostles and other disciples about that place,they most likely would have to go to before Heaven,to be purged of the dross we all acquire just living in this earth.
If the Catholics here would take the time to show us the reality of Purgatory in the New Testament,every where it brings it up,we of course would have no choice but to believe it does exist.UNTIL than we know that"It is appointed unto every man ONCE to die and than the Judgment."
Pad:

Purgation is a process, not a destination.

If you believe that after becoming a Christian, one is not able to sin, then there is no purgatory.(But I suspect most Christians on here, accept the fact that they have sinned(knowingly, or unknowingly) after becoming a Christian.)

If not, then to sin after becoming a Christian requires something more than just saying I am sorry to God. It requires one to purge the source of that sin, which to me, is an ongoing process while we are here on earth. We are constantly fighting against vices and turning to virtue.

If a Christian yields to vices during this life, then there must be some price..., being tried/purified by fire(by the Holy Spirit) in the life to come in heaven. Purgatory.

Albuquerque, NM

#463693 Jul 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

Can you prove "God" was involved?
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
Can you prove "God" was not involved?
I asked you first.

Besides, you are the one claiming only certain texts are inspired and others are not. I've disagreed and shown evidence to support my side of the discussion. So far all you have is spouted different opinions on what you think the reasons are.

So, unless you can provide a citation to the affect that "God" was involved, this discussion will continue.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof is in signs of the times, whenever they may be....
You need to face the question of why you eliminate God. Is it for ease..., simplicity..., necessity...?
So there is "proof" out there, but yet you fail to provide this proof.

You are starting to sound like fraudulent.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
If you accept that God was in the beginning, sustains, ends Creation, then a denial, means denial of existence....
It does? How so?

I disagree that you even know what "God" can or cannot do, AND what things "God" has done.

You'll have to do better than just voicing your opinion.

You do have something else, right?

Besides, you haven't given proof on anything you have stated as true, so why should I even believe what you say now?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#463694 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
YOU WROTE
I say Jesus got it right when He gave the keys to St. Peter. You say NO!, so it's YOU who thinks Jesus got it wrong.
~~~
HELL WOULD FREEZE OVER ....BEFORE ANY ONE CAN SAY THAT JESUS SAID
HE GAVE THE KEYS TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
PETER was exclusively sent to the circumcision...THE JEWS.
the keys belong to THE JEWS...
NOT TO THE GENTILE CHURCH....
That is EXACTLY what Jesus, said and did, in Matthew 16:19 "To YOU PETER (and only YOU) I give the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven". Jesus appointed "only Peter" to be HIS (Christs) earthly representative to lead HIS ONE (and only one)(Uiversa CAtholic Church) until HE returns for the second time. The same Church (Catholic) that Ignastis (in a letter)referred to as (CATHOLIC) in 070) AD....... In Matthew 16:16 Peter was the (ONLY ONE) who knew and acknowledged Jesus as the Son of God, when he said: "You are the Christ, the Messiah, the son of the living God!!...... It is here that Jesus "singled out" Peter,(specifically) calling Him Blessed! Furthermore---- Jesus said to Peter " I pray for you that you will give strength and guidance to your OTHER brother Apostles. There is "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT" that Peter was the ONLY APOSTLE that was given the "keys to the kingdom of heaven"........Based upon your (above) remarks, you can "put away" you tanning lotion and swim suit, Confrinting and pack your "long underwear and ice skates!!....... With the "drastic" change in temperature that you predicted---"You'll definitely need them"!!!

Location hidden

#463695 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it seems to me that LTM got out from under your umbrella(good thing 2) and speaks the truth.
The Word of God is a double edged sword, it cuts and divides people as it is meant to do.
Jesus spoke the word and people got angry because of it, but not ALL.
God called me and I am what I am. a Good Preacher but also a man that will stand for Him and His Word, NO MATTER WHAT. AND GOD REQUIRES NO MORE OF ME THAN THAT
as far as me being a dummy, I have forgot more about the Bible that you will ever know.
You were not called by God...you were called by: Charles Fox Parham and William Seymour were both Holiness Ministers and used by God to restore Pentecost to the Church.Pentecost was born out of the Holiness Movement.

This is the tripe you are trying to sell:

According to some Christian traditions, a second work of grace is a transforming interaction with God which may occur in the life of a Christian. The defining characteristics of this event are that it is separate from and subsequent to salvation (the first work of grace), and that it brings about significant changes in the life of the believer.

Pure nonsense: In the Holiness movement, the second work of grace is considered to be a cleansing from the tendency to commit sin, an experience called entire sanctification which leads to Christian perfection.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#463696 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad:
Purgation is a process, not a destination.
If you believe that after becoming a Christian, one is not able to sin, then there is no purgatory.(But I suspect most Christians on here, accept the fact that they have sinned(knowingly, or unknowingly) after becoming a Christian.)
If not, then to sin after becoming a Christian requires something more than just saying I am sorry to God. It requires one to purge the source of that sin, which to me, is an ongoing process while we are here on earth. We are constantly fighting against vices and turning to virtue.
If a Christian yields to vices during this life, then there must be some price..., being tried/purified by fire(by the Holy Spirit) in the life to come in heaven. Purgatory.
When Christ was on the Cross dying .HE TOOK every sin of else no one living after it could be bought and paid for ..Every sin ...all the HORRID perversion..COVERED BY HIS BLOOD.

If His blood is NOT sufficient..Why are we here..

If we sin ..And we do ..we must repent ..He alone forgives,US and washes us CLEAN..with His blood..

As far as the east is from the west ..so far far has he removed our transgressions from us.

NOW,IF WE SIN and hurt others..we must as well as possible make our peace with them ..so as nit go sin further.

And we may also have penalties here in earth from our sins..

BUT AGAIN the Blood was sufficient...it else why was HE SACRIFICED.

WHAT GOOD WAS IT ..IF NOT TO PAY OUR DEBT .

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463697 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to face the question of why you eliminate God.
You were a Catholic "earlier" than this following post, and according to you, you were earlier yet a Protestant.

You are dishonest, even to yourself.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one was never in the mainstream of religion, and instead searched the obscure. I still consider some forms of religion as relevant such as Buddhism(which doesn't require a god to worship) and some aspects of Hinduism(Shankara which is atheistic), as well as Jainism. Though I don't follow the latter two, Buddhism still sways me a bit....
Robert
http://www.topix.com/forum/post/reply

Location hidden

#463698 Jul 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty disapointed in that Concert as they decided to play a different version of alot of songs. Don Felder the old Eagle was better.
lol, ONE of the FEW times that you have ever spoke the truth.

joe walsh for Bernie Leedom. no way, jose!!

frey couldn't make it on his own, one of the few times that the whole was much better than the parts.

http://www.songlyrics.com/eagles/desperado-ly... (My favorite)
Human Being

Roanoke, LA

#463699 Jul 19, 2013
Can you prove "God" was involved?
<quoted text>
I asked you first.
Besides, you are the one claiming only certain texts are inspired and others are not. I've disagreed and shown evidence to support my side of the discussion. So far all you have is spouted different opinions on what you think the reasons are.
So, unless you can provide a citation to the affect that "God" was involved, this discussion will continue.
<quoted text>
So there is "proof" out there, but yet you fail to provide this proof.
You are starting to sound like fraudulent.
<quoted text>
It does? How so?
I disagree that you even know what "God" can or cannot do, AND what things "God" has done.
You'll have to do better than just voicing your opinion.
You do have something else, right?
Besides, you haven't given proof on anything you have stated as true, so why should I even believe what you say now?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

It all depends on wisdom.

If a person believes that faith is dependent on knowledge, then they will become more foolish, setting up false idols and beliefs. It will become a habit, until such time as one realizes their idols are dead.

Reality is the other way around. Knowledge is dependent on faith.
("Faith seeks knowledge." St. Anselm.), or,(Proverbs 15:14 "The heart of the intelligent seeketh knowledge, and the mouth of fools enjoy folly.")

So it would be silly of me to try and prove anything to anyone. One can deny the existence of faith(gravity) and jump off a high cliff. The result is of a foolish decision....death.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463700 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Although I am overgeneralizing, it is to keep it simple....Men are protectors, women are nurturers
Some men are nurturers, and some women are murderers.

Location hidden

#463701 Jul 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You do so every time you you try to sell the swill "Christ is God"...
Prove me wrong....show me the Holy Trinity that teaches Christ is God the Father Almighty....
so. you finally come out with what I HAVE KNOWN all along.

NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER SAID THAT JESUS WAS GOD THE FATHER AND YOU KNOW IT.

Location hidden

#463702 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you guys disregard the word of God that was given orally?
You got my curiosity...tell us the word of God that was given orally.

Tell us who He give it to...give us the names of all who were/are involved in making this known to you....from the first person God gave it to....down to yourself...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rick Santorum blasts Pope Francis as 'not credi... 3 hr Fehtolii 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Gee Tee 9,430
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 16
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 26
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... Mon L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Mon KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Mon pazuzu 68
More from around the web