Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,363
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463647 Jul 19, 2013
"It says right here in this scripture that what 'I' believe is RIGHT according to GOD, and what you believe is wrong according to God ... and so YOU don't know what you are talking about!!!"

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463648 Jul 19, 2013
(4 of 4) To demonstrate the time and work it would take to correct Dust Storms deceptive posts, my following posts are corrections of statements Dust Storm made in one post. I apologize. I want you to have the correct info re Church History but I do not have the time or the health to continue to correct the unending flow of untruths in Dust Storms posts.
Again my following posts are corrections of untruths contained in 1 post of Dust Storm.
==========
DUST STORM

Myth number 3 is that an Ecumenical Council, even if agreed upon by all the bishops, cannot be ratified without the approval of the laity.

Same goes for all the other Ecumenical Councils including and especially Chalcedon, which was rejected by the majority of Christians in Egypt, Ethiopia, Armenia, Syria, and Palestine. So, where was the mandate from the laity here?:-)

What about all the Westerners, and the Non-Chalcedonians? Why didn't "the people" of the West or the Orient refuse to agree with the non-Conciliar heresy? Aren't they anointed by the Spirit thru Baptism too? Or are only the "civilized Byzantines" given this charism?

TRUTH

Dust statement is that I lied when I said the East listened to the laity because the heretics were laity and the East did not listen and follow (the heretics) at the Council of Chalcedon

The mandate at Chalcedon was 2 schools of thought battling- Alexandria and Antioch Mr History. Antioch: Nestorius (3rd Council) Eutychus (accused of being a follower of Nestorius) And a heresy was proposed. Monophysitism. Christ is not fully human and fully divine.

Yes the Monos were laity- the people. They were heretics.

There were other laity as well. The other laity knew that this was not the faith as practiced down through the Centuries. The laity would not accept deviations from the Faith as handed down.

The Council and this laity that knew were in agreement. The Orthodox knew this meant the "NonChalcedonians" would leave the Church. Just a little compromise? No No No

By the way, when the Catholics "converted the barbarians" for years the Barbarians were allowed to keep their old Gods in addition to Catholicism. Charlemagme tinkered with the faith as well.The Catholics wanted the numbers and the protection.

They got this and when the Pope was subject of an assassination attempt he ran to Charlemagne. King of Barbarian Franks. The Pope declared Charlemagne Emperor.

Tit for Tat. The Catholic Church got protection and power. Charlemagne got the Church's blessing which helped with the people.The faith was compromised for numbers.

Where the Catholics would have absorbed the Monophysites cause they are so proud of their numbers the Orthos would not compromise the faith.The faith that was always believed.

Catholics would have absorbed them through some sort of invention or doublespeak. Apparently you are ok believing that was not fully an divine/ fully human.

Bring them into your church. More numbers
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#463649 Jul 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know why you are LOLing all over the place.I read comments from his laity.I spoke to other Orthodox brothers about him. his comments,his credibility and his standing. Re "excommunicating him" again you display no understanding of Orthodoxy, its history, or its government. The Orthodox try to work through issues and heal wounds.They will take the time to try a Christian solution. You would know this if you were knowledgeable re Orthodoxy. Your comments are a dead give away. Go LOL sme more and honk the Popemobile horn.
The Arians checked with the laity, the Monophytes, Nestorians,iconoclasts and and on. While you are at it the Patriarch of Moscow does not recognize an autocepholous church approved by Bartholemew. So nothing they say has any value whatsoever, but they can be like you and really dont have to listen to the Patriarch or Bishop if you disagree based on your own decisions of your research. Phillip is in a recongized church and no you didnt answer his statement. COuncils refuted heresy and all the councils were approved by the Successor of Peter. Most of the Eastern Bishops went to Arianism. With your method true Orthodoxy is Arianism. The Church is not a bunch of Ethinic groups or territories or Nationalism. It is the truth of the word of God with the full deposit of faith. It isnt now nor was it ever a laity vote on what the truth is.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463650 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"HELL WOULD FREEZE OVER..."
You'll know soon enough.
Allah be praised!

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The state of the Hell of Zamhareer is a suffering of extreme coldness, of blizzards and freeze ... These winds, these extremes of temperatures, this ice and snow are signs amongst the signs of Allaah.

http://www.crescentyouth.com/board/showthread ...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463651 Jul 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"HELL WOULD FREEZE OVER..."
You'll know soon enough.
"Hell Froze Over" when the Eagles toured in 1994.

:o)

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463652 Jul 19, 2013
Theologians must have been laughing at the thought of idiots fighting over their words and all the while bragging that the words were giving them truth.

But what the heck ... writing theological nonsensical gibberish into books and proclaiming that words came from gods was a living, and often a handsome living at that.

For instance, being a right-handed man with a pen that played word-games with a pope resulted in huge rewards.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#463653 Jul 19, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
Jesus appointed St. Peter. St. Peter appointed a successor, he appointed successors. It contiunues to this very day.
You picked up a KJV and appointed yourself.
Not even close.

God appoints His own successors by the Holy Spirit.

Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, CHRIST JESUS;

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that IS passed into the heavens, JESUS THE SON OF GOD, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the (HIS) throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Heb 7:6 But he (Melchizedek) whose descent is not counted from them (Levitical priests) received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
Heb 7:7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
Heb 7:8 And HERE men that die receive tithes; but THERE (heaven) He receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he LIVES.
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who received tithes, paid tithes in Abraham.
Heb 7:10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchizedek met him.
Heb 7:11 IF THEREFORE PERFECTION WERE BY THE Levitical priesthood (OF SUCCESSION),(for under it the people received the law,) WHAT FURTHER NEED WAS THERE THAT ANOTHER PRIEST SHOULD RISE AFTER THE ORDER OF Melchizedek, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Heb 7:13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertains to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
Heb 7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
Heb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchizedek there arose another priest (Jesus, our High Priest),
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life (only Jesus).
Heb 7:17 For He testifies, Thou are a priest FOREVER after the order of Melchizedek.
Heb 7:18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
Heb 7:21 (For those priests...men...were made without an oath; but this...Jesus...with an oath by him that said unto him, "THE LORD SWORE AND WILL NOT REPENT, YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIDEZEK:)
Heb 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety (guarantee) of a better testament.
Heb 7:23 And they truly were many priests, because THEY WERE NOT SUFFERED TO CONTINUE BY REASON OF DEATH:
Heb 7:24 But this man (JESUS), BECAUSE HE CONTINUES FOREVER, HAS AN UNCHANGEABLE PRIESTHOOD.
Heb 7:25 Wherefore HE is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God BY HIM, seeing HE EVER LIVES TO MAKE INTERCESSION FOR THEM.
Heb 7:26 For SUCH AN HIGH PRIEST, who IS HOLY, HARMLESS, UNDEFILED, SEPARATE FROM SINNERS, and MADE HIGHER THAN THE HEAVENS;
Heb 7:27 Who NEEDS NOT DAILY, AS THOSE high priests (mortal men), to offer up sacrifice, FIRST FOR HIS OWN SINS, AND THEN FOR THE PEOPLE'S: FOR THIS HE DID ONCE, WHEN HE OFFERED UP HIMSELF. Heb. 7:28 For the law makes men high priests WHICH HAVE INFIRMITY; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, makes THE SON Son (high priest), WHO IS CONSECRATED FOR EVERMORE.

HE IS OUR HIGH PRIEST, IMMORTAL. HE HASN'T GIVEN THAT POSITION TO ANY MORTAL MAN...AND GOD HAS NOT SWORN SUCH AN OATH TO ANY MORTAL MAN.

KayMarie

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463654 Jul 19, 2013
Followers are certain this idiot is a theologian ... and because of the idiot-followers, he's a very wealthy man indeed.

His "helpers" don't seem very impressed.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463655 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>that is a lie Anthony. Jesus never [appointed] peter as any type of pope.
HE [CALLED] HIM TO PREACH THE WORD. NOT TO BE MIXED UP WITH THE SCANDLEOUS LIFESTYLE THAT YOUR CHURCH IS INFAMOUS FOR.
DEAL WITH IT!
and to help you, I can refute anything that you say about your church since it stinks to high heavens
One month you call gif a fraud and a liar, you say he has no calling from God, the next day you're buddies with him.

You're a flake, you don't know which way is up or down. Go back to your corner drug store/bible church and tell it to the sheeple.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463656 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
God appoints His own successors by the Holy Spirit.
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#463657 Jul 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hell Froze Over" when the Eagles toured in 1994.
:o)
I was pretty disapointed in that Concert as they decided to play a different version of alot of songs. Don Felder the old Eagle was better.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463658 Jul 19, 2013
I must in deed BE a holy spirit, as I also can quote "god's" scriptures.

Tongue in cheek
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed.(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die.(Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death.(Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death.(Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed.(Leviticus 20:15-16).

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.(Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.(Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community.(Leviticus 24:14-16)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463659 Jul 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Backsliding?
Wait a minute!!
You either believe he is infallible or not. It has nothing to do with the so-called "Church" - which are - in your own words, is made up by 'priests and bishops'- which is other men.
So now you are saying men can place infallibility upon whom they choose?
So where does that leave you with your belief?
- You believe because other men told you to believe this?
Backsliding? Not at all. He is infallible. By the Church's definition of infallible. He is preserved from teaching doctrinal error by virtue of Christ's authority. Period. Amen.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463660 Jul 19, 2013
I've had "Christians try to impress on me that those nasty scriptures came from the old testament.

Well ... that god of the old testament was supposedly the "original" god ... before the Christians and Muslims converted him from his faith of Judaism to Islam AND Christianity.

Wake up people ... or not ... the onus is on you.

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463661 Jul 19, 2013
Now that we all know I've been called by the original Abrahamic god to preach his truth ... look out below. I'm on a ROLL ... so hang on to your wallets.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Myths and Myth-Makers Old Tales And Superstitions By Comparative Mythology John Fiske

According to the ancient Jew, the sky was a solid plate, hammered out by the gods, and spread over the earth in order to keep up the ocean overhead: but the plate was full of little windows, which were opened whenever it became necessary to let the rain come through.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463662 Jul 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Here is the Metropolitan Phillip that is the SOURCE of the quote disparaging the Ortho Church. Basically he is a rogue Orthodox Metropolitan who is an ecumenalist that favors the Papal Monarchal form of Church government.
Research on Metro Phillip indicated many of his own people have reported that he refuses to listen to his former chancellors, he refuses to listen to his Brother Bishops on the Local Synod.
He refuses to be accountable to the Holy Synod. They describe him as a a tyrant and a bully.( He will probably be getting the boot although the Orthodox Church always will take the time to try to work it through)
One quote: "Instead of an American church which must be conciliar we see a structure that rivals the medieval papacy of the Roman church." Instead of an eye towards all of America we see a Bishop playing to a small ethnic club. Instead of a gentle Shepherd we see a promoter of self, a propagandist, a businessman, and sometimes a thug"
Antiochian magazine some in 1982 (or so) contained picture of Metropolitan Philip dressed in a cowboy suit, complete with bandana and six- with a six-shooter pointed at the reader, with the inscription "Pay your diocesan assessment, or else," or something similar."
The knowledgeable Orthodox I spoke to re Metropolitan Phillip describe his view as not alligned with Orthodoxy and that is a polite way of putting it.
I posted this to John, but I guess that was far enough back that he can post Metro Phillip's comments again and others may have missed my clarifying Metro Phillip's lack of any credibility.
Thats the Cath style here. Just be aware. And Anthony, who at first I thought was different, has the same stripes.
"Thats the Cath style here. Just be aware. And Anthony, who at first I thought was different, has the same stripes."

So I guess your statement that you don't get upset if anyone criticizes your Church is not necessarily correct.

I have been very nice to you. I've been very supportive of the truths in Orthodoxy, admire your liturgy and your people. I haven't called you any names, haven't insulted you in any way, all I've done is pointed out some of the discrepancies in your statements. In return you tell me I'm a waste of time, pointless to talk to and a typical Catholic bully.

Maybe it's your stripes that are coming out?

Fort Saint James, Canada

#463663 Jul 19, 2013
You see the farther back we go ... the closer we get to the truth of the one and only god in the sky.

God wanted Jews to be polygamous. It was written, so it is sure to be the truth from the one and only god.

Sarcasm intended.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Discovery Channel

Polygyny, the most common form of polygamy, describes when a man has multiple wives at the same time. In plural marriages of this kind, the men frequently father dozens of children, because they're able to impregnate their many wives at the same time.

The practice dates back to Biblical times. Ancient Jewish doctrines encouraged polygyny because Jews were a minority, and they could reproduce more rapidly. Today, some orthodox Jewish sects continue to support polygyny, and some believe the Talmud even encourages it.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/what -...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#463664 Jul 19, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The Greeks and Italians have so much in common,you could easily pass for one of my relatives HS.How are you doing? If that photo of you is recent,you look really good. I know you went through a horrible physical bout,but now are back on your feet.GREAT!
I have to go under the knife again,it will be my fourth surgery,in the same area.I must have weak abdominal muscles,have a hernia.My first was a twisted bowel,than a hernia,the third was scar tissue choking the bowel,now again a second hernia,this one is bulging out quite a bit,very noticeable.Believe me I am tired of being a patient,but than again it does teach patience.Have so much to overcome mentally,but that is really the greatest asset I have in Christ,is to go to Him in prayer,He does answer,and l e a d by His most powerful Hand,and like a Shepherd!
When I ever get to that point of feeling sorry for myself,I think of the thousands of children in cancer units,and the many who suffer with no limbs.So many of our young beautiful soldiers are coming back with no legs,arms and or one leg and so on.It is so sad,but we are made confident by the way so many rise above their own circunstances and live with the malady incurred with HOPE and a positive VISION.Good seeing you look happy with a smile!
PAD

SO SORRY to hear of your many problems.

May I make a suggestion..besides the obvious if giving it to Jesus.

AFTER YOUR SURGERY AND HEALING.

Ask your doctor about therapy called myofascial release.

I have awful scar tissue. From major abdominal surgery back in the eighties.

Have had obstruction bouts ..had surgery ..emergency after other things failed.
They do not like to go in to remove scar tissue as it causes MORE.

after my surgery for obstruction. Went to PT for it ..IT helps break up the scar tissue.

I can do it sometimes myself.

Several years later ..recently while getting PAIN treatment on my back .
The massage therapist did it for me again in the area if my schedule a 're and soeus muscle ..it really help

Here are a few site.

Some do it soft ..But the harder approach is better ...discuss with your doc.

THERe are PAIN centers now by doctors ..NOT PILL milks but ACTUAl

Therapy centers. And NOT all therapists are trained.
Massage therapy if done right works !!! It's a God send

And may actually prevent further surgery ...especially if you can break up scar tissue ..
Anyway evidently a lot about it on the net .

I go to a non surgical orthopedic center ..I'd ask around. If your doc says your ok for it :)

http://myofascialrelease.com/about/

Some videos

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

Anyway GOD KEEP you safely in the Palm of His hand
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463665 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I did not wish to tell you so, because I knew that you would find out what type of person that Anthony really was.
to err from what the Bible teaches , is not what Christianity is all about.
Every protestant according to you at one time or another on this board has been a fraud, a liar, a non-Christian, stupid, moron, ignorant, going straight to hell, etc.

No one should take anything you say seriously.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#463666 Jul 19, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
One month you call gif a fraud and a liar, you say he has no calling from God, the next day you're buddies with him.
You're a flake, you don't know which way is up or down. Go back to your corner drug store/bible church and tell it to the sheeple.

Preston can read...and he is willing to adjust his direction when necessary.

What about you???

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,718
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 7 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 2
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web