Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687387 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463883 Jul 19, 2013
An intelligent person would be able to see that logistically what would have been required for all that would have been necessary to prepare for a worldwide flood would have been MPOSSIBLE for only eight souls to have carried out. Christians are not known for their ability of actual thinking are they,LOL?

And the size of the ship/ark would not have been able to fit every animal (by twos and by sevens),bird, insect ect, etc as well as their food etc, etc onto. That number of animals wont'fit onto one of todays modern ships given the fact that many of todays ships are much bigger than the ark and scientists have concluded than that number of animals would not all fit on one of todays ships.

Think people for a change.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463884 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>The flood was NOT,I repeat..WAS NOT worldwide and everything was not destroyed. Only a certain area was effected by the flood of Noah. Yes many Christians mistakenly believe that the flood was worldwide but it wasn't. The events surrounding the flood of Noah is just yet another of those Bible stories that Christians misunderstand.
using the Bible, could you tell us what part of the Earth was not affected? surely murray has told you this in the past, correct?

And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

and this verse proves that you know nothing about the Bible or are just plain ignorant(I choose both).

But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the [whole earth]: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463885 Jul 19, 2013
A moment's thought by anyone, including Christians, shows fallacy of suggesting that the Genesis Flood was local. In the first place Noah would of been a fool to spend over a century building a huge vessel for animals who would have moved out of the area before the Flood. The Ark was an impressive size of 300 cubits (450 feet) x 50 cubits (75 feet) x 30 cubits (45 feet)(Genesis 6:15). The Ark had 3 decks divided into rooms, a window, and a door set in the side (Genesis 6:16). The Ark did not look like a sailing ship with masts or any modern ship we have today. But instead it was rectangular in shape and no doubt look much like a covered barge. It had a capacity of 1,500,000 cubic feet and had a displacement of over 43,000 tons which would almost make it equal in capacity to the ill-fated Titanic of one hundred years ago. The Titanic sank in 1912 when it hit an iceberg. The sheer massiveness of the Ark is almost enough to stagger the imagination. Little wonder it took Noah and his son's over a century to build it. Noah's construction of such a boat is one of most heroic acts of faith the world has ever seen. Secondly, the remaining areas of the world would contain many more of the same animals and wicked people and thus negate the purpose for the Ark if the flood was local. Finally, Jesus and Peter acknowledged Noah and the Genesis Flood (Matthew 24:37-38) and (2 Peter 3:3-6). Nevertheless, the "local flood theory" is essential for individuals and Churches that have adopted Darwin's theory of evolution. Noah's Flood was God judgment for the violence that filled the earth (Genesis 6:11-13,17).http://www.examine r.com/article/noah-s-flood-was -neither-local-or-tranquil-but -a-global-cataclysmic-event.

these words in this article fit the description perfectly in what the Bible Records
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#463886 Jul 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You were never a "true" Protestant. A "true" Protestant would never go back to the lying murdering barbaric perverted Roman Catholic cult you so worship.
Your former Protestant church no doubt threw a party at your departure. LOL
Bible only Protestantism is only "half-truth" Christianity,(at best)!! Luther started it all be rejecting 7 books of the Bible. Zwingli followed by REJECTING the TRUTH of the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD) in John 6:47-59. Then Later Theologians REJECTED the TRUTH of Matthew 16:13-21 and 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church. And now you bible only "fundies" with your 42,000 contradicting" self opinionated" hodge-podge of denominations, pass out "more whoppers" than Burger King!! The fact is that many of my former Protestant brothers and sisters in Christ, have also left the "chaos and confusion" that has infected their bible only Church and have come to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church. We call it "coming to our senses" like the Prodigal Son did in Luke 15:11.....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463887 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>using the Bible, could you tell us what part of the Earth was not affected? surely murray has told you this in the past, correct?
And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
and this verse proves that you know nothing about the Bible or are just plain ignorant(I choose both).
But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the [whole earth]: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
Oh that entire region was affected but NOT THE WHOLE WORLD. I knew one of you was gonna quote some scripture that you totally butchered out of context. When the scriptures says the whole earth, that was a figure of speech. It didn't really mean the whole earth any more than it meant that Caesar sent out a decree that ALL THE WORLD should be taxed. Well Caesar didn't rule ALL THE WORLD. It was a figure of speech when it stated that he sent out a decree that ALL the world should be taxed.

As I stated Christians aren't known for their ability to think and reason.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463889 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I meant to post this for you but somehow I posted it on Seraphima's post.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...
I don't study the bible. Been there, done that. From my perspective it's a book of idiocy written by idiots as are all supposed "holy" books.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463890 Jul 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about "seeing" it...but I think I may have "smelled" it.
Hahahahahaha

“If you gave [Jerry] Falwell an enema he could be buried in a matchbox.”

Christopher Hitchens
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463891 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I knew one of you was gonna quote some scripture that you totally butchered out of context.
Scripture butcherers come at ya from all angles when ya least expect it.

:)
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#463892 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that entire region was affected but NOT THE WHOLE WORLD. I knew one of you was gonna quote some scripture that you totally butchered out of context. When the scriptures says the whole earth, that was a figure of speech. It didn't really mean the whole earth any more than it meant that Caesar sent out a decree that ALL THE WORLD should be taxed. Well Caesar didn't rule ALL THE WORLD. It was a figure of speech when it stated that he sent out a decree that ALL the world should be taxed.
As I stated Christians aren't known for their ability to think and reason.
Hook up with June.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463893 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>using the Bible, could you tell us what part of the Earth was not affected? surely murray has told you this in the past, correct?
And the waters came from within the earth..the fountains from below which caused great upheaval in the very earth itself.

This explains to me anyway a whole lot of those archeological finds that evolutionists use to say the earth is so old ..

How can layers even be assessed when one looks at this huge upheaval

http://biblecommenter.com/genesis/7-11.htm

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/too...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463894 Jul 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible only Protestantism is only "half-truth" Christianity,(at best)!!
The Catholics rejected that the old testament was the whole truth. And the Jews that compiled the data in the old testament rejected other books that came before as not being based on truth ... and on and on back through history it goes.

My guess is the future will bring even more divisions, as the modern Pagans take their religion off in split-apart groups that teach countless different slants on religion.

And so it goes......

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463895 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
A moment's thought by anyone, including Christians, shows fallacy of suggesting that the Genesis Flood was local. In the first place Noah would of been a fool to spend over a century building a huge vessel for animals who would have moved out of the area before the Flood. The Ark was an impressive size of 300 cubits (450 feet) x 50 cubits (75 feet) x 30 cubits (45 feet)(Genesis 6:15). The Ark had 3 decks divided into rooms, a window, and a door set in the side (Genesis 6:16). The Ark did not look like a sailing ship with masts or any modern ship we have today. But instead it was rectangular in shape and no doubt look much like a covered barge. It had a capacity of 1,500,000 cubic feet and had a displacement of over 43,000 tons which would almost make it equal in capacity to the ill-fated Titanic of one hundred years ago. The Titanic sank in 1912 when it hit an iceberg. The sheer massiveness of the Ark is almost enough to stagger the imagination. Little wonder it took Noah and his son's over a century to build it. Noah's construction of such a boat is one of most heroic acts of faith the world has ever seen. Secondly, the remaining areas of the world would contain many more of the same animals and wicked people and thus negate the purpose for the Ark if the flood was local. Finally, Jesus and Peter acknowledged Noah and the Genesis Flood (Matthew 24:37-38) and (2 Peter 3:3-6). Nevertheless, the "local flood theory" is essential for individuals and Churches that have adopted Darwin's theory of evolution. Noah's Flood was God judgment for the violence that filled the earth (Genesis 6:11-13,17).http://www.examine r.com/article/noah-s-flood-was -neither-local-or-tranquil-but -a-global-cataclysmic-event.
these words in this article fit the description perfectly in what the Bible Records
You're still NOT thinking. How did only eight souls care for the number of species that would have been on that boat had the flood story happen the way misled Christians think it did,FEEDING THEM EVERYDAY, etc,etc.

http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0934288.html

Logistically it would have been impossible for only 8 souls to have carried out. Now make another false statement and say that God sent angels to care for and feed the animals ,LOL.

And those animals that require cold weather in order to survive, what did they do on that ark given the warm climate in that region? And just what did the carnivores eat,the other animals,LOL.

To think the flood was worldwide as opposed to regional is sheer lunacy.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463896 Jul 19, 2013
Considering that religious teaching go back at least 50,000 years (according to archeologists)... and probably a lot longer ... humans have not accomplished a darn thing by preaching words from their religions. The right-fighters are still right-fighting and creating yet more and more divisions.

Religion is NOT good.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463897 Jul 19, 2013
Noah's flood was NOT worldwide.

http://emahiser.christogenea.org/Comparet1%20...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463898 Jul 19, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Hook up with June.
No thanks!

If I had to live with any of you religious preachers, your lives would be in danger, as I would probably stuff the bible where the sun doesn't shine.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463899 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>so. you finally come out with what I HAVE KNOWN all along.
NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER SAID THAT JESUS WAS GOD THE FATHER AND YOU KNOW IT.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since I am several times smarter than you are.
I believe that He is God and was God in His[ Surrogate] mothers womb. it became Biological after a few days.
wanna argue with me, Bring your Masters Degree in Biology with you.lol

FYI:

GOD: This name, the derivation of which is uncertain, we give to that eternal, infinite, perfect, and incomprehensible Being, the Creator of all things, who preserves and governs all by his almighty power and wisdom, and is the only proper object of worship.

If, as you are saying, God the Father Almighty, and God, are two different Gods, then this is dead wrong: Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

You were not called by God the Father Almighty.....but was called by God?????!!!!! Really!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463900 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're still NOT thinking. How did only eight souls care for the number of species that would have been on that boat had the flood story happen the way misled Christians think it did,FEEDING THEM EVERYDAY, etc,etc.

The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Ark

Even pious scholars have boggled at the myth of Noah’s ark because of its sheer absurdity. Excluding species that can live in fresh or salt water, the ark would have had to house 7000 species of worms, 80,000 species of mollusks, 30,000 species of crustaceans, 50,000 species of arachnids, 900,000 species of insects, 2,500 species of amphibians, 6,000 species of reptiles, 8,600 species of birds, and 3,500 species of mammals, plus food for one and all. The only vessel truly capable of holding all this is Spaceship Earth.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463901 Jul 19, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Noah's flood was NOT worldwide.
http://emahiser.christogenea.org/Comparet1%20...
The flood-myth was told in many cultures before Christianity existed.

It was simply a re-warmed myth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463902 Jul 19, 2013
Now watch this folks. I'm gonna further demonstrate how Christians don't have the ability to think and REASON. If the flood of Noah was global,and the water rose over the entire earth for about a height of 6 miles over the entire WHOLE earth..........WHERE DID ALL THAT WATER GO? It can't recede from off the earth into the oceans given the fact that if the water even rose from the oceans to a height of supposedly about 6 miles high over the entire earth, WHERE DID ALL THAT WATER GO?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#463903 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Ark
Even pious scholars have boggled at the myth of Noah’s ark because of its sheer absurdity. Excluding species that can live in fresh or salt water, the ark would have had to house 7000 species of worms, 80,000 species of mollusks, 30,000 species of crustaceans, 50,000 species of arachnids, 900,000 species of insects, 2,500 species of amphibians, 6,000 species of reptiles, 8,600 species of birds, and 3,500 species of mammals, plus food for one and all. The only vessel truly capable of holding all this is Spaceship Earth.
But you can't get Christians to comprehend this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web