Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670444 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#463694 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
YOU WROTE
I say Jesus got it right when He gave the keys to St. Peter. You say NO!, so it's YOU who thinks Jesus got it wrong.
~~~
HELL WOULD FREEZE OVER ....BEFORE ANY ONE CAN SAY THAT JESUS SAID
HE GAVE THE KEYS TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...
PETER was exclusively sent to the circumcision...THE JEWS.
the keys belong to THE JEWS...
NOT TO THE GENTILE CHURCH....
That is EXACTLY what Jesus, said and did, in Matthew 16:19 "To YOU PETER (and only YOU) I give the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven". Jesus appointed "only Peter" to be HIS (Christs) earthly representative to lead HIS ONE (and only one)(Uiversa CAtholic Church) until HE returns for the second time. The same Church (Catholic) that Ignastis (in a letter)referred to as (CATHOLIC) in 070) AD....... In Matthew 16:16 Peter was the (ONLY ONE) who knew and acknowledged Jesus as the Son of God, when he said: "You are the Christ, the Messiah, the son of the living God!!...... It is here that Jesus "singled out" Peter,(specifically) calling Him Blessed! Furthermore---- Jesus said to Peter " I pray for you that you will give strength and guidance to your OTHER brother Apostles. There is "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT" that Peter was the ONLY APOSTLE that was given the "keys to the kingdom of heaven"........Based upon your (above) remarks, you can "put away" you tanning lotion and swim suit, Confrinting and pack your "long underwear and ice skates!!....... With the "drastic" change in temperature that you predicted---"You'll definitely need them"!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463695 Jul 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it seems to me that LTM got out from under your umbrella(good thing 2) and speaks the truth.
The Word of God is a double edged sword, it cuts and divides people as it is meant to do.
Jesus spoke the word and people got angry because of it, but not ALL.
God called me and I am what I am. a Good Preacher but also a man that will stand for Him and His Word, NO MATTER WHAT. AND GOD REQUIRES NO MORE OF ME THAN THAT
as far as me being a dummy, I have forgot more about the Bible that you will ever know.
You were not called by God...you were called by: Charles Fox Parham and William Seymour were both Holiness Ministers and used by God to restore Pentecost to the Church.Pentecost was born out of the Holiness Movement.

This is the tripe you are trying to sell:

According to some Christian traditions, a second work of grace is a transforming interaction with God which may occur in the life of a Christian. The defining characteristics of this event are that it is separate from and subsequent to salvation (the first work of grace), and that it brings about significant changes in the life of the believer.

Pure nonsense: In the Holiness movement, the second work of grace is considered to be a cleansing from the tendency to commit sin, an experience called entire sanctification which leads to Christian perfection.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463696 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad:
Purgation is a process, not a destination.
If you believe that after becoming a Christian, one is not able to sin, then there is no purgatory.(But I suspect most Christians on here, accept the fact that they have sinned(knowingly, or unknowingly) after becoming a Christian.)
If not, then to sin after becoming a Christian requires something more than just saying I am sorry to God. It requires one to purge the source of that sin, which to me, is an ongoing process while we are here on earth. We are constantly fighting against vices and turning to virtue.
If a Christian yields to vices during this life, then there must be some price..., being tried/purified by fire(by the Holy Spirit) in the life to come in heaven. Purgatory.
When Christ was on the Cross dying .HE TOOK every sin of else no one living after it could be bought and paid for ..Every sin ...all the HORRID perversion..COVERED BY HIS BLOOD.

If His blood is NOT sufficient..Why are we here..

If we sin ..And we do ..we must repent ..He alone forgives,US and washes us CLEAN..with His blood..

As far as the east is from the west ..so far far has he removed our transgressions from us.

NOW,IF WE SIN and hurt others..we must as well as possible make our peace with them ..so as nit go sin further.

And we may also have penalties here in earth from our sins..

BUT AGAIN the Blood was sufficient...it else why was HE SACRIFICED.

WHAT GOOD WAS IT ..IF NOT TO PAY OUR DEBT .

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463697 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to face the question of why you eliminate God.
You were a Catholic "earlier" than this following post, and according to you, you were earlier yet a Protestant.

You are dishonest, even to yourself.
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one was never in the mainstream of religion, and instead searched the obscure. I still consider some forms of religion as relevant such as Buddhism(which doesn't require a god to worship) and some aspects of Hinduism(Shankara which is atheistic), as well as Jainism. Though I don't follow the latter two, Buddhism still sways me a bit....
Robert
http://www.topix.com/forum/post/reply

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463698 Jul 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty disapointed in that Concert as they decided to play a different version of alot of songs. Don Felder the old Eagle was better.
lol, ONE of the FEW times that you have ever spoke the truth.

joe walsh for Bernie Leedom. no way, jose!!

frey couldn't make it on his own, one of the few times that the whole was much better than the parts.

http://www.songlyrics.com/eagles/desperado-ly... (My favorite)
Human Being

Elton, LA

#463699 Jul 19, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Can you prove "God" was involved?
<quoted text>
I asked you first.
Besides, you are the one claiming only certain texts are inspired and others are not. I've disagreed and shown evidence to support my side of the discussion. So far all you have is spouted different opinions on what you think the reasons are.
So, unless you can provide a citation to the affect that "God" was involved, this discussion will continue.
<quoted text>
So there is "proof" out there, but yet you fail to provide this proof.
You are starting to sound like fraudulent.
<quoted text>
It does? How so?
I disagree that you even know what "God" can or cannot do, AND what things "God" has done.
You'll have to do better than just voicing your opinion.
You do have something else, right?
Besides, you haven't given proof on anything you have stated as true, so why should I even believe what you say now?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

It all depends on wisdom.

If a person believes that faith is dependent on knowledge, then they will become more foolish, setting up false idols and beliefs. It will become a habit, until such time as one realizes their idols are dead.

Reality is the other way around. Knowledge is dependent on faith.
("Faith seeks knowledge." St. Anselm.), or,(Proverbs 15:14 "The heart of the intelligent seeketh knowledge, and the mouth of fools enjoy folly.")

So it would be silly of me to try and prove anything to anyone. One can deny the existence of faith(gravity) and jump off a high cliff. The result is of a foolish decision....death.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463700 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Although I am overgeneralizing, it is to keep it simple....Men are protectors, women are nurturers
Some men are nurturers, and some women are murderers.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463701 Jul 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You do so every time you you try to sell the swill "Christ is God"...
Prove me wrong....show me the Holy Trinity that teaches Christ is God the Father Almighty....
so. you finally come out with what I HAVE KNOWN all along.

NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER SAID THAT JESUS WAS GOD THE FATHER AND YOU KNOW IT.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463702 Jul 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you guys disregard the word of God that was given orally?
You got my curiosity...tell us the word of God that was given orally.

Tell us who He give it to...give us the names of all who were/are involved in making this known to you....from the first person God gave it to....down to yourself...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#463703 Jul 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'll become a Muslim so I can preach at you how evil you are for not following the one and only truth from Allah.
Would THAT make your day???
:)
islam is easy to refute - it was established because of the envy over Israel by a bastard ancestor of Abraham who was a child molesting, rabble rousing war lord. next.....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#463704 Jul 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You were not called by God...you were called by: Charles Fox Parham and William Seymour were both Holiness Ministers and used by God to restore Pentecost to the Church.Pentecost was born out of the Holiness Movement.
This is the tripe you are trying to sell:
According to some Christian traditions, a second work of grace is a transforming interaction with God which may occur in the life of a Christian. The defining characteristics of this event are that it is separate from and subsequent to salvation (the first work of grace), and that it brings about significant changes in the life of the believer.
Pure nonsense: In the Holiness movement, the second work of grace is considered to be a cleansing from the tendency to commit sin, an experience called entire sanctification which leads to Christian perfection.
at no time have I ever suggest that any person reach out for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost as a definite second work of Grace on this forum.

and FYI, I Pastored a church that had split many years ago over that Work. I was with the one that didn't leave(just like Hermi differing with Anthony) and didn't believe in Holiness.

did that make me a hypocrite, NOPE> when I went before the Ordination Board, I told them when I was Saved, and I will admit that I was grilled for over a half hour and I never wavered. one night my pastor asked me why I was in this denomination instead of the other and my words to him were these. I believe the Sanctified person goes where God wants him to go,and does what God wants him to do.there were no more questions asked of me. from that point on.

my convictions are what I live, the Bible is what I have Preached. Amen!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#463705 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
you wrote
What on Earth would possess you to think that every little detail of Christianity is spelled out in the Bible?
_____
QUESTION...
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK
THAT IF A DETAIL IS NOT SPELLED OUT IN THE BIBLE
THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLICS RELIGIOUS SYSTEM
CAN CREATE AND ADD THEIR OWN DETAILS...
AS THEY HAVE DONE
...
THEY HAVE DECEIVED BILLIONS OF SOULS AND SENT THE TO HELL...
AND YOU ARE ONE OF THEM.
It was "mudslinging and hatefilled" self opinionated bible only ministers like you, Confrinting which was one of the main reasons that I knew the Protestant Church was nothing but an anti-catholic vindictive and hostile "contradiction of TRUTH of the bible and of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... You have become an "expert" at twisting and perverting the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and appointing "yourself" as the (final authority) condemning Clay, Anthony, Regina, myself or "any other Catholic" TO HELL!!-----Again--you have proven over and over that KayMarie is the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN in you family!!!!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#463706 Jul 19, 2013
who="Human Being"
Pad:
Purgation is a process, not a destination.
If you believe that after becoming a Christian, one is not able to sin, then there is no purgatory.(But I suspect most Christians on here, accept the fact that they have sinned(knowingly, or unknowingly) after becoming a Christian.)
If not, then to sin after becoming a Christian requires something more than just saying I am sorry to God. It requires one to purge the source of that sin, which to me, is an ongoing process while we are here on earth. We are constantly fighting against vices and turning to virtue.
If a Christian yields to vices during this life, then there must be some price..., being tried/purified by fire(by the Holy Spirit) in the life to come in heaven. Purgatory.
**********

There WAS a price, HB..."The soul that sins, it shall DIE."

But Jesus PAID that price. He said,'It is finished'. There is no suffering that I can do that will purge away sin. But when I repent, confess, AND turn away from evil, my 'sin' is purged by the redeeming grace of God.

KayMarie
Human Being

Elton, LA

#463707 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When Christ was on the Cross dying .HE TOOK every sin of else no one living after it could be bought and paid for ..Every sin ...all the HORRID perversion..COVERED BY HIS BLOOD.
If His blood is NOT sufficient..Why are we here..
If we sin ..And we do ..we must repent ..He alone forgives,US and washes us CLEAN..with His blood..
As far as the east is from the west ..so far far has he removed our transgressions from us.
NOW,IF WE SIN and hurt others..we must as well as possible make our peace with them ..so as nit go sin further.
And we may also have penalties here in earth from our sins..
BUT AGAIN the Blood was sufficient...it else why was HE SACRIFICED.
WHAT GOOD WAS IT ..IF NOT TO PAY OUR DEBT .
RoSesz:

Well it goes to a mindset of OSAS(Once Saved Always Saved)....

Often we take comfort in the "idea" that God did it all in order to offer salvation. And that once we believe the idea, then we are saved forever. If this were the case, then backsliding does not exist.(But we know it does.) And we know that we continue to sin even in our surety of our salvation.

Also it goes to the mindset of ORAR(Once Repentant Always Repentant).

This is more a false confidence we have that since we were repentant once to God, that we are always repentant.

God does not override our own wills, and so if we turn away from God after becoming a Christian, he allows us to go. Likewise if after we journey for awhile after turning away, we still can return, but there is a price to pay, since Jesus is not crucified twice. The price is purgation.

Perhaps you have not deviated from God since becoming a Christian? But I tend to think, the longer one is a Christian, one encounters spiritual warfare within themselves as God allows us to see our sinful nature. In seeing this nature we can turn(repent) and become closer to God, as He works within and with us....
Human Being

Elton, LA

#463708 Jul 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Human Being"
Pad:
Purgation is a process, not a destination.
If you believe that after becoming a Christian, one is not able to sin, then there is no purgatory.(But I suspect most Christians on here, accept the fact that they have sinned(knowingly, or unknowingly) after becoming a Christian.)
If not, then to sin after becoming a Christian requires something more than just saying I am sorry to God. It requires one to purge the source of that sin, which to me, is an ongoing process while we are here on earth. We are constantly fighting against vices and turning to virtue.
If a Christian yields to vices during this life, then there must be some price..., being tried/purified by fire(by the Holy Spirit) in the life to come in heaven. Purgatory.
**********
There WAS a price, HB..."The soul that sins, it shall DIE."
But Jesus PAID that price. He said,'It is finished'. There is no suffering that I can do that will purge away sin. But when I repent, confess, AND turn away from evil, my 'sin' is purged by the redeeming grace of God.
KayMarie
confronting

KayMarie:

So are you saying that a Christian soul is incapable of sin?

We are kind of mixing our earthly existence here with the hope of eternal heaven....By that I mean, we have both a knowledge of our sinfulness and of peace in Christ(in the kingdom of heaven) while we are living now.

This being the case, the Christian turns from sin, and sinful ways, and turns to God. God reveals in time to us, that which needs changing in our life. That process is purgation. It is the mortifying of the flesh, which offers us the opportunity to turn from vices to virtues....

If we go to our graves on earth without mortifying the flesh, then we carry within our souls that which cannot enter into the presence of a Holy God. Thus purgation can continue after the grave.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463710 Jul 19, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Well it goes to a mindset of OSAS(Once Saved Always Saved)....
Often we take comfort in the "idea" that God did it all in order to offer salvation. And that once we believe the idea, then we are saved forever. If this were the case, then backsliding does not exist.(But we know it does.) And we know that we continue to sin even in our surety of our salvation.
Also it goes to the mindset of ORAR(Once Repentant Always Repentant).
This is more a false confidence we have that since we were repentant once to God, that we are always repentant.
God does not override our own wills, and so if we turn away from God after becoming a Christian, he allows us to go. Likewise if after we journey for awhile after turning away, we still can return, but there is a price to pay, since Jesus is not crucified twice. The price is purgation.
Perhaps you have not deviated from God since becoming a Christian? But I tend to think, the longer one is a Christian, one encounters spiritual warfare within themselves as God allows us to see our sinful nature. In seeing this nature we can turn(repent) and become closer to God, as He works within and with us....
But all our sins were crucified with Him.

And,He knew them all..those before we became Christians ..this,after.

If we turn away ...And do not hear the call if the SPIRIT to REPENT. TURN BACK ..confess..then we h a v e hardened our hearts. Or we were not saved in the first place.

And trust me there is no mistaking the SPIRIT in our consciences. If He is calling us back. asking us to REPENT.

I do not KNIW the exact words or scripture..But HE call s the errant Christian ..it is,hard NoT TO AnSWER.

The Shepherd will find that LOST SHEEP...And Christ said NOTHING about throwing the list SHEEP into purgatory.

MayBE KAY MARIE can say it better..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#463711 Jul 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was "mudslinging and hatefilled" self opinionated bible only ministers like you, Confrinting which was one of the main reasons that I knew the Protestant Church was nothing but an anti-catholic vindictive and hostile "contradiction of TRUTH of the bible and of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church.......... You have become an "expert" at twisting and perverting the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and appointing "yourself" as the (final authority) condemning Clay, Anthony, Regina, myself or "any other Catholic" TO HELL!!-----Again--you have proven over and over that KayMarie is the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN in you family!!!!!!!
You were never a "true" Protestant. A "true" Protestant would never go back to the lying murdering barbaric perverted Roman Catholic cult you so worship.

Your former Protestant church no doubt threw a party at your departure. LOL

Since: Jul 08

Akron, OH

#463712 Jul 19, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But all our sins were crucified with Him.
And,He knew them all..those before we became Christians ..this,after.
If we turn away ...And do not hear the call if the SPIRIT to REPENT. TURN BACK ..confess..then we h a v e hardened our hearts. Or we were not saved in the first place.
And trust me there is no mistaking the SPIRIT in our consciences. If He is calling us back. asking us to REPENT.
I do not KNIW the exact words or scripture..But HE call s the errant Christian ..it is,hard NoT TO AnSWER.
The Shepherd will find that LOST SHEEP...And Christ said NOTHING about throwing the list SHEEP into purgatory.
MayBE KAY MARIE can say it better..
You're pretending, hon.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463713 Jul 19, 2013
Theologians played silly word-games while entertaining the idea that a god was telling them what to write.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
4. Neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance.
5. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit.
6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one, the glory equal, the majesty coeternal.
7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit.
8. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated.
9. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit incomprehensible.
10. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal.
11. And yet they are not three eternals but one eternal.
12. As also there are not three uncreated nor three incomprehensible, but one uncreated and one incomprehensible.
13. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Spirit almighty.
14. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.
15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;
16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord;
18. And yet they are not three Lords but one Lord.
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.
21. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.
22. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but begotten.
23. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.
24. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not three Holy Spirits.
25. And in this Trinity none is afore or after another; none is greater or less than another.
26. But the whole three persons are coeternal, and coequal.
27. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.
28. He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.
29. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
30. For the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and man.
31. God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man of substance of His mother, born in the world.
32. Perfect God and perfect man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.
33. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His manhood.
34. Who, although He is God and man, yet He is not two, but one Christ.
35. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of that manhood into God.
36. One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but by unity of person.
37. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ;
38. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead;
39. He ascended into heaven, He sits on the right hand of the Father, God, Almighty;
40. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
41. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies;
42. and shall give account of their own works.
43. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.
44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#463714 Jul 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong Tony17? You would not be here if your parents practiced what you preach Tony17.
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I want you to know that I believe in free speech, but this type of filthy deviant speech is disallowed, not only on a religious forum but with ALL moral forums.
therefore I want you and everyone else to know is that I reported this filthy reply of yours. AND I SINCERELY WISH THAT YOU WOULD BE CENSORED.
you stepped over the line again just like you did a few months ago.
NO CHRISTIAN WOULD EVER TALK LIKE THAT TO ANY PERSON, I don't like Tony and never did, but I aint that low as to use that type of speech.
this post shows just exactly why people should never accept someone as a filthy minded vocal idiot like you.
TONY, AS A MINISTER AND A CHRISTIAN, FOR ALL OF US, I DO APOLOGIZE FOR THIS IDIOT.
we can agree to disagree, but that doesn't give anyone the right to be this disagreeable
Try re-reading my post. Also, when you have reached perfection start throwing stones. Until then stay in your own yard. Comprende'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web