Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641607 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#463150 Jul 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question????? What does "bowing before a statue of Mary in worship" mean?????
Prolly means that yer gonna git violated by a cathaholic priest.
That's what it means.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463151 Jul 17, 2013

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463152 Jul 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...There was no lie. You said several times before that you don't have to listen to listen to your Patriarchs as they are just men. I said maybe you can post your open letter to the Patriarchs. You did. Fantastic! God is the head of your church. Good for you as Catholics believe that he is the head of the church too and so do your Patriarchs. Ok, so if you believe they stray based on what you believe to be true and seperate then both of you will be claiming to be the church. The copts believe they have the truth. In our church we have schisms too. The Protestants believe they have the truth too. You didnt even bother to look at what your Patriarchs agreed to nor what the Catholic church agreed to.
Now the Monophyte, acasia, and all the groups that were labeled as heretics believed they had the truth and they didnt have to listen. Hey the Corinthians had a lot of problems too. Paul wrote to them. Pope Clement wrote to them to when they usurped their Bishop because they had truths. Montanists etc. So we could go back and forth and I can quote Fathers and show my case. For churches that did not even talk for hundreds of years I found it a good thing. So I did not lie when I said you don't have to listen to your Patriarchs if they dont agree with your truth. You made up your own truth in self delusion. That is not my problem.
"Because the statement of our Lord Jesus Christ, when He said,'Thou art Peter, and upon this Rock I will found my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it, etc,' cannot be set aside; this, which is said, is ***proved by the results****; for in the Apostolic See (Rome) religion has always been preserved without spot ....In which (See) is set the perfect and true solidity of the Christian religion." ... "In the Apostolic See the Catholic religion has always been kept undefiled and her holy doctrine proclaimed. Desiring, therefore, not to be in the least degree separated from the faith and doctrine of that See, we hope that we may deserve to be in the one communion with you which the Apostolic See preaches, in which is the entire and true solidity of the Christian religion: promising also that the names of those who are cut off from the communion of the Catholic Church, that is, not consentient with the Apostolic See (Rome), shall not be recited during the Sacred Mysteries (i.e., the Liturgy). This is my profession, I have subscribed with my own hand, and delivered to you, Hormisdas, the holy and venerable Pope of the city of Rome."
(Formula Hormisdae Episc. Orient. Praescript Denzinger's Enchird. p. 42, ed. 1874) in Charles F.B. Allnatt, ed., Cathedra Petri --Titles and Prerogatives of St. Peter, London: Burns & Oates, 1879, 92 519 AD the healing of the Acasian schism
2500 Eastern Bishops signed it and it was reaffirmed and signed again by those who deposed Photius in 869 at constantinople council.
No I dont believe the Orthodox are the true Church. I do believe Christ founded one church. I do not believe its the Orthodox. I do not believe in an invisible church where everyone can teach or believe whatever truth they desire. I believe that is a sin to not try to settle differences. All one can do is tell what they believe. The Apostles argued for a while then shook their sandals.
Also Bishop Kallistos stated a position. If you read what he all has to say he goes through the various factions of Orthodoxy, but the Orothdox have changed. Im not here to condemn anyone to hell all thats coming from Certain Protestants. I said I want unity with truth. Yours is fixed.
Since I confronted you directly with your lie and gave the post number for all to see, I do not have to address any of the rest of your twisted post. I clearly showed your lack of knowledge of Church history in your comments re disagreeing with the Patriarchs. I do believe given these two factors that the Catholic Church is best for you.Its a perfect fit.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463153 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I bow to my German friends. I'm not worshipping them, I'm showing respect for them.
You keep posting the lie. Still an expert liar aren't you?
I have no need to lie to prove that catlicks worship Mary:

John Paul II worshipping Mary - Presents of God ministry
www.remnantofgod.org/jp2mary.htm&#8206 ;
POPEPRAYERTOMARY.jpg. Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well). On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his ...
truth

Perth, Australia

#463154 Jul 17, 2013
cemetry not exist
no
why should be according you
then explain
why people who past away come back 3x live earthly life..
yes mostly they come back to family where they belong..

now
why oldest people target
tea and cooky

Whats deference between pill and pillow?
nurse
u=21=2+1=3=curse see
about what
put camera then you will see..where
in any institute where old people rest or need atention..childrens some
then you will see
Whats deference between pill and pillow?
who..nice diploma lips not going explain!
id
agent
age=muslim word for rule
see kva kva kva=bird sing song
square $quare=geometric shape symbol meccakuran kuare
every building see id see read pronaucment every word

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#463155 Jul 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...There was no lie. You said several times before that you don't have to listen to listen to your Patriarchs as they are just men. I said maybe you can post your open letter to the Patriarchs. You did. Fantastic! God is the head of your church. Good for you as Catholics believe that he is the head of the church too and so do your Patriarchs. Ok, so if you believe they stray based on what you believe to be true and seperate then both of you will be claiming to be the church. The copts believe they have the truth. In our church we have schisms too. The Protestants believe they have the truth too. You didnt even bother to look at what your Patriarchs agreed to nor what the Catholic church agreed to.
Now the Monophyte, acasia, and all the groups that were labeled as heretics believed they had the truth and they didnt have to listen. Hey the Corinthians had a lot of problems too. Paul wrote to them. Pope Clement wrote to them to when they usurped their Bishop because they had truths. Montanists etc. So we could go back and forth and I can quote Fathers and show my case. For churches that did not even talk for hundreds of years I found it a good thing. So I did not lie when I said you don't have to listen to your Patriarchs if they dont agree with your truth. You made up your own truth in self delusion. That is not my problem.
"Because the statement of our Lord Jesus Christ, when He said,'Thou art Peter, and upon this Rock I will found my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it, etc,' cannot be set aside; this, which is said, is ***proved by the results****; for in the Apostolic See (Rome) religion has always been preserved without spot ....In which (See) is set the perfect and true solidity of the Christian religion." ... "In the Apostolic See the Catholic religion has always been kept undefiled and her holy doctrine proclaimed. Desiring, therefore, not to be in the least degree separated from the faith and doctrine of that See, we hope that we may deserve to be in the one communion with you which the Apostolic See preaches, in which is the entire and true solidity of the Christian religion: promising also that the names of those who are cut off from the communion of the Catholic Church, that is, not consentient with the Apostolic See (Rome), shall not be recited during the Sacred Mysteries (i.e., the Liturgy). This is my profession, I have subscribed with my own hand, and delivered to you, Hormisdas, the holy and venerable Pope of the city of Rome."
(Formula Hormisdae Episc. Orient. Praescript Denzinger's Enchird. p. 42, ed. 1874) in Charles F.B. Allnatt, ed., Cathedra Petri --Titles and Prerogatives of St. Peter, London: Burns & Oates, 1879, 92 519 AD the healing of the Acasian schism
2500 Eastern Bishops signed it and it was reaffirmed and signed again by those who deposed Photius in 869 at constantinople council.
No I dont believe the Orthodox are the true Church. I do believe Christ founded one church. I do not believe its the Orthodox. I do not believe in an invisible church where everyone can teach or believe whatever truth they desire. I believe that is a sin to not try to settle differences. All one can do is tell what they believe. The Apostles argued for a while then shook their sandals.
Also Bishop Kallistos stated a position. If you read what he all has to say he goes through the various factions of Orthodoxy, but the Orothdox have changed. Im not here to condemn anyone to hell all thats coming from Certain Protestants. I said I want unity with truth. Yours is fixed.
How about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a beer?

Location hidden

#463157 Jul 17, 2013
For anyone that wasnt here I provided very long posts re the difference between the Patriarchs and the Pope/Bishops re their authority. The people of the Church are seen as part of the Church along with the Bishop, Priest, Metro, Patriarch etc.They can disagree with the Patriarchs.I also explained that in the early Ortho Church the Councils would check their with the people because they felt the people were perhaps even the best source of the Faith as handed down.When Dust called me a heretic for stating I do not have to agree with the Patriarchs ion everything. This proved he knew nothing of our history.I provided posts re the conciliar (Ortho) v Monarchal (Cath) organization of the Church. He deliberately misquotes, lies, twists, spins, and remakes history. I confronted him directly re 2 lies with post numbers. This does not stop him.There is no way to respond to someone like this when they keep chugging away even when confronted directly with lies and misquotes.

Location hidden

#463158 Jul 17, 2013
Prayers to Mary....By Pope John Paul II
Prayed before the icon of Our Lady,
in Salus Populi Romani, on December 8,1990.

O you, who more than any other human being
have been consecrated to the Holy Spirit,
help your Son's Church to persevere
in the same consecration,
so that she may pour out upon all men
the ineffable benefits of redemption
and of sanctification
for the liberation of the whole of creation [cf. Rom 8:21].

You, who were with the Church in the beginning of her mission,
intercede for her in order that,
going all over the world,
she may continually teach all the nations
and proclaim the Gospel to every creature.
May the Word of Divine Truth
and the Spirit of Love
find an opening in the hearts of men,
who, without this truth
and without this love
really cannot live the fullness of life.

You, who have known in the fullest way
the power of the Holy Spirit,
when it was granted to you
to conceive in your virginal womb
and to give birth to the Eternal Word,
obtain for the Church
that she may continue to give new birth
through water and the Holy Spirit
to the sons and daughters
of the whole human family,
without any distinction of language,
race, or culture,
giving them in this way
the "power to become children of God" [Jn 1:12].

You, who are so deeply
and maternally bound to the Church,
preceding the whole People of God
along the way of faith,
hope and charity,
embrace all men who are on the way,
pilgrims through temporal life
towards eternal destinies,
with that love which the Divine Redeemer himself,
your Son, poured into your heart from the Cross.
Be the Mother of all our earthly lives,
even when they become tortuous,
in order that we may all find ourselves,
in the end, in that large community
which your Son called the fold,
offering his life for it as the Good Shepherd.

You, who are the first handmaid
of the unity of the body of Christ,
help us, help all the faithful,
who feel so painfully
the drama of the divisions of Christianity,
to seek with constancy the way
to the perfect unity of the Body of Christ
by means of unconditional faithfulness
to the Spirit of Truth and Love,
which was given to them by your Son
at the cost of the cross and of death.

You, who have always wished to serve!
You who serve as mother of the whole family
of the children of God,
obtain for the Church that,
enriched by the Holy Spirit
with the fullness of hierarchical
and charismatic gifts,
she may continue with constancy
towards the future along the way
of that renewal which comes from
what the Holy Spirit says
and which found expression in the teaching of Vatican II,
assuming in this work of renewal everything
that is true and good,
without letting herself be deceived
either in one direction or in the other,
but discerning assiduously
among the signs of the times
what is useful for the coming of the Kingdom of God.

Mother of men and peoples,
you know all their sufferings
and their hopes.
You feel in a motherly way
all the struggles between good and evil,
between the light and the darkness
which shakes the world
accept our cry addresses
to the Holy Spirit
directly to your heart
and embrace with the love of the Mother
and the Handmaid of the Lord
the peoples who await this
embrace the most and likewise the peoples
whose consecration you, too,
are particularly awaiting.
Take under your motherly protection
the whole human family
which we consecrate to you, O Mother,
with affectionate rapture.
May the time of peace and freedom,
the time of truth,
justice and hope,
approach for everyone.

Location hidden

#463159 Jul 17, 2013
O you,
who through the mystery of your particular holiness,
free of all stain from the moment of your conception
feel in a particular deep way that
"the whole creation has been groaning in travail." [Rom.8:22],
while, "subjected to futility,"
it hopes that it will be
"set free from its bondage to decay" [Rom.8:20-21],
You contribute unceasingly
to the "revealing of the sons of God,"
for whom "the creation waits with eager longing." [Rom. 8:19],
to enter the freedom of their joy [cf. Rom.8:21].

O Mother of Jesus,
now glorified in heaven in body and in soul,
as the image and beginning of the Church,
which is to have its fulfillment
in the future age here on earth,
until the day of the Lord comes [cf. 2 Pet. 3: 10],
do not ceases to shine
before the pilgrim people of God
as a sign of sure hope and consolation (cf. Lumen Gentium 68).

Holy Spirit of God,
Who are worshipped and glorified
with the Father and the Son!
Accept these words of humble consecration
addressed to You in the heart of Mary of Nazareth,
Your bride and mother of the Redeemer,
who the Church too calls her mother,
because right from the Upper Room at Pentecost
she has learned from her own motherly vocation!
Accept these words of the pilgrim Church,
uttered amid toils and joys,
fears and hopes,
words which are the expression
of humble and confident trust,
words with the Church,
forever consecrated to You,
Spirit of the Father
and of the Son,
in the Upper Room at Pentecost,
does not cease to repeat together with you
to her divine Bridegroom.
Come!

"The Spirit and the Bride say to the Lord Jesus
'Come..." [cf. Rev. 22:17].
"Thus the Church is seen to be
a people brought into unity of the Father,
the Son, and the Holy Spirit" (Lumen Gentium, 4).
Thus we repeat today:
"Come", trusting in your motherly intercession,
O Clement, O Loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

Location hidden

#463161 Jul 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
For anyone that wasnt here I provided very long posts re the difference between the Patriarchs and the Pope/Bishops re their authority. The people of the Church are seen as part of the Church along with the Bishop, Priest, Metro, Patriarch etc.They can disagree with the Patriarchs.I also explained that in the early Ortho Church the Councils would check their with the people because they felt the people were perhaps even the best source of the Faith as handed down.When Dust called me a heretic for stating I do not have to agree with the Patriarchs ion everything. This proved he knew nothing of our history.I provided posts re the conciliar (Ortho) v Monarchal (Cath) organization of the Church. He deliberately misquotes, lies, twists, spins, and remakes history. I confronted him directly re 2 lies with post numbers. This does not stop him.There is no way to respond to someone like this when they keep chugging away even when confronted directly with lies and misquotes.
Nick stop posting to dusty.It is clear that her intentions are pointless.Waste no more time.She is going after you for what I did and because your orthodox.You are a better person and forgetaboutit!

Location hidden

#463162 Jul 17, 2013
Your cute! lol

Location hidden

#463163 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I bow to my German friends. I'm not worshipping them, I'm showing respect for them.
I have no need to lie to prove catlicks pray to Mary:

The Marian Prayer
of Blessed Pope John Paul II

Mother of the Redeemer,
with great joy we call you blessed.

In order to carry out His plan of salvation,
God the Father chose you
before the creation of the world.
You believed in His love and obeyed His word.

The Son of God desired you for His Mother
when He became man to save the human race.
You received Him with ready obedience and undivided heart.

The Holy Spirit loved you as His mystical spouse
and filled you with singular gifts.
You allowed yourself to be led
by His hidden powerful action.

On the eve of the third Christian Millennium,
we entrust to you the Church, which acknowledges you and invokes you as Mother.

To you, Mother of our human family and of the nations,
we confidently entrust the whole humanity, with its hopes and fears.
Do not let it lack the light of true wisdom.
Guide its steps in the ways of peace.
Enable all to meet Christ, the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Sustain us, O Virgin Mary, on our journey of faith
and obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Mother of God and our Mother, Mary!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#463164 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>Since I confronted you directly with your lie and gave the post number for all to see, I do not have to address any of the rest of your twisted post. I clearly showed your lack of knowledge of Church history in your comments re disagreeing with the Patriarchs. I do believe given these two factors that the Catholic Church is best for you.Its a perfect fit.
You are truly delusional. If your Patriarchs united with Rome would you go along or remain seperated? You have already made it clear. You have your truth. I did not lie. You said you don't have to listen to your Patriarchs on several occasions. That is predicated upon your belief that they strayed. You dont have to submit if you disagree. You wouldnt be the first to disregard authority claiming you follow God.

You now have commentary about Metropolitan Phillip. You can find lost of opinions on various Patriarchs and Bishops. Hey Hilarion is a heretic too havent you heard? He doesnt know it though. Obviously you have all the answers. The strained relations between Patriarchs is not an issue. I know how the Orthodox church works. I dont agree with it. Increasing the Orthodox have become like Protstants often denying authority of the Church and ecumenical councils you accept. Since you dont know nor care what the commissions agreed upon then as I said. You already know everything. You are right. Nothing to discuss, but you never have anyway.
truth

Perth, Australia

#463165 Jul 17, 2013
peanut=breath me peanut=twested seed
brid=pronaucment br;id
bird catcher
breath aaaaaa uuuuuuuuuuuu aaaaaaaaa uuuuuuuuuuuu
a=1 u=21 2+1=3 3+1=4 =d
see lung=see geometric inner organ
see square squad=4=d
see every shape and symbol geometric=cirtemoe ge
srcemoje geeeeeeeee heart he art every heart
see line 30 afrcan cotinent near mediterane
see line find diagram id birth up and down
see diagram=marga id
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
sahara
see
inside in deep is rest what long time ago
line 3 then on certain place going line ?/ then on other place ?\..its srz=in deep

Location hidden

#463166 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need to lie to prove that catlicks pray to Mary:

You are blessed among all women!
Blessed are you who have believed!
The Mighty One worked marvels for you!
The marvel of your divine motherhood!
And in view of it,

The marvel of your immaculate conception!
The marvel of your “let it be done to me”!

You were so continually associated to the whole work of our redemption,
associated with the cross of our Savior;
your heart was pierced, at the side of his heart.
And now, in the glory of your Son
you unceasingly intercede for us, poor sinners.

You watch over the Church whose mother you are.
You watch over each of your children.
You obtain from God, for us, all these graces
symbolized by the rays of light
coming from your open hands.
If only we dare to ask them from you
and come to you with the confidence and simplicity of a child.
And so you guide us unceasingly
toward your Son Jesus.
--Pope John Paul II
truth

Perth, Australia

#463167 Jul 17, 2013
civilization before exist

Location hidden

#463168 Jul 17, 2013
For Curious Minds Who Want to Know

Here are some of Dust Storm's sources for his marvelous posts.

METROPOLITAN PHILIP
Antiochian magazine some in 1982 (or so) contained picture of Metropolitan Philip dressed in a cowboy suit, complete with bandana and six- with a six-shooter pointed at the reader, with the inscription "Pay your diocesan assessment, or else," or something similar

PINOCCHIO
Originally the subject of an Italian novel later popularized by Disney, Pinocchio may be the most obvious liar of the group—which makes him all the more audacious for trying

Milli Vanilli

ROSIE RUIZ
In 1980, 23-year-old New Yorker Rosie Ruiz became the first woman to win the Boston Marathon,
She was stripped of her title when it was reported they'd seen her jump into the race during its final half-mile. Race officials soon discovered Ruiz had also cheated during the New York marathon, too, apparently by riding the subway

VICTOR LUSTIG
Known as "The Man Who Sold the Eiffel Tower," Victor Lustig was a 1920s conman and counterfeiter whose biggest scam was selling off the Paris landmark for a suitcase of money. Posing as a city official, he convinced a scrap metal dealer that the city had decided its upkeep was too difficult to maintain.

CLIFF THE MAILMAN FROM CHEERS

Location hidden

#463169 Jul 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly delusional. If your Patriarchs united with Rome would you go along or remain seperated? You have already made it clear. You have your truth. I did not lie. You said you don't have to listen to your Patriarchs on several occasions. That is predicated upon your belief that they strayed. You dont have to submit if you disagree. You wouldnt be the first to disregard authority claiming you follow God.
You now have commentary about Metropolitan Phillip. You can find lost of opinions on various Patriarchs and Bishops. Hey Hilarion is a heretic too havent you heard? He doesnt know it though. Obviously you have all the answers. The strained relations between Patriarchs is not an issue. I know how the Orthodox church works. I dont agree with it. Increasing the Orthodox have become like Protstants often denying authority of the Church and ecumenical councils you accept. Since you dont know nor care what the commissions agreed upon then as I said. You already know everything. You are right. Nothing to discuss, but you never have anyway.
Why do you insist on posting to someone who has nothing to discuss? maybe you would be better off talking to yourself... another sandwich?

Location hidden

#463170 Jul 17, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Cliff. We at Cheers love your stories but they are waiting for the mail.
truth

Perth, Australia

#463171 Jul 17, 2013
desert=empty place but exist its not delusion=left law trough space and time as past as well future

law space and time= if you can't find
then
its not mean delusion=hopeless
as well you looks as accuser
see on map suez cut\ on continet africa
see
please map see who is liar
id=what and who
certain not you if i do and calculated on my way
see maroco alzir so on
down basin=inner core marble ?/=nice drove as diagram
now
its law space and time
you are my accuser now
why..friend can't be accuser
what a shame
after all my mind is not yours

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr I recently left 10,106
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) Fri Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... Fri truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web