Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687393 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#463053 Jul 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony She was a pagan sacrifice for the Chihuahua Tribe in the jungles of Mexico when I rescued her.
I was on a mission to capture what we called "The Kong" I convinced the Tribe that she wasn't a virgin and they let her go.
Please, it was Spain not Mexico!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463054 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying we don't see Christ's sacrifice as "enough" and call it a doctrine from the pits of hell, but you can't explain to me what "enough" is. Let's try it this way; If Christ's sacrifice covered all sins past, present and future, then why isn't every human being saved the moment they're born?
You need to get a copy of this new book called Bible....

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

How can a person, at the time he exits the womb, "fill the bill"??????
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#463055 Jul 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you go play with someone else's Bible? How about the Mormons or Muslims. They got a bible too, ya know?
Catholics follow the word of God- both written and oral. In fact, the CC told you the writings were the word of God, and now you stab them in the back with it.
And to boot, you only follow whatever you see in our written scriptures! You don't even follow what the Apostles taught about their writings! That its very bold of you.
It seems to me, Tiger, if you were really interested in what the Apostles taught when they explained their writings, you'd go to the writings of their students. None of you will dare venture there. It would destroy the SDA cult if they considered what the Apostles actually taught. Fundamental Christianity completely relies on ignoring what the first Christians understood.
Here is what the Disciple of John said about the Sabbath
"For if we live after the manner of Judaism, we avow that we have not received grace. If then those who had walked in ancient practices attained unto newness of hope, no longer observing Sabbaths, but fashioning their lives after the Lords day (Sunday), on which our lives ALSO rose with Him and through His death.....how shall we be able to live apart from Him?
It is monstrous to talk of Jesus Christ and still practice Judaism. For Christianity did not believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity"
Ignatius to the Magnesians
The Ten Commandments were given to the Jews but it can be proven that each and every one of the Ten Laws was already in force way before Exodus.
SDA’s do not keep “sabbaths”(Ceremonial sabbaths).
They were a shadow and were nailed to the cross as I explained earlier today.

Ignatius’s writings are not considered to be inspired.

Prove to me that the Lord’s day is Sunday.
To me, from the Bible, the Lord’s Day is the Sabbath, not Sunday.
In regard to the Sabbath, Christ says, "The Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath."
Not A Sabbath, but THE Sabbath.
He says also, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." Mark 2:27, 28.

He does not say, the Sabbath was made for the JEWS, and a Sabbath for the Gentiles, but "THE Sabbath was made for man." --All mankind.

Some may think that our first day, is in reality the seventh, but this is settled when we examine Matt. 28:1, and Luke 23:56, & 24:1, where a plain distinction is made between the two days.

Matthew says, "In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week," etc.

Luke says, "And rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment. Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning," etc.

Now your turn Clay...

Location hidden

#463056 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answers contradict Metropolitan Phillip, that's why I ask. I've told you before I'm very fond of the Orthodox Church, I have a lot of history there. What faith community were you a part of before you met Nick a few years ago?
I was alittle bit country and alittle bit rock n roll. Why do you ask and better yet why do you care?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463057 Jul 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I was alittle bit country and alittle bit rock n roll. Why do you ask and better yet why do you care?
Just curious. Many times people are influenced by what they were exposed to growing up. My experience as a young boy caused me to have a great appreciation for the Orthodox liturgy and the people.

Location hidden

#463058 Jul 17, 2013
I was Baptized Catholic and raised Protestant...and when I wasn't on tour with the Beatles I was with the Maharishi....then Nico came along and took me away to Abbey Road!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463059 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious. Many times people are influenced by what they were exposed to growing up. My experience as a young boy caused me to have a great appreciation for the Orthodox liturgy and the people.
Anthony I would have never made comments about the Cath Church I did here, except for Regina and Dust Storm.Ill accept responsibility. They spout poison.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#463060 Jul 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
I was Baptized Catholic and raised Protestant...and when I wasn't on tour with the Beatles I was with the Maharishi....then Nico came along and took me away to Abbey Road!
Ok.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#463061 Jul 17, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ten Commandments were given to the Jews but it can be proven that each and every one of the Ten Laws was already in force way before Exodus.
You realize the Decalogue is a bit of a fiction, right?

That's why Protestants and Catholics can pick the ten they like best.

Location hidden

#463062 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Purgatory proclaimed a dogma by Council of Florence "If they have died repentant for their sins and having love of God, but have not made satisfaction for things they have done or omitted by fruits worthy of penance, then their souls, after death, are cleansed by the punishment of Purgatory; also ... the suffrages of the faithful still living are efficacious in bringing them relief from such punishment, namely the Sacrifice of the Mass, prayers and almsgiving and other works of piety which, in accordance with the designation of the Church, are customarily offered by the faithful for each other." Council of Florence (1438-1443)
*Notice: faithful still living are efficacious in bringing them relief from such punishment.
-so sinners here can pray for relief of punishment but the sacrifice of Jesus Christ cannot keep a person out of purgatory.
-if this isn't a doctrine from Satan himself, I'll buy you a watch.
There flickers a light at yonder tunnel end!!!!!

Limbo Eliminated; Status of Purgatory in 'State of Limbo'
By Raoul Thibodeaux, Avant News Staff Writer
Rome, Italy February 12, 2006

The new catechism of Roman Catholic doctrine that did away with Limbo and was approved by Pope Benedict XVI in the middle of December 2005 threw the state of Limbo into a state of chaos. This catechism changing the eternal residence for those souls included in both the Limbo of the Fathers (limbus partum) and Limbo of Children (limbus infantium) by moving them straight to Heaven has left many souls wondering what happened and why.

“Operations in Limbo have been running smoothly for the last eight centuries and then, out of nowhere *POOF* everybody is gone,” said Micah Herschisinger, the former Director of Operations in Limbo who, prior to the new catechism, was responsible for the eternal care of approximately 6.4 billion souls of unbaptized and aborted infants and the 72 righteous Hebrew prophets who lived before Jesus Christ was born.

Location hidden

#463063 Jul 17, 2013
Whadda bout it Catholics???? Why is not Christ sending anyone to purgatory??
A. He forget there is a purgatory?
B. No one ever told Him there is a purgatory?
C. There is not purgatory to send any one to?

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463064 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
I was not specifically saying that you were fearful of a decision to walk away from prior Christian beliefs.

I was generalizing. But I think, that "leaders and followers", may have feared for their own and other's salvation, the release of non-orthodox Nag-Hammadi(gnostic) writings, as opposed to accepted Christian writings(canonized). It is of course based more on a sense of insecurity.
Why would anyone worry about another person? Are those "leaders and followers" so perfect that they can "cast that first stone?" I think not.

No religion is required, still, huh? You only need you - to make the right choice for you - given that moment's circumstances and as long as your choice doesn't affect anyone else negatively.
- Of course the caveat is - if the choice is to do something good, then that is a good thing - because it was done through a form of love or kindness and one could very well help thousands with just one kind gesture.

People are insecure because they are dishonest with themselves. They are afraid to admit the truths that exist, only because it causes them to go against with only what they have only been informed of.
- their insecurities are of their own making - yeah June.....Self.

As for this portion of your response, and BTW - thanks for responding!.....
"the release of non-orthodox Nag-Hammadi(gnostic) writings, as opposed to accepted Christian writings(canonized)."
- the "release"?
+ You do realize, after 325 CE, Constantine and his "harem of bishops" put out an edict to suppress and destroy any texts that was not approved by the State - the NHLibrary texts are those texts that the 4th State of tyranny wanted destroyed, burned - GONE, so there wouldn't be anymore dissension within those specified ranks and the followers of the fledgling religion. They couldn't have people thinking about themselves, no way - they wanted them to "Need the Church" and all of its supposed glories.

They weren't released, they were rediscovered after 1500+ yrs of being hidden in a cave, which was originally done to ensure the information was to be conveyed....showing how wrong Christianity is today, and also showing how men have determined what you are to believe.

So called "Christians", in general live a ruse that they were fed too believe. Plain and simple. All of who deny this, are only lying to themselves and others.

Self.
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>If someone is not wise enough, they may be living in a purgative view and think that others live that way also. Generally speaking wisdom takes time and experience to accrue and apply.
We all have "demons". Deal with them. You worry about yours, I'll worry about mine.

:o)

Darn tootin'- I love these old adages!!
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity is not immune to learning through time what works and what does not. Most of us operate on an assumption that we have knowledge enough to know truth from falsehood. IMHO it is the collision of this assumption with reality, that we often discover we lack sufficient information to make wise decisions.(It is a source of dismay and disillusionment.)
Christianity should not be changing its belief from century to century. One would not have to if one believes in all of what Jesus taught, and not just the piddly beginner level "parables" that men of many centuries ago, could only figure out.
- Unless, those men of centuries ago, had an agenda to control people, in a certain way. Looky-there - they succeeded.

*sighs*

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#463065 Jul 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Well, first, he's not cuz he's pretend.

Now, let's speak of the parable of Lazarus and Dives.

You'll probably have to Google that.

Once you've done that, what's your take on it?

Albuquerque, NM

#463066 Jul 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>

We can accept or reject Jesus .
Why do you reject these teachings by Jesus?

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#463067 Jul 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony I would have never made comments about the Cath Church I did here, except for Regina and Dust Storm.Ill accept responsibility. They spout poison.
I'm confused: Are you taking responsibility or blaming Regina and Duststorm?

Albuquerque, NM

#463068 Jul 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>correction...Liar,Lair
"Liar, Liar" can only be valid when "pants on fire" is added to the end of it.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#463069 Jul 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Why do you believe Jesus sends anyone anywhere?

Location hidden

#463070 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God (Jesus) said the bread is His body, the wine His blood and that we must eat it to have eternal life. The written Word says the same thing. Neither Jesus nor the bible say it is just a symbol.
Now who's really ignoring the bible?
SBC embraces the teaching of Christ on the matter, and our beliefs do not show a contradiction in the Bible...we do not drink blood nor eat the flesh of humans..

Per Scripture:
The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.

symbolic: Of, relating to, or expressed by means of symbols or a symbol. Serving as a symbol.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#463072 Jul 17, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
SDA’s do not keep “sabbaths”(Ceremonial sabbaths).
They were a shadow and were nailed to the cross as I explained earlier today.
Ignatius’s writings are not considered to be inspired.
Prove to me that the Lord’s day is Sunday.
To me, from the Bible, the Lord’s Day is the Sabbath, not Sunday.
In regard to the Sabbath, Christ says, "The Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath."
Not A Sabbath, but THE Sabbath.
He says also, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." Mark 2:27, 28.
He does not say, the Sabbath was made for the JEWS, and a Sabbath for the Gentiles, but "THE Sabbath was made for man." --All mankind.
Some may think that our first day, is in reality the seventh, but this is settled when we examine Matt. 28:1, and Luke 23:56, & 24:1, where a plain distinction is made between the two days.
Matthew says, "In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week," etc.
Luke says, "And rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment. Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning," etc.
Now your turn Clay...
My turn? Its still your turn Tiger.
Catholics go by what was taught from the Apostles. We do not go by whatever we interpret from their writings, 2,000 yrs later.

You SDA people simply saw the Sabbath references in the Bible, and decided to start 'Christian-type' religion based on what you saw. That's no different than the Born Agains and Pentecostals. Your theme is The Sabbath.

Ignatius' writings are important. He knew the Apostles personally and was a validly ordained Bishop by the hands of John or possibly Peter.
A serious Christian would be excited at the insight this man would have on their faith. But not the SDAs. You need to ignore it, because it destroys your 19th century Sabbath cult in seconds.

Anywho, its still your turn Tiger. Where does Christ command a Bible be produced to be the authority on His Church. That's all I ask.
newsphotos

AOL

#463073 Jul 17, 2013

Revelation's FALSE PROPHET ...In Plain View

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 22 Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web