Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690316 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#463013 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, your speculation is another speculation, and you "can" live with it.
Those who brag they know truth in my opinion, are asking for and creating trouble.
Correct, and I agree.
Human Being

Chatham, LA

#463014 Jul 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AWWW knock it off Robert. You love your religion because you believe heaven is designed for you and hell is designed for others.
If you didn't ... you would still BE an Atheist. And that is the truth.
June:

Whether I get to heaven or not, or others get to heaven or not, is not for me to judge.

In my view now, I would have to be to proud in my intellect to call myself an atheist. It would mean that "I" would be the judge of all things....
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#463015 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It called "intercessory prayer". We do not now, nor have ever "prayed to Mary" which you have been told over and over again. YOU ARE THE ONE, Confrinting that keeps distorting the truth of what the Catholic Church believes and teaches by just "making things up"! You false attacks are better know as just plain ---"lying"
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.

Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Is this also what the angel said?

Just proves you to be a liar hojo. A big LIAR.

If this is not a prayer to Mary I will eat my foot.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#463016 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
i AM NOT A JEW...
CAN YOU GIVE A SCRIPTURE WHERE GOD HAS COMMANDED WE THAT LIVE UNDER GRACE
TO CREATE STATUES?
WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM..
SAUL THE FIRST KIN OF ISRAEL
1Sa 19:24 And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?
DO YOU WORSHIP NAKED..BECAUSE HE DID?
Lol. you said, "Can you give me scripture where God has commanded we who live under grace, to create statues"?

No, old fella. Your hands are washed. I only can show where God commanded the Jews to create statues. At some point (i guess) God decided He was offended by them, so none of the NT writers recorded having statues!!
You are one heckuva ignorant man. Veeeery dangerous with a Bible in your hand.

Check this video out of a Catholic Priest using a new poetry, called 'spoken word', to articulate how silly you new fanatics are when it comes to Saints.

www.youtube.com e/watch?v=-516MSib-Ck

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463017 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Metropolitan Philip declared:
"Our canons clearly state that we cannot have more than one bishop over the same territory, and one metropolitan over the same metropolis. I regret to tell you that we Orthodox are violating this important ecclesiological principle in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. In New York, for example, we have more than ten Orthodox bishops over the same city and the same territory. I can say the same thing about other cities and territories in North America... The same thing has happened in Paris, France. There are six co-existing Orthodox bishops with overlapping ecclesiological jurisdictions. In my opinion and in the opinion of Orthodox canonists, this is ecclesiological ethno-phyletism. This is heretical. How can we condemn ethno-phyletism as a heresy in 1872 and still practice the same thing in the twenty-first century in North America ?"
Metropolitan Philip further observed that:
"Ironically enough, when ethnic ecclesiology began to flourish and prosper in the nineteenth century, it was the Pan-Orthodox Synod of Constantinople itself that condemned ecclesiological ethno-phyletism as a heresy in 1872."
http://credo.stormloader.com/Ecumenic/philioc...
I am researching this Metropolitan and more specifics of what he is stating I will get back to you
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#463018 Jul 17, 2013
Confrint, Try this video instead. The above one did not work.

vimeo.com/52656941

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#463019 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme:
Don't overgeneralize please....
I consider a good deal of my conversion to the RCC was due to the prayers of an old, very holy Orthodox woman, attending a RCC....
I knew immediately when I met her.
Human Being I wasnt talking about you. I dont even know what you are talking about LOL
Be well

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#463020 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Purgatory proclaimed a dogma by Council of Florence "If they have died repentant for their sins and having love of God, but have not made satisfaction for things they have done or omitted by fruits worthy of penance, then their souls, after death, are cleansed by the punishment of Purgatory; also ... the suffrages of the faithful still living are efficacious in bringing them relief from such punishment, namely the Sacrifice of the Mass, prayers and almsgiving and other works of piety which, in accordance with the designation of the Church, are customarily offered by the faithful for each other." Council of Florence (1438-1443)
*Notice: faithful still living are efficacious in bringing them relief from such punishment.
-so sinners here can pray for relief of punishment but the sacrifice of Jesus Christ cannot keep a person out of purgatory.
-if this isn't a doctrine from Satan himself, I'll buy you a watch.
WORKS.

NOT ONLY YOUR OWN WORKS but those if OTHERS,???

And what about LIMBO

for babies still??

Since: Jul 08

Medina, OH

#463021 Jul 17, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the modern translations seem to lose something.
Yup -- the archaic English.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#463022 Jul 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I state I believe in a "goddess"?
:o)
Zeus rules - others drool!!
You didn't state you worshipped a goddess. As you are new-age I believed that was the case.

The mythology of Zeus is that he had a goddess-wife named Juno. Do you ignore her as did the men who thought Zeus was the all-powerful one of the couple???

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463023 Jul 17, 2013
It's a pity that the Christian god (stolen from the Jews) doesn't have a wife.

He would a lot more understanding of the women's lot in life if he a good wife to put him in his place.

Tongue in cheek

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#463024 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No pride on my part Nick. I think you and Sera have many times suggested you're not offended by criticism of your Church, in fact Sera has told me to bring it on, but the minute I do you start questioning my sincerity and accuse me of being prideful. I don't think you're being reasonable.
We give you the answers you seek but you refuse to except them so that shows your intent.Your goal is to try to upset us with your post about the Orthodox church which we are not upset.its your patback for my posts on the catholic church.Your sincerity is transparent!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463025 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Interesting. So I am a fool because I am a man, and have an opinion on a woman's issue....
Your opinion about abortion is foolish ... so does that make you a fool? I believe it does.

The following is what occurs when women are prevented from going to clinics or hospitals where abortions are allowed.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following.

In an article about these women titled “Illegal-Abortion Deaths in the United States: Why Are They Still Occurring?” in Family Planning Perspectives written by staff members of the Centers for Disease Control, we learn that years after the legalization of abortion:

A 32-year-old black married woman with five children was found unresponsive in the bathroom of her home in a large Southeastern city. She was dead on arrival at a local hospital. An autopsy showed a catheter protruding from the cervix and a fetus at 32 weeks gestation. Cause of death was a large air embolus. The woman was employed as a ward clerk in obstetrics and gynecology at the hospital where she died, and first-trimester abortions were performed there. She and her husband were black Muslims. He forbade her to use contraceptives and refused to sign tubal ligation papers after her last pregnancy. She wanted an abortion but her husband would not allow it. She allegedly obtained a rubber catheter from the hospital and attempted to induce her own abortion.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463026 Jul 17, 2013
What I find irritating about the subject of abortion, is that many women of religion are using the clinics and then pretending they are NOT using the clinics.

Damned hypocrites.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#463027 Jul 17, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
Is this also what the angel said?
Just proves you to be a liar hojo. A big LIAR.
Why don't you go play with someone else's Bible? How about the Mormons or Muslims. They got a bible too, ya know?

Catholics follow the word of God- both written and oral. In fact, the CC told you the writings were the word of God, and now you stab them in the back with it.

And to boot, you only follow whatever you see in our written scriptures! You don't even follow what the Apostles taught about their writings! That its very bold of you.

It seems to me, Tiger, if you were really interested in what the Apostles taught when they explained their writings, you'd go to the writings of their students. None of you will dare venture there. It would destroy the SDA cult if they considered what the Apostles actually taught. Fundamental Christianity completely relies on ignoring what the first Christians understood.

Here is what the Disciple of John said about the Sabbath

"For if we live after the manner of Judaism, we avow that we have not received grace. If then those who had walked in ancient practices attained unto newness of hope, no longer observing Sabbaths, but fashioning their lives after the Lords day (Sunday), on which our lives ALSO rose with Him and through His death.....how shall we be able to live apart from Him?
It is monsterous to talk of Jesus Christ and still practice Judaism. For Christianity did not believe in Judaism, but Judaism in Christianity"
Ignatius to the Magnesians
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#463028 Jul 17, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Whether I get to heaven or not, or others get to heaven or not, is not for me to judge.
But in your arrogant state of superiority ... you HAVE judged.

If that were not so, you would not BE "attached" to any other religion.

You people believe that a god exists and you can jump the gun and judge for yourselves that YOU are worthy of heaven.

And don't try the B.S. of humility that you might just be the one to go to hell.

You are too damned arrogant to even think THAT.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#463029 Jul 17, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Start eating it!! You "conveniently" left off the last part which says" "Holy Mary Mother of God--PRAY FOR US-!!!
hojo

Chaska, MN

#463030 Jul 17, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Pride is a sin period no matter where you use it.Someone who is secure in there faith and knows 100 percent sure that theie church is the True Church, doesn't need to brag.
You seem to be doing a "pretty good job" of boasting, and bragging about the Orthodox Church and its history, yourself--as you believe it!........ I'm secure enough in my faith about Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church to "defend it" against many non-catholics on this forum who have an anti-catholic agenda, to preach heresy and spread false and distorted teachings in an attempt to undermine, TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE Interpretation of the Bible..........unsuccessfully, I might add)!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#463031 Jul 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "hail" as defined in the dictionary means ---"to greet. welcome, acknowledge, to say hello!! The words "hail Mary" are a greeting, expressing recognition of her as the Mother of Jesus. It has "nothing to do" with worshiping her, as you in your "distorted, perverted and and twisted "anti-catholic" thinking just keep "making these things up"!!
POPE PRAYER TO MARY.

Pope John Paul bowing before a statue of Mary in worship.(See below right pic as well)

On May 7 Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to "the Virgin Mary" and urged all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. He noted the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--"Woman, behold thy son!" and "Behold thy mother!" (John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement "IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community ... which furthermore is based on the will of Christ" (Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

John Paul II underlined that "the history of Christian piety teaches that MARY IS THE PATH THAT LEADS TO CHRIST, and that filial devotion to her does not at all diminish intimacy with Jesus, but rather, it increases it and leads it to very high levels of perfection." He concluded by asking all Christians "to make room (for Mary) in their daily lives, ACKNOWLEDGING HER PROVIDENTIAL ROLE IN THE PATH OF SALVATION"
hojo

Chaska, MN

#463032 Jul 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We prayed to Mary
We crowned fer with blossoms
Our school had a grotto for just that purpose .
It was very pretty.
We DON'T pray to her!! She is acknowledged to act as an "intercessor" in prayer and that it all!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Married in 10,654
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web