Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599565 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#462618 Jul 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I DON'T EXPECT AND INFIDEL SUCH AS YOUR SELF ...THAT CONTENDS AGAINST GOD'S WORD
YOU ARE DEAD TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE ..

Is that an insult? lol Are you talking to your buddy Herme? Another example of not calling names and being nice? So is just the Protestants, non protestant, catholic or Orthodox with your truth that have any possibility of salvation?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#462619 Jul 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>It simple Dusty....the catholic church is an abortion from the truth...the bride of frankenstien...and if you want I can post you a link of more than a handful of evil popes.Hows that for me being honest and yes In this post I am smearing the catholic church which is aready smeared from its own doings.Thank you very much and have a nice day! And yes, I already know by posting this post that I have sinned and that it is not Christian of me.But when you have an enemy as yourself,you must fight fire with fire.
You sinned alot before this. Bless those who curse you. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those trespass against us. I forgive you. I will pray for you and I pray for Nick too as I do not need to pray in public to be seen. I pray that God leads the leaders of the church to unite in truth. The hate is coming from your end not ours, but at least you acknowledge your sin while at the same time vowing to do it more. Good stuff!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462620 Jul 16, 2013
I just found out that a most kind and gentle man committed suicide.

He was a wonderful husband and a wonderful father to his children, with no financial difficulties, no health problems, didn't suffer from depression, loved the outdoors, skiing, et cetera ... had no enemies whatsoever ... yet he left others behind to always wonder why.

From my perception he cared too much about helping others and in so doing, way over-extended his self.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462621 Jul 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
First off Sera - I asked you to answer, not some website.
http://oca.org/questions/sacramentconfession/...
The arrogance of Christianity.....
QUESTION:
Canít I go to God, who already knows what Iíve done, and confess?
ANSWER:
Yes, one can confess directly to Godóbut refusing to confess in the presence of a priest implies that one can also be oneís own spiritual physician.
Just another fallacy created by men to control men, or to deceive them into thinking they "need the Church".
I think you forgot the part of the equation that states....
"My life is between me and God."
"one must have a personal relationship with 'God'".
Your version negates both of these statements.
*sighs*
sorry to have disappoint you.Would an invite to dinner make up for it.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462622 Jul 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I DON'T EXPECT AND INFIDEL SUCH AS YOUR SELF ...THAT CONTENDS AGAINST GOD'S WORD
YOU ARE DEAD TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE ..
It all depend who tells the story ... doesn't it?

When YOU tell it the bible and its words always fall under YOUR spell.

When KayMarie tells the story ... the bible falls under his spell.

In your own eyes you people are really "something."
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462623 Jul 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I wish there were NO abortions as it would be better for all involved.
But as there will be women having abortions, I trust the women to make their own decisions, and I will strive to keep the clinics open for those who decide that abortion is what makes the most sense to them in their specific situations.
You can pretend that you are working for a god if it so pleases you and you can believe that a god is offended by abortion. I don't happen to agree with your opinion.
From my point of view it is all important to do everything in my power to keep the women alive, and keeping the clinics open is the best solution concerning the issue.
Grams said: Actually I wish there were NO abortions as it would be better for all involved.

**LOL..That's why you support killing of unborn children...because you wish there were no more.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462624 Jul 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I DON'T EXPECT AND INFIDEL SUCH AS YOUR SELF ...THAT CONTENDS AGAINST GOD'S WORD
YOU ARE DEAD TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE ..
Is that an insult? lol Are you talking to your buddy Herme? Another example of not calling names and being nice? So is just the Protestants, non protestant, catholic or Orthodox with your truth that have any possibility of salvation?
Jealous of hermi's friendship with confronting? Look in the mirror before judging others with your PERSONAL attacks..in fact I do believe that's what this isreally all about.You catholics are jealous of the friendship that hermi and I have with the protestants here. Its not really the attacks to your church.Thats the excuse you make but the really truth is JEALOUSY..they don't attack us because we respect them.We know what they believe about certain things in our church like icons etc.We do not take it personally nor have the need to defend our belief.Thats what an open dialog is all about.its not about bullying name calling and p---ing in the wind about my church is better than your church.There are faults in all of MANS doings.
Clay

United States

#462625 Jul 16, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Clay you said Sera said "it is a Catholic thing". She corrected this. She replied that she said she believed there was more abuse in the ath Church cause thats what you see on the news.( posted the number) You basically called her a liar and claimed she said it was a "Catholic thing" I posted the link. What does it take for you to admit it and not twist.Now it was your "interpretation".
.
I don't care to Prestonize these discussions. I mean, we are all adults here. The issue at hand isn't whether or not it was a direct quote. The issue is what Sera was trying to imply. So in that respect, I totally stand by my original accusation that she believes its a 'Catholic thing'. Now you've clarified on her behalf, that she is saying child sexual abuse is more of a problem in the Catholic Church then the Orthodox Church, because its plastered on the news more.
Well, that's STILL a reckless position from you. Its STILL an irresponsible statement. I see it as combining slander with your defense of the Orthodox Church.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#462626 Jul 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For a man called of God you certainly have a difficult time answering questions regarding things of God!!!
Do you agree with the teaching of the Catholics and the SBC:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...
And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..
I am neither catholic nor do I belong to the SBC. my beliefs are that of a definite SECOND WORK of GRACE, and which is that of the Holiness Movement, which follows a very close Walk with the Lord.

you have been told time and time again, that Jesus is God.

so that makes you a heretic of the First degree, in which the Bible tells us what to do with people like you. therefore I am not going to respond further to you about this silly game that you wish to display on this forum.

feel free to call me a coward all that you wish, the honest people on it know that I am not afraid to voice my opinion backed up by the Lord's Word.

now go back and play with your crayons again and don't eat any. if the electric goes out in your nursing home, those crayons will provide light the same as a candle would.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462627 Jul 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You sinned alot before this. Bless those who curse you. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those trespass against us. I forgive you. I will pray for you and I pray for Nick too as I do not need to pray in public to be seen. I pray that God leads the leaders of the church to unite in truth. The hate is coming from your end not ours, but at least you acknowledge your sin while at the same time vowing to do it more. Good stuff!
thanku dusty ...and I will pray for you and all those that curse me....the hate comes from both ends dusty admit it please.When you humble yourself I will humble myself and beg for forgiveness for attacking your church.But PERSOANL attacks from BOTH sides must end!WE ARE ALL SINNERS..YOU ME EVERYONE.....I SIN YES I SIN...I AM A SINNER BUT NOT A LAIR!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462628 Jul 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How do babies of those in other religions and Atheists have a relationship with your imaginary Satan???
HOW??? Yet you believe they deserve hell while YOU deserve heaven.
You ignorant self-centered fool!!!
~~~

GOD DON'T SEND ANY ONE TO HELL...THEY MAKE THE OWN CHOICE TO GO THERE themselves...JUST AS YOU HAVE..and defend you choice against freedom...

You are the one that has chosen to receive eternal punishment as apposed to believing upon the Lord Jesus Christ, and entering in to His rest..

You alone have decided the fate of your soul...

You have been expose to The Love of God and evidently have chosen to rail upon Him...for some insane reason..

You will have hell pay and no on but you will be responsible for what you have opted to do.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462629 Jul 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care to Prestonize these discussions. I mean, we are all adults here. The issue at hand isn't whether or not it was a direct quote. The issue is what Sera was trying to imply. So in that respect, I totally stand by my original accusation that she believes its a 'Catholic thing'. Now you've clarified on her behalf, that she is saying child sexual abuse is more of a problem in the Catholic Church then the Orthodox Church, because its plastered on the news more.
Well, that's STILL a reckless position from you. Its STILL an irresponsible statement. I see it as combining slander with your defense of the Orthodox Church.
No WRONG! Unless you live in my brain or my heart you can not say what I meant.I STAND BY WHAT I SAY...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#462630 Jul 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Seri, God supplies all our needs. Blessing to you.
why didn't you apologize to her?

you made a statement that was untrue.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462631 Jul 16, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Grams said: Actually I wish there were NO abortions as it would be better for all involved.
**LOL..That's why you support killing of unborn children...because you wish there were no more.
I wish the situations in the lives of women were such that they didn't feel compelled TO have abortions.

But since they do feel compelled to have abortions for their own personal reasons, I want the clinics to stay open so they don't have a desperate need to perform the abortions on their selves, et cetera.

Is that more clear to you?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#462632 Jul 16, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Jealous of hermi's friendship with confronting? Look in the mirror before judging others with your PERSONAL attacks..in fact I do believe that's what this isreally all about.You catholics are jealous of the friendship that hermi and I have with the protestants here. Its not really the attacks to your church.Thats the excuse you make but the really truth is JEALOUSY..they don't attack us because we respect them.We know what they believe about certain things in our church like icons etc.We do not take it personally nor have the need to defend our belief.Thats what an open dialog is all about.its not about bullying name calling and p---ing in the wind about my church is better than your church.There are faults in all of MANS doings.
I will pray for you. Far from jealous, but your hypocrisy and lies were noted and proven long ago. So are you an infidel or not? Have you checked with the confrinters? Are you dead to the truth or is that just Catholics? Or do select Orthodox get a Gif pass?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#462633 Jul 16, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care to Prestonize these discussions. I mean, we are all adults here. The issue at hand isn't whether or not it was a direct quote. The issue is what Sera was trying to imply. So in that respect, I totally stand by my original accusation that she believes its a 'Catholic thing'. Now you've clarified on her behalf, that she is saying child sexual abuse is more of a problem in the Catholic Church then the Orthodox Church, because its plastered on the news more.
Well, that's STILL a reckless position from you. Its STILL an irresponsible statement. I see it as combining slander with your defense of the Orthodox Church.
I worked with victims and offenders for 22 years.I have done abuse investigations. I have dealt with institutional and family cover ups. I have dealt with institutions with wonderful anti-sexual abuse policies that few followed and the hierarchy devised to protect themselves.Deal with that for 22 years and then tell me my caution is reckless. I did not sat I believed the sexual abuse is worse in the Cath than Ortho Church. I said it is worse than other Churches.You think you know about sexual abuse in institutions? You think you know about policies and cover ups? How many offenders have you dealt with? ow many institutions? How many victims? Also I never ever defended abuse in the Orthio Church by referring to the Cath Church. That's your and Storm's practice.Is there no shame in misquoting and rewriting history?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462634 Jul 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
GOD DON'T SEND ANY ONE TO HELL...THEY MAKE THE OWN CHOICE TO GO THERE themselves...
OH I SEE! So you are choosing to go to Muslim hell HUH???

Nice PLAY!!!

:)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462635 Jul 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am neither catholic nor do I belong to the SBC. my beliefs are that of a definite SECOND WORK of GRACE, and which is that of the Holiness Movement, which follows a very close Walk with the Lord.
WOW!!! No wonder you are so impressed with your self.

That's quite a mouthful! It's almost a sermon within a sermon.

:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462636 Jul 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish the situations in the lives of women were such that they didn't feel compelled TO have abortions.
But since they do feel compelled to have abortions for their own personal reasons, I want the clinics to stay open so they don't have a desperate need to perform the abortions on their selves, et cetera.
Is that more clear to you?
as mud
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#462637 Jul 16, 2013
"You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday.

The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctified." James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers (1917 ed.), pp.72,73

"If protestants would follow the Bible, they should worship God on the Sabbath Day.

In keeping the Sunday they are following a law of the Catholic Church." Albert Smith, chancellor of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, replying for the cardinal in a letter of Feb. 10, 1920.

Question: "Have you not any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?"

Answer: "Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her - she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority" Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism 3rd ed. p. 174

"Question: How prove you that the Church hath power to command feasts and holydays?

Answer: By the very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, which Protestants allow of; and therefore they fondly contradict themselves, by keeping Sunday strictly, and breaking most other feasts commanded by the same Church." Henry Tuberville, An Abridgment of the Christian Doctrine (1833 approbation), p.58 (Same statement in Manual of Christian Doctrine, ed. by Daniel Ferris [1916 ed.], p.67)

"The Catholic Church,... by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday." The Catholic Mirror, official organ of Cardinal Gibbons, Sept. 23, 1893.

1. Is Saturday the 7th day according to the Bible and the 10 Commandments?

I answer yes.

2. Is Sunday the first day of the week and did the Church change the 7th day, Saturday, for Sunday, the 1st day?

I answer yes.

3. Did Christ change the day?

I answer no! Faithfully yours,

J. Cardinal Gibbons" Gibbons' autograph letter.

Some theologians have held that God likewise directly determined the Sunday as the day of worship in the NEW LAW, that he himself has explicitly substituted sunday for the Sabbath.

But this theory is entirely abandoned.

It is now commonly held that God simply gave His church the power to set aside whatever day or days she would deem suitable as holy days.

The church chose sunday, the first day of the week, and in the course of time added other days as holy days." John Laux A Course in Religion for Catholic High Schools and Academies 1936, vol.1 p.51

Question: Which is the Sabbath day?

Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemity from Saturday to Sunday." Peter Geiermann, The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1946 ed.), p.50. Geiermann received the "apostolic blessing" of Pope Pius X on his labors, January 25, 1910.

The Church changed the observance of the Sabbath to Sunday by right of the divine, infallible authority given to her by her Founder, Jesus Christ.

The Protestant, claiming the Bible to be the only guide of faith, has no warrant for observing Sunday.

In this matter the Seventh Day Adventist is the only consistent Protestant. The Catholic Universe Bulletin, Aug. 14, 1942, p.4

The observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the [Catholic] church." Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About the Protestantism of Today (1868), p. 213

http://www.remnantofgod.org/sabhist.htm#2

Just to clarify some facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 20 min Paul Porter1 258
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr Tricky little mon... 84,300
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Gee Tee 9,601
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web