Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,318)

Showing posts 446,341 - 446,360 of529,840
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="hojo"
Thanks for you comments KayMarie, The fact is that sola scriptura does not avoid "wild teachings" contradiction and inconsistencies, regarding doctrine and bible interpretation......... It has only "multiplied and complicated the problem of interpretation..... The thousands and thousands of Protestant conflicting denomination and doctrine of beliefs (since the Reformation) PROVE THIS TO BE THE CASE......... This is exactly why (again) Paul says in I Timothy 3:15 that the CHURCH (bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! If there is a contradiction, inconsistency, difference of opinion,or conflict we are told to "take it to the Church"!! Hope things are well with you!!

I'm doing pretty good for an old fossil, thank you. God has blessed me.

I do not believe that Sola Scripture has complicated matters...matters which existed before the compilation of the Bible. If only one 'church' were allowed to exist in this world, that 'matter' would still be a problem.

The CC has been in existence for a long while, but it has not been without internal problems. WHY? Because it is administrated by men...who are in different stages of understanding.

Many Protestant churches are not different at all...just have different names due to location, and/or the families that built them.

Jesus prayed that we might all BE one, not that we might all join one group. I have Christian brothers and sisters (who agree in spirit with me) all over the world. Their churches have different names; some don't baptize in the same way, or have some other minor differences.(Sprinkle, submerge, etc.)

KayMarie

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Seri, God supplies all our needs.Amen. Blessing to you.
Blessings to you also....
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for you comments KayMarie, The fact is that sola scriptura does not avoid "wild teachings" contradiction and inconsistencies, regarding doctrine and bible interpretation......... It has only "multiplied and complicated the problem of interpretation..... The thousands and thousands of Protestant conflicting denomination and doctrine of beliefs (since the Reformation) PROVE THIS TO BE THE CASE......... This is exactly why (again) Paul says in I Timothy 3:15 that the CHURCH (bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! If there is a contradiction, inconsistency, difference of opinion,or conflict we are told to "take it to the Church"!! Hope things are well with you!!
'The fact is that sola scriptura does not avoid "wild teachings" contradiction and inconsistencies, regarding doctrine and bible interpretation.'

Yes it does! If your church does not use the Bible alone your in the wrong church.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"...you will not see me behind you."
- Of course I won't, because "I'm the last in line."
:o)
LOL Again with the logical mind

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true......
Hojo...there have always been people who come up with strange interpretations. The Sola Scripture was instituted to help avoid some of this. The idea is that doctrine's must not disagree with what is written.
People STILL come up with some pretty wild teachings which can generally be corrected by a closer and more complete study of what the Bible presents.
Hundreds of years as a best-seller for which men will die (and by which the live godly lives), has authenticated it.
KayMarie
"the Bible....as a best seller"
- this should actually be....

"The Bible - the only book GIVEN TO THE MOST PEOPLE."

One should not have to pay for the Bible.

If you do, then you have partaken in a "profit of of God and Jesus" campaign, placing money as the superior aspect of the transaction.

Religion should not cost anyone anything, but unfortunately, religion spawns greed:
- Religious goods selling
- Manufacturing and the selling of crosses
- Selling bibles
- Selling Eucharist supplies/wafers to churches
- Selling flowers to churches
etc..etc...etc...

The next time you think money isn't heavily involved with religion, just think of the payouts the Catholic Church has made to the victims of child abuse that they cover-up with those settlements.

As I started the post with repeating what seems to be something you like to say openly - "the Bible....as a best seller"
- is completely based in greed.

My suggestion to you - boycott the selling and buying of religious items.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
And I always "got" the message of "Onward Christian Soldiers"....
Of COURSE you did "Oh self-perceived holy one.

You were the righteous Christian that fought the evil of the devil on earth ... yet without that concept of a devil burning evil souls in hell for eternity in a hereafter ... you can't picture your self as avoiding hell to rise to the GRAND state of HEAVEN.

You are nothing but an ignorant self-ingratiating beast!

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

God has blessed me.
You BELIEVE a god has blessed you, and will curse other in a hereafter.

It makes you HAPPY to BELIEVE that you are not going to be cursed, while other evil souls WILL be cursed.

Your religion suits you to a T ... and that is nothing for which to BE proud!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="Human Being"
marge:
God's blessing on you....
I had to have a serious talk with God on the issue of "confession" a couple of days ago.
Being raised a non-Catholic, I find it "easier" to go directly to God for confession and repentance. I also know, when God is working with me my penance, and know his forgiveness.... And I go hastily to God for both.
I am a bit reluctant to go to a priest for "confession". But consider it one more of reconciliation with God and believers. In a certain sense it is a ritual, but all things carry this aspect. We tend to "ritualize" our confession to God.
I try to remember James 5:16, when it comes to confession. It is "harder" to do, but we must go to those we have offended and ask forgiveness. It is best to give forgiveness to others before asking God to forgive one's own sins....

Actually, Jesus said that 'if you WILL not forgive (others), My Father WILL NOT forgive you'.

So, if one will not forgive others, they keep their own blessings 'bound up'. Jesus said (NOT just to Peter),'Whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven'. Those who keep others 'bound' by their unforgiveness' are themselves 'bound'.

Jesus said to 'agree quickly with your adversary', because when you appear in court the judge will "throw the book at you".

Want to STAND in God's presence INNOCENT and forgiven? Then forgive others, and settle the matter BEFORE THE JUDGE has to do the job.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>arge the Orthodox DO NOT go to man for confession.We confess to God and our priest stands besides us.But we talk to God not to our priest..
Why would anyone need a witness?
- To ensure the person isn't lying?
- to ensure the person is speaking truthfully?
- How is that another person can discern these two differences?
- what benefit is had, when a witness is present?
- what exactly does the witness do, afterwards?

What exactly does the person do afterwards?

*sighs*

More "tough questions" to answer. Can you give answers to these through honesty?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true...... Furthermore--where does it say, IN the bible that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired words--ONLY in the Bible....... The answer is--NOWHERE!! The fact is that the bible says JUST THE OPPOSITE!..... Paul tells us in I Timothy 3:15, that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar. pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....,. He also tells us that when there is a disagreement or a conflict to "take it to the Church" (not the bible)......This bible only teaching of yours, has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical to TRUTH to back up ANY of your distorted and heretical Sola Scriptura preaching!........ I grew up, was taught, and lived this bible only (man-made) manipulated lie that you keep trying to "pass off" on your uniformed "few followers" for over 35 years as a Protestant. God and Jesus Christ--by the power, direction and guidance of HIS Holy Spirit, eventually led me to the Historical and biblical TRUTH that has, is and will always be "grounded" in the TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and His (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church-----not the only Church---but the one TRUE Church, that preaches, teaches and proclaims the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!!!!!
~~~

YOU SPEND YOUR LIFE TIME REVERING EVERY THING THAT YOU CAN PHYSICALLY FIND THAT YOU BELIEVE REMOTELY PERTAINS TO CHRISTIANITY...

You worship every stage prop and supporting actor that participated
in the drama on the stage...but in/with it all you have obscured the
divine purpose for which Jesus Christ suffered and died...

Yet YOU miss the true reason for the sufferings... death... resurrection
and ascension of GOD'S ONLY INCARNATE BEGOTTEN SON..

IT IS

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain
Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,

For my pardon, this I see,
For my cleansing this my plea,

Refrain
Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,

Nothing can for sin atone,
Naught of good that I have done,

Refrain
Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,

This is all my hope and peace,
This is all my righteousness,

Refrain
Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,

Now by this Iíll overcomeó
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
Now by this Iíll reach my homeó

Refrain
Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,

Glory! Glory! This I singó
Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
All my praise for this I bringó

Refrain
Oh! precious is the flow
No other fount I know,
____
ONE DOES NOT DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS,,,,

JESUS SAID

Mat_15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

Mar_7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

I understand why so many Christians are flocking to modern Paganism to a new belief that the goddess loves everybody unconditionally.

The thought of hanging out with Christians that believe they are saved and others will spend eternity in hell makes my skin crawl.

To be honest I'd rather commit suicide than to belong to an organization that is full of such arrogance. And I am serious.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
You are all about your self. "God has blessed me. God loves me. God has saved me. ME ... ME ... ME !!!"

That fact that you believe little children of Muslims, Buddhist, Hindus, Atheists, et cetera deserve to go to hell for eternity for not being born into your religion ... shows your REAL character ... and it is NOT a nice character. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Again with the logical mind
Just trying to keep people on their toes today!!

:o)

Seriously - look for me to be behind you or standing beside you!

:oP

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

ONE DOES NOT DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS,,,,

JESUS SAID

Mat_15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

Mar_7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

ONE INGEST JESUS INTO HIS HEART BY

ACCEPTING HIM AS THEIR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR..

THE TRUE EUCHARIST IS RECEIVING JESUS INTO ONE'S HEART,

BY FAITH THUS HAVING CONTINUAL COMMUNION WITH HIM..

BEING ABLE TO SAY...

Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ:

nevertheless I live;

yet not I,

but Christ liveth in me: and

the life which I now live in the flesh

I live by the faith of the Son of God,

who loved me, and

gave himself for me.

___

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart,

Who shall ascend into heaven?(that is,

to bring Christ down from above:)

Rom 10:7 Or,

Who shall descend into the deep?(that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Rom 10:8 But what saith it?

The word is nigh thee,

even in thy mouth, and

in thy heart:

that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,

and shalt believe in thine heart

that God hath raised him from the dead,

thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;and

with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,

Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek:

for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord

shall be saved.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I get tired of the remaking of History by Dust Storm etc. I decided too look up what Sera said and it is exactly what we reported that she said.I am not going to continue to put the time in correcting what Dust or anyone says we said.
Seraphima
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh. The 1054 part is a fair statement. I get why you believe it. Its fine we disagree.... But the nasty past part, when you're an Orthodox?? You guys did plenty wrong. Please don't play the victim. And I'm not even speaking about the Russian Orthodox either. Just like when you implied that sexual abuse is a Althougha issue when all the statistics show its equally an issue in th Orthodox Church.
All of us have wronged others. We er up as you find in your churchas all in need of Gods Mercy.
SERA'S STATEMENT BELOW:
Get your facts straight Clay....you wont find sexual abuse plastered on the news on TV from the Orthodox church plus a cover up to boot as we see from your church.
Sera said
"Get your facts straight Clay... you won't find sexual abuse plastered on the news on tv from the Orthodox church plus a cover up to boot as yes see from your church"

Ok, my interpretation of your above statement says that you believe its a Catholic thing; its a Catholic issue; the problem is within the Catholic Church and not the Orthodox Church because we are on tv more.

Since there are no facts to support the problem being a Catholic issue more so than an Orthodox issue, I felt you were purposely letting a little slander in to go along with your other rants about the CC.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

According to KayMarie ... God overlooked all those other people in all the other religions through the eons of time ... specifically to call Kaymarie to his service to preach the one and only truth EVER known to humanity.

And KayMarie doesn't recognize that statement is based on arrogance.

"I was blind but now I see" were words written by a Christian with the same self-righteous attitude as KayMarie, Robert F and all these other preachers of Christianity.

Yet they don't agree that each other will be "saved."

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="confrinting with the word[/QUOTE]

Each time you preach a sermon at others, I will preach this one at you.

Until one of us tire of the game. Others might call it spamming. I call it self defense.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

You are all about your self. "God has blessed me. God loves me. God has saved me. ME ... ME ... ME !!!"

That fact that you believe little children of Muslims, Buddhist, Hindus, Atheists, et cetera deserve to go to hell for eternity for not being born into your religion ... shows your REAL character ... and it is NOT a nice character. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
I understand why so many Christians are flocking to modern Paganism to a new belief that the goddess loves everybody unconditionally.
The thought of hanging out with Christians that believe they are saved and others will spend eternity in hell makes my skin crawl.
To be honest I'd rather commit suicide than to belong to an organization that is full of such arrogance. And I am serious.
~~~

Deu_30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

who="June VanDerMark" I suggest you check out the following data, and then compare it to the bragging of Christians that Jesus brought the only "truth" from a god to earth for the first time in human history 2000 years ago.
Why would a creator of any decent character whatsoever wait until 2000 years ago to give humans truth when humans existed much, much longer on earth???
You Christian right-fighters choose to be arrogant idiots.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Jesus said that 'the Truth will set you free'.

1st day: Creation of heaven and earth.
2nd day: Firmament of heaven
3rd Day: Dry Land, trees and grass
4th Day: Sun, moon and stars
5th Day: Sea creatures and birds
6th Day: Man created
7th Day: First Sabbath

As 'one thousand days' of man is One Day with God...this period of seven days was One Week (of one thousand year days) in God's time.

Then Mankind's history, including the establishment of Israel until the time of Jesus, involves 4,000 years (or four days) of God's time.

Then from the time of Jesus until now involves approximately 2,000 years, or two more days.

We seem to be approaching the end which culminates with the tribulation. Then the Seventh Day (second Sabbath of God)(the millennial reign of Jesus for 1,000 years) will conclude the SECOND WEEK of God's time.

KayMarie

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
What can wash away my sin?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 446,341 - 446,360 of529,840
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••