Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,317)

Showing posts 446,321 - 446,340 of530,112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who say
not me
i never say
i am bigger then God..

i am not care to much for any authority
noooooooo
finishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
nk

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="Tony17"Now why was I thinking you were a female?

Because he and I (wife) write under the same name. But I sign my work with 'KayMarie'

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

National Geographic

The new date also widens the gap between when anatomically modern humans emerged and when "cultural" traits—such as the creation of art and music, religious practices, and sophisticated tool-making techniques—seem to have appeared. Evidence of culture is not extensively documented in the archaeological record until around 50,000 years ago.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I DON'T EXPECT AND INFIDEL SUCH AS YOUR SELF ...THAT CONTENDS AGAINST GOD'S WORD
YOU ARE DEAD TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE ..
I understand the bible ACCURATELY, PRECISELY and CORRECTLY with regard to the TRUE interpretation, from the words of Jesus and the Apostles from which it was compiled and written in 382,393 and 397 interpreted by the Early Church Fathers.......... You, my friend, have done nothing but continue to "manipulate" and "opinionize" every bible verse to "make it mean "ONLY" what you,(Confrinting), want it to mean, based on your vindictive (anti-catholic) hostility, vengeance and hate against Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.......With regard to my own "personal faith, salvation and born again Christianity---YOU ARE NOT MINE nor ANYONE ELSE'S ----final judge as to my own personal(again) faith, salvation and born again Christian experience.
It was bible only Protestant preachers like you, that the Holy Spirit begin to "open my eyes" to the deception and distortion of the lies that were being spread against other Christians, the Churches they worshiped,(especially Catholics) in and their personal faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ......I/we as Catholics continue to remain with our Protestant brothers and sisters created by God Our Father and as unified Christians under Jesus Christ HIMSELF, despite condemning, judgemental and heretical preachers such as you!!

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

So just supposing that humans were practicing religion 50,000 years ago.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they also believed that saviors were coming to rescue THEM as being HOLY enough to travel on equal air-waves WITH gods.

Christians didn't create that game of salvation. It's an old one ... born of human arrogance.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="June VanDerMark" My father who had left his Christian religion, used to shake his head sideways at the words expressed in the following hymn. Even back then I understood why.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
forward into battle see his banners go!
Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before.
2. At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee;
on then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
(Refrain)
3. Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
one in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
(Refrain)
4. Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
but the church of Jesus constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail;
we have Christ's own promise, and that cannot fail.
(Refrain)
5. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
this through countless ages men and angels sing.
(Refrain)
It is sad that your father never understood that "Christian SOLDIERS" are marching to was AGAINST EVIL...not people. When one tells the truth, loves his neighbor, deals with honesty, etc., he/she is 'warring against EVIL'.
When one condemns others, lies, is cruel, etc., they are NOT in the Christian army. Their cruelty strikes at the heart of those who love God.
Think about it...
KayMarie
confronting:

KayMarie:

Being raised a Methodist, we did a lot of singing. And I always "got" the message of "Onward Christian Soldiers"....

Perhaps unknown to you, is that during the day, the Catholics are encouraged to pray at regular times. And part of these prayers include singing mainly old time gospel songs, most of which are shared with and written by Protestants....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="Tony17" Christ was NOT crucified on a friday. He was crucified on a Wednesday and He rose sometimes that Saturday evening/night going into our Sunday morning before daybreak.
Now do I really need to destroy your theory of friday crucifixion? It's really easy to do.
Close, but not quite:
Mar 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week...
Travel was extremely limited on the Sabbath. The women and the disciples would not have walked any distance to appear at the tomb before the Sabbath was complete.
KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

who="hojo"
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true......
Hojo...there have always been people who come up with strange interpretations. The Sola Scripture was instituted to help avoid some of this. The idea is that doctrine's must not disagree with what is written.
People STILL come up with some pretty wild teachings which can generally be corrected by a closer and more complete study of what the Bible presents.
Hundreds of years as a best-seller for which men will die (and by which the live godly lives), has authenticated it.
KayMarie
Thanks for you comments KayMarie, The fact is that sola scriptura does not avoid "wild teachings" contradiction and inconsistencies, regarding doctrine and bible interpretation......... It has only "multiplied and complicated the problem of interpretation..... The thousands and thousands of Protestant conflicting denomination and doctrine of beliefs (since the Reformation) PROVE THIS TO BE THE CASE......... This is exactly why (again) Paul says in I Timothy 3:15 that the CHURCH (bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! If there is a contradiction, inconsistency, difference of opinion,or conflict we are told to "take it to the Church"!! Hope things are well with you!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Clay

United States

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
13 hrs ago

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:

<quoted text>Correction Clay...I never said the the abuse is only in the catholic church never! I have stated several times that abuse in ANY church was discusting including the Orthodox church.I am an honest poster and the problem that you catholics have with me is that counter attack to your claim of being the TRUE CHURCH.No I was not trying to present the Pope or any of the cardinals as being gay.My intend was the lack of respect in my opinion shown to the Vicor of Christ.If wearing shirts is to constricting then why did the wear pants? Those guys were doing a heck of a lot of splitting with there legs...shirts could have be wore.Body suits.The only presecuting being done to you is coming from your own church...that's the truth.
Sera, you did say that the abuse is a Catholic thing, "that's why its in the news" if I remember your words correctly.

Look, I really ain't interested in he said she said. I know what you are about and I don't feel the need to go back two months to publicly rebuke you. Ill let your conscience be between you and God. He knows if you're deliberately trying to smear the Church with deceptive tactics. He knows if you really said the abuse problem is a Catholic thing and now you deny saying it.
Just leave it at that

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Archeologists assess that the earth is millions of years old.

If that is true, humans were some of the latest animals to evolve on earth into what we are today.

Countless animals became extinct before humans evolved on the scene, and yet humans are so arrogant as to believe that gods favor only humans.

Our species might one day become extinct as did so many other animals that evolved in their day ... and my guess is ... all the right-fighting, torture and killing over religion will also "thankfully" be a thing of the past.

It's not likely that humans will leave religion by choice. It will have to come by a natural happening such as extinction of the human race.

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

For those who believe that the human species came from outer space and brought wisdom to earth ... I suggest if humans were wise, they would not fight over who a god loves and why the god loves only certain people.

I also suggest that if humans originated in other spheres, dimensions of existence ... so did all the other animals such as the dinosaurs.

Picture them coming to earth on their own space-ship ... if you will.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

United States

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
1 hr ago

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:

<quoted text>How can you keep this up. You said she said "IT WAS A CATHOLIC THING." She corrected you, stating that she said she believes there is more sexual abuse in the Cath Church because its in the news more. I took all that time to look up and post her exact quote.Then, confronted with the quote you then change what you said. You claimed she said " It was a Catholic thing". I continue to see Catholics here remake history- both church history and Topix history,and when confronted directly in their face with the truth, continue their falsehoods.Not all.When they are corrected they remake more history and verbally abuse.The Evil One uses a part of the Truth and twists it to psychologically attack.
I was taught it is best not to listen.
I didn't quote her as saying "it was a Catholic thing". I didn't directly quote her at all.
I summed up what she said to the best of my memory. I think your earlier post said it well. You went back and found the exchange.
She thinks that - since its in the news more about Catholics - that we have more of an issue than anyone else, including the Orthodox. I call that misguided ignorance. I don't believe you have any evidence showing how its a Catholic issue. The only thing you got is lopsided media reporting.

So what I was saying, is if you're going to rely on that, then there is a lack of a truthful approach to your posts about this issue

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

that's what clay said

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

oppss I didn't copy the whole thing...brb

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Clay

United States

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
1 hr ago

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:

<quoted text>How can you keep this up. You said she said "IT WAS A CATHOLIC THING." She corrected you, stating that she said she believes there is more sexual abuse in the Cath Church because its in the news more. I took all that time to look up and post her exact quote.Then, confronted with the quote you then change what you said. You claimed she said " It was a Catholic thing". I continue to see Catholics here remake history- both church history and Topix history,and when confronted directly in their face with the truth, continue their falsehoods.Not all.When they are corrected they remake more history and verbally abuse.The Evil One uses a part of the Truth and twists it to psychologically attack.
I was taught it is best not to listen.
I didn't quote her as saying "it was a Catholic thing". I didn't directly quote her at all.
I summed up what she said to the best of my memory. I think your earlier post said it well. You went back and found the exchange.
She thinks that - since its in the news more about Catholics - that we have more of an issue than anyone else, including the Orthodox. I call that misguided ignorance. I don't believe you have any evidence showing how its a Catholic issue. The only thing you got is lopsided media reporting.

So what I was saying, is if you're going to rely on that, then there is a lack of a truthful approach to your posts about this issue

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion teaches negativity ... with the exception of course of the new age Pagan religions that teach a goddess loves everybody, which is also as silly as it gets.
That means that serial killers can kill as many others as suits them and they will not be harshly judged by the goddess. That means that those who used and use their religious beliefs to torture and kill others are also loved by the goddess.
Religion is BUNK!
I suggest we take all the gods and goddesses out of the picture and try to be as kind to each other as our selfish human nature allows.
Methinks the lady
does protest too much

And too often

To not believe in your heart

There is truth in the belief

In Our Lord Jesus
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
marge:
God's blessing on you....
I had to have a serious talk with God on the issue of "confession" a couple of days ago.
Being raised a non-Catholic, I find it "easier" to go directly to God for confession and repentance. I also know, when God is working with me my penance, and know his forgiveness.... And I go hastily to God for both.
I am a bit reluctant to go to a priest for "confession". But consider it one more of reconciliation with God and believers. In a certain sense it is a ritual, but all things carry this aspect. We tend to "ritualize" our confession to God.
I try to remember James 5:16, when it comes to confession. It is "harder" to do, but we must go to those we have offended and ask forgiveness. It is best to give forgiveness to others before asking God to forgive one's own sins....
Thank you Robert and God's blessing on you.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for you comments KayMarie, The fact is that sola scriptura does not avoid "wild teachings" contradiction and inconsistencies, regarding doctrine and bible interpretation......... It has only "multiplied and complicated the problem of interpretation..... The thousands and thousands of Protestant conflicting denomination and doctrine of beliefs (since the Reformation) PROVE THIS TO BE THE CASE......... This is exactly why (again) Paul says in I Timothy 3:15 that the CHURCH (bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH! If there is a contradiction, inconsistency, difference of opinion,or conflict we are told to "take it to the Church"!! Hope things are well with you!!
HOJO

not trying to be mean..But what about the monarchs..clergy and others
Who had the crazy idea that Jews and Protestants could be tortured into belief.

And we're they called heretics and excommunicated for it .
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>arge the Orthodox DO NOT go to man for confession.We confess to God and our priest stands besides us.But we talk to God not to our priest..
Thanks Seri, God supplies all our needs. Blessing to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 446,321 - 446,340 of530,112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••