Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
446,301 - 446,320 of 539,551 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462537 Jul 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Most so called Christians are totally ignorant of the four hidden dynasties of Satan aka the four horns of Revelation yet they try to pawn themselves off as Bible scholars and teachers of Gods word. What a joke many of thes so called Bible scholars are.
They can quote scriptures better than Satan can but in reality they have not an inkling as to the deeper message God is trying to convey in those scriptures.
All these different religions, these different denominations are merely part of the Religious dynasty of the four hidden dynasties of Satan. The RCC, The Seventh Day Adventist,the Jehovah's Witness,the Muslims etc, etc. They are all part of the religious dynasty of the four hidden dynasties of Satan. The Political system,the economical system, the educational system are the other parts of the four hidden dynasties of Satan that he is using to bring about the new world order in opposition to the Lord God Yahovah. And Christians haven;t a clue as to what is taking place before their very Spiritually closed eyes.
So all of Protestantism is part of "God's Dynasty"?

What about Atheism?

What about Gnosticism?

What about Hinduism?

What about Kardashianism?

;o)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462538 Jul 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that Jesus wouldn't love those in other religions???
Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

#462539 Jul 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - "Satan" is a construct of men, to help continue to place fear into those minds who believe.
I agree ... but I also believe that humans were taught that gods exist to take ONLY the good ones to bliss in a hereafter.

It kept the followers fighting over who the gods loved and love ... which has been of equal disturbance to any aim at peace on earth.

Prince George, Canada

#462540 Jul 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I DON'T EXPECT AND INFIDEL SUCH AS YOUR SELF ...THAT CONTENDS AGAINST GOD'S WORD
YOU ARE DEAD TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE ...AND WILL REMAIN SO..
UNTIL YOU ARE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.
You and your EGO are spinning words in the hopes that a god will reward you!

You don't care who your words hurt. It's all about your own concept that you are holy and VERY deserving of salvation.

Albuquerque, NM

#462541 Jul 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now I want you to humble yourself and ask God to help you to endure correction. Your believing that Christ was crucified on a friday and rose on a sunday is just wrong. Simple as that. The following link should help you to see the error in your belief concerning the length of time Christ was in the tomb.
http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/jesus-wa...
Why do you get so upset and rebellious when someone corrects you? You need to pray about that.
Sounds to me that all of Christendom will need to change their proclaimed "holy days".

Let's see, Good Friday now becomes Good Wednesday, and the old Good Friday will now become Easter.

Good luck with that effort.

Tell ya what, I'll help promote it, if you feel it is that important.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#462542 Jul 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Pure logic..
more abuse equals more news, equals catlicks..
less abuse equals less news, equals Protestants..
And even ONE abuse from anyone ...especially those with power
Over children ...is TOO MANY.

Irony care who they are.

The evil one just likes it better when they are men SUPPOSEDLY of God.

Just like any bad acts or words by A CHRISTIAN.

It reflects on the Holy Name for non believers.

ONE from any source is too many

Albuquerque, NM

#462543 Jul 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>You are right and someday Jethro may come to this conclusion also, but then again, he might not live thru this operation without the Help of God, we NEVER know, do we?
when my father was going into surgery, we would not allow them to take him until we had prayer, and shortly they bought him back and the tumor had fastened onto his heart and they could not help him, and on his deathbed, he was found kneeling and there God Saved him and how do I know that, because at around 1:00, the Lord woke me up and told me that he had kept His Promise to me.
God is so good to us even when we turn our backs away from Him, His hands are still outstretched towards US
Jethro - do you beleive "God" is helping you thru this operation?

Please post any and all assistance "He" provides.

Also, if you feel a prayer being answered for you, please make a note of the success of that prayer.

Thanks!

Prince George, Canada

#462544 Jul 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want to dwel in negative things?
Religion teaches negativity ... with the exception of course of the new age Pagan religions that teach a goddess loves everybody, which is also as silly as it gets.

That means that serial killers can kill as many others as suits them and they will not be harshly judged by the goddess. That means that those who used and use their religious beliefs to torture and kill others are also loved by the goddess.

Religion is BUNK!

I suggest we take all the gods and goddesses out of the picture and try to be as kind to each other as our selfish human nature allows.
marge

Ames, IA

#462545 Jul 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true...... Furthermore--where does it say, IN the bible that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired words--ONLY in the Bible....... The answer is--NOWHERE!! The fact is that the bible says JUST THE OPPOSITE!..... Paul tells us in I Timothy 3:15, that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar. pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....,. He also tells us that when there is a disagreement or a conflict to "take it to the Church" (not the bible)......This bible only teaching of yours, has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical to TRUTH to back up ANY of your distorted and heretical Sola Scriptura preaching!........ I grew up, was taught, and lived this bible only (man-made) manipulated lie that you keep trying to "pass off" on your uniformed "few followers" for over 35 years as a Protestant. God and Jesus Christ--by the power, direction and guidance of HIS Holy Spirit, eventually led me to the Historical and biblical TRUTH that has, is and will always be "grounded" in the TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and His (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church-----not the only Church---but the one TRUE Church, that preaches, teaches and proclaims the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!!!!!
2 Cor 1:20 For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes") ascends to God for his glory.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#462546 Jul 16, 2013
www.cwrc-rz.org
Reaching out to those lost in the Church of Rome.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#462547 Jul 16, 2013
who="hojo"
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true......

Hojo...there have always been people who come up with strange interpretations. The Sola Scripture was instituted to help avoid some of this. The idea is that doctrine's must not disagree with what is written.

People STILL come up with some pretty wild teachings which can generally be corrected by a closer and more complete study of what the Bible presents.

Hundreds of years as a best-seller for which men will die (and by which the live godly lives), has authenticated it.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#462548 Jul 16, 2013
yep evil is evil
nothing change and never will be

no any when s day
nopppppppppp

two days light one or half night..
2.5 is nice number
yepppppppppppppppppppp
not when
it will beeeeeeeeeee

Prince George, Canada

#462549 Jul 16, 2013
Here is yet another spinner of biblical words who now claims that god loves everybody and none will be lost to salvation.

My guess is this con-artist took his clue from the modern Pagans that teach a goddess loves everybody.

He could see that to turn Christianity into a made-over religion, followers would flock to him with great gusto. And he was "RIGHT." Suckers are born every day.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"

Here he is in person …

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462550 Jul 16, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to smear the catholic church.
Your church was smeared hundreds of years before I was born.Get use to it.
Oh...Did you tell those Catholics in real life that? Did you insist to them they are an abortion to the truth? Is this an admission that you are a liar? Its obvious to anyone with an ounce of integrity.
The attacks came from you, you just got a response and your hypcocrisy was responded to.
Ah...You must mean like if you want to know the dark side of Catholicism listen to Dust Storm if you want to be a Christian pass. lol Meanwhile true Christians post inflammatory posts mocking the church and all kinds of rubbish and you calling it an abortion and all the evil Catholics will burn in hell of course as there is nothing inflammatory about that. So anything that is posted whether remotely true, implied or a lie is perfect as long as it slanders Catholics and the church. Good stuff you two have there. I dont think those are Orthodox truths just yours. Im sure you can post your truths on an Orthdox forum to Patriarchs and get no argument. lol
Yeah you are a real piece of art. Anyone with an ounce of integrity knows that you are not honest, objective or truthful. However I am sure you will continue to make your half baked, blind observations and quips about what you think you know. Herme and Sere truths. Good stuff! Nothing ever poisonous from you. Abortion to the truth indeed.
You see I dont recall any Catholic claiming they dont care what is posted about the church. You both made the claim you dont care what people on anonymous forum say. You clearly do nor do you care if the massive slander posted often you actually add your own and then lie and say you didnt. How sad. You attack the church expect a response and dont play poor me its really pathetic.
You would have no problem with me if you would stop your slander and attacks, but you insist that you do not lie, but you clearly do. Sorry.
Hey sugar! In my real life my catholic friends know what the orthodox believe.We have friendly discussions about the two churches.They do not personally call me names because I disagree with them nor do I call them names.They unlike the catholics on this forum,are not bullies,lairs,sneaky,prideful. They act like Christians.I post what I post here to put you all in your place.if you acted like human beings then I will treat you as such.You attack THE PROTESTANTS here because of their beliefs and because I defend them you attack me.I will attack your church as long as you attack the protestants.They are more Christ like than you and your buddies and more living the way of truth than you guys are.I am not afraid of you dusty or your buddies.Change your attitude towards the protestants and I will change mine towards your church.Dont be sorry, I know you cant help yourself,but at least try.

Prince George, Canada

#462551 Jul 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo"

Hojo...there have always been people who come up with strange interpretations.
Your interpretations are strange to others. But because you think a god called you ... you are on the righteous one and only track.

Ego does that to people in all religions.

You are not alone.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#462552 Jul 16, 2013
who="June VanDerMark" My father who had left his Christian religion, used to shake his head sideways at the words expressed in the following hymn. Even back then I understood why.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
forward into battle see his banners go!
Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before.
2. At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee;
on then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
(Refrain)
3. Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
one in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
(Refrain)
4. Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
but the church of Jesus constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail;
we have Christ's own promise, and that cannot fail.
(Refrain)
5. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
this through countless ages men and angels sing.
(Refrain)

It is sad that your father never understood that "Christian SOLDIERS" are marching to was AGAINST EVIL...not people. When one tells the truth, loves his neighbor, deals with honesty, etc., he/she is 'warring against EVIL'.

When one condemns others, lies, is cruel, etc., they are NOT in the Christian army. Their cruelty strikes at the heart of those who love God.

Think about it...
KayMarie
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#462553 Jul 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a huge difference among us, we go to God for confession, you go to man.
He alone is one's healer.
marge:

God's blessing on you....

I had to have a serious talk with God on the issue of "confession" a couple of days ago.

Being raised a non-Catholic, I find it "easier" to go directly to God for confession and repentance. I also know, when God is working with me my penance, and know his forgiveness.... And I go hastily to God for both.

I am a bit reluctant to go to a priest for "confession". But consider it one more of reconciliation with God and believers. In a certain sense it is a ritual, but all things carry this aspect. We tend to "ritualize" our confession to God.

I try to remember James 5:16, when it comes to confession. It is "harder" to do, but we must go to those we have offended and ask forgiveness. It is best to give forgiveness to others before asking God to forgive one's own sins....

Prince George, Canada

#462554 Jul 16, 2013
I suggest you check out the following data, and then compare it to the bragging of Christians that Jesus brought the only "truth" from a god to earth for the first time in human history 2000 years ago.

Why would a creator of any decent character whatsoever wait until 2000 years ago to give humans truth when humans existed much, much longer on earth???

You Christian right-fighters choose to be arrogant idiots.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

National Geographic

New dating techniques indicate that the fossils are 195,000 years old. The two skulls and some bones were first uncovered on opposite sides of Ethiopia's Omo River in 1967 by a team led by Richard Leakey. The fossils, dubbed Omo I and Omo II, were dated at the time as being about 130,000 years old. But even then the researchers themselves questioned the accuracy of the dating technique.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#462555 Jul 16, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a huge difference among us, we go to God for confession, you go to man.
He alone is one's healer.
arge the Orthodox DO NOT go to man for confession.We confess to God and our priest stands besides us.But we talk to God not to our priest..
truth

Perth, Australia

#462556 Jul 16, 2013
who say
not me
i never say
i am bigger then God..

i am not care to much for any authority
noooooooo
finishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
nk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 4 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 6
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... 5 hr James 6
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government 5 hr L I G E R 49 7
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 30 ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••