Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699452 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462811 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have idols. We worship only God in the Blessed Trinity.
Why don't you get rid of the pictures and videos of your loved ones?
~~~

YOU WROTE

I DON'T HAVE IMAGES OF MY LOVED ONES IN GOD'S HOUSE

I DON'T SAY "HAIL, KENNY - JIM- RUTH--FRED - JON - DANIEL- SAM

AS YOU SAY HAIL MARY...FULL OF GRACE ETC...

i HAVE NO GOD BUT JEHOVAH...

i DON'T GENUFLECT BEFORE MY LOVED ONES...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462812 Jul 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOUR ABOVE POST IS A SIDE ISSUE...THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION/REDEMPTION...
Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
GOD WILL DEFEND THAT WHICH IS HIS...
IF YOUR CHURCH IS NOT OF GOD..
ALL THE POST THAT YOU CAN WRITE IN IT'S DEFENSE FROM HERE TO ETERNITY
WILL NOT HELP IT..
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Right, it's a side issue.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#462813 Jul 17, 2013
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye --->idolaters,<--- as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
--->idolaters,<---DEFINE D IN GREEK
G1496
&#949;&#953;&#787; &#948;&#969;&#955; &#959;&#955;&#945; &#769;&#964;&#961; &#951;&#962;
eido&#772;lolatre&#772 ;s
i-do-lol-at'-race
From G1497 and the base of G3000; an image (servant or) worshipper (literally or figuratively):- idolater.
GOD IS AGAINST IMAGES STATUES ICONS AND IDOLS ...
WHY NOT BE OBEDIENT TO GOD AND REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR CHURCHES...
How come God commanded the Jews to create statues of Angels?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#462814 Jul 17, 2013
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye --->idolaters,<--- as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
--->idolaters,<---DEFINE D IN GREEK
G1496
&#949;&#953;&#787; &#948;&#969;&#955; &#959;&#955;&#945; &#769;&#964;&#961; &#951;&#962;
eido&#772;lolatre&#772 ;s
i-do-lol-at'-race
From G1497 and the base of G3000; an image (servant or) worshipper (literally or figuratively):- idolater.
GOD IS AGAINST IMAGES STATUES ICONS AND IDOLS ...
WHY NOT BE OBEDIENT TO GOD AND REMOVE THEM FROM YOUR CHURCHES...
how come first and second century Christian tombs and caves show icons?

How come a ancient Jewish temple unearthed last yr, had a statue of a set of hands praying and another had a statue of a prophet- believed to be Abraham?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462815 Jul 17, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a Honda Chessmobile.
That ride is sweet.
LOL - welcome the the thread CJ!

Rook to Knight's Pawn!!

Albuquerque, NM

#462816 Jul 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Catholics swallow that swill!!!!!
Eucharist and Belief in the Real Presence
Nine in ten weekly Mass attendees (91 percent) say they believe that Jesus Christ is really present in the Eucharist, compared to two-thirds of those who attend Mass less than weekly but at least once a month (65 percent), and four in ten of those attending Mass a few times a year or less (40 percent).
Plus: That teaching of drinking the actual blood of Christ contradicts:
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Which shows a fallible Bible...which it is not....
It's easy to pick out the ones who are honest and those who are part of the illusion, huh?

Honesty - in the case of the Eucharist, is never included, because it would cause pandamonium in the religious world!!

:o)

#462817 Jul 17, 2013
ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES BELOW

MARY DOES NOT HAVE IMMORTALITY...

1Ti 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

1Ti 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

==>JESUS IS THE ONLY ONE IN HEAVEN THAT HAS IMMORTALITY

MARY DOES NOT QUALIFY AND GOD DON'T LIE <===

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

NOTE
1Ti 6:16 --> Who only hath immortality,<---

dwelling in the light

which no man can approach unto;

whom no man hath seen,

nor can see:

to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462818 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
ONE INGEST JESUS INTO HIS HEART BY ACCEPTING HIM AS THEIR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR..
THE TRUE EUCHARIST IS RECEIVING JESUS INTO ONE'S HEART,
BY FAITH
THUS HAVING CONTINUAL COMMUNION WITH HIM..
BEING ABLE TO SAY...
Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Well, Jesus said the Eucharist is eating His body and drinking His blood. He said His flesh is real food, His blood real drink. So your idea of the "true" Eucharist isn't the same as Jesus's.

Albuquerque, NM

#462819 Jul 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and 50 days later the Church was refurbished with something that no other religion has. the Holy Spirit
Okay - so the HS came to certain people 50 days after Jesus was supposedly killed.

a. The so-called "Church", since at this conception only included a handful of people, appears to have not included you.
b. The so-called "Church", if only a handful of people that didn't include you, had rcvd the HS, tell me cowboy, how is it that you have rcvd it as well?

You claim, like many in and ouot of your denomination say they have rcvd it as well, yet many object that it was rcvd, like me.

How is it that you are inspired by the HS and others aren't?

What qualifiers can you present that others don't have, that has allowed you to receive this entity?

I thought that inspiration, which comes form the HS, isn't availble to modern men, but only to those men of antiquity?

I think you are trying to circumvent others from receiving this inspiration. Why?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#462820 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
I DON'T HAVE IMAGES OF MY LOVED ONES IN GOD'S HOUSE
i HAVE NO GOD BUT JEHOVAH...
i DON'T GENUFLECT BEFORE MY LOVED ONES...
Where does the bible restrict the use of images to one's house, wallet or car dashboard?

God's messenger said "Hail" to Mary. Why can't we?

#462821 Jul 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How come God commanded the Jews to create statues of Angels?
i AM NOT A JEW...

CAN YOU GIVE A SCRIPTURE WHERE GOD HAS COMMANDED WE THAT LIVE UNDER GRACE

TO CREATE STATUES?

WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM..

SAUL THE FIRST KIN OF ISRAEL

1Sa 19:24 And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?

DO YOU WORSHIP NAKED..BECAUSE HE DID?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462822 Jul 17, 2013
VATICAN CITY, July 17 (UPI)--
Pope Francis is offering indulgences to Catholics through social media if they follow the Catholic World Youth Day in Rio de Janeiro, officials said.

Indulgences are offered by the Catholic Church as a way to reduce the amount of time believers spend in purgatory after they confess and have been absolved of their sins.

In the Middle Ages, indulgences received a bad reputation because church officials sold them for large sums of money.

Now they can be had through Twitter, Britain's The Guardian reported Tuesday. But it won't be simple, said Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli, head of the pontifical council for social communication.

"You can't obtain indulgences like getting a coffee from a vending machine," he told Italian daily Corriere della Sera.

Pope Francis wanted to offer indulgences to those who attended the Rio de Janeiro event, but realized it would be difficult for some to make the trip, The Guardian said. So he determined that those who followed the events actively on Twitter could be granted indulgences as well.

"But you must be following the events live. It is not as if you can get an indulgence by chatting on the Internet," Celli said.

Catholics wanting an indulgence must have previously confessed and must be "truly penitent and contrite," the church said.

*rotflol..priceless

Albuquerque, NM

#462823 Jul 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Uhh.Don't come in in the middle of a conversation and comment when you don'tknow what is going on. The young ladyimplied that we are supposed to observe ALL of the law and that if you ignored even one part of the law then you were guilty of ignoring all of it. I wanted to point out to her that the blood ordinances etc were also part of the law and since they weredid she also observe the laws concerning the sacrificing of animals. If she did not then she was according to her statements guilty of violatiing all of the law if she ignored this part of the blood ordinances etc.
Now this was an A and B conversation so C your way out of it.
I disagree that this is a private discussion, as it is in a public forum. Maybe you should ahve been discussion it through PMs, if you didn't want others to respond.

DOH!

As for my input - I have to agree that all so-called "Christians" are guilty of what the original poster implied when you repeated her position here -

"The young lady implied that we are supposed to observe ALL of the law and that if you ignored even one part of the law then you were guilty of ignoring all of it."

a. Many laws in Deuteronomy are not valid or continuously had been followed, thus the Bible - in whole - is in valid.
b. If the NT (New Covenant) superceded the OT ("Old Covenant"), then the OT is no longer valid for so-called "Christians", thus the poster should not even be considering the OT as part of the 'law', thus would not be following that portion of the Bible, thus making the Bible invalid in this regard as well.

HEAR YE!! HEAR YE!!

LET THE CONUNDRUMS BEGINS!

#462824 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Jesus said the Eucharist is eating His body and drinking His blood. He said His flesh is real food, His blood real drink. So your idea of the "true" Eucharist isn't the same as Jesus's.
~~~

SO YOU SAY THAT JESUS WANTS US TO BE CANNIBALIZES...

GOD FORBIDS PHYSICAL INGESTING OF BLOOD...

Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

GOD FORBIDS INGESTING OF BLOOD.

Albuquerque, NM

#462825 Jul 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I always stated that if you on't understand the first 6 chapters of the book of Genesis ACCURATELY, then there is no way youwill be ableto grasp the rest of the scriptures ACCURATELY. That's why the events concerning when Christ was crucified is causing you so much trouble and is so difficult for youto comprehend.
Unless you accurately comprehend the first 6 chapters of Genesis and what really happened in the Garden then you're wasting your time trying to understand the crucifixion events. Even worse, you're wasting my timewith me trying to teach it to you.
You will have to provide amicable proof that you are suited to teach on the first chapters of Genesis, before I will believe that you are capable of doing this task.

Whatcha got?

Please post the source which gave you the correct interpretation of these texts.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462826 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~

The word "hail" as defined in the dictionary means ---"to greet. welcome, acknowledge, to say hello!! The words "hail Mary" are a greeting, expressing recognition of her as the Mother of Jesus. It has "nothing to do" with worshiping her, as you in your "distorted, perverted and and twisted "anti-catholic" thinking just keep "making these things up"!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462827 Jul 17, 2013
Chuck wrote:
VATICAN CITY, July 17 (UPI)--
Pope Francis is offering indulgences to Catholics through social media if they follow the Catholic World Youth Day in Rio de Janeiro, officials said.
Indulgences are offered by the Catholic Church as a way to reduce the amount of time believers spend in purgatory after they confess and have been absolved of their sins.
In the Middle Ages, indulgences received a bad reputation because church officials sold them for large sums of money.
Now they can be had through Twitter, Britain's The Guardian reported Tuesday. But it won't be simple, said Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli, head of the pontifical council for social communication.
"You can't obtain indulgences like getting a coffee from a vending machine," he told Italian daily Corriere della Sera.
Pope Francis wanted to offer indulgences to those who attended the Rio de Janeiro event, but realized it would be difficult for some to make the trip, The Guardian said. So he determined that those who followed the events actively on Twitter could be granted indulgences as well.
"But you must be following the events live. It is not as if you can get an indulgence by chatting on the Internet," Celli said.
Catholics wanting an indulgence must have previously confessed and must be "truly penitent and contrite," the church said.
*rotflol..priceless

**what this means is, Christ sacrifice at the cross was not enough**

Albuquerque, NM

#462828 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
This post is not intended to slam the Orthodox Church, nor to question the truth of her teachings, impugn the integrity and holiness of faithful Orthodox priests and bishops or question the sincerity of the Orthodox faithful. It's sole purpose is to present a perspective from an Orthodox family and to shed light on the organizational issues in the OCA.
"Un-Orthodox Behavior"
Catholicism isn't the only religion with sexual abuse scandals. Three S.F. women are working to expose cases within the Orthodox Church.
By Mark Athitakis Wednesday, May 22 2002
"For years, Vrionis preached at a church he had founded in Queens, a fact that reveals an odd wrinkle in Orthodoxy. Simply put, Vrionis had no business being a priest. In 1970, he was convicted for sexually abusing two other 14-year-old boys while a priest at a Greek Orthodox church. The Greek church defrocked him, Vrionis served his sentence (a small fine and 23 months' probation), and that should have been the end of his ecclesiastical career. But a diligent Orthodox priest can do unusual things. A priest removed from the Catholic Church can't start a maverick Catholic diocese, at least not credibly. But Orthodox priests with questionable backgrounds have routinely launched their own churches and attracted flocks. And when something goes wrong, as it has, assigning blame is an open question.
----------
In the Roman Catholic Church, the chain of command is simple: An infallible pope heads the church, a Council of Cardinals administers bishops, and bishops manage priests in their parishes. The Orthodox Church structure is more complex. To make a long story short (the story begins in 1054 with the Great Schism and the Orthodox rejection of papal authority), Orthodoxy in America is an administrative mess. Instead of having a top-down hierarchy, the church is fractured into a variety of self-regulating organizations, which roughly break down along ethnic lines: the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, the Serbian Orthodox Church, the Orthodox Church in America, which is mainly Russian, and many others.
Those separate spheres have long been a source of dismay for the Orthodox faithful -- the patriarch of Constantinople, visiting the U.S. in 1990, called it "truly a scandal" -- and they are a source of confusion as well, which has led to a growth industry in renegade Orthodox groups in recent years.
"There have been little offshoots all along, but it's mushroomed over the past 30, 40 years," says Phillip Lucas, a professor of religious studies at Stetson University in DeLand, Fla., who has studied Orthodox fringe groups. "Part of it has to do with the entrepreneurial way that religion is done in America. If somebody is disgruntled, he just leaves and starts a new church. That's as American as Mom and apple pie. He'll say,'If I can find a couple bishops to ordain me, I can keep on.' And there are plenty of renegade bishops out there."
Full article here;
http://www.sfweekly.com/2002-05-22/news/un-or...
The Pope is not infallible.

This would have flagged the article as incorrect and inaccurate.

But you continued to post it.

Hmmmm....why do you think the Pope is infallible?

#462829 Jul 17, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the bible restrict the use of images to one's house, wallet or car dashboard?
God's messenger said "Hail" to Mary. Why can't we?
IT IS QUITE EVIDENT YOU ARE NOT AN ANGEL..OR GOD'S MESSENGER..
DEFINITELY NOT GOD...

Albuquerque, NM

#462830 Jul 17, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
how come first and second century Christian tombs and caves show icons?
How come a ancient Jewish temple unearthed last yr, had a statue of a set of hands praying and another had a statue of a prophet- believed to be Abraham?
The more questions you ask, the more you will better understand your religion and how these doctrines apply to nothing.

Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43