Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,312)

Showing posts 446,221 - 446,240 of530,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

ATTENTION ALL ORTHODOX PATRIARCHS

#1 I am Greek. We invented Philosophy.We invented Democracy.Therefore you will be my guide.I will always apply my God given mind and more importantly the spiritual eyes in my heart to what you say.How can critical thinking destroy God's Truth?

#2 I am a Christian.I worship Christ.He is the head of my Church.You are. like me, his servants.If you veer off his path in any proclamation you will not see me behind you. You will see me following Whom I worship Who is the head of the Church- My Savior.

Now call me a heretic and excommunicate me from you. I will be with Christ.

This one is for you Dusty
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> said that there was much more abuse in the catholic church not that it is a catholic only thing....and that is why it is always on the news.Dont worry Clay...one night after I tuck Hermi into bed and kiss him goodnight I will scroll back and post what I said....and your correct, God knows what we all said and whats in ALL of our hearts.
And did you have anything to back that slander up? NO And why did you post that? Because of your love. lol You are such a hypocrite. Since you and Herme love Christ so much and you are in the true church then why single out the Catholic church? Why bring up abuse? Gif among others have said many times Catholics are going to hell and posting your beliefs as well as the reason.

So you want to show the post where any Catholic has said you are going to hell? Can you show one where we wished it? So what if Hojo says he believes the Catholic church is the true church. Most Protestants believe they belong to the true church invisible or visible or why be in it or proclaim it.

James 3:1

I personally dont care if you want to believe your church is true, but dont post garbage and don't call it an abortion to the truth and stop pretending you didnt try to the smear the church. You have and you did. Stop lying.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Hojo, wouldnt it be a wonderful magical world if it really worked that way... "It is true cause I know it.
Ya! Sometimes it requires a bit of "scars" on the person ta prove they been shot or stabbed...I got both....all that rhetoric is just that.
If yer gonna play in my world, ya gotta play by my rules.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know there is talk amongst psychologist, about diagnosing religious fanatics as having a certain level of mental illness? I think I saw one story about it here on Topics last week.
There is a point where a guy like me just throws in the towel because I'm dealing with mind boggling ignorance from you.
Keep Saturday Holy if you want. I could care less. As a Catholic I'm going to continue gathering with my breathern on Sunday to celebrate the Holy Mass like the Apostles commanded; the day the Lord rose is Sunday. Sunday was established long before the Council of Laodicea proclaimed it official.
People like you forced the Church to hold council because you go around preaching false Christianitys. Then, when the Church publicly reaffirms certain teachings at these councils (like Sabbath worship), you turn around and stab them in the back, saying: "see everyone, the Roman Catholic Church just invented another doctrine Blah Blah".
With the exception of the Shabbat, the weekdays have no names. They are simply numbered:

alef yom rishon = "first day" =(Sunday)
bet yom sheni = "second day" =(Monday)
gimel yom sh'lishi = "third day" =(Tuesday)
dalet yom revi'i = "fourth day" =(Wednesday)
he yom chamishi = "fifth day" =(Thursday)
vav yom shishi = "sixth day" =(Friday)

Saturday is the weekly sabbath as taught in the Word of God...

Christ was crucified on Friday. He died about mid-afternoon.That is why they were in a hurry to get the body of Christ down from the cross....prepare his body for burial....and bury him before sundown...because that is the beginning of the Sabbath in the NT...sundown Friday till sundown Saturday...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
And did you have anything to back that slander up? NO And why did you post that? Because of your love. lol You are such a hypocrite. Since you and Herme love Christ so much and you are in the true church then why single out the Catholic church? Why bring up abuse? Gif among others have said many times Catholics are going to hell and posting your beliefs as well as the reason.
So you want to show the post where any Catholic has said you are going to hell? Can you show one where we wished it? So what if Hojo says he believes the Catholic church is the true church. Most Protestants believe they belong to the true church invisible or visible or why be in it or proclaim it.
I personally dont care if you want to believe your church is true, but dont post garbage and don't call it an abortion to the truth and stop pretending you didnt try to the smear the church. You have and you did. Stop lying.
It is sad that someone saying they love someone would bring a mocking, sarcastic,poisonous respose rom you. It however does give me some insight into your posts.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
ATTENTION ALL ORTHODOX PATRIARCHS
#1 I am Greek. We invented Philosophy.We invented Democracy.Therefore you will be my guide.I will always apply my God given mind and more importantly the spiritual eyes in my heart to what you say.How can critical thinking destroy God's Truth?
#2 I am a Christian.I worship Christ.He is the head of my Church.You are. like me, his servants.If you veer off his path in any proclamation you will not see me behind you. You will see me following Whom I worship Who is the head of the Church- My Savior.
Now call me a heretic and excommunicate me from you. I will be with Christ.
This one is for you Dusty
The Greks did not "invent" any of the foregoing hypothesis. They simply elaborated upon them.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE LORD REBUKE YOU
Pro_26:2 As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
No matter what you conjure up in your demonic witch craft...
It cannot pass through the BLOOD OF JESUS..IN WHICH my WIFE AND i ARE
COVERED...
Now why was I thinking you were a female?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Greks did not "invent" any of the foregoing hypothesis. They simply elaborated upon them.
You are right bro.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Are any of you familiar with the four hidden dynasties of Satan and what they are?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY? maybe it is because I find the catholics on this forum to be a poor example of the catholics that I know in real life.I find you all to be irrogant,prideful, lairs,bullies,sneaky,and those are just a few.You are doing exactly to the protestant that I am doing to you. Minus the links.You catholic continue to say that you don't care what hermi and I believe or not believe but yet feel the need to insult us personally, degrade us and call us names.Those are the actions of desperate people.As I posted before,I am not trying to smear the catholic church.Your church was smeared hundreds of years before I was born.Get use to it.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

who reject mother they reject Son..partrijarh reject mother they reject Son too
it is written
you not honor me not love me
its lips
by

someone not going forget tears

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Are any of you familiar with the four hidden dynasties of Satan and what they are?
Most so called Christians are totally ignorant of the four hidden dynasties of Satan aka the four horns of Revelation yet they try to pawn themselves off as Bible scholars and teachers of Gods word. What a joke many of thes so called Bible scholars are.

They can quote scriptures better than Satan can but in reality they have not an inkling as to the deeper message God is trying to convey in those scriptures.

All these different religions, these different denominations are merely part of the Religious dynasty of the four hidden dynasties of Satan. The RCC, The Seventh Day Adventist,the Jehovah's Witness,the Muslims etc, etc. They are all part of the religious dynasty of the four hidden dynasties of Satan. The Political system,the economical system, the educational system are the other parts of the four hidden dynasties of Satan that he is using to bring about the new world order in opposition to the Lord God Yahovah. And Christians haven;t a clue as to what is taking place before their very Spiritually closed eyes.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
With the exception of the Shabbat, the weekdays have no names. They are simply numbered:
Christ was crucified on Friday. He died about mid-afternoon.That is why they were in a hurry to get the body of Christ down from the cross....prepare his body for burial....and bury him before sundown...because that is the beginning of the Sabbath in the NT...sundown Friday till sundown Saturday...
Christ was NOT crucified on a friday. He was crucified on a Wednesday and He rose sometimes that Saturday evening/night going into our Sunday morning before daybreak.

Now do I really need to destroy your theory of friday crucifixion? It's really easy to do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...You cant remember all your lies.
This is a chapter from The Non-Orthodox: The Orthodox Teaching on
Christians Outside of the Church. This
book was originally published in 1999 by Regina Orthodox Press in
Salisbury, MA (Frank Schaeffer’s
publishing house).
In The Orthodox Church, Bishop Kallistos makes some wholly Orthodox
statements
concerning the nature of the Church and salvation. Among them are the
following:
Orthodoxy also teaches that outside the Church there is no salvation.
This belief has the same basis
as the Orthodox belief in the unbreakable unity of the Church: if follows
from the close
relation between God and His Church.“A person cannot have God as His
Father if he does
not have the Church as his Mother.” So wrote Saint Cyprian; and to him
this seemed an
evident truth, because he could not think of God and the Church apart
from one another.
God is salvation, and God’s saving power is mediated to humans in His
Body, the Church.”
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus. All the categorical strength and point of
this aphorism lies in its
tautology. Outside the Church there is no salvation because salvation is
the Church.
http://www.goarch.org/ourfaith /ourfaith8089

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Christ was NOT crucified on a friday. He was crucified on a Wednesday and He rose sometimes that Saturday evening/night going into our Sunday morning before daybreak.
Now do I really need to destroy your theory of friday crucifixion? It's really easy to do.
Go do what you do best....don't forget to brush your teeth....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

eye=india symbol flag who
3000 years 4 horns altar india

eye=evil eye
did your airplain have eye in moto or somewhere..

i will put in fire my tiny papers symbols

what a shame evil people make plain before for destruction..could you imagen that..

why you think i am wrong
no i am not wrong

i am not mecanic..mec;anic
no i never see in my life any engine of any aircraft..it is as it is..i am not funny if you find

now bird perspective=wide way toward small door

art
now did you have bird over piramide

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, you did say that the abuse is a Catholic thing, "that's why its in the news" if I remember your words correctly.
Look, I really ain't interested in he said she said. I know what you are about and I don't feel the need to go back two months to publicly rebuke you. Ill let your conscience be between you and God. He knows if you're deliberately trying to smear the Church with deceptive tactics. He knows if you really said the abuse problem is a Catholic thing and now you deny saying it.
Just leave it at that.
I get tired of the remaking of History by Dust Storm etc. I decided too look up what Sera said and it is exactly what we reported that she said.I am not going to continue to put the time in correcting what Dust or anyone says we said.

Seraphima

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh. The 1054 part is a fair statement. I get why you believe it. Its fine we disagree.... But the nasty past part, when you're an Orthodox?? You guys did plenty wrong. Please don't play the victim. And I'm not even speaking about the Russian Orthodox either. Just like when you implied that sexual abuse is a Althougha issue when all the statistics show its equally an issue in th Orthodox Church.
All of us have wronged others. We er up as you find in your churchas all in need of Gods Mercy.

SERA'S STATEMENT BELOW:

Get your facts straight Clay....you wont find sexual abuse plastered on the news on TV from the Orthodox church plus a cover up to boot as we see from your church.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>WHY? maybe it is because I find the catholics on this forum to be a poor example of the catholics that I know in real life.I find you all to be irrogant,prideful, lairs,bullies,sneaky,and those are just a few.You are doing exactly to the protestant that I am doing to you. Minus the links.You catholic continue to say that you don't care what hermi and I believe or not believe but yet feel the need to insult us personally, degrade us and call us names.Those are the actions of desperate people.As I posted before,I am not trying to smear the catholic church.Your church was smeared hundreds of years before I was born.Get use to it.
I am not trying to smear the catholic church.
Your church was smeared hundreds of years before I was born.Get use to it.

Oh...Did you tell those Catholics in real life that? Did you insist to them they are an abortion to the truth? Is this an admission that you are a liar? Its obvious to anyone with an ounce of integrity.

The attacks came from you, you just got a response and your hypcocrisy was responded to.

Ah...You must mean like if you want to know the dark side of Catholicism listen to Dust Storm if you want to be a Christian pass. lol Meanwhile true Christians post inflammatory posts mocking the church and all kinds of rubbish and you calling it an abortion and all the evil Catholics will burn in hell of course as there is nothing inflammatory about that. So anything that is posted whether remotely true, implied or a lie is perfect as long as it slanders Catholics and the church. Good stuff you two have there. I dont think those are Orthodox truths just yours. Im sure you can post your truths on an Orthdox forum to Patriarchs and get no argument. lol

Yeah you are a real piece of art. Anyone with an ounce of integrity knows that you are not honest, objective or truthful. However I am sure you will continue to make your half baked, blind observations and quips about what you think you know. Herme and Sere truths. Good stuff! Nothing ever poisonous from you. Abortion to the truth indeed.

You see I dont recall any Catholic claiming they dont care what is posted about the church. You both made the claim you dont care what people on anonymous forum say. You clearly do nor do you care if the massive slander posted often you actually add your own and then lie and say you didnt. How sad. You attack the church expect a response and dont play poor me its really pathetic.

You would have no problem with me if you would stop your slander and attacks, but you insist that you do not lie, but you clearly do. Sorry.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I want you to humble yourself and ask God to help you to endure correction. Your believing that Christ was crucified on a friday and rose on a sunday is just wrong. Simple as that. The following link should help you to see the error in your belief concerning the length of time Christ was in the tomb.

http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/jesus-wa...

Why do you get so upset and rebellious when someone corrects you? You need to pray about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 446,221 - 446,240 of530,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••