Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
446,201 - 446,220 of 532,792 Comments Last updated 39 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay "]<quoted text>
You say the Roman Catholic Church established Sunday as the new Sabbath to coincide with the worship of the Sun god?
How come we can prove that Sunday was observed from the earliest possible inception of Christianity. The early Church wrote about it- 275 yrs before Constantine?
Now that you have been told this truth (of course, you were already shown your error last time, but you ignored it) are you going to cease spreading this lie?
Confrinting with some of the word, Preston, Chuck, what day to you guys observe and why? Tiger picked up a Bible just like you. Which one of you fanatics are right?

"THIS (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad (in every one of them)."

No pagan ever made a day, nor does he own one of them. Most of the Christian church uses Sunday as a day to give worship to God. I doubt seriously that God is offended...as long as we honor Him on other days also.

If you study the O.T. you will find that God ordained other Sabbaths...sometimes on a day adjoining Saturday. In one month it was possible to have as many as nine Sabbaths.

Worship God on every day. Forsake not the assembly of yourselves together...and don't forget that the Apostles DAILY did this.

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

who="Dust Storm"

However on this very thread Kay Marie accused a server of hiding behind a curtain where she thought nobody would see and gulped the wined down. lol

You should read better. She did go behind a curtain, and drain the cup. I still think it was anything but a 'fitting' action at a wedding...even if it is an acceptable practice to you.

KM

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

The post from Dust has no substance. It is pure insults, remakinh history that cant be proven, verbal abuse, deceit, but curiously no substance.If you want to learn how to abuse or the Dark Side of Catholicism study his/her posts. If you want to learn Christianity pass.
==========
PLOY #3 USING WORDS LIKE HYPOCRITE,LIAR NON ORTHODOX, HERETIC, ARROGANT, LIAR ---------->There is nothing honest that comes out of either of their mouths.
----------
PLOY #3 USING WORDS LIKE HYPOCRITE,LIAR NON ORTHODOX, HERETIC,ARROGANT,
---------->Clearly they are both bothered so add that to the list of lies.

==========
PLOY #3 USING WORDS LIKE HYPOCRITE,LIAR NON ORTHODOX, HERETIC,ARROGANT,
---------->Lots of Orthodox would call Herme a heretic no problem. Oh yes he is an expert on the faith that is why he posts uncredible and unsourced links, some of which are obviously Protestant. lol
==========3

PLOY #4 REMAKING HISTORY (too time consuming and wasting to disprove ------->I posted links concerning talks, what was discovered and agreed upon. I asked them to read what their Patriarchs were saying. They did not bother. I posted links on very good discussions on problems which Herme said he would read. He never did, he just went off and twisted and distorted and made up what he wanted throwing a tantrum and saying poor me the Catholics are picking on me. I ANSWERED YOUR LINKS W EXPLANATION THAT THE PATRIARCHS ARE NEITHER POPES OR THE SOLELY CHURCH. THE ORTHO PEOPLE HAVE THE GREATEST INFLUENCE. ALSO POSTED A STUDY THAT THAT SHOWED OVERWHELMINGLY THE ORTHO PEOPLE DO NOT WANT REUNION
==========
PLOY #6 DEMEAN TREAT AS INFERIOR INSULT========> Like the true shcolar he is he couldnt answer. I posted Orthodox links. He threw deeper tantrums. He blasted Fr. Dye and then apologized for a conversation he inserted himself into and attacked it as anti-Orthodox. The discussions were on disagreements with no hostility all of it came from him. Noone attacked the Orthodox but he felt a need to attack the Pope and belittle the discussions because he already has his own truth and there is no room for more.
==========
PLOY #6 DEMEAN TREAT AS INFERIOR INSULT========> BOth of them are disingenous people and neither of them is honest and clearly not knowledgeable nor have any room for seeking any clarity. The protestants dont care nor do they believe the Orthodox has the true church. I could go into the Orthodox problems alot but what fruit? Herme has already proclaimed he doesnt have to listen to a Patriarch and he wont.
==========
He has proclaimed he doesnt want unity. Therefore he does not want what the leaders of the two churches recognized Christ in saying he prayed that we be one. Abortion to the truth. NO I DO NOT WANT TO "REUNITE" WITH THE FRANKISH CHURCH. I WOULD WITH THE PRIGINAL CATHOLIC CHURCH WHEN IT PRESERVED THE FAITH. THE REASON I WONT REUNITE IS BECAUSE O MY LOVE AND LOYALTY TO CHRIST.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="RoSesz"
Is this the poster who wanted you to prove
.when we were praying..That prayer does not work .
That is not a serious request .
And Imho ..you are as find a Christian as I have met .
Please keep up the prayer time. We once had a relative who was confined to an institution. He recognized no one. The doctor was making arrangements to 'throw away the key'.
We had a prayer time set for 6 p.m. Some family attempted to visit, but were denied. The doctor said that it was useless.
They returned to their motel room, but at ten minutes after 6, the doctor called the motel, telling them to return. The next morning they left that hospital with our relative, who soon returned to work, driving a truck.
KayMarie
Ok Kay

Ok Messaged you after last time about if you like once a week or more

I'm cool if you want whenever..But maybe this time we set it up more in advance do more can join in !!!!

Message EHAT you think is good ..Ok

I'm on Eastern time..so is Sera
Jeff

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Regardless what anyone thinks... there are good things from religion. And bad. So just weed thru the BS and find the good. Plenty of awesome organizations like http://www.bmfusa.com which helps small christian businesses make connections with other christian businessmen and women.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR ETERNAL INHERITANCE?
(I challenge Any ROMAN CATHOLIC HERE IN THIS FORUM TO
SYSTEMATICALLY TAKE YOUR BIBLE AND
PROVE THIS POST TO BE IN ERROR)
IF YOU CAN'T/DON'T...
IT STANDS IN THE FORUM AND BEFORE GOD AS ETERNAL TRUTH....
~~~~~~~`
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he/JESUS is the mediator of the new testament,
that by means of death,
for the redemption of the transgressions
that were under the first testament,
they which are called might receive
the promise of eternal inheritance.
~~~
WHO QUALIFIES TO RECEIVE A ETERNAL INHERITANCE..
WHO ARE THE LEGAL (JOINT) HEIRS WITH CHRIST?
ANSWER.........ONLY THE SONS OF GOD, ARE HEIRS.
___
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
___
HOW DOES ONE BECOME A SON OF GOD?
Joh_3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh_3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT...
1Pe_1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,
by the word of God,
which liveth and abideth for ever.
___
DOES THE BIBLE SAY THAT YOU CAN BECOME A SON OF GOD?
YES!...
Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
___
HOW IS A PERSON BORN AGAIN?...
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
___
DOES ONE HAVE TO BE IN CHURCH (A CERTAIN PLACE) TO BE SAVED?...
NO!...
ZACCHAEUS... WAS SAVE WHILE CLIMBING DOWN A TREE
THE THIEF... WAS SAVED WHILE NAILED TO A CROSS
SAUL OF TARSUS WAS SAVED...ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS
THE JAILOR AT PHILIPPI... WAS SAVED IN JAIL...
THE ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH,... WAS SAVED WHILE ON THE ROAD BACK TO HIS HOME COUNTRY ..
___
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SALVATION?.
H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu &#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467; something saved, that is,(abstractly)
deliverance;
hence aid,
victory,
prosperity:-
deliverance, health,
help (-ing),
salvation,
save,
saving
(health),
welfare.
___
WHAT DOES IT COST?...
IT IS FREE FOR THE ASKING.
___
WHO CAN BE SAVED?...
Being born again is not what you Christians have understood this phrase to mean. You guys are so in the dark about so much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...You cant remember all your lies.
This is a chapter from The Non-Orthodox: The Orthodox Teaching on
Christians Outside of the Church. This
book was originally published in 1999 by Regina Orthodox Press in
Salisbury, MA (Frank Schaeffer’s
publishing house).
In The Orthodox Church, Bishop Kallistos makes some wholly Orthodox
statements
concerning the nature of the Church and salvation. Among them are the
following:
Orthodoxy also teaches that outside the Church there is no salvation.
This belief has the same basis
as the Orthodox belief in the unbreakable unity of the Church: if follows
from the close
relation between God and His Church.“A person cannot have God as His
Father if he does
not have the Church as his Mother.” So wrote Saint Cyprian; and to him
this seemed an
evident truth, because he could not think of God and the Church apart
from one another.
God is salvation, and God’s saving power is mediated to humans in His
Body, the Church.”
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus. All the categorical strength and point of
this aphorism lies in its
tautology. Outside the Church there is no salvation because salvation is
the Church.
Sorry but your scholarly work can fly on Topix but would not pass peer review.First of all you have 1 Bishop speaking or the entire Church.Very sloppy both in research and in debate skills.Do some research. There are 3 primary approaches to the question of salvation outside the Church. Bishop Ware has one.
How can the Church have 3 opinions. Chaos!!! Anarchy!!Then study the apophatic approach o the Orthodox Church v analytic delineation.Then study the conciliar v the monarchal foundation of the Orthodox Church.Then do some reading-more than just Bishop Ware.Or just take the easy way and continue verbal abuse and attacks.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

who="Tony17" Discuss? I'm not here to discuss the word of God with you because you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me. I'm here to teach you the word of God,not discuss it with you.
So I'll keep teaching and you keep listening. Kay? Maybe in a few years of me teaching you then you will be able to discuss it with me but at this time as I stated, you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me.
:):)
KM
I guess I told him huh,LOL? Of course you know I was merely joking with him right?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

all of them goig astray..
who are ou to pu croti over other servent..

its not one

all going astra..
is that wha you try explain..

another thngs scrpture descrbe all good righteousness peple wil be abuse asssult accusse prosecuted prison and many killed..
it is witten about evil which all prophets describe 2000 years ago 4000 years ago..
is that new
nooooooooooooooo
evil is allwayes evil
never change
temtation too stay upon every good righteousness person..

you coming in peace where your offer of peace is zerooooooooooooooo
it is written
byyyyyyyyyy

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, you did say that the abuse is a Catholic thing, "that's why its in the news" if I remember your words correctly.
Look, I really ain't interested in he said she said. I know what you are about and I don't feel the need to go back two months to publicly rebuke you. Ill let your conscience be between you and God. He knows if you're deliberately trying to smear the Church with deceptive tactics. He knows if you really said the abuse problem is a Catholic thing and now you deny saying it.
Just leave it at that.
said that there was much more abuse in the catholic church not that it is a catholic only thing....and that is why it is always on the news.Dont worry Clay...one night after I tuck Hermi into bed and kiss him goodnight I will scroll back and post what I said....and your correct, God knows what we all said and whats in ALL of our hearts.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, the priest normally prepares enough so that it will most all be consumed. Provided there is any left yes they consume it. We believe it should be treated with respect. There are protestant churches who also consume any remaining. Now the priest may invite others to consume remaining if there is too much. However on this very thread Kay Marie accused a server of hiding behind a curtain where she thought nobody would see and gulped the wined down. lol
Now what this new limit is I dont know nor do I know the reason it is opposed. I just dont want it to evolve into a Catholic bashing session where its see its WINE! Its not the blood of Christ! They Drank Grape Juice or Priests dont put water in it because they are all alchoholics. The accusations are endless.
I merely posted the links for further clarification of how Jews used wine at passover. The 4 cups. Adding water as well. I know that many people do not know the Jewish traditions or Catholic ones.
Dr. Hahn gives one of the best presentations on the 4th cup I have ever heard. I gave you the transcript on it (red) sorry not my choice, but if scroll over it then it turns blue or video. Whether one chooses to believe it is symbolic or becomes the precious blood of Christ spiritually in a way we cannot fully understand. The significants of the 4th cup and the events transpiring that night are brought out. My hope was that you would consider it and reflect on it as Dr. Hahn as a militant anti-catholic approaches it with a respectful view and how he as a Protestant viewed it.
Going through the motions, showing up at mass once a year and not understanding the faith, history or deeper understandings and knowledge of the teachings of the Early Fathers can lead some people to say they are Catholic or were a Catholic. Understaning why you believe something or the reason why something is believed one has to put in some effort. Many misconceptions can occur by others, but if I wanted to know for sure what a church taught and why I would go to a credible source of that church not go out and listen to the opinions of vast field of misinformation.
As I said I thought the idea of priests just from mass could not drive home was nuts..

So they do consume the wine ..nit sacrificed they do the host..Ok

When I was a Catholic we only did the host..no wine ..except the priests..But only seemed to sip it .

It IS still alcoholic ..ox point that it became blood ..I was bring a bit sarcastic.

However I once had someone on this forum wonder if the hist tasted like meat ..she was serious ..

Misconceptions .

I haves kindle tabled..all I saw was red ..on t hat link

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, you did say that the abuse is a Catholic thing, "that's why its in the news" if I remember your words correctly.
Look, I really ain't interested in he said she said. I know what you are about and I don't feel the need to go back two months to publicly rebuke you. Ill let your conscience be between you and God. He knows if you're deliberately trying to smear the Church with deceptive tactics. He knows if you really said the abuse problem is a Catholic thing and now you deny saying it.
Just leave it at that.
Clay she was saying that she believes there is more abuse in the Catholic Church because of the proliferation of news accounts.You read into it what you wanted to read into it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

who="Tony17" Discuss? I'm not here to discuss the word of God with you because you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me. I'm here to teach you the word of God,not discuss it with you.
So I'll keep teaching and you keep listening. Kay? Maybe in a few years of me teaching you then you will be able to discuss it with me but at this time as I stated, you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me.
~~~
Psa 31:14 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.
Psa 31:15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
Psa 31:16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.
Psa 31:17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
Psa 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
Psa 31:19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
Psa 31:20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man:
thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
Psa 31:21 Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
You should hear me when I teach the book of Psalms. Better still you should hear my pastor teach it. You'd be really blessed if you could hear the book of Psalms taught by a gifted teacher like my pastor. You'd never be the same again cause God will touch you through His word when it's taught accurately by someone He has anointed to teach His word accurately.

Anyone can quote scripture but to hear those scriptures taught with clarity and in-depth understanding is a blessing.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

God is only showing to all of us how great is His mercy.
About 25,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related causes, according to the United Nations. This is one person every three and a half seconds, as you can see on this display. Unfortunately, it is children who die most often.

http://www.poverty.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do I believe it---But I KNOW IT! And so does every Catholic on this forum (Clay, Anthony, Regina included.. and on and on)--and that also includes the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world!...The above "trash article" source that you "dug up" refers to a bunch of Prodigal son liberals that are rebellious and defiant to the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church, with one purpose in mind!! Promoting their immoral and perverted homosexual agenda, which is nothing new to the Catholic Church.
Hojo, wouldnt it be a wonderful magical world if it really worked that way... "It is true cause I know it.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint James, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Jesus said, "I did not come to condemn the world."
KayMarie
Yet according to your theology ... hell is for those who don't believe in Jesus, and that is most people on earth.

Crazy theology!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>tony, it is just Oxbore acting stupid(well maybe not acting stupid).
he has some trick up his sleeve that only he knows.
but he is like you,
NEITHER ARE QUALIFIED TO BE A TEACHER OF THE WORD OF GOD.
God doesn't use people of your satanic practices, you know it and you know that we know it.
Why does Spiritually useless love to tell God who He is allowed to use and who He's not allowed to use. You guys make me laugh with that. It seems to puzzle you that someone like me knows more about Gods word than do you especially when you fancy yourselves as Bible scholars and I come along and make an open show of you with the very word of God you portend to be so familiar with. It embarrasses you and makes you fighting mad with me doesn't it?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

devil paul saul
why you prosecuted me..is that your servent

it is written
nothing new under sky

Creator not create people for suffering.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do I believe it---But I KNOW IT! And so does every Catholic on this forum (Clay, Anthony, Regina included.. and on and on)--and that also includes the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world!...The above "trash article" source that you "dug up" refers to a bunch of Prodigal son liberals that are rebellious and defiant to the TRUE teachings of the Catholic Church, with one purpose in mind!! Promoting their immoral and perverted homosexual agenda, which is nothing new to the Catholic Church.
okie dokie

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, most of the world has been deceived by the false doctrines of the RCC. Even the jesus-is-savior site.
The Bible is firm on the Law of God. Not one word will pass from it.
The Seventh day sabbath will be kept in the age after the Second Coming. The Bible assures us of that.
Plenty of excuses have been put forward to make it seem right to keep Sunday.
Your choice.
Yes,you're right. It is my choice and I choose to let Christ be my Sabbath, my rest. It doesn't matter which day you observe as the Sabbath,if you're not resting In Christ,it will profit you nothing. My rest is in Christ EVERY DAY,not merely on a certain day of the week that one likes to claim is the Sabbath.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 36 min Maverick 8,150
More Thu True Christian witness 2
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Thu Abdurratln 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Thu ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••