Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650666 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462521 Jul 16, 2013
My father who had left his Christian religion, used to shake his head sideways at the words expressed in the following hymn. Even back then I understood why.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
forward into battle see his banners go!
Refrain:
Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
with the cross of Jesus going on before.

2. At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee;
on then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
(Refrain)

3. Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
one in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
(Refrain)

4. Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
but the church of Jesus constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail;
we have Christ's own promise, and that cannot fail.
(Refrain)

5. Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
this through countless ages men and angels sing.
(Refrain)

http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh575.sht

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#462522 Jul 16, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what is ironic is that you are supposed to be their Brother in the Lord. but don't worry, that is exactly how dustmop treated John 2.
KNOW THIS, WE WHO ARE CHRISTIANS LOVE YOU AND ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE.
For a man called of God you certainly have a difficult time answering questions regarding things of God!!!

Do you agree with the teaching of the Catholics and the SBC:

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...

And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462523 Jul 16, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Jesus did some of His best work on the Sabbath day, and declared that He was Lord of the Sabbath. He said that man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man.
Paul later says that we are not to let anyone judge us concerning 'holy days', or of the sabbath days.
Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judges another man's servant? to his own master he stands or falls. Yea, he shall be held up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5 One man esteems one day above another: another esteems every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
Worship God EVERY DAY, and don't condemn others if they don't "do it like you do".
Jesus said, "I did not come to condemn the world."
KayMarie
Do you find it odd that you make this statement:
"Jesus did some of His best work on the Sabbath day, and declared that He was Lord of the Sabbath. He said that man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man."

and then use "Paul" to support this statement.

Why didn't you or don't you post something from Jesus that explains it?

You do beleive Jesus right?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462524 Jul 16, 2013
-->NOTE THIS VERSE (TELLS US) THAT JESUS
IS THE ONLY ONE
THAT HAS
IMMORTALITY.<---
1Ti 6:16 ====> Who only
hath immortality, <====
dwelling in the light
---> which no man can approach unto;
whom no man hath seen,
nor can see:<---
to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
ALSO IT ...
BLOWS THE FABLES CONCERNING MARY BEING ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN WITH OUT DYING THAT IS TAUGHT BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH COMPLETELY OUT OF EXISTENCE ....
UNTIL THE FIRST RESURRECTION ..
THIS IS OUR FORTE
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
JESUS HAS BODILY IMMORTALITY
1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
JESUS IS THE FIRSTFRUITS OF THEM THAT SLEPT.
1Co_15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
NOTE HERE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT THOSE THAT FOLLOW HIM..IN IMMORTALITY.
1Co_15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits;
afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
UNTIL THEN WE ARE FIRST FRUITS IN THE SPIRIT..
Rom_8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit,
the redemption of our body.(IMMORTALITY)
THE BIBLE SAYS NOTHING ABOUT THE IMMORTALITY OF MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...
IT SAY
JESUS... only
hath immortality, TIL THE RESURRECTION OF THE BRIDE.
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true...... Furthermore--where does it say, IN the bible that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired words--ONLY in the Bible....... The answer is--NOWHERE!! The fact is that the bible says JUST THE OPPOSITE!..... Paul tells us in I Timothy 3:15, that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar. pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....,. He also tells us that when there is a disagreement or a conflict to "take it to the Church" (not the bible)......This bible only teaching of yours, has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical to TRUTH to back up ANY of your distorted and heretical Sola Scriptura preaching!........ I grew up, was taught, and lived this bible only (man-made) manipulated lie that you keep trying to "pass off" on your uniformed "few followers" for over 35 years as a Protestant. God and Jesus Christ--by the power, direction and guidance of HIS Holy Spirit, eventually led me to the Historical and biblical TRUTH that has, is and will always be "grounded" in the TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and His (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church-----not the only Church---but the one TRUE Church, that preaches, teaches and proclaims the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#462525 Jul 16, 2013
If Jesus and all those other supposed saviors existed ... they all should have preached that no matter which religion to which you belong it doesn't matter, as the creator judges ONLY how you treat others.

I suggest that to try to create world peace ... rather than division and war ... those religious sermons would have been beneficial.

Religion is BUNK!

Albuquerque, NM

#462526 Jul 16, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
ATTENTION ALL ORTHODOX PATRIARCHS
#1 I am Greek. We invented Philosophy.We invented Democracy.Therefore you will be my guide.I will always apply my God given mind and more importantly the spiritual eyes in my heart to what you say.How can critical thinking destroy God's Truth?
#2 I am a Christian.I worship Christ.He is the head of my Church.You are. like me, his servants.If you veer off his path in any proclamation you will not see me behind you. You will see me following Whom I worship Who is the head of the Church- My Savior.
Now call me a heretic and excommunicate me from you. I will be with Christ.
This one is for you Dusty
"...you will not see me behind you."

- Of course I won't, because "I'm the last in line."

:o)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462527 Jul 16, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
While singing as a child in church I never could put my heart into the words in a lot of the hymns, because I couldn't relate to them as being inspired by anything of value. But I learned the words and the melodies because of repetition.
Leaders of cults depend on repetition to indoctrinate the upcoming generations.
It only worked to confuse me ... for instance of why "Jesus" wouldn't love those in other religions ... and why those poor "souls" would have to burn in hell for eternity simply because the children were not born into a family of Christians.
Who said that Jesus wouldn't love those in other religions??? Never heard that "anywhere", even as an ex_Protestant other that Catholics weren't Christian, which is bible only nonsense!!! With regard to heaven and hell God is the "final judge"---NO-ONE else!! Not you, not me, not Confrinting (even though he thinks he is)!!

Prince George, Canada

#462528 Jul 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For a man called of God you certainly have a difficult time answering questions regarding things of God!!!
:)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462529 Jul 16, 2013
Sorry for the (triple) post! Don't know how that happened!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462530 Jul 16, 2013
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith,

--> Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. <--

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 ==> For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. <--

~~~

According to the scripture when we obey God's word above...

WE

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father,

which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Prince George, Canada

#462531 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
OUR DAY and future... IS ALREADY IS MADE..
Your bible is simply equivalent to a gypsies crystal ball.

You see in it what you lust to see, and that is that you are aligned to holiness and others are aligned to evil.

Your vanity simply has you spinning ... out of control.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462532 Jul 16, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>God Bless you RoSesz
You also and I pray whatever the new,treatment is that it's,better for you:)

People do not realize how in a marriage ..You can be do dependent on each other ..And of course,GOD.

You are most blessed you have each other ..And share a faith ..

Albuquerque, NM

#462533 Jul 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now why was I thinking you were a female?
*whispers*

Confrinting and Kay Marie use the same login. It is understand to confuse the two, if y ou have not been reading them often.

Easy way to tell the difference:
- different writing styles.
+ Kay Marie thinks she know "God" and can describe what "He does and doesn't do".
+ Confrinting (GiF)- never claims this fallacy, but continues to show his hatred of other beliefs, even though he contiues to say he believes in Jesus. Since Jesus was passive, GiF hasn't reached that pinnacle of life yet, so he is expresses his frustration openly against the RCC, in lieu of addressing his own shortcomings.

In essence, they both speak of unfounded things.

*shrugs*

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#462534 Jul 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Are any of you familiar with the four hidden dynasties of Satan and what they are?
Why do you want to dwel in negative things?

FYI - "Satan" is a construct of men, to help continue to place fear into those minds who believe.

Please post the first reference to "Satan".

Please post an accurate picture of this entity.

Please read and then post your conclusion upon Venus and its different names used over the centuries.

Live in love and the positive side of life and you will be a better person for it.

Prince George, Canada

#462535 Jul 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/e...

"THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true...

... The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible...

... The document shows how far the Catholic Church has come since the 17th century, when Galileo was condemned as a heretic for flouting a near-universal belief in the divine inspiration of the Bible by advocating the Copernican view of the solar system. Only a century ago, Pope Pius X condemned Modernist Catholic scholars who adapted historical-critical methods of analysing ancient literature to the Bible ...

... They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

... Such an approach is dangerous, for example, when people of one nation or group see in the Bible a mandate for their own superiority, and even consider themselves permitted by the Bible to use violence against others.”

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462536 Jul 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again--Confrinting, I ask you!! Where does it say in the bible that every word, every phrase, every sentence--MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true...... Furthermore--where does it say, IN the bible that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired words--ONLY in the Bible....... The answer is--NOWHERE!! The fact is that the bible says JUST THE OPPOSITE!..... Paul tells us in I Timothy 3:15, that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar. pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....,. He also tells us that when there is a disagreement or a conflict to "take it to the Church" (not the bible)......This bible only teaching of yours, has absolutely "no basis" of ANY biblical or historical to TRUTH to back up ANY of your distorted and heretical Sola Scriptura preaching!........ I grew up, was taught, and lived this bible only (man-made) manipulated lie that you keep trying to "pass off" on your uniformed "few followers" for over 35 years as a Protestant. God and Jesus Christ--by the power, direction and guidance of HIS Holy Spirit, eventually led me to the Historical and biblical TRUTH that has, is and will always be "grounded" in the TRUE faith of Jesus Christ and His (one and only) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church-----not the only Church---but the one TRUE Church, that preaches, teaches and proclaims the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH!!!!!!
~~~

I DON'T EXPECT AND INFIDEL SUCH AS YOUR SELF ...THAT CONTENDS AGAINST GOD'S WORD

YOU ARE DEAD TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE ...AND WILL REMAIN SO..

UNTIL YOU ARE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Albuquerque, NM

#462537 Jul 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Most so called Christians are totally ignorant of the four hidden dynasties of Satan aka the four horns of Revelation yet they try to pawn themselves off as Bible scholars and teachers of Gods word. What a joke many of thes so called Bible scholars are.
They can quote scriptures better than Satan can but in reality they have not an inkling as to the deeper message God is trying to convey in those scriptures.
All these different religions, these different denominations are merely part of the Religious dynasty of the four hidden dynasties of Satan. The RCC, The Seventh Day Adventist,the Jehovah's Witness,the Muslims etc, etc. They are all part of the religious dynasty of the four hidden dynasties of Satan. The Political system,the economical system, the educational system are the other parts of the four hidden dynasties of Satan that he is using to bring about the new world order in opposition to the Lord God Yahovah. And Christians haven;t a clue as to what is taking place before their very Spiritually closed eyes.
So all of Protestantism is part of "God's Dynasty"?

What about Atheism?

What about Gnosticism?

What about Hinduism?

What about Kardashianism?

;o)

Prince George, Canada

#462538 Jul 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said that Jesus wouldn't love those in other religions???
Athanasian Creed

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Prince George, Canada

#462539 Jul 16, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - "Satan" is a construct of men, to help continue to place fear into those minds who believe.
I agree ... but I also believe that humans were taught that gods exist to take ONLY the good ones to bliss in a hereafter.

It kept the followers fighting over who the gods loved and love ... which has been of equal disturbance to any aim at peace on earth.

Prince George, Canada

#462540 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I DON'T EXPECT AND INFIDEL SUCH AS YOUR SELF ...THAT CONTENDS AGAINST GOD'S WORD
YOU ARE DEAD TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE ...AND WILL REMAIN SO..
UNTIL YOU ARE BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.
You and your EGO are spinning words in the hopes that a god will reward you!

You don't care who your words hurt. It's all about your own concept that you are holy and VERY deserving of salvation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web