Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589475 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#462293 Jul 15, 2013
did you tell me about peace..but not peace as it is written..

now
de s titu t e

word constitute
word concetrate
con s titu t e
c on cet t rat e

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462294 Jul 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still searching and having fun doing so.
Thanks for your concern.
It's not concern on my part. It's confusion about your belief concerning "self."

You might perceive you are a new age spiritual leader, but from my perception, you can't BE a leader of truth unless you know truth.

And if you claim to know truth ... I believe that would make you a liar.
truth

Perth, Australia

#462295 Jul 15, 2013
my mind is not yours
i am as i am
don't be liar

Prince George, Canada

#462296 Jul 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS IMMORTALITY.
Does this mean the Buddha and Muhammad are dead???

OH NO!!!!!!!!!

Must you ruin my images by overriding them with your own images ... you inconsiderate boob!

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#462297 Jul 15, 2013
Why bird fly over piramide?
art he art every heart
bird perspective art=pticija perspectiva

who can?
who can't?
who is mental?
who is smart?
that story is finish
Did someone need your diploma?
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
nk
Clay

Chicago, IL

#462298 Jul 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Catholic church:
Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ
*Given to a 3 month old child who doesn't acknowledge Christ as Savior...doesn't acknowledge Christ as the Son of God...doesn't acknowledge Christ by faith.
* besides the age difference, how is a 3 month old child differ from an atheist??
how come the Jews didn't wait until the child was old enough to circumcise them?

The idea of infant Baptism is that the child is brought forth by their two Christian parents, and initiated into Christ's Church.

Infant Baptism is practiced by most of Christianity - including Protestantism.
It wasn't until the born again movement decided they were going to dictate Christianity themselves and undo it. Really Chuck, your new teaching on Baptism is so new, that Confrint probably remembers when it was installed by you guys.

Prince George, Canada

#462299 Jul 15, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>tony, it is just Oxbore acting stupid(well maybe not acting stupid).
he has some trick up his sleeve that only he knows.
but he is like you,
NEITHER ARE QUALIFIED TO BE A TEACHER OF THE WORD OF GOD.
God doesn't use people of your satanic practices, you know it and you know that we know it.
Hahahahahahaha

You people keep insisting who god uses to preach the truth and you all vote for your selves.

Idiots!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#462300 Jul 15, 2013
around me is wicket everyday
we know who they are..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#462301 Jul 15, 2013
who="Tony17" Discuss? I'm not here to discuss the word of God with you because you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me. I'm here to teach you the word of God,not discuss it with you.
So I'll keep teaching and you keep listening. Kay? Maybe in a few years of me teaching you then you will be able to discuss it with me but at this time as I stated, you're not qualified to discuss the word of God with me.
:):)
KM
this fits tony.lol

12For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves(Tony) among themselves(A Murray), are not wise.

Prince George, Canada

#462302 Jul 15, 2013
If Jesus is the only one who has immortality, there goes the rest of those Catholic saints.

Prince George, Canada

#462303 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
how come the Jews didn't wait until the child was old enough to circumcise them?
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states that the custom of FGM "cuts across religions and is practiced by Muslims, Christians, Jews and followers of indigenous religions."[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_ ...

Prince George, Canada

#462304 Jul 15, 2013
From the book “A Singular Iniquity—The Campaigns of Josephine Butler, by Glen Petrie, comes the following.

In 1858 clinics existed in many cities entirely devoted to Clitoridectomy. In boys, masturbation led to insanity and in girls it led to nymphomania and the brothel …(England).

Prince George, Canada

#462305 Jul 15, 2013
Preachers of supposed truth are blathering idiots.

Bibles become weapons in their hands.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

God Invented Sex … Charles Wittschiebe … Seventh-Day-Adventist Pastor

Sex and You

The Bible frequently refers, in a spiritual sense, to circumcision. No one can grasp the term’s significance without being able in his mind to see the minor operation portrayed in the word itself. Moses writes in explicit terms when telling of his own experience with his son, or when relating events in the lives of the people of God. A circle of flesh cut from the foreskin of the penis became, by the command of God himself, a symbol of dedication and loyalty to Him and to his covenant. One can reasonably assume that God chose the genital organ because in one sense it lies at the center of life. One can reasonably assume that God chose the genital organ because in one sense it lies at the center of life from the man’s side, it produced the “seed” that shared in the process of reproducing children in the image of their parents, who reflected the image of Adam, who reflected the image of God. God creates life; man originates it through the process of reproduction.

The Lord could have had something similar done with the woman, but He decided to set the mark of loyalty in man’s body. Symbolically, the man’s wife shared the dedication by virtue of being married to a circumcised man.
Surely it was a strange rite for God to ordain if the sex organs are “dirty” or inherently more sinful than other parts of the body, or if we should never refer to them in a spiritual context.

Frankness in dealing with the subject of sex is highly desirable. Only an unhealthy attitude toward it causes one to misconstrue frankness for vulgarity.

Prince George, Canada

#462306 Jul 15, 2013
Men of religion took that word "cut" and applied it to the genitals of defenseless children.

Ignorant beasts!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Etymology[edit]

From Latin circumc&#299;si&#333;, from circumc&#299;d&#333; (“cut around”), from circum (“about, around; through”)+ caed&#333; (“cut, hew”).

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/circumcision

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#462307 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean the Buddha and Muhammad are dead???
OH NO!!!!!!!!!
Must you ruin my images by overriding them with your own images ... you inconsiderate boob!
~~~

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

DO YOU MEAN THE ONE WITH YOUR HALO HANGING ON YOUR HORNS....

Or the one with your feet engulfed in flames?
truth

Perth, Australia

#462308 Jul 15, 2013
trap of bird catchers

Prince George, Canada

#462309 Jul 15, 2013
Now studies have shown that those such as the Celts were in America in the early centuries.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

“God had shown his hand.” Columbus considered his voyage as “an evident miracle.” For it was not just a matter of the discovery of the “Indies,” but of a transfigured world.“It is I whom God had chosen for his messenger, showing me on which side were to be found the new heaven and new earth of which the Lord had spoken through the mouth of Saint John in his Apocalypse, and of which Isaiah had made previous mention.” According to Columbus’s calculations, the end of the world was due to occur in 155 years.

Prince George, Canada

#462310 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
DO YOU MEAN THE ONE WITH YOUR HALO HANGING ON YOUR HORNS....
Or the one with your feet engulfed in flames?
OH WICKED ONE ... Allah is going to burn you in Muslim hell for denying him.

truth

Perth, Australia

#462311 Jul 15, 2013
marmermirmormur
which rivers is there tart about what?
ravrevrivrovruv

see words

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462312 Jul 15, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not concern on my part. It's confusion about your belief concerning "self."
What are you confused about?
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might perceive you are a new age spiritual leader, but from my perception, you can't BE a leader of truth unless you know truth.
Okay - if that is your definition.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you claim to know truth ... I believe that would make you a liar.
I never claimed to know the truth.

What I have claimed are as follows:
- so-called "Christians" only use, follow and understand a portion of what Jesus taught, thus, only accepting a portion of his teachings, because men had decided to.
- so-called "Christians" cannot define what the "Church" is - just too many variables.
- so-called "Christians" would rather use more of "Paul" than of Jesus to express what Jesus taught.
- so-called "Christians" have only used the less that six of the original 13 Apostles that men had decided to use, in order to determine what Jesus taught and a belief in Jesus.

As you can see - all facts and all show an incomplete Jesus, whom most so-called "Christians" -'lean on','believe in', accept as their Savior.

I wonder how a half-belief in Jesus actually fully saves?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 7 hr pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition 18 hr Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web