Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,297)

Showing posts 445,921 - 445,940 of512,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! Just conveying and repeating ONLY THE PROVEN Historical and Biblical (from over 2000 years) ofthe TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church over and over again to those Protestants, Orthodox, Agnostics and Atheists who have chosen to willfully, defiantly and rebelliously "reject it"!!
It's quite humorous how you place high value on the words of your favorite theologians ... yet you would freak out if I started preaching supposed truth at you from the words of an Islamic theologian.

Favoritism is the name of the religious game.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June at this time of your life the respective beliefs of your parents
Have nothing to do with you having a relationship with God.
If you open your heart..be humble..not use preconceived or read about
Notion...you may be surprised.
The still small voice may be calling unless you have so thoroughly
Hardened your heart ..That He is no longer speaking
It is totally to you.
You have read much...And heard from many believers.
You are not like a native in a wilderness who knows nothing.
Please open your spirit to listen. YOU are on thus forum for a reason..
PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU
You didn't pay heed to my words.

NO words from theologians are allowed to govern over my thoughts any more ... and that INCLUDES words from your favorite theologians.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Many Jews were forced to convert to Catholicism ... yet they practiced Judaism behind closed doors.
Make NO mistake about THAT issue.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still
Dale Carnegie
Of course ..No one can force belief .

No one can be tortured into true belief either .

.Free will is individual between each person and God

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June at this time of your life the respective beliefs of your parents
Have nothing to do with you having a relationship with God.
If you open your heart..be humble..not use preconceived or read about
Notion...you may be surprised.
The still small voice may be calling unless you have so thoroughly
Hardened your heart ..That He is no longer speaking
It is totally to you.
You have read much...And heard from many believers.
You are not like a native in a wilderness who knows nothing.
Please open your spirit to listen. YOU are on thus forum for a reason..
PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU
Do you believe that a god withheld truth from those in all other religions of the world and favored only you and those who believe as you believe?

Are you THAT VAIN?
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth then did He cry out. Feeling FORSAKEN.
His,sacrifice REGINA..was much greater than His torture and death..only physical..
We deserve more than physical pain for our many sins..But JESUS TOOK THAT PUNISHMENT for Us.
RoSesz:

Even though Jesus died on the Cross, it was his willing to do the Will of the Father, and he laid down his own life, it was not taken from him....

Part of the paradox of the Cross are the words Jesus declared while on the Cross, and give us a glimpse into his absolute control of the situation.

His declaration of being forsaken, is from Psalm 22. It was a short way of saying this whole Psalm....And the whole Psalm is at first a lament, and second half praise....

Please read it.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't pay heed to my words.
NO words from theologians are allowed to govern over my thoughts any more ... and that INCLUDES words from your favorite theologians.
June

I was,speaking from my own experience. And my heart .
Please take it from someone who did not live with any
True belief for years..decades.

He called to me..thank God. In many small ways,..He had probably called before but I was not listening..

Thankfully at that point in my life I did.

Maybe your presence here is a,part if His,calling to you.

You can seek Him or deny Him

It's up to you.

But you will be meeting Him one way or another

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Even though Jesus died on the Cross, it was his willing to do the Will of the Father, and he laid down his own life, it was not taken from him....
Part of the paradox of the Cross are the words Jesus declared while on the Cross, and give us a glimpse into his absolute control of the situation.
His declaration of being forsaken, is from Psalm 22. It was a short way of saying this whole Psalm....And the whole Psalm is at first a lament, and second half praise....
Please read it.
He took all of our horrid sins on Himself ..literally became Sin so sin was crucified..though He was,sinless himself.

He was not reciting a,Psalm ..He was crying out in against from the Sin
That was so foreign to His perfect being .

Don't you see..this made His sacrifice SO MUCH GREATER THAN PHYSICAL.

HE lived us,THAT MUCH
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you. But if it were true, your grandparents should have been arrested and thrown in jail for concealing a crime.
I do not see why June would lie about that Clay. The bible is full of terrible things people did and the consequences of them. Kind David had a man murdered because he wanted to covet his wife. He did it in Secret. The Prophet then comes and gives an analogy and right away Kind David Speaks out righteous anger. Then he tells David the Man is him! That is but one example.

The destruction was done. People have doubts. When Joseph was thought dead sold by his brothers do you think his Father had doubt, pain, anger? Some will curse God or say how can a God let this happen. Does God answer prayers? If you choose in his own time and sometimes the answer will be no. Some Protestants will say that you do not believe because if you did you would be healed to sick people. I dont think thats right at all.

As far as abuse from what I have seen June has been fair on that stating that abuse is found everywhere and not Targeting the Catholic Church only. For that I give more credit than the majority of people on this thread. I defend against accusations abuse is a Catholic thing or far worse than anywhere else. I also contend with those who would say the church did nothing, or it doesnt happen in our church. I contend with the fact that you cannot view things how we do today given the lack of knowledge and policy on how to deal with these people anywhere. Various cultures globally also see things differently. However I do despise those who make it sound as if its a teaching, or a norm and self righteously deny it in their own ranks. Those people are hypocrites and dont really care about the bigger problem at large.

It was very hard for many americans to believe a president would commit crimes. Abusers are often respected people who are sociable and are in positions of trust and authority with youth. People rarely can believe they would do such things. Who would believe a Father would molest his own daughter or son? We want to believe the good. It is unfortunate that good people who have done no wrong or also maligned by false accusers making it difficult. Rape cases were rarely effective for women and still today rape is difficult to prove as people would say or the case presented she asked for it. Understanding the consequences. Men are raped too, by other men and even women. Some will argue a man cannot be raped by a woman. Well tell that to a woman who uses date rape drugs and has sex with him and then demands child support.

The bottom line Clay is I dont judge any particular faith on the sins and damage caused by the sin of some. Be happy that knowledge is being shared, that proactive steps are being taken and that not only the laity, but the church itself has a greater awareness of the scope of things and is working to prevent as much as possible and as Pope Benedict said this evil must be purged from our midst. Sadly alot needs to be done in many organizations. And if you argue that Junes Grandparents should be put in jail then alot of principals, teachers, your organizers Bishops, Rabbis who sent people to treatment or quietly dismissed them which is still prevalent or didnt believe they would do it again should have gone to jail even though they may have believed what they were doing was right. Many Protestant churches and other religions argue it is an internal matter and that is how it was dealt with. Many Predator laws are relatively new.

Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were still a Protestant, do you believe that Jesus would save you and take you off to Christian heaven Robert ... or are you now more certain that as a Catholic you have the REAL truth on which to rely?
I'll be waiting for your philosophical mumbo jumbo of a response.
June:

Wait no more.(smiles)

As I have said before, your definition, and world-view, is not the same and mine concerning being a Christian. And because I don't fit into your definition, does not make me not exist.

Certainty requires a certain amount of trust and confidence.(Although we are generally certain that the laws of physics always apply, one cannot be absolutely certain.)

Certainty is more a process of ascertaining and asserting a thing. So it tends to be an expression of justification.

Faith and hope end when those who have it encounter the object of their faith and hope.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course ..No one can force belief .
So, when you KNOW that I am Atheist, why do you keep insisting that your Christian religious belief is based on the only truth in the universe?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I was,speaking from my own experience. And my heart .
Please take it from someone who did not live with any
True belief for years..decades.
He called to me..thank God. In many small ways,..He had probably called before but I was not listening..
Thankfully at that point in my life I did.
Maybe your presence here is a,part if His,calling to you.
You can seek Him or deny Him
It's up to you.
But you will be meeting Him one way or another
Your religion taught you to be VAIN.

You are certain that without your belief I am doomed!

How obnoxious!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Wait no more.(smiles)
As I have said before, your definition, and world-view, is not the same and mine concerning being a Christian. And because I don't fit into your definition, does not make me not exist.
Certainty requires a certain amount of trust and confidence.(Although we are generally certain that the laws of physics always apply, one cannot be absolutely certain.)
Certainty is more a process of ascertaining and asserting a thing. So it tends to be an expression of justification.
Faith and hope end when those who have it encounter the object of their faith and hope.
I don't believe you Robert F.

If you didn't believe you were going to heaven and other to hell, your religion would have absolutely nothing to offer you.

And by the way Robert F, you must believe that Protestants will not be saved as Catholics will be saved. Otherwise you would have stayed in your Protestant faith and not flown the coup to Catholicism.

You are full of something, but I don't believe it's "truth."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you. But if it were true, your grandparents should have been arrested and thrown in jail for concealing a crime.
I posted that information about my father being molested many times on the other forum on which I post.

Your popes that covered for the molestations of innocent children century after century should have gone to jail, but they were a law unto their selves.

And keep in mind that only as of late have Catholics within the church reported their "superiors." Before that, they were taught to protect the IMAGE of the church at all costs. I suggest that my grandparents were also of that indoctrination. "Keep your mouth shut and let "god" take care of whatever occurs."

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see why June would lie about that Clay.
Thank you.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that a god withheld truth from those in all other religions of the world and favored only you and those who believe as you believe?
Are you THAT VAIN?
The truth has been out there for thousands of years ..We will be judged

By what we knew
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He took all of our horrid sins on Himself ..literally became Sin so sin was crucified..though He was,sinless himself.
He was not reciting a,Psalm ..He was crying out in against from the Sin
That was so foreign to His perfect being .
Don't you see..this made His sacrifice SO MUCH GREATER THAN PHYSICAL.
HE lived us,THAT MUCH
RoSesz:

I know. And be at peace. I can relate to what you are trying to say. It is a quiet and great joy to fathom, the limitless love of God for us.

Perhaps I know in just a different way.

Jesus is the Healer of our soul, spirit, mind, and body. He repaired that which is broken within us, and repaired our relationship with God. This is what Jesus sought to do, sought out to seek the lost sheep, and he accomplished when he said, "It is finished."

It is because of the most central understanding that we have and can be a recipient of God as being the Most-Humble-Love, that God offers us eternal life with Him, that we begin an awareness of our journey with him. It is to our benefit, that Jesus leaves, and the Spirit comes to journey with us...,it is how we follow Jesus, and are led by the Spirit.

It is God's humility in allowing us to touch him, which makes us realize how great and awesome He is....

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Children of Catholic parents had nowhere to go for help. Even when they reported the molestations to the hierarchy, the priests would be moved to another area to molest again. Some were not even moved after molestations were reported, as the children were not as "credible" as were the priests.

My poor father as a child was just one among countless others who had nowhere to turn for help.

And he was sent back to the same molesters again and again, because he was alter boy who sang "beautiful" hymns in the choir.

And the HOLY "god" from on high did nothing!!! Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
I know. And be at peace. I can relate to what you are trying to say. It is a quiet and great joy to fathom, the limitless love of God for us.
And eternal hell for others.

Amen!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no one is going to be convinced that you know what you are talking about.
when Jesus spoke the words "I am", the jewish people that heard Him knew that he was saying that He was God.
He is the Son of God, there is no argument about that. and always ah been.
why don't you just tell us what point that you are wishing to make.
for several months, you have been acting like an idiot, and I must admit, YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB IF YOU ARE NOT ACTING, THAT IS.lol
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was GOD(SEE THAT).
Genesis chapter 32, verses 24 -30.
And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved
Here we find that Jacob wrestled with God.
this is Jesus, not God the Father, since the Bible is clear that even Moses couldnt look upon the face of God.
Now you can accept that Jesus is God or you can not, like others on here, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU SAY OR ARE TRYING TO SAY.
YOU ARE VERY BORING, PLUS IGNORANT AND SENILE.LOL
Logic tells me that a man "called of God would have no problem answering such a simple statement: tell me the following does not teach that Jesus is not God...

You are a fraud....you are one of those the Bible speaks of...wolves dressed in the clothes of sheep...

Prove my words: Do you agree with the teaching of the Catholics and the SBC:

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...

And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..
Human Being

Ragley, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you Robert F.
If you didn't believe you were going to heaven and other to hell, your religion would have absolutely nothing to offer you.
And by the way Robert F, you must believe that Protestants will not be saved as Catholics will be saved. Otherwise you would have stayed in your Protestant faith and not flown the coup to Catholicism.
You are full of something, but I don't believe it's "truth."
June:

Believe as you desire.

I have no need to change your ideas. They belong to you.

I know when I write you, I am talking to a brick wall(smiles), but my voice may reflect off that wall, and others can hear the reflection.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 445,921 - 445,940 of512,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••