Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,295)

Showing posts 445,881 - 445,900 of529,986
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

If people believed every soul would be saved, there would BE no religious preachers, as there would be no NEED!

And that is the truth.

Preachers of religion HAVE to feel NEEDED by a supposed god that they are certain wants them to save wayward souls from hell.

Of coursehat excludes the modern Pagans who believe that a goddess loves everybody without any hell-strings attached.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Of course that excludes

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your statement.
I was referring to a NORMAL Protestant Evangelical celebration. And it does consist of a rock band, jumbo- tron, cappacino coffee and waving of arms. In construction, I've actually worked on these entertainment complexes they call a 'church'.
You found a Catholic Mass from you tube that wasn't normal and you tried to pass it off as a part of what we do. Like I stated before, the last part of your video wasn't even Catholic. It was some other group that has woman priests and deacons.
We do hold up our Hans to the Lord..it was strange at first ..instead of clamping them...but I like it...

And we sing hymns ..sometimes a music group ...NOT A ROCK BAND ..IS involved.
Or a soloist
You You all have choirs.

So what...

You guys,are a a k ways making fun of our service.

Didn't JESUS ever rejoice!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

And the man who now preaches that he is the second coming of Jesus has many devout groupies that follow him because he tells them that there is no sin or evil or a devil or hell.

The followers believe he preaches the REAL truth of Christianity and those other BAD theologians with their dogmas of hell were lying.

Religion is all BUNK!

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do! You believe those who are not of your faith will not be saved.
Why do you people insist on lying???
Only Jesus will judge us by our hearts and what we knew.

That's His Job not mine June.

How will He judge a poo person who never knew about Him ..No idea.

How will He judge a minister ..again no idea.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Hel was at one time a loving goddess.

Then the Christians got a hold of that dogma and morphed it into a fiery furnace with a devil and evil as it's companion.

Those theologians KNEW that without fear, no one would follow.

Preaching of heaven would be futile without that teaching that bad people go to hell.

You know it and I know it.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Jesus will judge us by our hearts and what we knew.
That's His Job not mine June.
Knock it off! You KNOW you are certain that Jesus saved you.

If you believed you were going to hell, you would drop that bible into the first garbage can in your "sight."

You know it and I know it.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is,such a simple solution .
Use wine that is similar to the NEW WINE of JesUS time.
Practically non alcoholic.
They use wine..juice if grapes....watered wine hex a use the water was probably nit all TH as t sanitAry.
They were NOT alcoholics ..
And if indeed they are changing its substance ...why need all the alcohol.
Besides they only take a sip...right ??
http://www.alcoholcontents.com/wine/
Why nit watered down wine ..sparkling grape juice..non as alcoholic wine..wine cooler..grape juice
You got it..there is no vure....

When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was:(but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

oinos: "wine" (literally or figuratively):--wine.

Wine: A beverage made of the fermented juice of any of various kinds of grapes, usually containing from 10 to 15 percent alcohol by volume.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

"Only Jesus knows who will be allowed in heaven."

"Do you still sin?"

"Yes, but I know that Jesus died for my sin."

"If you believed that Jesus hadn't died for your sin, would you still worship him."

"Not likely."

"Do you think Jesus knows you are playing him for a sucker?"

"Why are asking me these questions?"

"Because you won't ask them of your self."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

correction....cure...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Christians NEED salvation. So they worship a Jew in exchange FOR the salvation.

HEY ... it's all done in "good" faith ... RIGHT?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

"Dear Jesus,

I hope you exist, because I want and need you to save me and take me to eternal bliss after I die."

P.S.
I love you!"

Returned to sender ... postage due.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the bare truth of Catholicism is that the real Catholic religion is the only truth on earth???
That automatically divides you from those in other religions.
If you can't see that, you choose to stay blind.
The Catholic Church and the Catholic Doctrine of Faith IS, HAS and will ALWAYS be the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH. I NEVER said that it is the ONLY truth on earth!!!(YOU DID)!! Again---it is the FULLNESS or COMPLETENESS of the TRUTH, that I/we as Catholics believe was God through His Son Jesus Christ was the original intended TRUTH, discarded, and rejected especially by bible only Protestants. There are many "partial truth religions and selected components (half-truth beliefs) which are incomplete religions, many of which are "spin-offs" from (and who have rejected) Jesus Christs One TRUE Catholic Church. Regardless, we ALL remain bothers and sisters of God Our Creator!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey .
We don't judge who is not saved.
Several of you CC. say we will not go to heaven unless we become Catholic .
I know that "you" don't make that judgment RosSesz and the Catholic Church does not teach or make that judgement either. There are, however< bible only Protestants on this forum, that believe that they "are the final judge" as who is saved and who is not! Lets begin with Confrinting, who makes the claim that he alone, is "relieving God" of HIS "ultimate responsibility" as to who is going to heaven and who is not, who is saved and who is not, and who is a Christian and who is not!!

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it..there is no vure....
When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was:(but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
oinos: "wine" (literally or figuratively):--wine.
Wine: A beverage made of the fermented juice of any of various kinds of grapes, usually containing from 10 to 15 percent alcohol by volume.
But in that context of the post I answered ..if the priest is,worried about driving ..use watered down wine..Or just take a,sip.
Why are they worried ..I don't get it

Are they expecting to be over whatever the legal limit is.

Silly
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
And the man who now preaches that he is the second coming of Jesus has many devout groupies that follow him because he tells them that there is no sin or evil or a devil or hell.
The followers believe he preaches the REAL truth of Christianity and those other BAD theologians with their dogmas of hell were lying.
Religion is all BUNK!
I want to clarify this. First of all, I think any worship towards Jesus Christ is a good thing. Whether its in an African village with drums and dancing or somewhere in the US with drums and dancing.

The issue I have is the alter. The alter is where Christ is made present in the Eucharist. At your worship service, the alter is just a symbol of a symbolic host. The 'alter call' with a fake alter?

Also, I think its disrespectful to hear the Holy Gospel while doing your nails and sipping coffee - which I have witnessed myself at an evangelical gathering. Kids were running back and forth playing hide and seek.
I'm not used to that. At the Catholic Mass, we are required to stand when the Gospel is read and kneel when the liturgy of the Eucharist is done.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Hi June:

I agree, Christ is in only a few so called Christ-in todays, this label is very loosely termed to say the least. One is truly a Christ-in [Christian] if God saved him or her by His word and His Spirit, John 3:1-5, 1 Peter 1:23, John 4:23, Eph. 5:26. These are just a few verses that tells us God must do all the work in saving so we can believe on Him whom He hath sent, John 6:29, this way God gets all the glory and praise not of man least he should boast, Eph. 2:8-9. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Every person that grabs the title of Christian believes he/she is the real deal.
I've heard it all way too many times.
Your tale of vanity is nothing new.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

My above post was directed at Rose, not June. I don't know how the mix up happened.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Clay wrote:
My above post was directed at Rose, not June. I don't know how the mix up happened.
I thought so.

Well I can only speak to churches I have Bern in .

We sit and stand depending .

But if anyone saw us doing our nails ...someone woukd definitely speak to it.
If
We have coffee it is AFTER the service when we greet other believer as
We drink.
Or eat

Sometimes we may have a supper.

The minister may or may not speak AFTER THE MEAL

IT is considered very poor manners to eat while any one talks .

In a business meeting we may have a beverage.

I have no idea what church YOU went to ..But no church I know fir a what you said .

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you disagree with my previous paragraphs? The video you provided showed an Episcopal or Methodist 'mass'. It wasn't a Catholic Mass. That's fact. There was a woman Priest and a women Deacon.
The normal Catholic Mass does not have the kinda display your other examples showed. Basically Sera, you dug up something that is very very rare and tried to pass it off as a normal Catholic Mass. I don't think I like the deceptive approach you attempted.
I will repeat myself again...I did NOT try to pass that link off as a normal mass.I posted it as an abuse of a mass.Clay...don't make statements unless your 100 percent sure..it is a fact that the catholic church HAS derailed in its mass to draw in the younger crowds...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 445,881 - 445,900 of529,986
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••