Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693322 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462347 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
how come the Jews didn't wait until the child was old enough to circumcise them?
The idea of infant Baptism is that the child is brought forth by their two Christian parents, and initiated into Christ's Church.
Infant Baptism is practiced by most of Christianity - including Protestantism.
It wasn't until the born again movement decided they were going to dictate Christianity themselves and undo it. Really Chuck, your new teaching on Baptism is so new, that Confrint probably remembers when it was installed by you guys.
I was not asking about the practice of infant baptism. Your twin Spin Brother Anthony does the samething. Does a 3 month old become a member of Christ without acknowledge of Christ as Savior...without acknowledge Christ as the Son of God...without acknowledge Christ by faith?

That's all I asked.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#462348 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>They lost it!!!They lost it hundreds of years ago!
But is the story about a real astronomer. Working for the Vatican..

Expecting aliens ...And neg as ting creation theory...Or intelligent design...

It was so crazy I truly have up reading

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#462349 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I do not read everyones posts. sorry.My memory is alittle strained these days with nicks illness.If you have a question for me that I have not answered please ask me again and I will be on the look out for you...sorry
Cannot find your post to reply to..saw it in Kay's post.

So s o SORRY about your daughter..

God bless you and make His,face to shine on you.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#462350 Jul 15, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really lonely up here!!!!!
Have you ever seen this teaching from the catlicks:
Transubstantiation - The change of the substance of bread and wine into that of the Body and Blood of Christ...
Logic says, if indeed that is what happens when the priest does his munbo-jumbo at the altar with the wine, the volume of alcohol in the wine is meaningless, because there is no more wine...there is only blood!!!!!
And...the priests in Ireland would not be concerned about the lowering of the legal drinking level for drivers which might leave them stranded after Mass. Now would they?????
Ok actually makes,sense ..surprisingly .

I say if it IS indeed s till wine ..water it down ..

But I see your point

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#462351 Jul 15, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote..
Your non response to my questions is casting a huge shadow of doubt on your claim of being a Christan.....
___
MY WIFE AND I ARE WHOM GOD SAYS WE ARE.
You personal opinions carry no weight with him...
We are not slaves to be controlled by your conjecture neither are we
subject to your judgments.
Your personal inquisition has no power over us.
of my position before God...
Horse feathers...you bring this old adage to life: "You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

A Christian would answer these questions in less than a nano second:

Does this verse teach Christ is God: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Do you agree with the following teaching, that is supported by Scripture???

SBC:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...

And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#462352 Jul 15, 2013
who="Chuck"
I was not asking about the practice of infant baptism. Your twin Spin Brother Anthony does the samething. Does a 3 month old become a member of Christ without acknowledge of Christ as Savior...without acknowledge Christ as the Son of God...without acknowledge Christ by faith?
That's all I asked.

Performing a physical health measure to an infant (circumcision) is in NO way the same thing as baptism.

Baptism is a mater of the Spirit, and involves a relationship of the person and God.

Doctors might perform that first surgery...but NO PERSON can perform that 'surgery of the heart'. God said, "I" will put a new heart in you."

KayMarie
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#462353 Jul 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all I asked.
Well no, a 3 yr old would become a member of Christ because their parents (who are members) would bring them forth within the covenant of Holy Matrimony.
The Bible only records the initial burst of Christianity, when there was no such thing as 'the Christian family'. The early Church clearly understood that families should bring their children forth in the same way Jewish families brought forth their infants to get circumcised.
like I said Chuck, most of Protestantland agrees with this.
I don't think you born agains should have messed with Baptism..
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#462354 Jul 15, 2013
Tony17, here are some items to consider when deciding what to believe regarding the Sabbath...
Most people have given little thought to what God says about the Sabbath in His Word. Here are some highlights:
• The Sabbath is mentioned 117 times in the Bible (King James Version)—61 in the Old Testament and 56 in the new. None of these mentions refers to Sunday, the first day of the week, but all to the seventh day of the week (Friday sunset to Saturday sunset).
• The Sabbath is mentioned 45 times in the four Gospels—far more than the number of times it is mentioned in the five books of Moses.
• The Sabbath was made for man, not for any particular group, race or nationality (Mark 2:27).
• Jesus Christ's custom was to keep the Sabbath (Luke 4:16).
• Jesus expected His followers would be keeping the Sabbath at the time of the end (Matthew 24:20).
• Several decades after Christ's death, Luke described the Sabbath as a commandment (Luke 23:56).
• The apostle Paul taught both Jews and gentiles on the Sabbath, never hinting that they didn't need to observe it (Acts 13:42-44; 17:1-4).
• After Christ establishes His Kingdom on the New Earth, "from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship" before Him (Isaiah 66:23).
• Out of 117 times the Sabbath is mentioned in the Scriptures, not a single one so much as hints that the Sabbath has been changed to another day or abolished.
• The Bible nowhere gives man authority to change what God has commanded and made holy.(Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32).
• Nowhere in the Bible is there a commandment to remember or observe Sunday as the Sabbath.
• God wants the Sabbath to be a delight to mankind (Isaiah 58:13-14). Those who condemn it or criticize its observance obviously have a view that differs from God's.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#462355 Jul 15, 2013
who="Chuck"
That's all I asked.
Performing a physical health measure to an infant (circumcision) is in NO way the same thing as baptism.
Baptism is a mater of the Spirit, and involves a relationship of the person and God.
Doctors might perform that first surgery...but NO PERSON can perform that 'surgery of the heart'. God said, "I" will put a new heart in you."
KayMarie
you aren't authorized to teach the reasons why Jesus wanted infants to be Baptized. The early Church; Bishops ordained by the Apostles spelled it out clearly. If I had the means, I would give you a link.
Of course, you'll ignore it anyway.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#462356 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
You say the Roman Catholic Church established Sunday as the new Sabbath to coincide with the worship of the Sun god?
How come we can prove that Sunday was observed from the earliest possible inception of Christianity. The early Church wrote about it- 275 yrs before Constantine?
Now that you have been told this truth (of course, you were already shown your error last time, but you ignored it) are you going to cease spreading this lie?
Confrinting with some of the word, Preston, Chuck, what day to you guys observe and why? Tiger picked up a Bible just like you. Which one of you fanatics are right?
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it." Exodus 20:8-11

Anyone who wishes to disagree with this does NOT keep the Law of God.

John 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you.…

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#462357 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I do not read everyones posts. sorry.My memory is alittle strained these days with nicks illness.If you have a question for me that I have not answered please ask me again and I will be on the look out for you...sorry
Nice diversion.
Here was my second time posting this to you. I've also included your "smart" response you made to me initially.
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Lay it on me sister - what is the "Truth"?
While you are explaining, can you also fill in the blanks on these other questions?
"What is the Church?"
"What are the qualifications of a Christian?"
"Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?"
"Why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles?"
"Why is there more 'Paul' teachings in the Bible, instead of more from Jesus?"
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

You may reference this post on Pg 22277, post #461435
Let's see if you can be honest and straight-forward with me, for this one last time.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#462358 Jul 15, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony told me that even if you imply it you're guilty. What do you say?
This is Regina's other post:
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn! I really did get under your skin. I had no idea.
Ooops, did I just curse at you?
Here she admits to it and even lies about she has never cussed at anyone.
Is you saying you're not the cussing police your way of saying I don't have the stones to say something to her?
No, I don't think that is cussing at somebody either. I catch the sarcasm from her when she said,'oops, did I just curse at you?". You deliberately use her sarcasm against her. That's called deceit.

Now, if I say, "Chuck, you're a deceiving cheat and your eyeballs are filled with bull shit". That would be cussing at you.

But if I say, "that's BS Chuck, you're deceiving cheat".
That's NOT cussing at you, and I don't think its cussing, since I initialed it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#462359 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no, a 3 yr old would become a member of Christ because their parents (who are members) would bring them forth within the covenant of Holy Matrimony.
The Bible only records the initial burst of Christianity, when there was no such thing as 'the Christian family'. The early Church clearly understood that families should bring their children forth in the same way Jewish families brought forth their infants to get circumcised.
like I said Chuck, most of Protestantland agrees with this.
I don't think you born agains should have messed with Baptism..
I will assume the obvious if you don't reply about Regina. lol
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#462360 Jul 15, 2013
Points to consider, Clay...

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-20

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

Isaiah 66:23
New International Version
From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD.

King James Bible
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

This is AFTER the resurrection of the just.

So if you think the Sabbath is Sunday, re-read these passages.
You missed something.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#462361 Jul 15, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:17-20
From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD.
King James Bible
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
You missed something.
Tiger, you SDA people are simply reading the Bible and determining your own religion.
I often say, you guys need to seriously provide Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says everything about His ministry is spelled out, in less than half of His Apostles written documents.
If you could somehow show that, then i would consider that Christianity indeed got the wrong day for the last 2,000 yrs. And you SDA Bible scholars must have uncovered the secret hidden meanings in the Bible, once it was published in 1452.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#462362 Jul 15, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
King James Bible
You missed something.
Also, you teach that Constantine changed the Sabbath to coincide with the pagan Sun god worship. That's not true.
I wish you Jehovah's and SDA would be more mindful of the serious implications that comes with deliberately spreading falsehoods. You're religion is not of God because you rely on deception in order to exist.

we talked last time about this. you completely ignored the evidence I provided that showed Constantine could not have changed the Sabbath. Christian writings 200 yrs before him clearly shows he didn't.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#462363 Jul 15, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> http://queeringthechurch.com/2011/01/11/pope-...
heres your TRUE CHURCH
Wrong again Seraphima!! It is not my Church---it is JESUS CHRIST'S!! It is HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church!!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#462364 Jul 15, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, you teach that Constantine changed the Sabbath to coincide with the pagan Sun god worship. That's not true.
I wish you Jehovah's and SDA would be more mindful of the serious implications that comes with deliberately spreading falsehoods. You're religion is not of God because you rely on deception in order to exist.
we talked last time about this. you completely ignored the evidence I provided that showed Constantine could not have changed the Sabbath. Christian writings 200 yrs before him clearly shows he didn't.
these people(SDA's) are worse than you catholics
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462365 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The ABRAHAMIC.... physical circumcision of the male
meant that when the sperm was past from the circumcised male into the
female in
The act of generation;.... the seed of the man passed through a divine
covenant made between that man and God .
The female conceiving in the womb, to begin the formation of the
embryo of a special covenanted person
which person would be ...a descendent in the
covenant of Abraham ...Israel
From my perspective it was all religious man-created rumors.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462366 Jul 15, 2013
who="Chuck"
That's all I asked.
KayMarie
Baptism is another ridiculous ritual.

The idea that if men did not baptize a baby it would go to purgatory or hell was a teaching of those stupid men who caused needless worry and stress on already stressed-out parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Daddy dosh 10,703
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... 8 hr Pardon Pard 1
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
More from around the web