Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,863
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#462036 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He took all of our horrid sins on Himself ..literally became Sin so sin was crucified..though He was,sinless himself.
He was not reciting a,Psalm ..He was crying out in against from the Sin
That was so foreign to His perfect being .
Don't you see..this made His sacrifice SO MUCH GREATER THAN PHYSICAL.
HE lived us,THAT MUCH
RoSesz:

I know. And be at peace. I can relate to what you are trying to say. It is a quiet and great joy to fathom, the limitless love of God for us.

Perhaps I know in just a different way.

Jesus is the Healer of our soul, spirit, mind, and body. He repaired that which is broken within us, and repaired our relationship with God. This is what Jesus sought to do, sought out to seek the lost sheep, and he accomplished when he said, "It is finished."

It is because of the most central understanding that we have and can be a recipient of God as being the Most-Humble-Love, that God offers us eternal life with Him, that we begin an awareness of our journey with him. It is to our benefit, that Jesus leaves, and the Spirit comes to journey with us...,it is how we follow Jesus, and are led by the Spirit.

It is God's humility in allowing us to touch him, which makes us realize how great and awesome He is....

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462037 Jul 14, 2013
Children of Catholic parents had nowhere to go for help. Even when they reported the molestations to the hierarchy, the priests would be moved to another area to molest again. Some were not even moved after molestations were reported, as the children were not as "credible" as were the priests.

My poor father as a child was just one among countless others who had nowhere to turn for help.

And he was sent back to the same molesters again and again, because he was alter boy who sang "beautiful" hymns in the choir.

And the HOLY "god" from on high did nothing!!! Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#462038 Jul 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
I know. And be at peace. I can relate to what you are trying to say. It is a quiet and great joy to fathom, the limitless love of God for us.
And eternal hell for others.

Amen!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#462039 Jul 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>no one is going to be convinced that you know what you are talking about.
when Jesus spoke the words "I am", the jewish people that heard Him knew that he was saying that He was God.
He is the Son of God, there is no argument about that. and always ah been.
why don't you just tell us what point that you are wishing to make.
for several months, you have been acting like an idiot, and I must admit, YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB IF YOU ARE NOT ACTING, THAT IS.lol
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was GOD(SEE THAT).
Genesis chapter 32, verses 24 -30.
And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved
Here we find that Jacob wrestled with God.
this is Jesus, not God the Father, since the Bible is clear that even Moses couldnt look upon the face of God.
Now you can accept that Jesus is God or you can not, like others on here, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU SAY OR ARE TRYING TO SAY.
YOU ARE VERY BORING, PLUS IGNORANT AND SENILE.LOL
Logic tells me that a man "called of God would have no problem answering such a simple statement: tell me the following does not teach that Jesus is not God...

You are a fraud....you are one of those the Bible speaks of...wolves dressed in the clothes of sheep...

Prove my words: Do you agree with the teaching of the Catholics and the SBC:

Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin...

And: The Catholics:
Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God...redeemer of the human Race..
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#462040 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you Robert F.
If you didn't believe you were going to heaven and other to hell, your religion would have absolutely nothing to offer you.
And by the way Robert F, you must believe that Protestants will not be saved as Catholics will be saved. Otherwise you would have stayed in your Protestant faith and not flown the coup to Catholicism.
You are full of something, but I don't believe it's "truth."
June:

Believe as you desire.

I have no need to change your ideas. They belong to you.

I know when I write you, I am talking to a brick wall(smiles), but my voice may reflect off that wall, and others can hear the reflection.

Prince George, Canada

#462041 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth has been out there for thousands of years ..We will be judged
By what we knew
Thousands of years HUH??? The word Christian only appeared in the language two thousand years ago.

Humans have practiced religion probably since they could walk upright and appeared more like apes than like humans.

You are ultra-vain to believe that a creator would lie to them and tell truth ONLY to you.

Silly people!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#462042 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! Just conveying and repeating ONLY THE PROVEN Historical and Biblical (from over 2000 years) ofthe TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church over and over again to those Protestants, Orthodox, Agnostics and Atheists who have chosen to willfully, defiantly and rebelliously "reject it"!!
Charlemagne and the Franks provided protection. I understand why the West turned to him. But unfortunately he and the Franks diluted the Western Church

Location hidden

#462043 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with you guys and 'sharing your testimony'? I hear that quite a bit. Did you only experience the outpouring of the Holy Spirit once or something?
That's a shame. I remember quite a few encounters with the Holy Spirit. A few of those encounters I couldn't tell if I was standing or floating. My confirmation was an enormous moment. I knew for sure there was a God then.
I had another awesome experience not to long ago while going thru a difficult time.
But to be honest, every time I receive Christ thru the Holy Eucharist is a profound unexplainable moment.
I don't know what you want me to say. I've never waved my arms around and went up to a minister with a microphone. I'm sure some of you received the gift of the Holy Spirit when you did it. I would expect nothing less from God. Anyone who makes a move like that towards Christ will be rewarded.
Especially if you're kicking drugs or alcohol.
(I'm just not sure what would possess you to think you can interpret the Bible after your alter call)
I think some of you would do cart wheels if you ever partook in the Eucharist.
I can't believe you go out of your ways to trash this mysterious gift from Christ. You opt instead to relive and reflect on your born again alter call experience, over and over, when the Eucharist is the New Testament that you should be consuming. Its the Bible coming to life, and all you wanna do is make fun of it?
Thanks for proving my words to be 110% true: you know as much about salvation as you do brain surgery!!!!

Make you another bet....you have no idea where you will spend eternity....even though the Bible says clearly you can know....

Location hidden

#462044 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't believe that. I have no idea why you think I believe that.
From your encyclopedia: Tradition and Living Magisterium -

The traditions and living magistium that Catholics have....are they not teachings from God?????

Prince George, Canada

#462045 Jul 14, 2013
God gave "visions" to Ellen white ... or so the Seventh-Day-Adventists bragged.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Heaven seemed near to the praying group, and as the power of God rested on Ellen she witnessed in vision the travels of the Advent people to the city of God.(Early Writings, pp. 13-20.) As the 17-year-old girl reluctantly and tremblingly related this vision to the Adventist group in Portland, they accepted it as light from God.

http://www.whiteestate.org/about/#message

Prince George, Canada

#462046 Jul 14, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Charlemagne and the Franks provided protection. I understand why the West turned to him. But unfortunately he and the Franks diluted the Western Church
How do you dilute lies???

Prince George, Canada

#462047 Jul 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The traditions and living magistium that Catholics have....are they not teachings from God?????
Of COURSE not ... only YOUR SPECIFIC teachings are from the one and only god!!! That is what your favorite theologians taught ... and you lust to believe it is true.

Silly people!

Prince George, Canada

#462048 Jul 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my words to be 110% true:
:)

Prince George, Canada

#462049 Jul 14, 2013
Joseph Smith
>>>>>>> >>>>>

Smith and his followers viewed his revelations as being above teachings or opinions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith#Rev...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#462050 Jul 14, 2013
HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT

THE NEW COVENANT/TESTAMENT?

DEFINITION OF Testament

TEST'AMENT, n.[L. testamentum, from testor, to make a will.]

1. A solemn authentic instrument in writing, by which a person declares his will
as to the disposal of his estate and effects after his death. This is otherwise
called a will. A testament,to be valid, must be made when the testator is of
sound mind, and it must be subscribed, witnessed and published in such manner as
the law prescribes.

A man in certain cases may make a valid will by words only, and such will is
called nuncupative.

2. The name of each general division of the canonical books of the sacred
Scriptures; as the Old Testament; the New Testament. The name is equivalent to
covenant, and in our use of it, we apply it to the books which contain the old
and new dispensations; that of Moses, and that of Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the testator..who signed the new Testament with His Blood....

and rose again to be the -->executor<-- of the

Testament

EXECUTOR DEFINED IN ENGLISH

Executor
EXEC'UTOR, n. The person appointed by a testator to execute his will, or to see
it carried into effect.

WHICH IS
A covenant,

A contract

A will

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal
Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead
works to serve the living God?

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament,

that by means of death,

for the redemption of the transgressions

that were under the first testament,

they which are called might receive

the promise of eternal inheritance.
Giogie

Las Vegas, NV

#462051 Jul 14, 2013
Well this one kind hot. People say that's Hell and Heaven but let be true.
I experience Hell everyday at my office with boss, and Heaven when I see my wife welcome me :D

Toss if you agree

Prince George, Canada

#462052 Jul 14, 2013
Originator of the Mennonites was an ex-Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Bride of Christ

Menno Simons drew heavily from Biblical images of the bride of Christ when envisioning a new church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menno_Simons#Bri...

Prince George, Canada

#462053 Jul 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT
THE NEW COVENANT/TESTAMENT?
That you believe it weighs heavily upon your special group of Protestants to preach "god's truth!"
Clay

Chicago, IL

#462054 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted that information about my father being molested many times on the other forum on which I post.
Your popes that covered for the molestations of innocent children century after century should have gone to jail, but they were a law unto their selves.
And keep in mind that only as of late have Catholics within the church reported their "superiors." Before that, they were taught to protect the IMAGE of the church at all costs. I suggest that my grandparents were also of that indoctrination. "Keep your mouth shut and let "god" take care of whatever occurs."
That's fine, June. Personally, I don't believe your father was molested by a Catholic Priest. I'm entitled to my opinion.
I think people like you wouldn't hesitate to use this subject to win an argument or smear the Catholic Church. I hope I'm wrong.

Prince George, Canada

#462055 Jul 14, 2013
It seems that the male god always did favor men over women. He must be homosexual.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Hutterite colonies are male-managed with women participating in traditional roles such as cooking, medical decisions, and selection and purchase of fabric for clothing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutterite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 2 hr Le Duped 2
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 3 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 3 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 14 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 18 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web