Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596374 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#462012 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do believe that Catholicism is 100% truth.
Thanks for your honesty.

Prince George, Canada

#462013 Jul 14, 2013
If I was forced at the hands of a Muslim to proclaim Islam as the only truth or die ... I would swear with my hand on a Qur'an that I had converted to Islam.

But in my mind I would know different.

Forced conversion is no conversion at all!
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#462014 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He was raised as a dyed in the wool Catholic. But when a priest told him that those who were not Catholic would burn in hell, that was the final straw that resulted in my father leaving the religion. Later he became a member of the Rosicrucian Order and there he was taught by other "theologians" the belief of reincarnation.
Who the heck would leave a religion because of something a Priest said??
Sounds like your Dad may have wanted to leave anyway. I could see how someone could be attracted to the possibility of reincarnation. There is a whole buffet of religions to choose from if somebody really wants out of the Catholic faith. A person can literally design all phases of their theology today.
In Christendom, people just need a few hrs with a Bible, and they can download whatever Christianity they desire.

Prince George, Canada

#462015 Jul 14, 2013
Many Jews were forced to convert to Catholicism ... yet they practiced Judaism behind closed doors.

Make NO mistake about THAT issue.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still

Dale Carnegie

Prince George, Canada

#462016 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your Dad may have wanted to leave anyway.
Yes ... he wanted to leave. He was also as a child molested in the Catholic church, and when he went to his heavily indoctrinated Catholic parents for help, they told him to "Never say such a thing about a man of God again!!!"

I was not going to mention that to you ... but you kept wanting to know more. Now you KNOW!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#462017 Jul 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Six days a week and twice on Sundays and you still are able to be mean and prideful? maybe you should scale back to just on Sundays like the Orthodox do....lol
No!! Just conveying and repeating ONLY THE PROVEN Historical and Biblical (from over 2000 years) ofthe TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church over and over again to those Protestants, Orthodox, Agnostics and Atheists who have chosen to willfully, defiantly and rebelliously "reject it"!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#462018 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I am a product of my religious parents.
Had my mother and father both been Christian, I would probably have followed in their footsteps.
But my father's belief in reincarnation resulted in me asking questions concerning why my parents had different ways of believing.
As a Lutheran, my mother would take me to church, where I would hear all about salvation through belief in Jesus and hell from lack of belief in Jesus. But my father didn't believe that Jesus was his savior, so I refused to believe that my kind and considerate father would burn in hell.
Although my parents (to my awareness) never fought over their religious beliefs ... that was the start of me asking questions of the teachings of all theologians.
June at this time of your life the respective beliefs of your parents

Have nothing to do with you having a relationship with God.

If you open your heart..be humble..not use preconceived or read about
Notion...you may be surprised.

The still small voice may be calling unless you have so thoroughly
Hardened your heart ..That He is no longer speaking

It is totally to you.

You have read much...And heard from many believers.

You are not like a native in a wilderness who knows nothing.

Please open your spirit to listen. YOU are on thus forum for a reason..

PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU

Prince George, Canada

#462019 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way ... the priest told my dad the truth about what your religion taught. Those who are not Catholic WILL go to hell.

At that time priests taught that people of no Catholic faith would BURN in hell for eternity.

And then some of the popes tried to play the nice game, teaching that hell is to simply be away from God ... while others still taught, as did Benedict that hell is all about real fire and burning.

Religion is theological BUNK!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#462020 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ... he wanted to leave. He was also as a child molested in the Catholic church, and when he went to his heavily indoctrinated Catholic parents for help, they told him to "Never say such a thing about a man of God again!!!"
I was not going to mention that to you ... but you kept wanting to know more. Now you KNOW!
I don't believe you. But if it were true, your grandparents should have been arrested and thrown in jail for concealing a crime.

Prince George, Canada

#462021 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! Just conveying and repeating ONLY THE PROVEN Historical and Biblical (from over 2000 years) ofthe TRUTH of Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church over and over again to those Protestants, Orthodox, Agnostics and Atheists who have chosen to willfully, defiantly and rebelliously "reject it"!!
It's quite humorous how you place high value on the words of your favorite theologians ... yet you would freak out if I started preaching supposed truth at you from the words of an Islamic theologian.

Favoritism is the name of the religious game.

Prince George, Canada

#462022 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is totally to you.
PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU
You didn't pay heed to my words.

NO words from theologians are allowed to govern over my thoughts any more ... and that INCLUDES words from your favorite theologians.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#462023 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many Jews were forced to convert to Catholicism ... yet they practiced Judaism behind closed doors.
Make NO mistake about THAT issue.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still
Dale Carnegie
Of course ..No one can force belief .

No one can be tortured into true belief either .

.Free will is individual between each person and God

Prince George, Canada

#462024 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is totally to you.
PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU
Do you believe that a god withheld truth from those in all other religions of the world and favored only you and those who believe as you believe?

Are you THAT VAIN?
Human Being

Iowa, LA

#462025 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why on earth then did He cry out. Feeling FORSAKEN.
His,sacrifice REGINA..was much greater than His torture and death..only physical..
We deserve more than physical pain for our many sins..But JESUS TOOK THAT PUNISHMENT for Us.
RoSesz:

Even though Jesus died on the Cross, it was his willing to do the Will of the Father, and he laid down his own life, it was not taken from him....

Part of the paradox of the Cross are the words Jesus declared while on the Cross, and give us a glimpse into his absolute control of the situation.

His declaration of being forsaken, is from Psalm 22. It was a short way of saying this whole Psalm....And the whole Psalm is at first a lament, and second half praise....

Please read it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#462026 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't pay heed to my words.
NO words from theologians are allowed to govern over my thoughts any more ... and that INCLUDES words from your favorite theologians.
June

I was,speaking from my own experience. And my heart .
Please take it from someone who did not live with any
True belief for years..decades.

He called to me..thank God. In many small ways,..He had probably called before but I was not listening..

Thankfully at that point in my life I did.

Maybe your presence here is a,part if His,calling to you.

You can seek Him or deny Him

It's up to you.

But you will be meeting Him one way or another

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#462027 Jul 14, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
Even though Jesus died on the Cross, it was his willing to do the Will of the Father, and he laid down his own life, it was not taken from him....
Part of the paradox of the Cross are the words Jesus declared while on the Cross, and give us a glimpse into his absolute control of the situation.
His declaration of being forsaken, is from Psalm 22. It was a short way of saying this whole Psalm....And the whole Psalm is at first a lament, and second half praise....
Please read it.
He took all of our horrid sins on Himself ..literally became Sin so sin was crucified..though He was,sinless himself.

He was not reciting a,Psalm ..He was crying out in against from the Sin
That was so foreign to His perfect being .

Don't you see..this made His sacrifice SO MUCH GREATER THAN PHYSICAL.

HE lived us,THAT MUCH
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#462028 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you. But if it were true, your grandparents should have been arrested and thrown in jail for concealing a crime.
I do not see why June would lie about that Clay. The bible is full of terrible things people did and the consequences of them. Kind David had a man murdered because he wanted to covet his wife. He did it in Secret. The Prophet then comes and gives an analogy and right away Kind David Speaks out righteous anger. Then he tells David the Man is him! That is but one example.

The destruction was done. People have doubts. When Joseph was thought dead sold by his brothers do you think his Father had doubt, pain, anger? Some will curse God or say how can a God let this happen. Does God answer prayers? If you choose in his own time and sometimes the answer will be no. Some Protestants will say that you do not believe because if you did you would be healed to sick people. I dont think thats right at all.

As far as abuse from what I have seen June has been fair on that stating that abuse is found everywhere and not Targeting the Catholic Church only. For that I give more credit than the majority of people on this thread. I defend against accusations abuse is a Catholic thing or far worse than anywhere else. I also contend with those who would say the church did nothing, or it doesnt happen in our church. I contend with the fact that you cannot view things how we do today given the lack of knowledge and policy on how to deal with these people anywhere. Various cultures globally also see things differently. However I do despise those who make it sound as if its a teaching, or a norm and self righteously deny it in their own ranks. Those people are hypocrites and dont really care about the bigger problem at large.

It was very hard for many americans to believe a president would commit crimes. Abusers are often respected people who are sociable and are in positions of trust and authority with youth. People rarely can believe they would do such things. Who would believe a Father would molest his own daughter or son? We want to believe the good. It is unfortunate that good people who have done no wrong or also maligned by false accusers making it difficult. Rape cases were rarely effective for women and still today rape is difficult to prove as people would say or the case presented she asked for it. Understanding the consequences. Men are raped too, by other men and even women. Some will argue a man cannot be raped by a woman. Well tell that to a woman who uses date rape drugs and has sex with him and then demands child support.

The bottom line Clay is I dont judge any particular faith on the sins and damage caused by the sin of some. Be happy that knowledge is being shared, that proactive steps are being taken and that not only the laity, but the church itself has a greater awareness of the scope of things and is working to prevent as much as possible and as Pope Benedict said this evil must be purged from our midst. Sadly alot needs to be done in many organizations. And if you argue that Junes Grandparents should be put in jail then alot of principals, teachers, your organizers Bishops, Rabbis who sent people to treatment or quietly dismissed them which is still prevalent or didnt believe they would do it again should have gone to jail even though they may have believed what they were doing was right. Many Protestant churches and other religions argue it is an internal matter and that is how it was dealt with. Many Predator laws are relatively new.

Human Being

Iowa, LA

#462029 Jul 14, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were still a Protestant, do you believe that Jesus would save you and take you off to Christian heaven Robert ... or are you now more certain that as a Catholic you have the REAL truth on which to rely?
I'll be waiting for your philosophical mumbo jumbo of a response.
June:

Wait no more.(smiles)

As I have said before, your definition, and world-view, is not the same and mine concerning being a Christian. And because I don't fit into your definition, does not make me not exist.

Certainty requires a certain amount of trust and confidence.(Although we are generally certain that the laws of physics always apply, one cannot be absolutely certain.)

Certainty is more a process of ascertaining and asserting a thing. So it tends to be an expression of justification.

Faith and hope end when those who have it encounter the object of their faith and hope.

Prince George, Canada

#462030 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course ..No one can force belief .
So, when you KNOW that I am Atheist, why do you keep insisting that your Christian religious belief is based on the only truth in the universe?

Prince George, Canada

#462031 Jul 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June
I was,speaking from my own experience. And my heart .
Please take it from someone who did not live with any
True belief for years..decades.
He called to me..thank God. In many small ways,..He had probably called before but I was not listening..
Thankfully at that point in my life I did.
Maybe your presence here is a,part if His,calling to you.
You can seek Him or deny Him
It's up to you.
But you will be meeting Him one way or another
Your religion taught you to be VAIN.

You are certain that without your belief I am doomed!

How obnoxious!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... 5 hr Mark 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 9,533
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
More from around the web