Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595764 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461952 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with you guys and 'sharing your testimony'? I hear that quite a bit. Did you only experience the outpouring of the Holy Spirit once or something?
That's a shame. I remember quite a few encounters with the Holy Spirit. A few of those encounters I couldn't tell if I was standing or floating. My confirmation was an enormous moment. I knew for sure there was a God then.
I had another awesome experience not to long ago while going thru a difficult time.
But to be honest, every time I receive Christ thru the Holy Eucharist is a profound unexplainable moment.
I don't know what you want me to say. I've never waved my arms around and went up to a minister with a microphone. I'm sure some of you received the gift of the Holy Spirit when you did it. I would expect nothing less from God. Anyone who makes a move like that towards Christ will be rewarded.
Especially if you're kicking drugs or alcohol.
(I'm just not sure what would possess you to think you can interpret the Bible after your alter call)
I think some of you would do cart wheels if you ever partook in the Eucharist.
I can't believe you go out of your ways to trash this mysterious gift from Christ. You opt instead to relive and reflect on your born again alter call experience, over and over, when the Eucharist is the New Testament that you should be consuming. Its the Bible coming to life, and all you wanna do is make fun of it?

Hows this for jumping up and waving hands in the catholic church..lol..Do not throw stones at glass houses!! Oh by the way, my favorite is when the priest dresses up as Barney BEFORE THE END OF mass..LOL

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#461953 Jul 14, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Regina,you are going too far with this.It is generally believed that the Father basically had to abandon His Son for a time,(crucifixion)in order that Jesus would indeed fulfill the Scriptures becoming the Lamb slain for the sin of many.
As the Lamb at Passover was sacrificed for the whole Nation of Israel,we see our Lord as the Lamb of God who takes upon His Person the sins of all humanity,not just those of Israel.Jesus is also called the High Priest because He alone enters the Holy of Holies before His Father,as the only acceptable sacrifice for sin.
Jesus is not literally anything but the Son of God,but as the Lamb became the only final sacrifice for the sins of Israel YET innocent,Jesus was sacrificed for all humanity once and for all on that cruel cross,the altar of which the innocent Lamb also was slain for the sins of Israel.
God had to abandon His Son,that is why we see Jesus quoting from the Psalms,"My God,my God,why has thou forsaken Me?" It is as though He became literally sin for us,as being abandoned by His Father in those horrible moments of torture on that Cross.It is obvious that Jesus is not yelling from the Cross I am a sinner,forgive me Father,but He is pleading with the Father as He knows the abandonment linking Him to the garden of Gethsemane as it were,when in fact He knew He would suffer for the whole of humanity taking on every infraction in His mortal body.The sweating of the drops of Blood signified the extreme measure He would have to face on the Cross.
There is no mindset even in our Lord that He sinned while on that Cross,as He also says"Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing."He is close to the most pivotal time on the cross,YET,He basically forgives the thief who pleads with Him to enter His Kingdom,not the response of One who has sinned"today you shall be with Me in paradise." But what happened to our Lord is that He suffered for all iniquity,bearing all this in His mortality,and DEATH would have to overwhelm Him.
The Father had to abandon Jesus the Incarnate to D I E,which is a final end to all living,it comes with a curse,a "sting".
Jesus knew of course that His Father would raise Him up,BUT, we see His approaching moment to D E A T H as wrenching.The Sins of all humanity placed heavily on His mortal being,and the victory as it were of the grave humbled Him even more,forcing Jesus to face that which He also had to conquer.We cannot fathom it,so it is true in fact that Jesus had to succumb to the PAIN of the result of Sin,DEATH itself,"THE soul that sins shall surely die."
His soul and body faced the penalty of sin,Death.Praise God the Father raised Him from the dead,He did not raise Himself,because He had to Die in all its finality of that which is a result of sin,the grave,D E A T H! The FATHER had to raise Him up,Praise His Holy Name!
A great. Explanation

The book I mentioned
AND THEN HE FSLLED MY NAME by EXLEY

it uses scripture ...to portray how Jesus suffered a spiritual separation ..the cup was toxic. Every sin and abuse and perversion of mankind. He took onto himself ..though HE HIMSELF was WITHOUT sin .

It also portrays. Hoe the Father must have suffered at this..even though it was HIS JUSTICE being fulfilled.

The sacrifice when I looked at it this way was so much greater.
And Gethsrmane made more sense yo me.

But even after h
HE cried out feeling forsaken..

IT was finished.

He commended His Spirit to His FATHER...who He knew was always pure love.

Thanks Pad

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461954 Jul 14, 2013
AND THEN HE CALLED MY NAME

RICHARD EXLEY

Sorry for the typo
Clay

United States

#461955 Jul 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=wedpLBTKd84XX
Hows this for jumping up and waving hands in the catholic church..lol..Do not throw stones at glass houses!! Oh by the way, my favorite is when the priest dresses up as Barney BEFORE THE END OF mass..LOL
As usual, your links didn't work. You might be confusing a 'special youth Mass' with a regular Mass.

Youth groups do a Mass on occasion where there is rock band type music and the kids dance around. The liturgy of the Eucharist is more focused however.

Also, a Priest may have done a Mass for terminal kids at a hospital, and dressed up like Barney at the end. I certainly don't have a problem with that, do you?
headlines

AOL

#461956 Jul 14, 2013

VATICAN ID'd by U.N. re: Priests SELLING BABIES

http://youtu.be/KRVCkXBRTQo

Location hidden

#461957 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with you guys and 'sharing your testimony'? I hear that quite a bit. Did you only experience the outpouring of the Holy Spirit once or something?
That's a shame. I remember quite a few encounters with the Holy Spirit. A few of those encounters I couldn't tell if I was standing or floating. My confirmation was an enormous moment. I knew for sure there was a God then.
I had another awesome experience not to long ago while going thru a difficult time.
But to be honest, every time I receive Christ thru the Holy Eucharist is a profound unexplainable moment.
I don't know what you want me to say. I've never waved my arms around and went up to a minister with a microphone. I'm sure some of you received the gift of the Holy Spirit when you did it. I would expect nothing less from God. Anyone who makes a move like that towards Christ will be rewarded.
Especially if you're kicking drugs or alcohol.
(I'm just not sure what would possess you to think you can interpret the Bible after your alter call)
I think some of you would do cart wheels if you ever partook in the Eucharist.
I can't believe you go out of your ways to trash this mysterious gift from Christ. You opt instead to relive and reflect on your born again alter call experience, over and over, when the Eucharist is the New Testament that you should be consuming. Its the Bible coming to life, and all you wanna do is make fun of it?
http://caelumetterra.wordpress .com/2012/10/11/the-procession al-from-the-mother-of-all-bad- liturgies/
Another beauty for you clay...
Clay

United States

#461958 Jul 14, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlikely; Jesus is not in the Roman Church at all. Were he, he would not have explained numerous times those who would come preaching "another jesus", the harlot, ect ect..
Saying you profess Jesus is very typical. It is like a Freemason who professes Jesus. They are not Christian.
Luke 6:46 And why call all of you me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
There is more...
The mark of the beast. We are told about this 'mark of the beast' that it is in the hand or forehead. This is symbolic language as one professes god but then does not do the things written. God's people will follow him 100%, and only him. Asking a priest to forgive sin or praying to the 'virgin mary' is not of God who tells us to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus.
...and you're too blind to notice its YOU guys Christ was referring to when He warned of people that would preach another Jesus.

I understand that you get an adrenaline rush while flirting with apocalyptic end of the world crap. I used to too. But that's not what Christianity is supposed to be focused on.

For us, the end of this world is when we die. God already knows when your last breath will be, Soc.
You should try and focus on your 'final battle' instead of the mark of the beast and anti Christ; or floods, famine and war.
Clay

United States

#461959 Jul 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Six days a week and twice on Sundays and you still are able to be mean and prideful? maybe you should scale back to just on Sundays like the Orthodox do....lol
The daily Mass is very profound. Its quite and intimate. Sometimes its held in the lower chapel with the Priest, a server, and a dozen laity.
I once went to Church every single day for two weeks when I was out of work. Its indescribable how close we can get to God through the Mass and Eucharist.
Now I usually take in an evening weekday Mass once or twice a week as well as the Sunday Mass.

Its getting more and more full at those daily Masses too. Even the Priest has acknowledged this. Usually in summers, people don't want to sit in the heat and go to Church on a Tue night. But this summer I notice allot more than usual.

Location hidden

#461960 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, your links didn't work. You might be confusing a 'special youth Mass' with a regular Mass.
Youth groups do a Mass on occasion where there is rock band type music and the kids dance around. The liturgy of the Eucharist is more focused however.
Also, a Priest may have done a Mass for terminal kids at a hospital, and dressed up like Barney at the end. I certainly don't have a problem with that, do you?
well copy and paste the link clay...nope, please don't make excuses ... watch the link its very imformative!...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461961 Jul 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is a difference between a Man of God being called to Minister and this catholic priest that you are referring to.
being Called by God to Preach is the highest employment in the World,
The priest was just making a point to the young lad when he made that analogy that maybe it was only the rector's breathing.

Many people with active imaginations believed that a god was calling them to preach "his" truth.

That arrogant thought-process was at work in Pat Robertson's brain just lately when he admitted after the flub that he got his message all wrong.

Location hidden

#461962 Jul 14, 2013

Location hidden

#461963 Jul 14, 2013

Location hidden

#461964 Jul 14, 2013
Is that better!

Prince George, Canada

#461965 Jul 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
The Bible says that the church will overcome in the war against the dragon (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb, AND THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY.
When you see evil in others and not in your self, it's time to choose other scriptures on which to focus so that you can do some work at home rather than trying to improve the behavior of your neighbors.

Prince George, Canada

#461966 Jul 14, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your father satan has you working over time June.
Your getting nastier and nastier.
Devout believers that perceive they see evil ONLY in others and holiness in their selves ... ARE born-again and again and again idiots.

They keep feeding the wolf inside their selves that craves to believe the self is aligned to the "perfection" of a god ... of all the stupid things on which to focus.

You are simply mortal humans with self-centered human behavior ... and nothing makes that more clear than how you USE your religions.

"I am HOLY and you are EVIL" is a ridiculous self-ingratiating attitude.

When you behave as idiots, you ARE idiots!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461967 Jul 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=wedpLBTKd84XX
Hi Sera

Here I'd a great blog for every one about loving one another

A good Sunday message
http://thoenebooks.com/blog.asp...

Prince George, Canada

#461968 Jul 14, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "tough love"--- June!!
So you call your Catholic favoritism "tough love???"

My guess is, those who were tortured and burned at the stake didn't call it tough LOVE. They probably just called it TOUGH ... as in the same type of treatment committed by "Bubba from the mafia!"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461969 Jul 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You may like this

http://thoenebooks.com/blog.asp...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461970 Jul 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
http://caelumetterra.wordpress .com/2012/10/11/the-procession al-from-the-mother-of-all-bad- liturgies/
Colorful ..
Thing is what is in the heart .
And if they are in adoration..terrific.
We have a wonderful Pageant that brings so many to belief here in Fl and on tv
The first part is Christmas Songs ..And the kids sing Happy Birthday Jesus..
The second part is the life of Jesus TH r ouch the Resurrection.
Great music..angels flying ..And a few animals .
http://www.fbcnet.com/templates/System/detail...
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
It's usually on the Christian channels at Christmas.
It is truly amazing
newsphotos

AOL

#461971 Jul 14, 2013

Revelation's FALSE PROPHET ..In Plain View

&fe ature=youtu.be

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 13 min 2all 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 54 min Mr Sir 9,524
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Mon The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web