Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703545 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461888 Jul 13, 2013
So I suggest that if the supposed creator was of no specific religion ... it was Atheist.

So why are you people trying to hog the limelight by claiming the creator chose YOURS as the favorite religion???

It's not nice to hang a title on a creator in vain by claiming to own all of the creator's personal emotions ... especially when the creator is not even religious.

Religion is silly.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461889 Jul 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys ruin Christianity and make the rest of us out to be morons. People do not make a distinction (unfortunately) between the SDA or Evangelical fanatics from the rest of us.
A guy I know teased me one day, because the rapture didn't happen on May 21st, 2012 like that nut job self proclaimed pastor, Harold Camping, said it would.
Teased me?? I told him its a shame these fundie Bible worshipers got Christianity so twisted - and are so vocal in their blind ignorance - that the rest of us have to be grouped in with them.
Education will ruin your man made religion. It doesn't take very long to convert normal people to the Catholic faith, provided they are serious about their faith. The rest of you are completely consumed with eye popping ignorance. You're a lost cause..
~~~

you wrote

You guys ruin Christianity and make the rest of us out to be morons.

True Christianity cannot be ruined..

True Christians are those that have followed Jesus Christ in obedience to HIS word...

Roman Catholicism does not follow Jesus Christ in obedience to HIS word..

Therefore to say it is Christian is a misnomer...

When ask for a scripture to validate their teachings....they cite their

history...which means absolutely nothing...they attempt to prove their authenticity by their own history...

the Bible proves them wrong from their inception...

They have to put a spin upon Matthew 16:16-19.... Which makes no reference to a Pope nor does it name a Roman Catholic Church.

Read it here for yourself..

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

They cannot show any references from the word of God that gives them any credibility...

the Prophet Amos wrote

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

The Prophets In the Bible...OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT are silent about a Pope

or a Universal Church in Rome.

They have assumed themselves into the position they hold and say

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

THEY SAY.... BUT THAT IS ALL THEY CAN DO ...IS SAY...THEY HAVE NO PROOF

IN WHAT THEY SAY,

OR THAT THEY HAVE ANY AUTHORITY ....TO SAY

WHAT THEY HAVE SAID.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461890 Jul 13, 2013
Imagine ... fighting over such a silly issue!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following

One last dogmatic clash destroyed all semblance of Christian Catholicism. Rome had introduced the filioque clause into the creed (the Holy Spirit proceeded from the Father and the Son). The Byzantine church, for reasons originating with the Eastern subordination of the Son to the Father, rejected the notion that the Spirit could proceed from them both. Finally, two uncompromising personalities, the Orthodox Patriarch Michael Cerularius (1043—58) and Pope Leo 1X (1049—54) excommunicated each other, adding anathemas for good measure. After July 1054, there were no more illusions about the unity of Christendom. Symbolically, the empire was broken over a conjunction.

#461891 Jul 13, 2013
who="Clay "
You guys ruin Christianity and make the rest of us out to be morons. People do not make a distinction (unfortunately) between the SDA or Evangelical fanatics from the rest of us.
A guy I know teased me one day, because the rapture didn't happen on May 21st, 2012 like that nut job self proclaimed pastor, Harold Camping, said it would.
Teased me?? I told him its a shame these fundie Bible worshipers got Christianity so twisted - and are so vocal in their blind ignorance - that the rest of us have to be grouped in with them.
Education will ruin your man made religion. It doesn't take very long to convert normal people to the Catholic faith, provided they are serious about their faith. The rest of you are completely consumed with eye popping ignorance. You're a lost cause..

Is this an example of the 'love your neighbor' stuff the CC teaches? Harold Camping is not 'one of us', and it isn't smart to "group the rest of us in with him".

It is as if I said that you are one of those child molesters, just because you are Catholic.

"The rest of you are completely consumed with eye popping ignorance. You're a lost cause." (Your statement.) I debate some things that the CC teaches, but I don't call YOU ignorant because you accept them.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461892 Jul 13, 2013
So you see ... Luther was not the first one to split the Catholic church.

It split itself many times over, as at one time there were three popes trying in vain to excommunicate each other.

That was NOT a squabble over who knew truth. It was a squabble over who would rule the Catholic empire, and live lives of gluttony.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461893 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Do you believe that a fair deity would choose your Protestant religion as the only truth on planet earth???

You are a born again and again and again ... idiot!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461894 Jul 13, 2013
The Lutherans were some of the first to come to America ... and they were in mortal danger from each other! They hated each other with boiling passions.

Religion is BUNK!
Human Being

Elton, LA

#461895 Jul 13, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. THAT COMES FROM KNOWING NOTHING ABOUT SALVATION.
as any Christian could tell you, if you ever asked. It doesn't take God day, months or years to Save a person. try reading the Bible and find that out. the first Gentile, Cornelius is proof positive.
when a person calls upon the Lord, and the Lord Answers, then Salvation and "conversion" happens instantaneous.
that is what Christians call being Born Again. In accordance with the Words of Jesus.
and so again, your words are not Biblical.
Preston:

Seriously, I can agree with you to a certain degree.
Jokingly, remember Matt 7:21...

There seems to me, that one needs a certain pre-requisite(if I can use that word) before one is Born Again. One must repent, and be willing to do the Will of God.

Now each of us believes they have repented, and willing to do the Will of God, and call oneself Born-Again, or Saved, and this MAY be, but NOT NECESSSARILY true. There are some who are just caught up in an emotional moment and not truly be saved....So God in His Providence allows events to happen which may take awhile, before one is truly Born-Again....

This is what I meant by a conversion process....

Consider Saul/Paul. He obviously heard, and new about Christ, but it took awhile before he was ready to repent, and the Lord came to Him in a very direct manner, and His Conversion in a sense came. I think, we often view Saul/Paul as having some kind of super-grace, in an instant conversion. But in reality, it did take time....thus it was a process....God did not over-ride Saul/Paul's will. But it again, it took time for him to reach decision, so being Born-Again, requires a sort of "gestational" process to occur....

Of course this could open for us to discourse on sanctifying grace...?

#461896 Jul 13, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
Do you believe that a fair deity would choose your Protestant religion as the only truth on planet earth???
You are a born again and again and again ... idiot!

Being 'fair', and being 'true' are not the same thing.

Wouldn't you like for all the mass murderers to have the same freedom that the rest of us have?(Fair...but only to the murderer. He was not 'fair'...OR true to his victims.)

Your 'everyone but me is an idiot' shows some dangerous signs.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#461897 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus redeemed the human race. The whole human race is not "SAVED".
Redemption:
"The restoration of man from the bondage of sin to the liberty of the children of God through the satisfactions and merits of Christ."
Must be something you picked up in Hollywood 101 "The Ten Commandments"..

redemption:(the act) ransom in full, i.e.(figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption.

Note: "ransom in full"....catlicks they be say dat be wrong!!!! Otherwise they could not make money selling indulgences, selling masses and candles for the dead to get out of purgatory!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#461898 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't if you think redemption is the same as salvation.
Yes, I receive the body and blood of Christ twice a week. Some Churches limit the chalice to just certain masses, but every Catholic has at one time or another received the chalice.
You are and there is no cure for it..

redemption:(the act) ransom in full, i.e.(figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption.

Note: specially) Christian salvation
Human Being

Elton, LA

#461899 Jul 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and.....
*sticks out his tongue at you*
You can tell me what to dooooo!! Na-na-boo-boo!!
:o)
This is why Self is so important, and such a catalyst to the future - the fall of religions. People are realizing that no religion is required to achieve any salvation, except for the division, hatred, and separation of humanity's global awareness of reality.
Hojo likes to speak of 40K+10 denominations, all the while, the CC is also a denomination - of Christianity. Hate is all that he/she seems to have for other people - denomination set aside.
So yes - decisions are made by each of us.
Hopefully, more people will begin to make the right choices.
Are you?
Cheers!
New Age Spiritual Leader:

But here is the problem, you are trying to say you are anti-denominational, because you are anti-religion....Thus you proclaim and establish a New Age Religion.

So you are a practicing a religion,(gnostic religion) though you deny it....

Aren't you? Be honest.(smiles)

#461900 Jul 13, 2013
who="Human Being"
Preston:
There seems to me, that one needs a certain pre-requisite(if I can use that word) before one is Born Again. One must repent, and be willing to do the Will of God.
Now each of us believes they have repented, and willing to do the Will of God, and call oneself Born-Again, or Saved, and this MAY be, but NOT NECESSSARILY true. There are some who are just caught up in an emotional moment and not truly be saved....So God in His Providence allows events to happen which may take awhile, before one is truly Born-Again....
Consider Saul/Paul. He obviously heard, and new about Christ, but it took awhile before he was ready to repent, and the Lord came to Him in a very direct manner, and His Conversion in a sense came. I think, we often view Saul/Paul as having some kind of super-grace, in an instant conversion. But in reality, it did take time....thus it was a process....God did not over-ride Saul/Paul's will. But it again, it took time for him to reach decision, so being Born-Again, requires a sort of "gestational" process to occur....

"Born again" is not just a 'teaching', nor is it just a 'say so' belief.

I literally 'heard' an invitation from heaven in my spirit, and when I submitted to it, I was instantly 'converted'. I was filled with such joy. I 'understood' the gospel. The Commandments were clear to me...and I desired them.

Shaking the preacher's hand is not the answer...he has no power to accomplish that in our lives...though, if he preaches the GOSPEL with power, he can bring men to repentance, and hearts will be moved to be changed by Him.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#461901 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies from confrinting.
From the Catechism:
517 Christ's whole life is a mystery of redemption. Redemption comes to us above all through the blood of his cross, but this mystery is at work throughout Christ's entire life:
- already in his Incarnation through which by becoming poor he enriches us with his poverty;
- in his hidden life which by his submission atones for our disobedience;
- in his word which purifies its hearers;
- in his healings and exorcisms by which "he took our infirmities and bore our diseases";
- and in his Resurrection by which he justifies us.
613 Christ's death is both the Paschal sacrifice that accomplishes the definitive redemption of men, through "the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world", and the sacrifice of the New Covenant, which restores man to communion with God by reconciling him to God through the "blood of the covenant, which was poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins".
616 It is love "to the end" that confers on Christ's sacrifice its value as redemption and reparation, as atonement and satisfaction. He knew and loved us all when he offered his life. Now "the love of Christ controls us, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died." No man, not even the holiest, was ever able to take on himself the sins of all men and offer himself as a sacrifice for all. The existence in Christ of the divine person of the Son, who at once surpasses and embraces all human persons, and constitutes himself as the Head of all mankind, makes possible his redemptive sacrifice for all.
622 The redemption won by Christ consists in this, that he came "to give his life as a ransom for many" (Mt 20:28), that is, he "loved his own to the end" (Jn 13:1), so that they might be "ransomed from the futile ways inherited from their fathers" (1 Pt 1:18).
"already in his Incarnation through which by becoming poor he enriches us with his poverty;"

How wealthy was He, in our current dollar value????

My bank account was never affected favorably by this event. How do I get in on this bonanza???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461902 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, I wish you would stop telling people what Catholics were and were not taught. You don't have a clue. It is necessary for one to have a desire to learn and to pay attention when they are being taught. Don't forget, I also went to Catholic school pre-Vatican II. Everything you say they didn't teach....guess what?...they taught it. You must have been out sick those days.
You just went on and on that what I said about Jesus felling separation from the Father because He took on our Sins was WRONG.

So I said I did not miss anything because YOU SAID you were not taught that
And I don't remember being taught that..

So we are in agreement supposedly

So now you are saying you were ..just to disagree with me

Please,make up your mind.

I know what I learned and when. And I will state it when and where I choose.

ITS A FORUM
Human Being

Elton, LA

#461903 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Robert, I don't understand how all those people are around and present at the time one prays to God. When I pray it's just me and Him.
Hi marge

God's blessings on you....

I suppose its not a matter of understanding, but one of faith.

I am sure you consider yourself of the One Body, the Bride of Christ. Well, it just may be for you here and now, that you don't know what the left hand and right hand are doing.

And that's okay....Believe me, I don't know everything the saints in heaven are doing at this moment. But we know that we will be with them soon. And we will all be praising God in eternity....

I think our command to fellowship, and worship God together during our time while here on earth is merely a precursor to the way it is in heaven already....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461904 Jul 13, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
He recited Psalm 22 which is a Psalm Jews recited when despair, trouble, sickness, pain, death and dark times read the whole psalm.
"I am poured out like water,"
"They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment."
Understand that the Lord Jesus truly had to suffer everything, humbling himself to the level of the lowest of all creatures, He who was the Lord, Son of God, true God of true God, submissive to the infamous death by the Cross (“whosoever is crucified is cursed by God”, reads the Torah), and so that the Psalm 22 of the Sacred Scriptures may be fulfilled:
“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; in you our ancestors put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. To you they cried out and were saved; in you they trusted and were not put to shame. But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads.'He trusts in the LORD,”' they say,'let the LORD rescue him.'"
The Lord also said:“I thirst!” for Psalm 22 reads:
“My mouth is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.”
Also, after His death, when the soldier pierced His side with a spear, blood and water came out:
“I am poured out like water… My heart has turned to wax; it has melted within me”.
But after all this suffering, right before death, the Lord Jesus cried:“It is finished!”
For the Psalm 22 recited:
“All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him, for dominion belongs to the Lord, and he rules over the nations. All who go down to the dust will kneel before him— those who cannot keep themselves alive. Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim his righteousness, declaring to a people yet unborn: He has done it!”
“And Jesus gave a loud cry and said,‘Father, into your hands I give my spirit!’ and when he had said this, he gave up his spirit.”
For the Holy Scriptures read in Psalm 31:
"Into your hand I commit my spirit: you have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth! Let me not be put to shame, O Lord, for I have called upon thee. Let the wicked be ashamed, and be brought down to hell. Let the lying lips be put to silence. And as for me, I said in my fear, "I am cut off from your sight!" but you gave ear to the voice of my prayer, when my cry went up to you."
And the Scriptures continue being fulfilled through Psalm 16:
"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have secured my inheritance. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance! I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. My body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay."
He is dying on the Cross in terrible pain..drank the Sin cup..
And you are saying He Was Not crying out to HIS FATHER...
???

Location hidden

#461905 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus's words in John 6 tell us what me must do to have eternal life. Gif is neglecting Jesus's words in John 6. Don't listen to Gif, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Why are you not answering mah question??? "Do you know where you will live for eternity???"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461906 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, I wish you would stop telling people what Catholics were and were not taught. You don't have a clue. It is necessary for one to have a desire to learn and to pay attention when they are being taught. Don't forget, I also went to Catholic school pre-Vatican II. Everything you say they didn't teach....guess what?...they taught it. You must have been out sick those days.
SO WE WERE TAUGHT that Jesus too in our Sin and suffered Separation from the Father. I must have missed that as,I originally said.

But wait ..then you said that's not true...

SO we were,NOT taught that
Human Being

Elton, LA

#461907 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Human Being"
Preston:
"Born again" is not just a 'teaching', nor is it just a 'say so' belief.
I literally 'heard' an invitation from heaven in my spirit, and when I submitted to it, I was instantly 'converted'. I was filled with such joy. I 'understood' the gospel. The Commandments were clear to me...and I desired them.
Shaking the preacher's hand is not the answer...he has no power to accomplish that in our lives...though, if he preaches the GOSPEL with power, he can bring men to repentance, and hearts will be moved to be changed by Him.
KayMarie
confronting

KayMarie

I am so glad for you.

I don't usually talk/write about my own experiences with God, on this thread. Mainly I don't desire to use it for my own justification, and am reluctant to speak of them, unless God directs me to do so....

But I have literally heard and seen Jesus, and have had many visions....Call me a sort of Jonah(smiles)....Some of us have got to learn the hard way(smiles)....

Got to go now....Ugh, I am falling way behind on the thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1