Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693160 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461785 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He took our Sins to the CROSS
SEE ... I told you that you didn't have any more sins, but you wouldn't hear of it. You tried to pretend you were still a sinner, so that you could feign humility!

In exchange for your faith in that Jew, you have been "perfected."

What a deal!

:)
marge

Leesburg, GA

#461786 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
In Matt. 4:4 Jesus refers to bread for our physical life. In John 6 Jesus tells us that His body and blood need to be consumed for our eternal life. You may read the bible a lot, but you don't understand it.
Peter answers from John 6 'You have the words of eternal life.'

Like Gif said your neglecting the 'word' part.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461787 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC FAITH DOES NOT TEACH REDEMPTION..
IT PRESENTS A DEAD END STREET...IT'S FAITH IS PREDICATED UPON IT'S CATECHISM...WHICH GIVES NO DEFINITE PROMISE OF SALVATION
THE CHRISTAN CHURCH TEACHES
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him,
to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
More lies from confrinting.

From the Catechism:

517 Christ's whole life is a mystery of redemption. Redemption comes to us above all through the blood of his cross, but this mystery is at work throughout Christ's entire life:
- already in his Incarnation through which by becoming poor he enriches us with his poverty;

- in his hidden life which by his submission atones for our disobedience;

- in his word which purifies its hearers;

- in his healings and exorcisms by which "he took our infirmities and bore our diseases";

- and in his Resurrection by which he justifies us.

613 Christ's death is both the Paschal sacrifice that accomplishes the definitive redemption of men, through "the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world", and the sacrifice of the New Covenant, which restores man to communion with God by reconciling him to God through the "blood of the covenant, which was poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins".

616 It is love "to the end" that confers on Christ's sacrifice its value as redemption and reparation, as atonement and satisfaction. He knew and loved us all when he offered his life. Now "the love of Christ controls us, because we are convinced that one has died for all; therefore all have died." No man, not even the holiest, was ever able to take on himself the sins of all men and offer himself as a sacrifice for all. The existence in Christ of the divine person of the Son, who at once surpasses and embraces all human persons, and constitutes himself as the Head of all mankind, makes possible his redemptive sacrifice for all.

622 The redemption won by Christ consists in this, that he came "to give his life as a ransom for many" (Mt 20:28), that is, he "loved his own to the end" (Jn 13:1), so that they might be "ransomed from the futile ways inherited from their fathers" (1 Pt 1:18).
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461788 Jul 13, 2013
WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME..
Any god in his right mind WOULD forsake you!

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461789 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He said all humanity is redeemed by Christ's sacrifice on the cross. He didn't say atheists are saved.
Do you know the meaning of "redeemed" in the context of the Christian faith LTM?
~~~
Are you asking about Christian Faith or Roman Catholic Faith...
There is a vast difference don't you know
Since you have no idea what the Catholic faith is, it means you don't know what the Christian faith is.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461790 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been or will be a catholic...
BY OUR SIN REGINA, YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT JESUS WENT THROUGH!
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You have my sympathy.
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
There was NEVER a time when Christ was separated from the Father.
NEVER.

Btw, you might have the permission of others to speak that way, Marge, but you don't have my permission. Stop it.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461791 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you try addressing what the REAL Jews went through because of Christian lies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461792 Jul 13, 2013
Christians are such absolute phonies.

They whine and cry and ballyhoo about the death of one suppose Jew ... yet not a word do they utter about the torture and death for centuries of REAL Jews that died at the hands of Christians.

NOT ONE WORD!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461793 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter answers from John 6 'You have the words of eternal life.'
Like Gif said your neglecting the 'word' part.
Jesus's words in John 6 tell us what me must do to have eternal life. Gif is neglecting Jesus's words in John 6. Don't listen to Gif, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461794 Jul 13, 2013
"Oh how awful! Our poor, poor savior. He suffered SO much for little old me and my precious Christian BUTT."

Sickening slobbery nonsense!
Chess Jurist

Howard, OH

#461795 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Any demigod, too.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#461796 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He said all humanity is redeemed by Christ's sacrifice on the cross. He didn't say atheists are saved.
Do you know the meaning of "redeemed" in the context of the Christian faith LTM?
~~~
Are you asking about Christian Faith or Roman Catholic Faith...
There is a vast difference don't you know
Lol. I don't know what to make of you guys anymore.

Let me ask you a serious question: do you think there is sin with being ignorant? I think some people are only fooling themselves if they think their hands are washed for playing stupid.
I understand and appreciate your devout love for sacred scripture, Kay. I just don't get how people can be so darn ignorant when it comes to the Bible.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461797 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you god forsakes her she will be happy...

If your god were in his right mind he would have never turned against THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD...

He sure has got you fooled...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#461798 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have my sympathy.
<quoted text>
There was NEVER a time when Christ was separated from the Father.
NEVER.
Btw, you might have the permission of others to speak that way, Marge, but you don't have my permission. Stop it.
If you mean speaking in capital letters, sorry to offend you I will stop it.

Death is separation from God Regina, here is a couple verses;

Hew 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461799 Jul 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think there is sin with being ignorant?
Hahahahahahaha
Clay

Garden City, MI

#461800 Jul 13, 2013
socci wrote:
Pope Francis as a Jesuit is no more Christian than the Gnostics of the Knights Templar were since that is who founded the Jesuits (1540). This is why the Jesuits are the main advocates of the evolution theory, and the father of the 'big bang' which says God did not create thus does not even exist. This is the Jesuit's Counter-Reformation after their holy roman empire failed. They have replaced the 'christian' empire with a secular new world order. The Jesuits were the founders of the Illuminati who created the NWO in 1776 as found on the back of the US dollar. The RC is still there but its HRE is dead and gone. The Jesuits then are head of the NWO through an elaborate chain-of-command down through numerous papal knights.
The pope claiming atheists are saved is just mental manipulation for many Catholics falling away from the faith due to the Jesuits false 'science'.
There's no truth in big bangism, it has been disproven, tho the Jesuits will cling to their paganism and continue as tho nothing happened.
The universe is just as the Bible says about 6kyo. We can count the number of supernova to completely discredit big bang claims of bazzillions of years. Here on earth, the baserocks also do not support big bang planet formation theories.
Soc, how come you have to keep lying? We already properly explained to you last time about Pope Francis' statement. He never claimed atheist are saved.
You're a liar and a cheat. I could never join your religion because you need to use deception in order to exists.

God knows you know Pope Francis didn't say what you teach he said. Everyone at your apocalyptic Bible study Adventist meeting will not get away with spreading that kinda garbage.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461801 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
"Oh how awful! Our poor, poor savior. He suffered SO much for little old me and my precious Christian BUTT."
Sickening slobbery nonsense!
You really shouldn't show such false humility and have such a poor self image and call yourself such names...as Sickening slobbery nonsense...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461802 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Death is separation from God Regina,
God separated the Protestants and Catholics, as they were killing each other off faster than god could save them.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461803 Jul 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I don't know what to make of you guys anymore.
Let me ask you a serious question: do you think there is sin with being ignorant? I think some people are only fooling themselves if they think their hands are washed for playing stupid.
I understand and appreciate your devout love for sacred scripture, Kay. I just don't get how people can be so darn ignorant when it comes to the Bible.
In my opinion anyone who feels they must resort to lying about the faith of Catholic Christians has a serious lack of faith themselves. Gif's faith has been shaken to the core by our patient and constant instruction. The more he realizes it, the more shrill he becomes. I hope he'll have a "come to Jesus" moment soon before it's too late.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#461804 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus's words in John 6 tell us what me must do to have eternal life. Gif is neglecting Jesus's words in John 6. Don't listen to Gif, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Is Paul neglecting Jesus's words in 1 Cor 11? The words in parentheses are Jesus's.

1 Cor 11:23 For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread 24and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said,“This is my body, which is given for you.f Do this to remember me.” 25In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,“This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.” 26For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death until he comes again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 9 Apostolic of another 10,701
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web