Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658355 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461698 Jul 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! I have many Protestant friends in which we all consider each other, brothers and sisters in Christ and can share and respect each others faith (openly and freely) without attacking each other because of our differences in beliefs as Christians.
When pope Francis stated that Atheists are redeemed ... did you take that as truth, or heresy against Jesus?

After all, Christian theology is all about belief in Jesus ... or suffer the consequences of hell.

To play the game both ways ... means that there is either a lie one way or the other, as both proclamations can't be true.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461699 Jul 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen,
Thanks ..glad to correct a statement I did not mean .
I really do believe Christian s are in every Church
No one is higher than another.
Jesus certainly gave That message yo the apostles.
It's,all about Him
Nit our respective places of worship.
This forum or maybe a worship forum could be as full of true hristian s
as a mega Cathedral

The CHURCH is the body of believers.

When the Temple veil was rent in half ..I BELieve it was a HUGELY IMPORTANT message ..That we need NO PERSON..BUILDING ..OR THING between God and Us .

Imo

Prince George, Canada

#461700 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
"I think the reason women enter into the Ministry is because they feel they are moved to do so with no real Scriptural precedent. At least that is what they say and who am i to argue?"
THERE IS NO REASON TO ARGUE...
THE OLD TESTAMENT SAYS...
ABOUT WOMEN PREACHERS..
Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and
-->your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and
-->upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS
Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and
==> your daughters shall prophesy, and
your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act_2:18 And on my servants and
==> on my handmaidens
I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
You are SUCH a master manipulator of words that you are a joke to honesty.

Had you been a Christian preacher in the 19th century that stated women could be preachers, you would have been bonked on the head with stones by fellow preachers.

By Christian preachers of the "true" gospel, women weren't even recognized as being "persons" until 1929.

Prince George, Canada

#461701 Jul 13, 2013
Christians learned the idea that the supposed god was cruel from the teachings of other religious myth-makers, who also learned their myths from other religious myth-makers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book … After Abolition of the Death Penalty by William A. Schabas, comes the following

In positive law, capital punishment can be traced back as early as 1750 B.C., in the les talionas of the code of Hammurabi. 6 The bible set death as the punishment for such crimes as magic, violation of Sabbath, blasphemy, adultery, homosexuality, relations with animals, incest and rape.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461702 Jul 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Arrrrr...Polly want a cracker lol
That's right Seraphima!! The TRUTH needs to be "parroted" over and over again so that "it might--just maybe" -----might possibly,---(sink in) to bible only "fundies", Orthodox Christians (such as you), atheists, and agnostics who have "rejected" TRUE bible interpretation and the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE Church History. There is "nothing" to discuss, nothing to debate, nothing to deliberate over!! It has ALL been substantiated, authenticated and proven time and time again by an overwhelming majority of "highly accredited" Church Historians, Apologistic authors and writers, and 2000 years of the biographical lives of the Saints.
........The FULLNESS of the Faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, has, is and will continue to be in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church, that has existed for over 2000 years!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#461703 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
ANTHONY..CLAY ..HOJO
DAN. REGINA
just in case you read my post as,lighthearted did and NOT AS,A TYPO...since the word frontrunner....makes no sense
I WAS,NOT saying Catholics are second class,Christians ..
I WAS SAYING
SOME CATHOLICS, treat us as Second Class Christians.
I have repeatedly said on Here I BELIEVE TRUE CHRISTIANS,are found In ANY BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH .
We are Christians because if our relationship WITH CHRIST..Nit our CHURCH.
which was the point of the post that had the TYPO IN IT ..
THE WORD FRONTRUNNER obviously made no sense...just somethin g in the mind of my KINDLE device .
Again sorry
The issue is that we Catholics recognize your Christianity, but most of you do not return the recognition. Even going so far as to condemn us to Hell. Many of you falsely accuse us of worshiping Mary and statues etc.
Also, nobody seems to want to know what the Catholic Church really teaches. They would rather keep believing their misconceptions. I suppose its easier to do that than to admit wrong doing?

Although Catholics acknowledge Protestants as Christians, we could never acknowledge Protestantism as legitimate Christian teachings .
It simply teaches things that are opposite of what Christ taught. That is the truth.

You've come close to Christ by reading the Books the Catholic Church put together and called 'The Bible'... But by eliminating the Church upon which the Bible came, you are not receiving the fullness of the faith. You couldn't be, because you're going by the Bible alone. That's not the fullness. and more importantly, to go by your individual interpretations instead of what the Apostles conveyed orally about their written documents, is really moving away from the fullness of Christianity.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461704 Jul 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! I have many Protestant friends in which we all consider each other, brothers and sisters in Christ and can share and respect each others faith (openly and freely) without attacking each other because of our differences in beliefs as Christians. As a former bible only Protestant, I became a Catholic after much prayer,contemplation,research and investigation of TRUE Church History (prior to the Reformation along with many, many more hours, months and years of bible study and being openly led by the Holy Spirit. For me personally, as well as billions and billion of Catholics for over 2000 years---the Catholic Church is the only Church that adheres to the "FULLNESS of the FAITH, and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in its doctrinal teachings ---and that is why I am a Catholic/Christian......... Unfortunately there are individuals who came on this forum (bible only Protestants, atheists and agnostics) "for one purpose and one purpose ONLY) and that is to vindictively,and beligerently, condemn, judge and attack the Catholic Church and the personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ of Catholics (everywhere) and especially those on this forum!! The biggest question for those angry and hatefilled (anti-catholic) "fundies, atheists and agnositcs is, "If you believe so strongly in what you claim to be (for you) the truth, then "go and live it on your own" without attacking and condemning the faith of others Christians. However---as a former Protestant, I/we as Catholics (all know that) that you CAN'T and WON'T do that because the entire basis of your bible only, agnostic or atheistic (anger-hate and hostility) is predicated and directed on attacking and hating 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. What they believe (or don't believe)CANNOT stand on its own WITHOUT those attacks!!!! This has been proven, over and over and over again. Ask, Anthony, Clay, Rdgina, Dan and every other Catholic who comments on this forum. I'm sure they will ALL agree!!!
~~~

You wrote

the Catholic Church is the only Church that adheres to the "FULLNESS of the FAITH, and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in its doctrinal teachings ---and that is why I am a Catholic/Christian....

______

The Catholic Church is the only Church that adheres to the roman catholic faith...

Bur

as for THE Christian faith ...that finds it's foundation in the

scriptures

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC FAITH IS FAILS MISERABLY...

THE CATHOLIC FAITH IS A HYBRID FAITH...

LIKE MISTLETOE...A PARASITE

IT HAS IT'S ROOTS IN THE VINE....

BUT

IT IS NOT THE TRUE VINE ITSELF

IT'S FRUITS ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE TRUE VINE.

2Ti_3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:

from such turn away.

Prince George, Canada

#461705 Jul 13, 2013
New generations of Jews took the old myths and morphed them as they pleased. And that was and IS religion in a nutshell.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Topic: Code of Hammurabi compared to Torah

Aaron Hock wrote:

Dear Rabbi,
What are the similarities and differences between the Code of Hammurabi and Jewish Law expressed in the Torah? Thank you for any help you might offer.

----------

Dear Aaron Hock,

Hashem taught the Torah to Moshe on Mount Sinai; therefore, the Torah can't be compared to any legal code of human origin, even to legal codes which "predate" it as Hammurabi's does.

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/210/Q2/

Prince George, Canada

#461706 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
the Catholic Church is the only Church that adheres to the "FULLNESS of the FAITH, and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in its doctrinal teachings ---and that is why I am a Catholic/Christian....
______
The Catholic Church is the only Church that adheres to the roman catholic faith...
Bur
scriptures
BUT
from such turn away.
Blah, Blah, Blah.

You have a high opinion of your self. That's what you get for believing a god called on YOU to preach.

You fool!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461707 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When pope Francis stated that Atheists are redeemed ... did you take that as truth, or heresy against Jesus?
I don't attempt to "read into", "dissect", or "manipulate" the words of Pope Francis..... I'll leave that to the Protestants, atheists and agnostics, who have become "experts at that"!!

Prince George, Canada

#461708 Jul 13, 2013
I few days back I heard a Catholic suggest that the Catholic religion has a "pedigree."

How funny.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461709 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
______
Bur
scriptures
BUT
from such turn away.
~~~~

The Christian Faith teaches a "know so salvation "

2Ti_1:12 ......... for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

The Catholic faith teaches a bingo chance of salvation...

AFTER FULFILLING ALL THEIR CALISTHENICS AND RITUALS THEY STILL DO NOT/CAN NOT ... PROMISE SALVATION AT THE END OF THE ROAD..
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#461710 Jul 13, 2013
Pope Francis as a Jesuit is no more Christian than the Gnostics of the Knights Templar were since that is who founded the Jesuits (1540). This is why the Jesuits are the main advocates of the evolution theory, and the father of the 'big bang' which says God did not create thus does not even exist. This is the Jesuit's Counter-Reformation after their holy roman empire failed. They have replaced the 'christian' empire with a secular new world order. The Jesuits were the founders of the Illuminati who created the NWO in 1776 as found on the back of the US dollar. The RC is still there but its HRE is dead and gone. The Jesuits then are head of the NWO through an elaborate chain-of-command down through numerous papal knights.

The pope claiming atheists are saved is just mental manipulation for many Catholics falling away from the faith due to the Jesuits false 'science'.

There's no truth in big bangism, it has been disproven, tho the Jesuits will cling to their paganism and continue as tho nothing happened.

The universe is just as the Bible says about 6kyo. We can count the number of supernova to completely discredit big bang claims of bazzillions of years. Here on earth, the baserocks also do not support big bang planet formation theories.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461711 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
______
Bur
scriptures
BUT
from such turn away.
Your anti-catholic "editorialized personal opinion" is as bogus and distorted as the majority of your comments "have always been"!
The facts remains, Confrinting--that you CONTINUE to have no idea as to what you are talking about!!! Which is no surprise to ANY of us Catholics! Again--quoting bible verses doesn't make you a Christian. Start listening to your wife KayMarie, the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIAN in your family!! She should take over your ministry!!!

Prince George, Canada

#461712 Jul 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody seems to want to know what the Catholic Church really teaches.
The popes didn't even know what the church teaches, as they never did agree.

Do you believe your new pope is a heretic for expressing the view that Atheists are "redeemed?"

My guess is, as all other Catholics on this forum, you won't respond to that question, as it's easier to ignore it, and continue to be dishonest with your selves.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461713 Jul 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! I have many Protestant friends in which we all consider each other, brothers and sisters in Christ and can share and respect each others faith (openly and freely) without attacking each other because of our differences in beliefs as Christians. As a former bible only Protestant, I became a Catholic after muc..........snipoed...For me personally, as well as billions and billion of Catholics for over 2000 years---the Catholic Church is the only Church that adheres to the "FULLNESS of the FAITH, and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in its doctrinal teachings ---and that is why I am a Catholic/Christian......... Unfortunately there are individuals who came on this forum (bible only Protestants, atheists and agnostics) "for one purpose and one purpose ONLY) and that is to vindictively,and beligerently, condemn, judge and attack the Catholic Church and the personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ of Catholics (everywhere) and especially those on this forum!! The biggest question for those angry and hatefilled (anti-catholic) "fundies, atheists and agnositcs is, "If you believe so strongly in what you claim to be (for you) the truth, then "go and live it on your own" without attacking and condemning the faith of others Christians. However---as a former Protestant, I/we as Catholics (all know that) that you CAN'T and WON'T do that because the entire basis of your bible only, agnostic or atheistic (anger-hate and hostility) is predicated and directed on attacking and hating 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. What they believe (or don't believe)CANNOT stand on its own WITHOUT those attacks!!!! This has been proven, over and over and over again. Ask, Anthony, Clay, Rdgina, Dan and every other Catholic who comments on this forum. I'm sure they will ALL agree!!!
Have to say ..I was raised Catholic..then did nit really practice any religion for decades.
I had many preconceptions about Protestants
Was in the Episcopal church fir a while
When I came to Jesus ..I was listening to a tv minister who had described the God sized hole within us..only one of the things that. Resonated in me..over the course if a few months...the Spirit was practically hitting me over the head in many different small ways
Until I accepted Jesus as Lord..I knew in my head He was..sent my child to Christian school.
But real saving grace ..in my heart ..I did nit have until then
Anyway to get to my point .
I watched that BAPTIST minister..a local Pres ..And a non denominational
On tv.
After a few services in a couple of local churches..as I don't drive much.
I but the bullet and went to my local Baptist Church...don't know what I expected.
More loving people you will never find.
The point here Is..none if the sermons..Nit my pastor ..No one mentioned the RCC at ALL.
They are not built on hate as you assume.
Long before I ever became in any Protestant
I personally as I found out historical things such as the Inquisition ..was shocked and felt lied to
Popes perfect ??? NOT all if them for sure.
No one can. FORCE BELIEF and it was wrong that the Monarchs and clergy tried to .
Pope Alexander ..the Birgia pope..saw a documentary ...I was appalled.
Again long before I was,Baptized in the Baptist church.
The true Christian faith is rooted in the believers..Christ is with us individually .
I'm glad you are happy as a,Catholic .
BUT I MOST FIRMLY BELIEVE God used the REFORMERS as well as the CC to spread HIS WORD.
Different times right before settling the New World..the printing press..
People opposed to some of the CC doctrines
No perfect Popes..No perfect Reformers
Vessels to spread the message. Of Christ's sacrifice. sacrifice for unworthy
ME..YOU...ALL OF US..Amazing ..Grace

Prince George, Canada

#461714 Jul 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't attempt to "read into", "dissect", or "manipulate" the words of Pope Francis..... I'll leave that to the Protestants, atheists and agnostics, who have become "experts at that"!!
So you don't even pay attention to the words preached by your own pope, yet you brag about how your religion is based on TRUTH???

You people are a joke!
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#461715 Jul 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
Although Catholics acknowledge Protestants as Christians, we could never acknowledge Protestantism as legitimate Christian teachings .

no bible.

Prince George, Canada

#461716 Jul 13, 2013
socci wrote:
Pope Francis as a Jesuit is no more Christian than the Gnostics of the Knights Templar were since that is who founded the Jesuits (1540).
There it is again. A Catholic chewing apart another Catholic ... and chewing apart the pope ... no less.

Religion never was based on any semblance of kindness. It was always based on right-fighting and whose words were going to be the words followed by the leaders of the packs.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461717 Jul 13, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is that we Catholics recognize your Christianity, but most of you do not return the recognition. Even going so far as to condemn us to Hell. Many of you falsely accuse us of worshiping Mary and statues etc.
Also, nobody seems to want to know what the Catholic Church really teaches. They would rather keep believing their misconceptions. I suppose its easier to do that than to admit wrong doing?
It simply teaches things that are opposite of what Christ taught. That is the truth.
You've come close to Christ by reading the Books the Catholic Church put together and called 'The Bible'... But by eliminating the Church upon which the Bible came, you are not receiving the fullness of the faith. You couldn't be, because you're going by the Bible alone. That's not the fullness. and more importantly, to go by your individual interpretations instead of what the Apostles conveyed orally about their written documents, is really moving away from the fullness of Christianity.
Good response Clay!! Hope to see you one of these days again--at Mass at the Cathedral. Would enjoy visiting with you again!---Are you usually there every Saturday or ?. Let me know we'll try to (hook up) again. Gods Blessing to you and your family!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam 31 min Old Pom 8
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 17 hr Married in 10,237
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web