Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603313 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Basile, LA

#461452 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
On a personal level you don't judge me ... "so you claim" ... yet you left Atheism because you believed Catholicism would save you from hell, and Atheism would not perform that miracle for you.
I suggest you stop playing games with your self, so you can stop playing games with me.
June:

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461453 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mention you or anyone. Why do you think it's always about YOU? lol....feeling guilty? There have been a few new names here posting to her.
Get the phone records.
You don't have to mention me..EVERYONE knows you meant me..and it is about me Marie,your attacks towards me have been on going since I came back.
Your the one that posted that YOU can pove that you called...YOU post your proof....either way....I have NO desire to regain a friendship with you.Most everyone on this forum KNOWS that you have lied many times. I have no reason to prove anythingto you.You need to focus on becoming a better human being and stop focusing on me and WHAT I say or WHO I talk with.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#461454 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have missed your post I know I answered a few..
Who and what are you talking about ...I never bear false witness ...
Am clueless ..
On the other I posted 3 here we. From your bible and mine.
All say the same thing .
Those missing books sorry ..are not necessary to salvation...
And your bleeds pope did call for unity.
Regina if you and certain others want to look at us as not Christian believers in the same Christ y oh believe in ..go ahead .
We are nit second class..I do not see true Catholic Christians as second class
But we will be welcome by Jesus or not ...But NOT BY ANY POPE
THE TEMPLE CURTAIN HAS BEEN RENT IN TWO.
THERE IS NO BARRUER BETWEEN GOD AND US ...
But if you choose another between you and Him have at it ..enjoy
And no thanks on the links
I didn't say you bore false witness! Nor did I say any of the other things you went on about. Why do you put words in my mouth?

There are many differences not only between Catholics and Protestants, but among the many thousands of Protestant groups in existence since the reformation.

No one is trying to fight with you, Rose, but you seem kind of testy. No matter what a Catholic says to you, you take it the wrong way. Oh, well, if that's what you want. But when you post things that aren't true, people are going to oppose you and try to correct you. This *is* a board for debate after all.

Sorry you don't want to look at the links to Rachel's Vineyard and Silent No More. I thought someone said you posted on abortion forums and thought they would be helpful. Have it your own way. I should post on those forums also, but I've gotten very busy.

I also asked about the tropical storm but I think it's easier (and calmer, lol) to just take my chances with the weather report!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461455 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Pray to the departed ...
Is that not the same thing the Mormons do?
Please define what you mean by..
"the saints who are alive in heaven ."
The Bible does not say that they are bodily alive...
it says ...
Romans 8:23
(DRB) And not only it, but ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit:
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,==> waiting for the adoption of the sons of God, the redemption of our body.
(Geneva) And not onely the creature, but we also which haue the first fruites of the Spirit,
euen we doe sigh in our selues,==>waiting for the adoption, euen the redemption of our body.
(KJV) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,-->waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Are you saying they have already experienced the adoption, to wit, the redemption of their bodies.
If you are...then you are in error...
I believe they are like Moses and Elijah when they appeared with Jesus at the Transfiguration.

Do you ask others to pray to God on your behalf?
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#461456 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of charity I avoid commenting on your feeble-minded and ignorant posts to spare you the embarrassment. I'll usually only address you when you're either attacking me or throwing out another whopper of a lie about the Catholic Church.
I am not an authority. The Catholic Church is. All I do is correct your errors regarding the Catholic faith and history.
I do believe in the bible. It is historical fact that the only reason protestants even have a bible is because of the Catholic Church. I don't believe in your version of the bible, especially because you have no authority to teach the bible and also because you are barely literate and are a menace to biblical truth.
The Catholic Church never, ever discouraged people from reading the bible, they only discouraged people from reading BAD TRANSLATIONS of the bible.
We have no idols in our Churches.
We don't pray TO Mary or the saints, we ask them to pray to Jesus for us.
We show Jesus on the cross to remind us of His sacrifice and because St. Paul said we are to preach Him crucified.
The catholic church has proven it self not to be an authority on the Bible , or anything relating to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Quite the opposite.
Your statues or idols of saints can't hear, or see, why don't you pray to Jesus yourself Anthony He will hear you and answer you.
You are correcting my error's , if what you believed was scriptural it may hold so weight Anthony but it's not.
The Bible never says Mary was forever a virgin, nor does it say God made her queen of heaven.
The catholic fathers made that up in 1950, seem to have taken them along time if your church started in the 300's as you claim why did they take so long???
I'll tell you why!!! some grumpier old man wanted to make a name for himself like other Popes who past stupid degrees of the catholic religion.
Your brain washed that's what you as Anthony, and any other catholic who believes that unsound doctrine.
You can't even pick up a Bible and read it for yourself and understand a chapter without fear of thinking your interpretation is not really.
God lays things on our heart through the Holy Spirit people to pray for and scriptures to help us against the enemy, and going through hard times.
What your saying is God is not able to relay His message to His people, with God all things are possible Anthony .
He speaks to us through His Holy Word the Bible, He lays scripture on our hearts and brings them to memory when we are troubled.

You don't know God Anthony you know of Him but you don't know Him.
He is a person, and He loves you.
You can go right to God in prayer, Jesus made it possible when He hung on the cross and tore the temple from top to bottom.
He done away with the earthy Priesthood , we as believers are part of the Royal Priesthood.
You need to get to know your maker and the man who died for your sins Jesus The Christ.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461457 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
No one said you were.
But are you desperate, or worried now? Are you sure? NEVER and ALWAYS!!
YOU are desperate to believe that a god loves you, or you would not have re-joined your Catholic cult.

I believe that if a god loves you, the god would love anybody, as the god would not BE at all fussy.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461458 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd prefer not to go there with you Sera, let's keep it civil ok?
okie dokie...but it would not bother me if you did.I do not take it personally.

Prince George, Canada

#461459 Jul 12, 2013
The Jewish god must be terribly disappointed that his son Jesus is now in Christian heaven.

Oh well ... parents can only do their best with their children, and if the children join a new religion ... so be it!

Tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#461460 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
New Age Spiritual Leader:
A lot of justification is based on one's world-view.
If one thinks Jesus was a philosopher/theologian, or if he was God.(And some have a hard time thinking he even existed/exists at all.), or some combination....
Each must decide. And the process of determining that, in one's own head is part of Life's Great Adventure, with perils and rewards, each in his own way.
YUP ... heaven for you and hell for others. That is YOUR decision.

:)
marge

Ames, IA

#461461 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you confronting for that post, I wasn't sure where that scripture was.
As we can see Catholic's pay no regard to the Holy Scriptures.
Yep, there was even a type of catholics back in Pauls day, not only praying to angels but forbiding marriage and meat on certain days among other things.

Prince George, Canada

#461462 Jul 12, 2013
This god must be a real push-over.

If one of my children told me I could not accept my other children into my home, I would tell that child to move over and make room, or else!

But this god seems to allow his children to bully each other and then he gives them rewards for the bullying.

It's almost as though the children gave birth to and raised the father.

Tongue in cheek

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461463 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they are like Moses and Elijah when they appeared with Jesus at the Transfiguration.
Do you ask others to pray to God on your behalf?
I don't ask dead folk for any thing..

Their spirits are with God and oblivious to any thing that is transpiring on the earth...
marge

Ames, IA

#461464 Jul 12, 2013
off to dinner at the eldest son's, Blessings everyone.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#461465 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to mention me..EVERYONE knows you meant me..and it is about me Marie,your attacks towards me have been on going since I came back.
Your the one that posted that YOU can pove that you called...YOU post your proof....either way....I have NO desire to regain a friendship with you.Most everyone on this forum KNOWS that you have lied many times. I have no reason to prove anythingto you.You need to focus on becoming a better human being and stop focusing on me and WHAT I say or WHO I talk with.
No, as I said, I didn't say I could prove it. I said it gave an "indication". And so it does.

And, no, everyone does not "know" that I have "lied many times". It's an easy PERSONAL ATTACK and used by many. That's the extent of it.

For some reason you seem to have an inflated opinion of yourself....I truly don't care about you or who you talk to. Why do you think it's always about YOU? It's not.

Believe me, I have no interest in any sort of supposed friendship with you. Sadly, I found that's not possible in your case.

Perhaps if you didn't slander the Catholic Church and make PERSONAL ATTACKS on her and her members, no one would have to correct you. I know you don't like being opposed but them's the brakes!

Yes, my name is Marie. Many people here know that. I've explained a few times that Regina is my Confirmation and middle name. Thank you for finally using it. You always used Regina on the phone in spite of my telling you it's Marie. It's about time!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#461466 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't appreciate her reaction sometimes. It's rather hurtful to those of us who wouldn't throw that in the face of our Orthodox brethren.
~~~
You don't have any scruples in trashing evangelicals tho now do you?
as you have me and others?
I would consider being accused of spiritual fornication and condemned to hell as "trashing", which is what you are guilty of. I wouldn't consider telling you that you are not an infallible interpret of scripture as "trashing" you.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#461467 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong Regina once again.
All born again believer's in Christ Jesus and the works that He did, are part of a royal priesthood, the bible the catholic church gave the world according to you says so.
Surely you will believe Peter your first Pope.
1 Peter 2
The Living Stone and a Chosen People
4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says:
“See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in him
will never be put to shame.”[b]
7 Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
“The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”[c]
8 and,
“A stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.”[d]
They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.
9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
I would rather not discuss scripture with someone who gets their biblical exegesis from Jethro.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#461468 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
I guess I don't appreciate her reaction sometimes. It's rather hurtful to those of us who wouldn't throw that in the face of our Orthodox brethren.
We READ this forum! We see what is thrown and where.
KM
You're not Orthodox Christians, if you were I wouldn't be throwing anything at you. As it stands you are evangelical fundamentalists without a shred of knowledge about the Catholic faith, yet you spend day and night here trashing it.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461469 Jul 12, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you clear this major point of the forum up.
I agree - my life [Self] is between me and "God" (if applicable), and not one religion or person in this world can say otherwise.
Too bad for all of those Catholics that don't believe you.
New Age Spiritual Leader

Everybody deals with problems in different ways. For me, there is no point in getting mad. When I realize specific factors are occurring which indicate I am nearing a point of getting mad, I back off, and reflect on "bigger" issues. Its good for me to "get the big picture" first, and then return to the specific smaller issues.

Sometimes its hard for a person to realize they are imposing their own wills, and judgements on others. I think it is most often an overcompensating need for self-justification.

So in a lot of cases on here, there is a lot of aberrant decoding errors that are constantly going, specifically on this thread, and communicating in general. The frustration(getting mad) develops because patterns we think others understand, EXACTLY....And if they don't then a "fault/blame" process begins.

Prince George, Canada

#461470 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't ask dead folk for any thing..
Their spirits are with God and oblivious to any thing that is transpiring on the earth...
Except for the majority of the world's population that according to your religion is in hell, or will be when god judges them.

Silly people NEED silly religions to BANK on.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#461471 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
There are denials in both camps. There are LOUD PROTESTS in both camps. There are admissions and repentance in both camps. You sin, we sin. Just as Jesus said.
There are misfits and hypocrites all over the place, Anthony. But the CC problem is compounded because they require thousands of men to deny themselves the life that God has given to mankind.
Jesus said that "not many" could live such a life. But the CC requires it of THOUSANDS (many) anyway.
Don't tell me that those men KNOWINGLY make such a pledge. Most of them long to serve God, but have no idea of the sacrifice that they are required to make. And you know that, if they do not make that vow, they are not accepted to the ministry by the CC.
KayMarie
Wrong. The men spend years discerning the call. There is absolutely no chance that they don't understand the commitment to celibacy for the sake of the kingdom. Men who decide they can't commit to celibacy can and often do become ordained deacons.

And the vast majority were homosexuals preying on adolescent boys.

Why is sexual abuse so much higher in protestantism where the ministers are allowed to be married?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 7 hr Catholic24 84,412
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web