Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 659010 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461678 Jul 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I GUESS IT DEPENDS UPON WHOM YOU ARE ROOMING WITH..
Jos_24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
My guess is, with your arrogant use of scriptures to belittle others, you drive more people away from your religion than you will ever know.
truth

Embleton, Australia

#461679 Jul 13, 2013
Your Creator care for human existence..does meter how much you try attack this or that..as civilization we still exist.

Please tell me!
I fill very well now..its my power within..as i always fill even if i am sad..very easy reverse back.
Now
Why you think truth is not truth?

Prince George, Canada

#461680 Jul 13, 2013
The teaching of heaven and hell in Christianity repulsed me even when I was a child.

I observed through my child's eyes that some of the most arrogant people on earth were Christians, who always believed they were going to heaven and others were simply fodder for hell.

It's a wretched religion that draws the most arrogant of humans to its "fold."

Prince George, Canada

#461681 Jul 13, 2013
Many parents allow their kids to play with their phones in order to placate their whining.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

U.S. toddler accidentally buys car while playing with dad's smartphone

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/u-s-toddler-ac...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461682 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your devotion to imaginary beings are of no more value to others than are the Catholic saints of value to you.
To those who don't place value on other people's images, it's all imaginary bunk.
Your belief that a god has called you to preach, has simply gone to your HEAD.
~~~

I have more proof that God existence than I do of yours.

He has healed my body of arthritis of the spine among other things.

THERE IS NO PROOF THAT YOU EXIST...

I have never tested you by the five senses...

all I see is your word...on this forum

Prince George, Canada

#461683 Jul 13, 2013
LOS ANGELES - The departure of U.S. actress Leah Remini from the Church of Scientology this week raised new questions about the relationship top leaders assume with their high-profile Hollywood members and their ability to retain them.

The New York Post, which first reported Remini's defection on Thursday, said the actress chose to leave after "being subjected to years of 'interrogations' and 'thought modification' for questioning leader David Miscavige's rule," citing an unnamed source.

Remini, 43, best known for her role as Carrie Heffernan in the CBS comedy "King of Queens," released a statement thanking supporters on Thursday, but both she and her representatives declined to comment on her reasons for leaving the church.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Celebrities/2013/07/13/20...

Prince George, Canada

#461684 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
So you prefer images that you are sure live in your brain to real people HUH?

That doesn't surprise me.

Prince George, Canada

#461685 Jul 13, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
He has healed my body of arthritis of the spine among other things.
THERE IS NO PROOF THAT YOU EXIST...
I have never tested you by the five senses...
all I see is your word...on this forum
When you brag that a god healed you, you belittle all the other people on earth who also prayed for healing and received NONE!

Your arrogance is appalling!
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461686 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
ANTHONY..CLAY ..HOJO
DAN. REGINA
just in case you read my post as,lighthearted did and NOT AS,A TYPO...since the word frontrunner....makes no sense
I WAS,NOT saying Catholics are second class,Christians ..
I WAS SAYING
SOME CATHOLICS, treat us as Second Class Christians.
I have repeatedly said on Here I BELIEVE TRUE CHRISTIANS,are found In ANY BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH .
We are Christians because if our relationship WITH CHRIST..Nit our CHURCH.
which was the point of the post that had the TYPO IN IT ..
THE WORD FRONTRUNNER obviously made no sense...just somethin g in the mind of my KINDLE device .
Again sorry
Amen,

#461687 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The teaching of heaven and hell in Christianity repulsed me even when I was a child.
I observed through my child's eyes that some of the most arrogant people on earth were Christians, who always believed they were going to heaven and others were simply fodder for hell.
It's a wretched religion that draws the most arrogant of humans to its "fold."
~~~

You wrote

"It's a wretched religion that draws the most arrogant of humans to its "fold.""

I has evidently drawn you..It has you full attention with thousand of

post ...and adding more each day ..

THAT DON'T SAY MUCH FOR YOURSELF DOES IT?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#461688 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
THANK YOU much for reference ing my post .
I hope it is obvious that the words " seem frontrunner " in the post ars NOT WHAT I MEANT ...my AUTO CORRECT put that word in.
What I was,actually saying
YOU CATHOLICS,SEEM TO TO SEE US AS SECOND CLASS CHRISTIANS,..
I do not See Catholics as such..which I was hoping t he Rest of my post made clear.
I have a,kindle pad ..it does make words up ..
Again sorry
Are you posting under two names? Kindle and Ro? Are these two different or the same poster?

I think the reason women enter into the Ministry is because they feel they are moved to do so with no real Scriptural precedent. At least that is what they say and who am i to argue? Moses allowed for divorce because of hardness of heart.(Matt. 19:7-8) Later in Malachi God states He hates divorce. Moses on his own authority or guided by the Holy Spirit (?) made the concession for divorce. Later Peter renders circumcision obsolete with no scripture precedent. The Bible compiled not by the Apostles proves groups moved via the Holy Spirit can do the will of God post 1st century.

That means the Bible is not all there is nor does revelation stop upon the completion of the Apostolic age. Info in the New is limited and says so. That means things were passed down orally and through tradition. Non Catholic appeals to the Bible only is selectively applied to Catholic Church traditions and at the same time ignored when it comes to things like female ministers. At the end of the day they (females) are either moved by the Holy Spirit or they are not in spite of Paul's teachings men are only to hold leadership roles in the Church. If female ministers are moved via the Holy Spirit then Paul's teaching on the subject no longer applies in an absolute sense. We still have not got into all the non Catholic sects.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461689 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was on a thread of a forum where Catholics saw "each other" as second-class citizens. They didn't agree on what was Catholic and what was heretical to Catholicism.
And the verbal war was ON.
:)
I was on there also, Catholic's arguing with Catholic's .

Prince George, Canada

#461690 Jul 13, 2013
Even when I was under the spell of religion, I never believed that a god would give ME a miracle and withhold miracles from others.

When I thought of little children starving to death every day, I knew that miracles were myths and nothing BUT myths.

Pray as you will ... suffering of all forms of life will continue on earth as more human and non-animals reproduce and suffer.

Humans might become extinct one day as have other animals ... but suffering will not cease for the animals that still exist on planet earth.

From my perception, humans do not deserve special treatment such as miracles, as humans are not at all special.

Prince George, Canada

#461691 Jul 13, 2013
According to many people in religions, non-human animals are not important to the "heavenly father."

If that is true, the heavenly father ain't worth a tinker's damn.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#461692 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I was on a thread of a forum where Catholics saw "each other" as second-class citizens. They didn't agree on what was Catholic and what was heretical to Catholicism.
And the verbal war was ON.
Are you Catholic or a non Catholic voyeur?

Prince George, Canada

#461693 Jul 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was on there also, Catholic's arguing with Catholic's .
They were belittling each other's myths as being heresy and bragging up their own myths as being based on truth. And they were all Catholics.

Protestants and Muslims and Jews and those in all religions fight among their own and created more and more divisions ... Christianity having approximately 38,000 denominations to it's "debit."

The stupidity in religion never ceases to amaze.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#461694 Jul 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
ANTHONY..CLAY ..HOJO
DAN. REGINA
I have repeatedly said on Here I BELIEVE TRUE CHRISTIANS,are found In ANY BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH .
We are Christians because if our relationship WITH CHRIST..Nit our CHURCH.
Agree! I have many Protestant friends in which we all consider each other, brothers and sisters in Christ and can share and respect each others faith (openly and freely) without attacking each other because of our differences in beliefs as Christians. As a former bible only Protestant, I became a Catholic after much prayer,contemplation,research and investigation of TRUE Church History (prior to the Reformation along with many, many more hours, months and years of bible study and being openly led by the Holy Spirit. For me personally, as well as billions and billion of Catholics for over 2000 years---the Catholic Church is the only Church that adheres to the "FULLNESS of the FAITH, and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in its doctrinal teachings ---and that is why I am a Catholic/Christian......... Unfortunately there are individuals who came on this forum (bible only Protestants, atheists and agnostics) "for one purpose and one purpose ONLY) and that is to vindictively,and beligerently, condemn, judge and attack the Catholic Church and the personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ of Catholics (everywhere) and especially those on this forum!! The biggest question for those angry and hatefilled (anti-catholic) "fundies, atheists and agnositcs is, "If you believe so strongly in what you claim to be (for you) the truth, then "go and live it on your own" without attacking and condemning the faith of others Christians. However---as a former Protestant, I/we as Catholics (all know that) that you CAN'T and WON'T do that because the entire basis of your bible only, agnostic or atheistic (anger-hate and hostility) is predicated and directed on attacking and hating 2000 years of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. What they believe (or don't believe)CANNOT stand on its own WITHOUT those attacks!!!! This has been proven, over and over and over again. Ask, Anthony, Clay, Rdgina, Dan and every other Catholic who comments on this forum. I'm sure they will ALL agree!!!

Prince George, Canada

#461695 Jul 13, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Are you Catholic or a non Catholic voyeur?
I was raised by a Christian mother (Lutheran) and a father who belonged to the Rosicrucian Order and believed in reincarnation.

I simply grew up believing in the existence of a god, and I formed my own images of the god as one of unconditional love.

Those were my beginnings. But now I am an Atheist who entertains the idea that maybe the world always existed and was not created by an all-powerful being. However my belief does not own truth. It is only one belief among countless others.

Bragging of knowing truth is a pastime of fools, and I don't belong to those self-ingratiating clubs.

Prince George, Canada

#461696 Jul 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! I have many Protestant friends in which we all consider each other, brothers and sisters in Christ and can share and respect each others faith (openly and freely) without attacking each other because of our differences in beliefs as Christians.
You haven't displayed any of those "loving" traits on this forum.

#461697 Jul 13, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Are you posting under two names? Kindle and Ro? Are these two different or the same poster?
I think the reason women enter into the Ministry is because they feel they are moved to do so with no real Scriptural precedent. At least that is what they say and who am i to argue? Moses allowed for divorce because of hardness of heart.(Matt. 19:7-8) Later in Malachi God states He hates divorce. Moses on his own authority or guided by the Holy Spirit (?) made the concession for divorce. Later Peter renders circumcision obsolete with no scripture precedent. The Bible compiled not by the Apostles proves groups moved via the Holy Spirit can do the will of God post 1st century.
That means the Bible is not all there is nor does revelation stop upon the completion of the Apostolic age. Info in the New is limited and says so. That means things were passed down orally and through tradition. Non Catholic appeals to the Bible only is selectively applied to Catholic Church traditions and at the same time ignored when it comes to things like female ministers. At the end of the day they (females) are either moved by the Holy Spirit or they are not in spite of Paul's teachings men are only to hold leadership roles in the Church. If female ministers are moved via the Holy Spirit then Paul's teaching on the subject no longer applies in an absolute sense. We still have not got into all the non Catholic sects.
~~~

YOU WROTE

"I think the reason women enter into the Ministry is because they feel they are moved to do so with no real Scriptural precedent. At least that is what they say and who am i to argue?"

THERE IS NO REASON TO ARGUE...

THE OLD TESTAMENT SAYS...

ABOUT WOMEN PREACHERS..

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and

-->your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and

-->upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and

==> your daughters shall prophesy, and

your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Act_2:18 And on my servants and

==> on my handmaidens

I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr I recently left 10,248
News Pope to visit Georgia, Azerbaijan Thu Stephany McDowell 1
News Parishioners attend a mass at Catedral de Nuest... Thu Proposer Words Po... 16
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
More from around the web