Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,250
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461401 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU ASK
Does God answer the prayers of your friends for you?
~~~
i PRAY TO GOD THE FATHER IN JESUS NAME
as per the instructions of Jesus..
He said
John 16:23
(DRB) And in that day you shall not ask me any thing. Amen, amen, I say to you:
if you ask the Father any thing in my name, he will give it you.
(Geneva) And in that day shall ye aske me nothing. Verely, verely I say vnto you,
whatsoeuer ye shall aske the Father in my Name, he will giue it you.
(KJV) And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
I don't involve myself in seances.
Hebrews 4:16
(DRB) Let us go therefore with confidence to the throne of grace: that we may obtain mercy and find grace in seasonable aid.
(Geneva) Let vs therefore goe boldly vnto ye throne of grace, that we may receiue mercy, and finde grace to helpe in time of neede.
(KJV) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
We don't have seances. We AND our Orthodox brethren ask the saints who are alive in heaven to pray to God on our behalf.

You don't ever ask anyone to pray for you?

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#461402 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They do say the same thing, and I and every faithful Catholic believes it. I'd rather not argue about scripture with protestants because they have no more authority to infallibly interpret than I do. On the other hand, I feel it's imperative that I make an effort to correct the misconceptions protestants have about the Catholic Church, if only to help diminish their hatred and animosity towards it. I certainly don't want any of you to have to face your judgement with that in your hearts.
PERSONally I have no hatred for the Church at all.

Thing is,that Catholics seem frontrunner are second class Christians if that .

And the points,I try to make a 're about the past history ..the CHURCH AS RUN BY MEN who were certainly nit even acting Christian or allowing Monarchs. Etc Tomlinson God's name .

The Reformation was not done by perfect people but as a response to these things

My chief belief in talking this is that GOD HAS USED BITH CATHOLICS AND PROTESTANTS. To spread His word .

But you guys don't see that and call our bible a wrong.

THEY SAY.THE SAME THING ...about JESUS...why on earth.are we fighting
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461403 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of riding on your coattails.....
There are Japanese Christians. I'm sure they engage in the practice of bowing to one another and no one has accused them of worshiping someone other than God.
lol. I think they think the only civilized Christians are those born in the Allegheny Mountains.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461404 Jul 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Sera has told me in the past that the Catholics here that keep repeating to all other Churches that they are Christ's church, better than all the others, the others are not true churches etc etc etc draws her attention.
I guess I don't appreciate her reaction sometimes. It's rather hurtful to those of us who wouldn't throw that in the face of our Orthodox brethren.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#461405 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I posted that link. I regretted doing it immediately afterwards.
The author of the most comprehensive study ever done on sexual abuse reveals that it is no more prevalent in the Catholic Church than in other religious settings. It's much less than in Western society as a whole and in many if not all protestant groups. I think the Orthodox Churches probably have less abuse than the Catholic Church as a percentage, however, there are societal pressures in the West that aren't present in the East, and I also think most of your bishops were/are less "liberal" in the area of discipline. That is changing very rapidly in the West. There are no more "second chances" with abuse.
Hey cool with me.It is very difficult to get an accurate study of any institutions.With any Church it would be magnified, just because the nature of what a Church is.You and I can have our own ideas of where things stand with the churches. Nothing wrong with that.Anthony Catholicism is a treasure. Its just some of the posts on the board frpm certain Catholics that irk me.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#461406 Jul 12, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
I agree. Why is it you only show your disgust over the Catholic sins?

Maybe it is because the CC's loudly deny their sins. I understand that the U.N. is presently getting into that investigation.

The evangelicals loudly PROTEST offenders in their groups.(J. Bakker and J. Swaggart, for instance.)

KayMarie

Location hidden

#461407 Jul 12, 2013
shi it for brains wrote:
<quoted text> HEEERRRREEEESSS Johny!!!!!!!
LOLOL

Location hidden

#461408 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have seances. We AND our Orthodox brethren ask the saints who are alive in heaven to pray to God on our behalf.
You don't ever ask anyone to pray for you?
I am guilty as charged.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461409 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's you on post #454668 showing affection to Black Thunder.
Regina said: If you knew how to read you would have seen that I said I was kidding around with someone which is why I changed names. But now that you mention it, yeah you are that stupid.
**Sooner or later I will find a post of you cussing at someone and I will expose you for the hypocrite you really are but in the meantime enjoy your posts showing affection.
Go back to fall of 2011....there are some doozies....lol

#461410 Jul 12, 2013
who="Seraphima" Beautiful birds!!Hermi has always wanted one of those birds but we have a lot of cats and dogs...lol...I like that your bird is a southern bird..lol

Jack is a beautiful bird; green with yellow on his head and cheeks. His wings have a touch of yellow, and one large feather on each side that is red and dark blue.

He talks a bit, is prettier than the African Grey, but not quite as smart. He knows several words and does the wolf-whistle.

Our son has an African Grey that is amazing. We called it 'he' for three years, till it laid an egg. She 'thinks' for herself. When I first saw her, she refused to make a sound for me (they don't like strangers), but as I left the room, she said, "See ya later!"

KayMarie

#461411 Jul 12, 2013
who="RoSesz"
A hole in my bucket to let the song out ..well the neighbors mite not like it but God does..I hope

Maybe that is why David said:

Psa 95:1 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful NOISE to the rock of our salvation.
Psa 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful NOISE unto him with psalms.

KayMarie
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#461412 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And the points,I try to make a 're about the past history ..the CHURCH AS RUN BY MEN who were certainly nit even acting Christian or allowing Monarchs. Etc Tomlinson God's name .
The Reformation was not done by perfect people but as a response to these things
My chief belief in talking this is that GOD HAS USED BITH CATHOLICS AND PROTESTANTS. To spread His word .
But you guys don't see that and call our bible a wrong.
THEY SAY.THE SAME THING ...about JESUS...why on earth.are we fighting
Rose, is there a reason why you're ignoring my posts?

Well, I'll keep trying.....

There are many differences between Protestants and Catholics and between our bibles. For one thing, Protestants removed books and NOT for the reasons you specify. For another, you believe in private interpretation and as a result have changed the meaning of many Christian doctrines.

While it's nice to acknowledge our similarities, protestantism has changed the Christian faith and no Pope has accepted those changes, which is something else you seem to repeat over and over. It's simply not true. That is not what ecumenism is about.

At any rate, I certainly hope no one has been bearing false witness about me to you. In spite of our differences, I didn't think you would listen to that kind of talk. Please let me know if you would like those links I mentioned several times.

Location hidden

#461413 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't appreciate her reaction sometimes. It's rather hurtful to those of us who wouldn't throw that in the face of our Orthodox brethren.
If you got em post them....it will not offend me...I find abuse and corruption in ANY church discusting.How could ANY church mislead its people in the name of God??? And that includes the Orthodox Church. Bingo!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#461414 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to fall of 2011....there are some doozies....lol
That's extremely cruel of you.

You've dished out that and more.

Where are the phone records, seraphima?? Why are you so afraid to get them? I would welcome them.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461415 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to fall of 2011....there are some doozies....lol
I know and I've called her out on it before. Regina is the biggest hypocrite on here. I will find a post where she is cussing and I will expose her for the hypocrite she really is.

This is her post from today to me: You just can't seem to stop the insults, can you?
I haven't cussed at you or anyone else, but thank you for proving me right!

**And you're right, got back to 2011 and see her insult after insult after insult.

Location hidden

#461416 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Seraphima" Beautiful birds!!Hermi has always wanted one of those birds but we have a lot of cats and dogs...lol...I like that your bird is a southern bird..lol
Jack is a beautiful bird; green with yellow on his head and cheeks. His wings have a touch of yellow, and one large feather on each side that is red and dark blue.
He talks a bit, is prettier than the African Grey, but not quite as smart. He knows several words and does the wolf-whistle.
Our son has an African Grey that is amazing. We called it 'he' for three years, till it laid an egg. She 'thinks' for herself. When I first saw her, she refused to make a sound for me (they don't like strangers), but as I left the room, she said, "See ya later!"
KayMarie
Nick has always wanted one of these birds! If we were younger I would get one for him now.

Location hidden

#461417 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, is there a reason why you're ignoring my posts?
Well, I'll keep trying.....
There are many differences between Protestants and Catholics and between our bibles. For one thing, Protestants removed books and NOT for the reasons you specify. For another, you believe in private interpretation and as a result have changed the meaning of many Christian doctrines.
While it's nice to acknowledge our similarities, protestantism has changed the Christian faith and no Pope has accepted those changes, which is something else you seem to repeat over and over. It's simply not true. That is not what ecumenism is about.
At any rate, I certainly hope no one has been bearing false witness abot me to you. In spite of our differences, I didn't think you would listen to that kind of talk. Please let me know if you would like those links I mentioned several times.
Wow regina you must be talking about me.....no one has to bare any false witness against you...they can read it for themselves.You can stop being paranoid about me.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#461418 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know and I've called her out on it before. Regina is the biggest hypocrite on here. I will find a post where she is cussing and I will expose her for the hypocrite she really is.
This is her post from today to me: You just can't seem to stop the insults, can you?
I haven't cussed at you or anyone else, but thank you for proving me right!
**And you're right, got back to 2011 and see her insult after insult after insult.
Damn! I really did get under your skin. I had no idea.

Ooops, did I just curse at you? And you still can't post here without resorting to name calling. You do it every single time. I do not. So sorry for pointing that out, charles.

As I said before, your remarks speak more to you than to me.

Have fun you two. Don't forget, I'm not the only one who sees you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#461419 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
I'M sure you came to that conclusion absent any hate but it still comes across as a slam. Is your conclusion based on investigation from Catholic sources free of Protestant distortions? Do you go to Democrats for definitions on Republicans? The Catholic church has a central location. Rome. What is the central location for Protestants? Is your church the only true church and other churches who have points of contention in various degrees wrong? Why so many sects? Is that Biblical? Female Ministers? Is that Biblical?

Location hidden

#461420 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand, Anthony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Crazy 8,301
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sun Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Sep 19 Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE