Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649771 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#461634 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I venerate the Blessed Virgin and the saints and so did Bl. John Paul. We don't afford her divine worship.

worship (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms)(tr) to show profound religious devotion and respect to; adore or venerate (God or any person or thing considered divine)

So, by your own words, you do worship Mary and dead men your piped piper has dubbed "Saint"!!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#461635 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of riding on your coattails.....
There are Japanese Christians. I'm sure they engage in the practice of bowing to one another and no one has accused them of worshiping someone other than God.
Would you like me to introduce you to a "real" one? You will not like them at all. They will NOT tolerate your BS at all.

Location hidden

#461636 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have seances. We AND our Orthodox brethren ask the saints who are alive in heaven to pray to God on our behalf.
You don't ever ask anyone to pray for you?
I certainly don't!
If I have not achieved the dispensation of the requirements of my person, then I do NOT deserve the leniency of justice fairness or truth....simple as that. You crissters can believe anything that pleases your fancy, but right is right and wrong is wrong....Always remember that.
You can lie to yourselves all you want ...justice is justice.
It is what is is...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#461637 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Then you think.my belief in Jesus is for nothing since you have magical knowledge that I don't???
It's belief in His blood that saves..not some tree thing being the serpent
There are those that compose the Elect which number 144,000 and then there are the VERY ELECT that whose number are made up of a total of 7,000. Then there are the rest of the believers who are believe in God but they don't grasp the full mysteries that are revealed in scripture but they will in the millennium. The Elect of God are shown these mysteries now but the rest of Christianity won't have an understanding of these mysteries till the millennium.

Scripture tells us that there will be a sealing of Gods servants in there foreheads before the climax of this age. They are sealed with an ACCURATE knowledge of God word. It's not some magical knowledge as you stated but it's merely an ACCURATE knowledge
of Gods word with which they are sealed so that when the deceiver arrives on the scene they won't be able to be deceived.

Remember the verse that states that Satan deceives the WHOLE WORLD and """WERE IT POSSIBLE""" he would even deceive the VERY ELECT. He won't be able to deceive the Elect because God will have them sealed WITH AN ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WORD. This is knowledge and understanding that the rest of the believers will NOT be privy to till the millennium. The entire world is gonna be deceived. This include all believers EXCEPT the Elect. Even if you are a believer, you will be deceived. Scripture says so.

Location hidden

#461638 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know and I've called her out on it before. Regina is the biggest hypocrite on here. I will find a post where she is cussing and I will expose her for the hypocrite she really is.
This is her post from today to me: You just can't seem to stop the insults, can you?
I haven't cussed at you or anyone else, but thank you for proving me right!
**And you're right, got back to 2011 and see her insult after insult after insult.
That is the result expected when ignorance competes with intelligence and knowledge.
Nuff said...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#461639 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Then you think.my belief in Jesus is for nothing since you have magical knowledge that I don't???
It's belief in His blood that saves..not some tree thing being the serpent
Are you guys aware of what the ELECT will be doing in the millennium, when Christ returns and set up His world wide kingdom for a thousand years? The Elect will be teaching everyone (INCLUDING ALL YOU BELIEVERS) these things that you do not understand at this time such as what really happened in the garden of Eden. Yes, believers as well as unbelievers will be in that 1000 year millenial kingdom of Christ here on earth. It will be a time of teaching and discipline. Many of you believers that think you know Gods word will discover just how little you actually do know in the millennium.

Location hidden

#461640 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't say I had proof. I said I found some paperwork that "indicated" the time period of your last call to me. I would say within a few days. Someone dropped it off while I was on the phone with you and since you were so upset over hermi (he was in Pittsburgh) I just put my hand over the receiver and told the person I would be with them in a little while. I remember the call very clearly. We may have spoken one other time after that, but I doubt it since the hurricane forecast was very serious and I had to make preparations. Then we got hit very badly. I was without power for a long time.
So, if you're not afraid of proving anything I would welcome those records.
I would also appreciate your ceasing making PERSONAL ATTACKS on me and my fellow Catholics and on the Church. You do so with glee and it's not pretty. Many people here think it's okay to say whatever they wish with impunity. I do not. I am not "famous" for name-calling. You made that up to attack me with. Now, preston or charles....yes, they ARE famous for it. But not a peep out of you........why???
You are indeed quite the "manipulator" aren't you?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#461641 Jul 13, 2013
May 2013 Letter Campaign to Pope Francis For the Dogma of Mary’s Spiritual Motherhood

Published on April 27, 2013 by Dr. Mark Miravalle in General Mariology

During the first weeks of his pontificate, Pope Francis has already manifested his extraordinary love and devotion to the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all peoples.

As you know, his very first papal act was to pray before Our Lady’s altar at Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica. During his first few Angelus addresses, Pope Francis has already referred to the Blessed Virgin Mary as the “Suffering Virgin”(March 24) and further instructed:“Let us invoke the intercession of Mary who is the woman who said “yes.” Mary said “yes,” all her life!…Mary, Our Mother, help us to know better the voice of Jesus and follow it, to walk the path of life!(April 21, 2013).”

Aunt....did you see: As you know, his very first papal act was to pray before Our Lady’s altar at Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica.

Location hidden

#461642 Jul 13, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
This was posted a long time ago by a Catholic who went by the name of "gened" in response to someone who said they weren't making PERSONAL ATTACKS on Catholic PEOPLE, but ONLY attacking the Catholic Church and what she teaches. I saved it because it's so very true, he hit the nail on the head. I hope he doesn't mind if I re-post it here:
"Let's make this perfectly clear. When you express hate for another's core belief, you are attacking his or her very essence.. So no matter how you delude yourself with pious but meaningless platitudes, you are attacking and expressing hate for the "PEOPLE"...This is the simple, plain and unambiguous truth of practically all of your posts to date..."
Gene was a very intelligent poster and he's missed by his friends. I hope he's doing well.
And you had better believe that I certainly will do exactly that....and am explicitally prepared to do exactly that.

Location hidden

#461643 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are denials in both camps. There are LOUD PROTESTS in both camps. There are admissions and repentance in both camps. You sin, we sin. Just as Jesus said.
What about those of us who are not in either camp and are prepared to destroy your religion if need be?

Location hidden

#461644 Jul 13, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd prefer not to go there with you Sera, let's keep it civil ok?
Why? is truth not truth?

Tell the TRUTH!
Your lack of evidence of truth will be evidence of fraudulence and deceit by you and/or your church.
Put up or shut up.

Location hidden

#461645 Jul 13, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - "God" hasn't been proven to exist yet, what makes you think I can?
*rolls eyes*
You are starting to sound very much like a so-called "Christian".
Maybe you should stop.....as it conflicts with your already given expressed POV.
Obviously, you do not understand the essence either. Are you thinking of it as a deity? if you are you are wrong.
Essence in every and any continuum is proven as the only motivating force of actuality.

Location hidden

#461646 Jul 13, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to Christian theology, Christian heaven did not exist until Jesus came from elsewhere and suddenly Christian heaven became a real place.
According to Muslim theology paradise never existed until the 12th Imam Muhammad came from elsewhere, and suddenly Islamic paradise became a real place.
Before Christianity and Islam ... the god-HEAD resided ONLY in Olam Haba ... which was meant ONLY to favor Jews.
They all started myths to suit their selves and nothing has changed.
You do not know much either..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#461647 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
We ask Lord for. Peace among us ..the believers on here ..We live you
Thank you for the Sacrifice of your Son Jesus Christ
Jeez Ro..., if you want peace then perhaps you should stop defining Catholics as second class as you did earlier.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#461648 Jul 13, 2013
I'm hungry. I'm going home and fix myself a big breakfast of cheese grits,salmon croquets,eggs scrambled with cheese,biscuits with butter and orange marmalade, orange juice.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461649 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed we don't worship the same God.
and that makes me worry so i'm giving that directly to God.
If you believe there is only one god, it follows that you HAVE to be worshipping the same god.

It's that type of nonsense that makes religion so silly.

Humans continually preach what the god believes and what the god expects humans to believe ... and yet humans don't agree about what the god does believe or expects humans to believe.

It took me a long time to see that the warring theologians all wanted me on their sides of the religious (verbal) battles, and that something was very wrong with that picture.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.

Prince George, Canada

#461650 Jul 13, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,LOL,LOL. Okay now that was funny.
:)

Prince George, Canada

#461651 Jul 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible tells us if we pray together together and agree on what we pray for..it will be a answered.
Within the theology ... in the long run, if a god KNOWS what is best for you, why would you want to confuse the god by steering him in another direction?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461652 Jul 13, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes RoSeze, me and the hubby prayed together as One, and me and six others prayed as One and me and the believers prayed together on this board as One, and all just today! All Glory to Him!
Amen sister..thanks so much :) for joining

How would you and anyone else feel about about doing this on a regular basis.

Nightly..it weekly or spontaneously ??

Prince George, Canada

#461653 Jul 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ya gotta 'member chuck...they's cathaholics...so they kin do damn near anyth'n they wants(even if it's evil) an they kin buy ther way out o' hell!
Sounds like that santana fella sure got one hell of a deal go'in with ther deity an ther church if ya ask me!
Ain't no wonder they don't even worry 'bout them "inquisition days an such"!!!
Try as they will to believe in the power of the "confessional" where that Jew Jesus is hired to be a sponge for Catholic "sin" ... my guess is, the conscience can't be fooled.

If I tread on my neighbor's turf and cause harm to my neighbor, it is my duty to apologize direct TO my neighbor and try to earn back the trust I lost through being a self-centered boor.

By asking an imaginary "savior" to do the work that should be done by the self, is simply a form of scapegoating.

The imaginary Jesus is used as a dumpster for "sin."

Ridiculous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 23 hr swedenforever 46
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web