Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,255)

Showing posts 445,081 - 445,100 of511,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Matt Slick and Catholic Theologian Debate. Slick as interrogator. Worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
book by ajay kansal: Publication Date:August 9, 2012
Did gods create mankind, or did mankind create gods?
It's common sense that those who didn't believe in the existence of gods would not allow such information to be passed on to others, as they wouldn't accept it into their psyches in the first place.

Religion was and is based purely on imagination.

Even IF such a character as Jesus had lived in the flesh on earth, it wouldn't mean that he was anything other than a leader of another cult. The world was saturated with those who claimed to be prophets of gods.

However, I believe that the whole story was based on myth, and that none of those Jews ever lived to be converted to a new, completely foreign religion that LURED them away from Judaism.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
Humanity invented religions and gods to wrestle with their mysteries and miseries. On the contrary, religious dogmas halted the progress of science, facilitated human exploitation, instigated many massacres and wars throughout history and ultimately gave rise to modern terrorism. The knowledge about the evolution of gods may vaccinate the readers against the disease of fanaticism.
Let us think for a moment why humanity developed several religious concepts but only one science. For example, one dogma avers idol worship and the other asserts the contrary: scientific principles have no such ambiguities. There is a concrete reason behind this contradiction: about one thing or concept there is only one truth, but there can be many lies. This book is an effort to light a candle in the darkest corner of human consciousness....finished
I suggest you keep in mind that the scientists in the vatican manage to squeeze a god into all of their theories ... or they wouldn't BE in the vatican.

All of the first "scientists" ... even if they weren't religious had to feign that they were, or they would have been tortured and killed.

Theologians got away with teaching the nonsense "One does not mock GOD." Yet they continually mocked each other's images of gods and put each other to death OVER the mocking.

Religion is a horrible creator of trouble.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Tempest wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is the Body , blood , Soul and Divinity. Christ is present in the Eucharist. Christ gave the keys to His Church to Peter. Peter was the fist Pope. You say you went to Catholic school, you should have been taught this. One day protestant churches will believe again , I hope its soon.
You are worshipping a CHURCH more than Jesus .imo

The Truth Jesus Christ. Fully Human..Fully Divine. Born to Mary Walked on this earth preaching and healing..Showing us the ONLY way to the Father was through Him He died a horrible death on the,Cross..Became full if our Sins,as He hung there..He drank that awful cup JUST FOR US. He cried out ..full of our Sins..father why hast thou forsaken Me. Then in the End ..He said IT IS FINISHED.. FINISHED done..NITHING mire needed. No rituals ..No big buildings..Certainly no KILLING in His name .. DONE ..OVER ..DEATH CONQUERED WHEN HE ARISE from the dead. His apostles were to Spread this,Hope of Salvation Guided by the Holy Spirit HIS,Church was the body of Believers. Not the Vatican. Nit a,Crystal Cathedral People who have a relationship eith the Lord . Who have taken Jesus at His word ..the Way is through Him ..only . We repent our sins and commit to Him..He Washes us in His precious blood . He gave one prayer ..the Our Father Two commandments LOVE God ..love your neighbor ...all if them And most Especially LOVE ONE ANOTHER....y e t here we,are. Believers in Him bickering over passages..churches..statues.. Over centuries actually torturing people who did nit believe the same way as EACH OTHER. SHAME ON US.. We commemorate THE Last Supper differently ...But we do it.But this is,Not necessary to salvation .. We are baptized in obedience ..But That does not save But belief in His precious saving BLOOD by Faith t through the gift if Grace . FREE bought and paid for...by Him ONLY HIM .WASHED CLEAN BY HIM Accepting that gift and repenting. FOLLOWING HIM How simple if we are embued by the Spirit And foolish to non believers We are followers of God's Holy and Perfect Son!!!! I no we need to act like it in word and deed .. So as NOT TO BE STUMBLING BLOCKS to any who are being led by the Spirit. If the Spirit calls a person and he gets answer s from the parish priest..it Dr Charles Stanley on tv. What is it to us..The Spirit leads ..We follow .. The fruits of OUR BELIEF are on this thread for ALL TO SEE.. DOES THIS THREAD ..and some of the words we sling ...Make God happy ARE WE SAYING FOLLOW HIM all of you who are heavy laden . OR ARE WE SAYING follow ME.....I'M RIGHT NOT HIM .. I plead guilt in some of my arguments ..The past is over...mistakes were made in centuries long gone . What do we do to CALL PEOPLE TO JESUS TODAY

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

truth wrote:
it is written all Catholic and Christians will be accused abused assault prosecuted put in prison and killed..is that some funny kind of intelligence..
All those who proclaimed they owned the one and only truth were asking for trouble. It should have been no surprise to them when trouble came their way.

Observe the heading on this forum and how it invites those who post the attitude ... "Just because you're Catholic, doesn't mean you know truth."
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL actually by the time they realized it..They saw Him in heaven :)
And apologize I was wrong in my post..had it mixed up ..Nit Matthew .
But Jesus did say no one knew the hour BUT the Father...Nit even Him.
They were bring hopeful ..because they missed Him..
They had had a glimpse of Heaven just by following Him
You're pretending, hon.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Chess Jurist"
Precisely.
So I have one Christian apologizing for the passage by arguing it was about the first coming and another arguing it is about the second coming.
In truth, it is about the second coming, contained in an 80's AD text that wants to pretend that the 70 AD siege of Jerusalem was a sign of the second coming.
You guys really aren't keeping up, huh?
Are you disagreeing? I don't understand what you are saying.
KM
Well, maybe you need to reread what I posted.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

who will be judge..which corupt atheist organization..did they produce crime toward kids especial all kids have to be bully..they need selling drugs for ministers police teachers and others political organization..many wicket evil organization exist too..
yepppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppp

7 billions busterds with whore mothers..is that atheist and man policy..is that nice say..no
then

since adam and eva is some..now you have digit evil killers too..
did they going fall..
yes they going fall

how

very easy

pray for that day
don't fill sorry even if you cry every day

evil organization will offer to you miracle like never before..but they fall before as well after too

pray for that day of great determination
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

no..i cry since i been child..i am still alive..don't worry if i died i will..

evil is always evil..its some yesterday today will be tomorrow..

it is written
not will be place for hide

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I did not mean to infer that at all, I just said don't bend over around a priest, I did not mention any particular group that it applied to. no offense intended.
We all have to be careful with how we use words. Just telling part of a story can lead others to believe that is the whole story.

As an example ... when the molestation scandal broke within the Catholic hierarchy, they defended their turf by mentioning homosexuality rather than pedophilia. That was a terrible blow to homosexuals who had no way of defending their selves.

We just have to watch the news to see that when children are raped and killed out in society ... it is most often little girls that show up dead. Where is the homosexuality in those situations? It doesn't exist.

The hierarchy was fully aware that priests, bishops et cetera and nuns molested boys and girls and that it was all about pedophilia ... yet they USED that word homosexual to take the focus off their own cover-ups OF the molestations by "pedophiles."

Wretched people!!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I can believe it, what I can't believe the way she did it, and once again she has nothing to do with this forum so why bring her up? no need for it. and she was smart enough to stay away from the church once she learned about the abuse going on, sad part is she has to lie to her parents, telling them she goes every Sunday, and I have to lie to them also, which I don't like, she should just come out and tell them the truth, she wants nothing to do with a church, that turned it's back on priests/bishops/cardinals/pope s molesting children. I don't blame her for that, but I was expecting her to not be able to handle a person that is sick most of the time due to treatments for my cancer, she thought she was tough enough, but it turns out she wasn't. now leave her out of this.
Good post.

One of my acquaintances told me that her husband made the following quote, which I believe fits well for many situations in life ... "Humans are only as honest as circumstances allow."

Your wife probably didn't want to hurt the feelings of her devout Catholic parents, and so she told them "white" lies to protect them from being hurt.

I've seen the same type of situations unfold many times before.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're pretending, hon.
On what ..He will come back when He comes back .

In Glory

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

who="June VanDerMark"
Molestation is common throughout society ... not just in places of worship. Raping and killing of women and young girls often hits the news. It's nothing new. It's simply mortal human nature to be selfish brutes in one way or another.

Thank you for a reminder that such wicked behavior is NOT because of Christianity.

Christianity...when truly followed...frees people from bondage to such behavior.

I am blessed to have lived my life in a family and community where such incidents were rare to non-existent.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

who="Chess Jurist"
Well, maybe you need to reread what I posted.

I did. More than once.

KM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUE CHURCH that Jesus initiated, established and formed in Matthew 16 is confirmed in Acts 2, was a heirarchical, authoritative and visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons and its was referred to as "CATHOLIC" as stated by Ignatius in a letter (057AD)..The Apostles of Jesus who taught, led and directed the Churches beginning with the 1st Church in Antioch were Bishops! The Greek word for "Church" is "ecclesia" which refers to the visible, heirarchical, authoritative Church, NOT and invisible, ethereal body of believers (loosely) connected by faith in the bible alone!...... Your "bible only" (man-made Protestant religion was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It has "absolutely --no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of "relative truth" beliefs. It is NOTHING but a extention of the Protestant Reformation that has over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting "hodge-podge" of inconsistent interpretations of the bible...... AS USUAL CONFRINTING, you continue to "distort" the truth of the bible with the same old "self-interpretating lies",(making up whatever you (hope) that you can "get away with"--- deceiving others as you deceive yourself, as you "continue" to remain on the outside of the TRUTH --always looking in---at Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, which has been historically and biblically PROVEN,(consistently)(for over 2000 years).
~~~
You wrote

The TRUE CHURCH that Jesus initiated, established and formed in Matthew 16 is confirmed in Acts 2, was a heirarchical, authoritative and visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons and its was referred to as "CATHOLIC" as stated by Ignatius in a letter (057AD)

WHO IS/WAS IGNATIUS.. WAS HE INVENTED AS THE REST OF THE CATHOLIC FABLES ARE. THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT HIM IN THE BIBLE ?
__

The Bible says

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The habitation of the Spirit is not located in Rome Italy

The track record from there is any thing but a habitation of the Spirit..

The idolatry that stems from there has created

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

who="June VanDerMark"
I suggest you keep in mind that the scientists in the vatican manage to squeeze a god into all of their theories ... or they wouldn't BE in the vatican.
All of the first "scientists" ... even if they weren't religious had to feign that they were, or they would have been tortured and killed.
Theologians got away with teaching the nonsense "One does not mock GOD." Yet they continually mocked each other's images of gods and put each other to death OVER the mocking.
Religion is a horrible creator of trouble.
No; demonically INFLUENCED PEOPLE create trouble, then blame it on 'religion'.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

KayMarie
Are you demonically influenced? After all, you continually point outward at people who are affiliated with other religions.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On what ..He will come back when He comes back .
In Glory
I'm good with you believing so.

It ain't happening.

But I'm pretending I'm winning Power Ball soon.

Ain't happening either.

But I can still pretend.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

KayMarie
By the way, from your own perspective, have you been cleansed of all sin?

If you answer "YES" ... that means you believe you are perfect.

If you answer "NO" ... then I suggest you stop preaching at me, as it is quite obvious even from your own perception about your self that you still have much to learn before you can be perfect.

Silly people cling to silly religions.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>Catholics are going to prison for crimes committed against children, an some for bank fraud, money laundering. Christians who chose not to join catholic church were imprisoned, beaten, tortured, used as fodder in the arenas of Rome and killed out right just because they did not believe in the man made teachings of the catholic church, the catechism does not compliment the bible or any scripture, it tells you to pray to Mary and various saints which goes against gods word, no one can come between god an man except Jesus only, it's clearly stated in the bible, book of timothy.
Amen Jethro, great post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 445,081 - 445,100 of511,923
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••