Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
445,021 - 445,040 of 537,423 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not on a road to self-discovery. You have simply re-joined a Catholic religious cult that you previously left behind and at one time believed was based on lies.
June:

You are such a supportive optimist!(sarcasm intended.)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way how is Herme doing..It's great that you do this together.
What a blessing ..I hope you BOTH enjoy those books!!!
God keep you both
hermi is doing much better! We do everything together! He is my bestest friend lol.I would be lost without him!!!His illness has taught me a lot and we both are grateful to God and to our friends for all the love and prayers during his illness and in the future.I look forward to chatting with you more and God Bless You!!!!( gotta trim a bunch of bushes now)lol

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Tempest wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church was started by Christ. The True Presence in the Eucharist.
www.scribd.com/doc/149235714 ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Sere, I am so glad your sweety is doing good.:)
He is doing great!It is a slow process but we will get there!! God Bless you!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Tempest wrote:
<quoted text>What are you posting? Can't understand anything you post.
The simplicity in Christ's salvation: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
No Church is as old as God.We better quickly learn that we are unworthy and should never ever compare our church to God in any way other than that our churches and the people in them are not fit to tie the sandals of the Christ.

THE BIBLE SAYS

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,

not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ,

as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

-->NOTE WHO THE BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS ARE IN CHRIST JESUS

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us,

who knew no sin;

-->that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. <---

The above took place in the fulfillment of the prophecy

of

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

-->the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.<--

When we receive/acknowledge the fact that God ... laid on him the iniquity of us all...

we become born again...

Joh_3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh_3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1Pe_1:23 Being born again,

not of corruptible seed,

but of incorruptible,

by the word of God,

which liveth and abideth for ever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They only "love" the imaginary Jews that they believe "service" them in a hereafter.
Still stuck in your sin nature, I see. Surrender all unto Jesus Christ before it is too late:
www.scribd.com/doc/3132017 ...

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I love that verse. I was not aware of that. I will commit it to heart and it will give me much peace.I am improving.Praise God!May Christ and His Angels cover your Niece with their peace and blessings.Christ was with me long before I knew what a Church was.Christ was with me before I knew Him.Thanks again for the verse.This may just be my favorite.
Hope you are feeling better ..you and Sera,are such great examples .

What you said ...you are right..I did not find Him in any church.

I learned about Him as A,Catholic .

But found Him as He spoke into my soul..on my knees in my own bedroom..

No candles..No statues. Just a confluence of things drawing me close.

And after many years when I was going my own way ..sinning ...

Who would wan5 such as me ..THE SPIRIT calls ...And calls ...And by Gods mercy we are able to a answer ...because He thinks I matter to Him .

How great is that!!!!! Amazing Grace indeed..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony said: "Jethro doesn't believe the bible" - either do Muslims
Tony said: "Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God" - why would your pope kiss a book that is from those who reject His Son?
I guess you're busted Tony...no?
Bl. John Paul didn't believe in the Quran. He kissed it out of respect to the Muslims who gave it to him as a gift.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have never said that the Orthodox Church has never committed ANY sins...Ever! I have said that ANY CHURCH that does what YOUR church does is discusting!...
http://pokrov.org/display.asp...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

If a creator created the universe, the creator was there to service or punish all humans through all human history.

Just suppose that as some scientists claim, humans were on earth 40,000 years ago ... "that is just one estimate to make my point."

Christians believe that the creator never sent a legitimate savior to earth during all that time.

If that is true, then the creator didn't want humans to know about salvation until the last two thousand years.

That puts the creator in a position of absolute neglect of his own supposedly beloved humans, as for 38,000 of those years he left them without hope of any help whatsoever.

Religion is stupid!!!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bl. John Paul didn't believe in the Quran. He kissed it out of respect to the Muslims who gave it to him as a gift.
Nor did he try to interpret it as Jethro does the Bible.
Human Being

Basile, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Having faith that others deserve hell and you deserve heaven probably is the same as having faith in the beliefs of other religions, as most of them DO believe that others deserve hell.
For instance Muslims teach that all others than Muslims will burn in hell ... and Christians teach that all others than Christians will burn in hell.
So your faith is valid and sadly in dire need of refreshment.
June:

I think I understand what you mean. And I agree.

The point is don't have faith in one's own beliefs,(or other's beliefs). I think doing so begins a process of idolatry in the mind. Various devotions/rituals arise to reinforce the strength, and a false self-confidence.

We all do it to some degree, and when we catch ourselves falling into that mode of thinking, generally it is because the conscience is disturbed, and one becomes aware that "something" is wrong. Generally speaking, I think it(idolatry) occurs most often when a person does things out of a bad habit, rather than spontaneously....

In similar fashion it is better to become congruent(psychologically speaking) to establish peace within oneself.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't an authority on truth, the bible or what makes a person a Christian, so your opinion of me is meaningless.
Jethro doesn't believe the bible. Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God?
Anthony, are you sure you want to cross paths with me again.

You are not an authority on the Bible either Anthony, I have never claimed to been.
You do not believe the bible either , even though you say your religion gave us the Holy Scripture .
Why does your church discourage people from reading God's Holy Word Anthony, when Jesus told us to search the Holy Scriptures .
Isn't that going against God???
Everything Jesus told us to do the catholic church says not to do.
He told you not to build idols your church's are full of them, Jesus said to pray to god alone in His Holy Name you say to pray to Mary and other dead saints.
to add insult to injury the statues of Mary, are large while the idol who is suppose to be Jesus is a baby small and helpless
Except the one on the Popes staff, it depict Jesus as a corpse, rotting and decayed.
Jesus knew not decay, just like the Bible says .Acts 2: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all!! I/we as Catholics will leave the "enslavement and bondage" to you Protestant "fundies" that has infected and polluted your bible only half-truth, half-heresy 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent (personal opinionated) beliefs!!!
Been there --and done that for over 35 years! It is ALL YOURS!! You CAN HAVE IT!......... I'll continue to remain with 2000 years of the PROVEN Historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church----which is the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the Eucharist!!
Many Protestants are becoming Catholics. Great is the spirit of deception that is enveloping the globe. Just another sign of the times.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did your pope when kiss the Quran? Islam rejects Christ as the Son of God.
Yes Chuck Anthony's Pope did kiss the Quran.
John Paul also worshipped Mary., He told people to go to her instead of Jesus.
Jesus is the Savior and light of the world not Mary,

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Even if as the creationists believe, that humans have only been on earth for six thousand years ... that would mean for the first four thousand years (according to Christians) the creator chose not to give any other group of believers a REAL savior.

By clinging to such a belief, Christians depict the god as a bungling vindictive idiot.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

who="Hermeneutics Smutics"I love that verse. I was not aware of that. I will commit it to heart and it will give me much peace.I am improving.Praise God!May Christ and His Angels cover your Niece with their peace and blessings.Christ was with me long before I knew what a Church was.Christ was with me before I knew Him.Thanks again for the verse.This may just be my favorite.

Good thinking. God's Word is true and POWERFUL. It is alive. He revealed Psalms 73:26 to me: "My flesh and my heart fail: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."

He has kept me for many years with those words.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
In similar fashion it is better to become congruent(psychologically speaking) to establish peace within oneself.
And you do so by believing that others deserve hell while you deserve heaven.

Sickening belief.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you are feeling better ..you and Sera,are such great examples .
What you said ...you are right..I did not find Him in any church.
I learned about Him as A,Catholic .
But found Him as He spoke into my soul..on my knees in my own bedroom..
No candles..No statues. Just a confluence of things drawing me close.
And after many years when I was going my own way ..sinning ...
Who would wan5 such as me ..THE SPIRIT calls ...And calls ...And by Gods mercy we are able to a answer ...because He thinks I matter to Him .
How great is that!!!!! Amazing Grace indeed..
~~~

Thank you for you testimony

Amazing Grace

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promis’d good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shinning as the sun;
We've no less days to sing God's praise,
Than when we first begun.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••