Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703533 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461503 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Seems to me, you are more desperate for me to believe, so it can justify your world-view....
Sorry, I just don't fit into your world-view.
Your view of heaven is bliss for you, and your view of hell is punishment for others.

If that is NOT your view, you are not a real Catholic.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461504 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
We all have disordered passions. But an eye for an eye, revenge and rage leads to a bad end.
Some people seek to order their passions. Turn from vices to virtues....
In the end, a virtue seems to me the better way to go....
So you agree that it was a good idea for Catholics to burn homosexuals at the stake???

Is that your idea of turning a vice into a virtue??? You say nothing about the atrocities, so that maybe they can be repeated at a future time with your "blessing?"
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461505 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
We all have disordered passions....
Your religion IS a disordered passion!
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461506 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
We all have disordered passions. But an eye for an eye, revenge and rage leads to a bad end.
Some people seek to order their passions. Turn from vices to virtues....
In the end, a virtue seems to me the better way to go....
It's better to be pleasant without any expectation of reciprocation instead of saying if you be nice to me, I'll be nice to you, which is a form of an eye for an eye.
Yes, I agree.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461507 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if she repents.
;)
Maybe you have to repent first and then she will repent and then you can both beg Jesus for forgiveness of your sins until you repeat them again in the next posts to each other.

Silly people!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461508 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
We all have disordered passions
Why did you leave your Protestant religion for Catholicism Robert?

After all, they both promise that a Jew is coming to save you so you don't end up in hell.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461509 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>DO not post to me again...you lied right now...I called you marie and also regina....I never personally attacked you only the catholic church.If you take that personally than that is on you.And you did say you could prove calling me and I asked you to post it...now take your Barbie dolls and go home...if you don't care about what I say than STOP REPLYING TO ME OR MAKING COMMENTS TO OTHER POSTERS REFFERING TO ME..LOL..I will no longer reply to any of your post from now on.Its pointless. Your pointless!
Hi Sere, don't let Regina get you upset.
Everyone on here knows about Regina by now.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461510 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why DID you convert from Protestantism to Catholicism in the first place Robert?
Were you mesmerized by all that chatter about Catholic saints traveling in the presence of a god?
June:

Conversion is a process. So it seems to me your looking more for a catalyst when you ask the question....

I would say, although I had no(but negative impressions imposed by my Protestant upbringing) exposure to Catholicism, while I went on a tour of the Mission in Santa Barbara, CA., I saw a Rosary for the first time, and decided I needed to know more.

(Later, I reflected on the experience, but how does a blind man describe what he sees, when he first sees, to others that don't see???) To you it would be unbelievable.

So, that's about as close as I could say was seeing a Rosary.

Actually, it wasn't till later, was I presented with the treasure chest opening to the vast wealth of the saints....Mainly, I see them in their writings, which are too numerous to count. The wealth of their wisdom, such a beauty left for those who seek it out....(I am not talking about theologians. I am talking about the wisdom of these simple people.)

Perhaps in time, you might investigate for yourself?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#461511 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, reggie will stab you in the back and it will come at any time. she is a very disoriented person, and therefore you cant have a pleasant relationship with her
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461512 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather not discuss scripture with someone who gets their biblical exegesis from Jethro.
Well Regina I just got that scripture from the Bible that you catholic folk claim you gave the world.

God will use whom He will use to get His message of salvation across to the lose Regina.

Maybe the catholic church isn't in to soul saving.
Just into saving their precious church coffers
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461514 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>.
Proven to who? You? Lol.
I know God through His Son Jesus. He is in my heart, in my mind and in my soul at all times. He is the head of my Church and I am a part of His body. I would wish that you could experience the grace He pours out on us through the Sacrament of the Eucharist. You need prayers...I'm glad to offer some for you.
I would accept your prayers but only if you pray to God not Mary and dead saints.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461515 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your view of heaven is bliss for you, and your view of hell is punishment for others.
If that is NOT your view, you are not a real Catholic.
June:

To be honest, I have only glimpsed/experientially a part of heaven.
I think I was not given a glimpse of hell because it might have overwhelmed me to distress....

And I thank God for His Wisdom in both.

I just don't fit your view of being a Catholic....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461516 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera and I want to do a prayer circle a round Nine every one is invited .

Ok with you???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461517 Jul 12, 2013
ANYONE WANTING TO JOIN IN FOR PRAYER .

WE CAN TRY AT 9 Eastern today. May be do it at a,set time each day????

Feel free to add personal.prayer a without of house personal info.

We are definitely at least 2 gathered in His name OSTENSIBLY ANYWAY

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#461518 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, done that with you....several times...proved that the statement from your source is false. Go find a house to haunt.
Source is false????? Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997

Really??????

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#461519 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Conversion is a process.?
LOL. THAT COMES FROM KNOWING NOTHING ABOUT SALVATION.

as any Christian could tell you, if you ever asked. It doesn't take God day, months or years to Save a person. try reading the Bible and find that out. the first Gentile, Cornelius is proof positive.

when a person calls upon the Lord, and the Lord Answers, then Salvation and "conversion" happens instantaneous.

that is what Christians call being Born Again. In accordance with the Words of Jesus.

and so again, your words are not Biblical.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461520 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I would consider being accused of spiritual fornication and condemned to hell as "trashing", which is what you are guilty of. I wouldn't consider telling you that you are not an infallible interpret of scripture as "trashing" you.
~~~

If you believe that me ...Telling you what the word of God says

and warning you to flee the wrath to come is trashing you then so be it...

If you prefer to go to hell then have it.

There aint no two ways to the pearly gates...

it's the old cross road and the way called straight.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#461521 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>OH BOY!!!!! Now that's FUNNY!!!!! I spit my coffee out over my computer screen!!! That's a keeper! Cant wait to tell my friends that one! LOLOLOL
Sorry 'bout yer equipment an all...

Location hidden

#461522 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, done that with you....several times...proved that the statement from your source is false. Go find a house to haunt.
See "venerated"..Latin vener&#257;tus, past participle of vener&#257;r&#299; to solicit the goodwill of (a god), worship, revere; see Venus]

John Paul II venerated Mary on every occasion, private and public. It was his custom to pray the Rosary before an image of Mary on the first Saturday of every month. The Madonna of the Immaculate Conception was brought from the Vatican collection for the occasion.

John Paul II worshipped at Marian shrines throughout the world, from the Black Madonna in Jasna Gora, Poland, to Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal, to Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mexico.

He continually exalted Mary in his sermons. We are told that on his trip to Latin America in 1996 he “ended every speech by exalting Mary”(“John Paul Woos Straying Flock,” Christianity Today, April 8, 1996, p. 94).

John Paul II dedicated papal encyclicals to Mary. In the one in March 1987, titled Redemptoris Mater, he stated that his objective was to awaken and deepen Marian devotion and he called on all Christians to look to “our common Mother” as “a way of bringing about unity between the divided churches of the world.” In the encyclical Evangelium Vitae, published in March 1995, John Paul II said that Mary is the “mother of all who are reborn to life” and that by bringing forth Jesus into the world “she in some way brought to rebirth all those who were to live by that Life.” He concluded by praying,“O Mary, bright dawn of the new world, Mother of the living, to you do we entrust the cause of life.”

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#461523 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If you believe that me ...Telling you what the word of God says
and warning you to flee the wrath to come is trashing you then so be it...
If you prefer to go to hell then have it.
There aint no two ways to the pearly gates...
it's the old cross road and the way called straight.
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Please pray with us Kay ..hoped you woukd be on to add yours ..sent you a message :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1