Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,250)

Showing posts 444,981 - 445,000 of530,077
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what you choose to do, your Self will still be the factor that makes that decision.
Unless you have some other way of creating the actions you make.
Do you?
Self has no control over which culture self is born into, so self can be taught anything and believe anything.

Why are you so hooked on that word "self?"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well considering the major religions of the world are not allowing any new teachings by Jesus, and that Jesus never wrote anything down himself to begin with, I can honestly say, Jesus isn't teaching anymore.
Now with that being said, one could express interest in the teachings attributed to Jesus, now and in the future, and work to excel in understanding them, but it still requires the effort of that individual to do so. Something no religious organization will be able to do.
Self.
Thanks for responding!
~~~

You wrote

"Jesus never wrote anything down himself to begin with, I can honestly say, Jesus isn't teaching anymore."

SAY... NOT THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT

What are you going to do with the word of God that says....

2Co 3:1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?

2Co 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us,

written not with ink,

but

with the Spirit of the living God;

not in tables of stone,

but

in fleshy tables of the heart.

2Co 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>A drunken man staggers in to a Catholic church and wanders over to the confessional box.
He opens the door, sits down and says nothing. The bewildered priest waits for a few minutes, allowing the drunken man some time to collect his thoughts. Growing impatient, the priest coughs to attract his attention, but still the man says nothing.
The priest then knocks on the wall three times in a final attempt to get the man to speak. Finally, the drunk replies: "No use knockin' mate, there's no paper in this one either."
OH BOY!!!!! Now that's FUNNY!!!!! I spit my coffee out over my computer screen!!! That's a keeper! Cant wait to tell my friends that one! LOLOLOL

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
By the way, from your own perspective, have you been cleansed of all sin?
If you answer "YES" ... that means you believe you are perfect.
If you answer "NO" ... then I suggest you stop preaching at me, as it is quite obvious even from your own perception about your self that you still have much to learn before you can be perfect.
Silly people cling to silly religions.
Neither is correct. I am not perfect, BUT I am perfectly forgiven.
If you are perfectly forgiven by Jesus, then you ARE perfected. It can't BE both ways.

Silly dogmas.
Anthony MN

Excelsior, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Jethro, great post.
Not sure why you keep amening an avowed atheist.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

There is no way on earth I would believe that a god or gods would favor me simply because I believed in some nonsense taught by mortal ignorant men.

All that amounts to is self-favoritism.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way why would you answer a post meant for mercy ..
Do you think I know you as I know her
Don't pay any attention that person.It is obviously someone that is under a different name and likes to criticize people without being known...typical catholic..lol...Rose,thank you for the links.I am gonna order those books.!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme, Amen Amen. We the body of Christ, is the church.
God, is the head of the church always. God is above all things.
God Bless you. How are you doing health wise, is the medication helping you?? I think about you often , and your wife.
you have made it through some hard times, God has been with you all the way . Bible verse for you and your wife today.
"Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You."
My niece's lungs are still bleeding, she had half a one on each side remove a few years back.
She can't stop smoking, what a curse that habit is. I give God all the glory for delivering me from it.
Her condition I am sure has something to do with it, but her anxiety doesn't help .
So sorry to hear about your niece. We will keep her prayers.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you once again BELIEVE there is a god that favors only Catholics.
There isn't anything more to understand about how you change beliefs whenever the mood hits you.
Protestant first ... Catholic second ... flirted with Buddhism ... became an Atheist ... and now a born-again Catholic ... what next remains to be seen.
:)
what has a child of God to do with you.
You do not understand that he is talking about spiritual food.
Not the table scrapes that feed the body.
God's spiritual food is for the soul.

"
Matthew 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Did you think Christ came to give all his followers wealth and power in the world; “no,” says Christ,“I did not come with a view to give them peace; peace in heaven they may be sure of, but not peace on earth.” Christ came to give us peace with God, peace in our consciences, peace with our brethren, but in the world ye shall have tribulation. Note, They mistake the design of the gospel, who think their profession of it will secure them from, for it will certainly expose them to, trouble in this world. If all the world would receive Christ, there would then follow a universal peace, but while there are and will be so many that reject him (and those not only the children of this world, but the seed of the serpent), the children of God, that are called out of the world, must expect to feel the fruits of their enmity.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Elton John might yet have to eat his own words.

My guess is, the Catholic hierarchy is not going to support homosexuality or gay marriage as being ordained by "god."

They would have to admit that for centuries their attacks on, and slaughter OF homosexuals, were all in VAIN!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Pope Francis 'Man of the Year', says Vanity Fair

"Francis is a miracle of humility in an era of vanity," Elton John told the magazine.

The British singer and composer said he hoped that Francis's message would reach marginalised groups in society which "have a desperate need of his love", including homosexuals.

"The Pope seems to want to take the Church back to the old values of Christ and, at the same time, bring it into the 21st century," he said.

The singer, who has been in a civil partnership since 2005, said he hoped Francis could "reach out to children, women, men who live with HIV and Aids – often alone, and hidden away in silence." His praise for the Pope is perhaps surprising given the Vatican's uncompromising stance on issues such as gay marriage, women priests and married male clergy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Why anyone would have a "desperate" need of a god's love is a mystery to me.

When I was under the spell of religion, I believed that the god's love was unconditional for all humans, so I was never worried that I wouldn't be loved. NEVER!

Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
There is no way on earth I would believe that a god or gods would favor me simply because I believed in some nonsense taught by mortal ignorant men.
All that amounts to is self-favoritism.
Absolutely ridiculous.
You were brought up in religion. Religion is keeping a list of rules...do this ..don't do that... and believing by doing these, you have a relationship with God.

This is what you grew up with Grams as well as catholics, buddists, hindus. Which is why the way you are today.

Religion has never saved anything. So everytime you say religion is silly...I agree.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I implied the Orthodox committed terrible injustices against Catholics. That is no lie and I can give plenty of links if I wasn't on my phone.
The lie is for you and Herm to be so naive, that you would deny it.
Pope John Paul knew his apology to your Bishops wouldn't be returned. Perhaps they were as ignorant as you or they didn't want to publicly acknowledge that they could sin too.
I have never said that the Orthodox Church has never committed ANY sins...Ever! I have said that ANY CHURCH that does what YOUR church does is discusting!...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
Are you demonically influenced? After all, you continually point outward at people who are affiliated with other religions.
I point at NO PERSON. I tell all people (including you) that God's gift of salvation is available to those who choose to accept it.
The choice is yours...
KM
Self - no religion required.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

To believe that a god would allow hell or hells in his kingdom automatically creates fear and mistrust in the minds of the "faithful."

It can't BE any other way.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Naraka (nar a ka). In Hindu mythology and Buddhism, the place of torture for departed evil-doers. It consist of many kinds of hells, hot and cold.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you USE your religion as a threat to others, and a glorious promise of salvation for you.
I expect no less from you. I'm very familiar with the schemes of those in religion.
do you consider the law a threat to you or do you consider certain things reasonable, like don't drive drunk?

just as there are laws in society and laws in nature (gravity...etc) there are spiritual laws; i.e. don't drive drunk if you don't wanna hurt people and be incarcerated and don't jump off a cliff if you don't wanna break your neck.

sssoooo don't do the (spiritual) crime if you can't do the (spiritual/eternal) time - baretta & wasup.

no threat here, but just reasonable and fair warnings.

as a state trooper once said to me after giving me a warning for speeding - "a warning to the wise should be sufficient";)
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure why you keep amening an avowed atheist.
Because he spoke the truth from the Bible, something you know nothing about.
You call your self a Christian, and Jethro, an atheist yet he understands the bible better then you do.
I understand that he doesn't believe in a god,
your cruel with your words and don't care about who you hurt with you mean words.
Jethro isn't like that, I respect him as a person, very few people on here I can say that about.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Self has no control over which culture self is born into, so self can be taught anything and believe anything.
Why are you so hooked on that word "self?"
Correct - Self does not have any control for the life the person is born into, until.....the learning process begins.

...which - for the Self - and through the use of that learning process, will still make any changes tha go with or go against the "grain" of their life.

Unless you know of some other way that requires one to do the actions that they do.

Do you?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you USE your religion as a threat to others, and a glorious promise of salvation for you.
I expect no less from you. I'm very familiar with the schemes of those in religion.
and btw - SHAME ON YOU for encouraging people to live godless and wind up in a godless eternity!!!

you bad like a pimp and pusher, gurl, very very bad......

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I implied the Orthodox committed terrible injustices against Catholics. That is no lie and I can give plenty of links if I wasn't on my phone.
The lie is for you and Herm to be so naive, that you would deny it.
Pope John Paul knew his apology to your Bishops wouldn't be returned. Perhaps they were as ignorant as you or they didn't want to publicly acknowledge that they could sin too.
Clay Why do you first of all say I deny Orthodox wrong? That is not true. That is remaking history- saying. I said something that I did not.Then calling us ignorant and naive does not work with me either.Speak honestly to me about what I have said.Only then will I respond.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 444,981 - 445,000 of530,077
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••