Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681754 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461258 Jul 12, 2013
If a creator created the universe, the creator was there to service or punish all humans through all human history.

Just suppose that as some scientists claim, humans were on earth 40,000 years ago ... "that is just one estimate to make my point."

Christians believe that the creator never sent a legitimate savior to earth during all that time.

If that is true, then the creator didn't want humans to know about salvation until the last two thousand years.

That puts the creator in a position of absolute neglect of his own supposedly beloved humans, as for 38,000 of those years he left them without hope of any help whatsoever.

Religion is stupid!!!
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461259 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bl. John Paul didn't believe in the Quran. He kissed it out of respect to the Muslims who gave it to him as a gift.
Nor did he try to interpret it as Jethro does the Bible.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461260 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Having faith that others deserve hell and you deserve heaven probably is the same as having faith in the beliefs of other religions, as most of them DO believe that others deserve hell.
For instance Muslims teach that all others than Muslims will burn in hell ... and Christians teach that all others than Christians will burn in hell.
So your faith is valid and sadly in dire need of refreshment.
June:

I think I understand what you mean. And I agree.

The point is don't have faith in one's own beliefs,(or other's beliefs). I think doing so begins a process of idolatry in the mind. Various devotions/rituals arise to reinforce the strength, and a false self-confidence.

We all do it to some degree, and when we catch ourselves falling into that mode of thinking, generally it is because the conscience is disturbed, and one becomes aware that "something" is wrong. Generally speaking, I think it(idolatry) occurs most often when a person does things out of a bad habit, rather than spontaneously....

In similar fashion it is better to become congruent(psychologically speaking) to establish peace within oneself.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461261 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't an authority on truth, the bible or what makes a person a Christian, so your opinion of me is meaningless.
Jethro doesn't believe the bible. Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God?
Anthony, are you sure you want to cross paths with me again.

You are not an authority on the Bible either Anthony, I have never claimed to been.
You do not believe the bible either , even though you say your religion gave us the Holy Scripture .
Why does your church discourage people from reading God's Holy Word Anthony, when Jesus told us to search the Holy Scriptures .
Isn't that going against God???
Everything Jesus told us to do the catholic church says not to do.
He told you not to build idols your church's are full of them, Jesus said to pray to god alone in His Holy Name you say to pray to Mary and other dead saints.
to add insult to injury the statues of Mary, are large while the idol who is suppose to be Jesus is a baby small and helpless
Except the one on the Popes staff, it depict Jesus as a corpse, rotting and decayed.
Jesus knew not decay, just like the Bible says .Acts 2: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#461262 Jul 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all!! I/we as Catholics will leave the "enslavement and bondage" to you Protestant "fundies" that has infected and polluted your bible only half-truth, half-heresy 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent (personal opinionated) beliefs!!!
Been there --and done that for over 35 years! It is ALL YOURS!! You CAN HAVE IT!......... I'll continue to remain with 2000 years of the PROVEN Historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church----which is the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the Eucharist!!
Many Protestants are becoming Catholics. Great is the spirit of deception that is enveloping the globe. Just another sign of the times.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461263 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did your pope when kiss the Quran? Islam rejects Christ as the Son of God.
Yes Chuck Anthony's Pope did kiss the Quran.
John Paul also worshipped Mary., He told people to go to her instead of Jesus.
Jesus is the Savior and light of the world not Mary,
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461264 Jul 12, 2013
Even if as the creationists believe, that humans have only been on earth for six thousand years ... that would mean for the first four thousand years (according to Christians) the creator chose not to give any other group of believers a REAL savior.

By clinging to such a belief, Christians depict the god as a bungling vindictive idiot.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461265 Jul 12, 2013
who="Hermeneutics Smutics"I love that verse. I was not aware of that. I will commit it to heart and it will give me much peace.I am improving.Praise God!May Christ and His Angels cover your Niece with their peace and blessings.Christ was with me long before I knew what a Church was.Christ was with me before I knew Him.Thanks again for the verse.This may just be my favorite.

Good thinking. God's Word is true and POWERFUL. It is alive. He revealed Psalms 73:26 to me: "My flesh and my heart fail: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."

He has kept me for many years with those words.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461266 Jul 12, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
In similar fashion it is better to become congruent(psychologically speaking) to establish peace within oneself.
And you do so by believing that others deserve hell while you deserve heaven.

Sickening belief.

#461267 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you are feeling better ..you and Sera,are such great examples .
What you said ...you are right..I did not find Him in any church.
I learned about Him as A,Catholic .
But found Him as He spoke into my soul..on my knees in my own bedroom..
No candles..No statues. Just a confluence of things drawing me close.
And after many years when I was going my own way ..sinning ...
Who would wan5 such as me ..THE SPIRIT calls ...And calls ...And by Gods mercy we are able to a answer ...because He thinks I matter to Him .
How great is that!!!!! Amazing Grace indeed..
~~~

Thank you for you testimony

Amazing Grace

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promis’d good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shinning as the sun;
We've no less days to sing God's praise,
Than when we first begun.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461268 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you cut the poetic bullsh*t and give me a straight-fore-word yes or no answer to my question.
Do you believe as an Atheist I will go to hell Robert?
Be careful how you answer that question.
If you answer "Yes" ... it will mean that you do believe a god favors Catholics.
And if you answer "No" ... it will mean that you believe being a Catholic is of no benefit to believers.
June:

Actually, last night, I read your question, but was to tired to give an answer....

I am sorry if I disappoint you, but I hope if not now, then in the future you might understand my response.

It is part of my beliefs that I do not judge others. And so what you are asking me to do is to judge you. I am not qualified.

I think you, as everyone tries to apply their ethical standards in as correct a fashion as they understand. So the question remains are they correct enough for God? And that is between you and God.

Most people have this innate sense of searching for the Truth, and until they find it, they are not at peace within themselves. Yes, there are temporary truths we find along the journey in life, and these are small consolations, which are like shade in the hot sun....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461269 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the creator cared so little for humans, he waited until the last two thousand years to send a savior to earth to instruct humans how to believe and how to behave so they could be "saved" from eternal misery?

Do you really think that LITTLE of the supposed creator?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461270 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bl. John Paul didn't believe in the Quran. He kissed it out of respect to the Muslims who gave it to him as a gift.
You and Clay never let me down. From now on I will address you and Clay as the Spin Brothers. lol

He showed respect for those who reject Christ. Kissing is a sign of affection.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461271 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Thank you for you testimony
Amazing Grace
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!
Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promis’d good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine.
When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shinning as the sun;
We've no less days to sing God's praise,
Than when we first begun.
I love that song. Wish I could sing ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461273 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
He has kept me for many years with those words.
KayMarie
You have bonded yourself to that self-serving system of belief.

There are many systems of belief in other religions, but you are not bonded to them so you vilify them.

#461274 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not an authority on the Bible either Anthony, I have never claimed to been.
You do not believe the bible either , even though you say your religion gave us the Holy Scripture .
Why does your church discourage people from reading God's Holy Word Anthony, when Jesus told us to search the Holy Scriptures .
He told you not to build idols your church's are full of them, Jesus said to pray to god alone in His Holy Name you say to pray to Mary and other dead saints.
to add insult to injury the statues of Mary, are large while the idol who is suppose to be Jesus is a baby small and helpless
Except the one on the Popes staff, it depict Jesus as a corpse, rotting and decayed.
Jesus knew not decay, just like the Bible says .Acts 2: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Amen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461275 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Clay never let me down. From now on I will address you and Clay as the Spin Brothers.
Religion is all about the spinning of words for self-gratification.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461276 Jul 12, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does that matter? Here is the Spin Brother's post: Jethro doesn't believe the bible. Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God?

Jethro doesn't believe the bible - and either do muslims

Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God - why would the pope kiss a book of those who reject Christ.

Want me to add your name to the Spin Brothers? lolol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461277 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of charity I avoid commenting on your feeble-minded and ignorant posts to spare you the embarrassment. I'll usually only address you when you're either attacking me or throwing out another whopper of a lie about the Catholic Church.

I am not an authority. The Catholic Church is. All I do is correct your errors regarding the Catholic faith and history.

I do believe in the bible. It is historical fact that the only reason protestants even have a bible is because of the Catholic Church. I don't believe in your version of the bible, especially because you have no authority to teach the bible and also because you are barely literate and are a menace to biblical truth.

The Catholic Church never, ever discouraged people from reading the bible, they only discouraged people from reading BAD TRANSLATIONS of the bible.

We have no idols in our Churches.

We don't pray TO Mary or the saints, we ask them to pray to Jesus for us.

We show Jesus on the cross to remind us of His sacrifice and because St. Paul said we are to preach Him crucified.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461278 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that the creator cared so little for humans, he waited until the last two thousand years to send a savior to earth to instruct humans how to believe and how to behave so they could be "saved" from eternal misery?
Do you really think that LITTLE of the supposed creator?
Hello, June, how are you?

We had a power outage yesterday....wasn't able to get online.

Glad to see you're still hanging in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web