Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693262 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461239 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God's love is unconditional June; He sent His son to die for you.
According to the Christian religion, if I don't believe in his son, I will end up in hell.

I suggest you stop trying to change your religion into full-blown love.

It doesn't work!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#461240 Jul 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
No Church is as old as God.We better quickly learn that we are unworthy and should never ever compare our church to God in any way other than that our churches and the people in them are not fit to tie the sandals of the Christ.
THE CHURCH -->UNDER GRACE<-- WAS ESTABLISHED THROUGH/BY THE SUFFERINGS DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST..
It came forth with Him from the tomb of the law of sin and death...
Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
About Pentecost... Jesus said the Church would be empowered...
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
The Church UNDER GRACE (as we know it) defined in Greek...
G1577
&#949;&#787;&#954; &#954;&#955;&#951; &#963;&#953;&#769; &#945;
ekkle&#772;sia
ek-klay-see'-ah
From a compound of G1537 and a derivative of G2564; a calling out, that is,(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):- assembly, church.
THE CHURCH AS GOD KNOWS IT..
SION
G4622
&#931;&#953;&#969; &#769;&#957;
Sio&#772;n
see-own'
Of Hebrew origin [H6726]; Sion (that is, Tsijon), a hill of Jerusalem; figuratively the Church (militant or triumphant):- Sion.
THE CHURCH UNDER THE OLD COVENANT
ZION
H6726
&#1510;&#1497;&#14 68;&#1493;&#1503;
ts&#305;&#770;yo&# 770;n
tsee-yone'
The same (regular) as H6725; Tsijon (as a permanent capital), a mountain of Jerusalem:- Zion.
Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation, a stone - a precious cornerstone. Isa 28.
Other foundation can no man lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 3.
Original; AROSE; as FROM the foundation of the worlds..
1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
NOTE
1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained
before
the foundation of the world,
but was manifest in these last times for you,
1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of
the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
THE CHURCH DID NOT START IN MATTHEW 16:17-21..
iT IS AS OLD AS GOD IS...
Thank you for the correction, my friend.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#461241 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>So sorry to hear about your niece. We will keep her prayers.
Thank you Sere, I am so glad your sweety is doing good.:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461242 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't an authority on truth, the bible or what makes a person a Christian, so your opinion of me is meaningless.
Jethro doesn't believe the bible. Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God?
Why did your pope when kiss the Quran? Islam rejects Christ as the Son of God.
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#461243 Jul 12, 2013
Tempest wrote:
<quoted text>You have never told me anything.
www.scribd.com/doc/152453059.. .
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#461244 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#461245 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't an authority on truth, the bible or what makes a person a Christian, so your opinion of me is meaningless.
Jethro doesn't believe the bible. Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God?
Tony said: "Jethro doesn't believe the bible" - either do Muslims

Tony said: "Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God" - why would your pope kiss a book that is from those who reject His Son?

I guess you're busted Tony...no?
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#461246 Jul 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUE CHURCH that Jesus initiated, established and formed in Matthew 16 is confirmed in Acts 2, was a heirarchical, authoritative and visible Church with Bishops, priests, elders and deacons and its was referred to as "CATHOLIC" as stated by Ignatius in a letter (057AD)..The Apostles of Jesus who taught, led and directed the Churches beginning with the 1st Church in Antioch were Bishops! The Greek word for "Church" is "ecclesia" which refers to the visible, heirarchical, authoritative Church, NOT and invisible, ethereal body of believers (loosely) connected by faith in the bible alone!...... Your "bible only" (man-made Protestant religion was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It has "absolutely --no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth to back up ANY of "relative truth" beliefs. It is NOTHING but a extention of the Protestant Reformation that has over 42,000 contradicting and conflicting "hodge-podge" of inconsistent interpretations of the bible...... AS USUAL CONFRINTING, you continue to "distort" the truth of the bible with the same old "self-interpretating lies",(making up whatever you (hope) that you can "get away with"--- deceiving others as you deceive yourself, as you "continue" to remain on the outside of the TRUTH --always looking in---at Jesus Christs One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, which has been historically and biblically PROVEN,(consistently)(for over 2000 years).
www.scribd.com/doc/149235714 ...
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461247 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not on a road to self-discovery. You have simply re-joined a Catholic religious cult that you previously left behind and at one time believed was based on lies.
June:

You are such a supportive optimist!(sarcasm intended.)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461248 Jul 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way how is Herme doing..It's great that you do this together.
What a blessing ..I hope you BOTH enjoy those books!!!
God keep you both
hermi is doing much better! We do everything together! He is my bestest friend lol.I would be lost without him!!!His illness has taught me a lot and we both are grateful to God and to our friends for all the love and prayers during his illness and in the future.I look forward to chatting with you more and God Bless You!!!!( gotta trim a bunch of bushes now)lol
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#461249 Jul 12, 2013
Tempest wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church was started by Christ. The True Presence in the Eucharist.
www.scribd.com/doc/149235714 ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#461250 Jul 12, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Sere, I am so glad your sweety is doing good.:)
He is doing great!It is a slow process but we will get there!! God Bless you!!!!
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#461251 Jul 12, 2013
Tempest wrote:
<quoted text>What are you posting? Can't understand anything you post.
The simplicity in Christ's salvation: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#461252 Jul 12, 2013
No Church is as old as God.We better quickly learn that we are unworthy and should never ever compare our church to God in any way other than that our churches and the people in them are not fit to tie the sandals of the Christ.

THE BIBLE SAYS

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,

not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ,

as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

-->NOTE WHO THE BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS ARE IN CHRIST JESUS

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us,

who knew no sin;

-->that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. <---

The above took place in the fulfillment of the prophecy

of

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

-->the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.<--

When we receive/acknowledge the fact that God ... laid on him the iniquity of us all...

we become born again...

Joh_3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh_3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1Pe_1:23 Being born again,

not of corruptible seed,

but of incorruptible,

by the word of God,

which liveth and abideth for ever.
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#461253 Jul 12, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They only "love" the imaginary Jews that they believe "service" them in a hereafter.
Still stuck in your sin nature, I see. Surrender all unto Jesus Christ before it is too late:
www.scribd.com/doc/3132017 ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#461254 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>I love that verse. I was not aware of that. I will commit it to heart and it will give me much peace.I am improving.Praise God!May Christ and His Angels cover your Niece with their peace and blessings.Christ was with me long before I knew what a Church was.Christ was with me before I knew Him.Thanks again for the verse.This may just be my favorite.
Hope you are feeling better ..you and Sera,are such great examples .

What you said ...you are right..I did not find Him in any church.

I learned about Him as A,Catholic .

But found Him as He spoke into my soul..on my knees in my own bedroom..

No candles..No statues. Just a confluence of things drawing me close.

And after many years when I was going my own way ..sinning ...

Who would wan5 such as me ..THE SPIRIT calls ...And calls ...And by Gods mercy we are able to a answer ...because He thinks I matter to Him .

How great is that!!!!! Amazing Grace indeed..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461255 Jul 12, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony said: "Jethro doesn't believe the bible" - either do Muslims
Tony said: "Why would you amen someone who talks about God but doesn't believe in God" - why would your pope kiss a book that is from those who reject His Son?
I guess you're busted Tony...no?
Bl. John Paul didn't believe in the Quran. He kissed it out of respect to the Muslims who gave it to him as a gift.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461257 Jul 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have never said that the Orthodox Church has never committed ANY sins...Ever! I have said that ANY CHURCH that does what YOUR church does is discusting!...
http://pokrov.org/display.asp...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461258 Jul 12, 2013
If a creator created the universe, the creator was there to service or punish all humans through all human history.

Just suppose that as some scientists claim, humans were on earth 40,000 years ago ... "that is just one estimate to make my point."

Christians believe that the creator never sent a legitimate savior to earth during all that time.

If that is true, then the creator didn't want humans to know about salvation until the last two thousand years.

That puts the creator in a position of absolute neglect of his own supposedly beloved humans, as for 38,000 of those years he left them without hope of any help whatsoever.

Religion is stupid!!!
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#461259 Jul 12, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Bl. John Paul didn't believe in the Quran. He kissed it out of respect to the Muslims who gave it to him as a gift.
Nor did he try to interpret it as Jethro does the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 9 Apostolic of another 10,701
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
More from around the web