Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683930 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#461019 Jul 11, 2013
However ... the newest new age religion is that of the modernized Pagans which started with the beliefs of those such as the acclaimed "father of Wicca" Gerald Gardner ... a homophobe who shared information from on high that the goddess curses homosexuals.

The bi-sexual Alex Sanders and his gang changed the goddess over into one who loves everybody ... and with that transformation ... Wicca became the rage of the new age.

Religion is very silly in deed!
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461020 Jul 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>come on, Robert. deal with those posts that you made never thinking that they would be revealed..
HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT JESUS WHEN YOU DONT EVEN BELEIVE IN A god?
Preston:

I just did respond to them....

How many god/gods do you have in your mind?

This is how I can talk about Jesus, because I love Him, and I know He loves me. And I love everyone..., yes, even you....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461021 Jul 11, 2013
An admittance from a relatively honest theologian.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The tendency to claim God as an ally for our partisan value and ends is the source of all religious fanaticism.

Reinhold Niebuhr ... theologian
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461022 Jul 11, 2013
Religious preachers pretending to have "answers" always had to be vocal about KNOWING, or who would believe that a god motivated them to speak???

You will see the lies that in your religious fervor you idolize ... but you will see only when you choose to see.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book "The Comfortable Pew," by Pierre Berton comes the following....... Published in 1965.

Varieties of answers were given, many of which suggested that the clergymen in question had no real understanding of the meaning of the word "outcast" in its Christian context.(Among the "outcasts" mentioned as groups were "those happy on welfare," "newly rich," "unacademic teenagers," "common-law wives," "early school dropouts," "women who work and don't need to," "low-income families with low standards of morals" and even "tax collectors.")
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461023 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are also included in that comedy of religious whack-a-mole.
Actually we designed the game :O)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461024 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how I can talk about Jesus, because I love Him, and I know He loves me. And I love everyone..., yes, even you....
:)

The ones that Catholic theologians promise will burn in hell are of a "sinister" interest to you Robert.

You in a lackadaisical attitude want them to join you in heaven, is the so choose ... but you know that it's not possible ... so instead you thank that Jew that you hope and pray favors YOU!

You are see-through Robert.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461025 Jul 11, 2013
if they so choose
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461026 Jul 11, 2013
Robert loves his Catholic-teachings of heaven and hell.

Heaven for Robert and hell for all those poor little children of Muslims and Hindus and Buddhist and Agnostics and Atheists et cetera who were taught by parents not to believe in Jesus and will be punished in hell for eternity by the insane, invisible, imaginary god of Robert F's love.

Sick people and their ultra-sick religions.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#461027 Jul 11, 2013
youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
you going to say the same thing about the next pope too? there only ordinary people running a business.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461028 Jul 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we designed the game :O)
Religion is your game, and you will play it as long as you are convinced it will bring you bliss in an afterlife.

Whether you deserve bliss at all is a matter of opinion.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461029 Jul 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
... And btw fraud. I will gladly testify to my pass. And I will gladly take the ridicule and spit from the likes of you in the same manner Jesus Christ took it from the Scribes and Pharisees.
My journey: 0-14 yrs raised Catholic.
14-18 - still believed in God, but loved partying more.
18-23yrs - didn't really care if there was a God. I probably was agnostic. But didn't give much thought either way. Two stints in jail, found a wife, and starting looking towards Christ.
23-25 yrs consulted with Jehovah's, Evangelicals, Lutherans, Methodist and everybody in between.
25- 28 yrs reluctantly pulled into Catholicism because you guys required way to much stupidity to accept your brand of the Bible. And as I stated earlier, I caught you guys lying about the catholic faith way too much.
28-38 yrs I've had to many encounters with Christ thru the Holy Eucharist and faith is as strong as ever.
Clay:

Its great to take a self-inventory and to be transparent in publishing it.

Most of the time, we expose our sins, and sinfulness, and the past is done. But in that process we face some of the demons we fed, and the deeper we go, we might find bigger demons. It is a chilling view at times, but it also aids us in turning from them.

But how does one get to the top of the mountain, if one is not willing to climb? How does one get to Gethsemane, and Golgotha without their cross, upon which to be crucified with Christ?

It is a simple thing to declare oneself a Christian, and to believe in Christ, but more difficult to practice being a Christian....

usa

#461030 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you wouldn't be even close to the first one that believed they were partnering up with a god.
Religion equates to mentally ingesting words from one of those many "holy books" that in turn motivates you to preach. And with that new and thrilling self-perceived "advantage over others" ... you'll be on your way to wherever you allow the words to take you.
yes I would be preaching, stay away from phony organized religion. and never bend over around a priest, that will $4.95 tax included, cash only.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461031 Jul 11, 2013
Most Catholics through history "spit" on Jews as filthy heretics, deserving of ONLY torture and death.

The only Jews they feigned to idolize were imaginary.

Isn't THAT something to think about???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461032 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Robert loves his Catholic-teachings of heaven and hell.
Heaven for Robert and hell for all those poor little children of Muslims and Hindus and Buddhist and Agnostics and Atheists et cetera who were taught by parents not to believe in Jesus and will be punished in hell for eternity by the insane, invisible, imaginary god of Robert F's love.
Sick people and their ultra-sick religions.
Being consumed with hatred and envy is unhealthy June. Is there something about your life you're not sharing with us?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461033 Jul 11, 2013
If he had so many devout believers in his words, I wonder why those who supported "Jesus" didn't rescue him before he was crucified on the supposed cross???

Had they done that, there would have been no Christian religion. NONE whatsoever.

Christians needed that Jew to be crucified for their flamboyant stories to take hold and start a break-away religion totally foreign to Judaism.

The idea that a faithful Jew would willingly leave Judaism is totally silly.

usa

#461034 Jul 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a comedy whatching them play ecclesiatical whack-a-mole with each other. Jesus speaks directly to preston the prophet and preston says marge, Old Jughead and Oxbore are not Christian and aren't saved. The same three say the Holy Spirit inspires them to all truth and they are saved no matter what preston says. Little does preston know that his name calling and obstreperous behaviour will get him into just as much trouble with the Lord as these other clowns.
you would be right if you could prove a lord existed, can you? undeniable proof?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461035 Jul 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Being consumed with hatred and envy is unhealthy June. Is there something about your life you're not sharing with us?
Then why do hate Allah and try to dethrone him???

Silly one!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#461036 Jul 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>yes I would be preaching, stay away from phony organized religion. and never bend over around a priest, that will $4.95 tax included, cash only.
Priests also molested girls and nuns molested girls and boys.

Your inference that priests only molested boys causes homosexuals to be brutalized, and I don't appreciate that agenda.

Homosexuals are NOT pedophiles. That is two totally different mind-sets.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#461037 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is your game, and you will play it as long as you are convinced it will bring you bliss in an afterlife.
Whether you deserve bliss at all is a matter of opinion.
Ok, so you prefer to wallow in anger and resentment. How's your family life June?
Human Being

Basile, LA

#461038 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were humble, you would admit you don't even know if a god exists.
June:

Correction:

If I were in denial or confused( by any reason), then I would admit I don't know if a god exists.

However, I know God exists.

And so does everyone else.

Probably the only exception is when one does not know they exist, which is hard for me to fathom such a miserable and despairing state, although many seek(desire) it.

The question may for you arise then, if one seeks non-existence, does God allow them this desire, in order to make the "happy"? Or is it that God allows them a self-deception?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... 22 hr misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web