Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

chuck

Ashburn, VA

#460733 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god has the power to not send souls to hell ... but he takes away that freedom and overrules with his own vicious will.
Your imaginary god is a bully and has no mercy or sense of forgiveness for those who are weakened by the sin that he perpetrated when he chose at first to create Adam and Eve knowing they would be sinners.
You are hooked on stupidity.
You still don`t get it. God says accept it or reject it. Accept you go here...reject it you go here.

No mercy for those who are weakened by sin..most ignorant response yet Grams. That is why Christ sacrificed His life on the cross. That is mercy you idiot.

Keep the ignorance coming. I enjoy reading them.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460734 Jul 10, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the one we should be worshiping ..obviously He left his,family. To go out and preach
That does nit mean that it is nit Christian Teaching that she is HIS MOTHER..out of David ..his descendant ..
And she followed Him yo the Cross..literally washed in His blood .
RoSesz:

You are quite right. We should be thankfully worshipping Jesus.

But consider for a moment, Jesus did not leave his family by going out to preach, but in search of His Lost Bride....

And He showed the world to what length He went, to die on the Cross, for His Bride.

This is how much God loves us....

Can we not do the same for Him?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#460735 Jul 10, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay it on me sister - what is the "Truth"?
While you are explaining, can you also fill in the blanks on these other questions?
"What is the Church?"
"What are the qualifications of a Christian?"
"Why do you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught?"
"Why do you only believe in less than six of the original 13 Apostles?"
"Why is there more 'Paul' teachings in the Bible, instead of more from Jesus?"

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#460736 Jul 10, 2013
More words from Robert F page 67

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592 ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

One more, and one more, and one more, etc.

How many more chances are we going give god to make things right?

Robert

Smithers, Canada

#460737 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don`t get it. God says accept it or reject it.
Your imaginary god says "If you don't accept that I exist and worship me, you WILL burn in hell for eternity."

There is NO free will in that attitude and you KNOW it!

The whole of theology is ridiculous!
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#460738 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Jesus get baptized, if he was without sin?
You obviously know the answer. So you just answered your own question as well.
To identify Himself with sinners.

Smithers, Canada

#460739 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
But consider for a moment, Jesus did not leave his family by going out to preach, but in search of His Lost Bride....
And He showed the world to what length He went, to die on the Cross, for His Bride.
You took the easy route and became slovenly lazy in the idea that a Jew would do your work for you and waltz you off to bliss in an afterlife.

Pathetic creature!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460740 Jul 10, 2013
why are the catholics on here silent when it comes to Robert .look at this post from him. where he says there may be a soul.

BUT NOT NECESSARILY A god.
Robert F

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

June VanDerMark wrote:

You see Robert, a short while back, I also believed that there was a God of love that permeated all of creation. Now, I don't place such a title as "love" in connection with the word god. The word "god" now irritates me. And I guess that is for the simple reason, that if this god exists, he/she/it has done a hell of a poor job of taking care of not only the human animal, but all of the other animals that do not (in my opinion) deserve to suffer.
If I was all powerful, and of a humane nature, I would never have allowed suffering to exist in the first place.
Something is very wrong with the whole picture that has been painted by theologians and preachers of so-called truth.
Many people would call me an Atheist, but as of yet, that is not true. I believe there is something that carries on beyond death, but even within my belief, I can't explain if, and where it ends. But I believe that it is invisible to our currant state of being.
I am not at all afraid that I will ultimately become an Atheist, because I don't relate to the idea that belief in a deity is necessary, much less commanded through fear. I reckon we have brains to use in the search for what is our inherent right, and that IS ... comfort in our own beliefs TO search, to question, and to never falter through fear WHILE we search.
If this so-called god is a vengeful maniac, then "he" is not ever, under any circumstances worth my investment of trust.
And if "he" is all divine love, then he has to be in a zombie-like state of inaction, or "he" would do something to change the never-ending suffering ... so "he" is, at any rate, in my opinion, USELESS.
Maybe there never was a god. Maybe we are on our own to rise to a higher state of functioning by caring for each other just as we are. Maybe we are to learn that we are just lowly animals, and not so high and mighty after all.
I never did figure I was better than any of the other animals, so these thoughts are not new to me.
I would appreciate other people's beliefs on this issue..........
lol....USELESS. What a word to use in the case of a man-made god....I like it....

I hate to disagree with you, so I won't. I am in near perfect agreement with you except that I don't equate an "eternal soul" with there necessarily being a god. In that way there rests the responsibility toward a greater degree of leading a moral life for the individual. If not, then the resolution of good and evil, seems to rest outside the human condition. And I don't think that is true.

Also you may be closer to being an atheist than you think....For me that is not an insult, just an observation....

Smithers, Canada

#460741 Jul 10, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
To identify Himself with sinners.
How silly can you get???

Within the Catholic theology Jesus was supposed to be perfect and show others HOW to be perfect.

He was more perfect than John the Baptist who supposedly baptized Jesus.

Ridiculous blather.

Location hidden

#460742 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Mr. Ad Hominem....take it easy....Your biology theory blew up, get over it.
Why did Jesus get baptized, if he was without sin?
You obviously know the answer. So you just answered your own question as well.
how does an atheist like you know very much about Biology. and if it was blown up, who did it? certainly not a fake like you.lol

I love it that June has blown your cover.

why is reggie silent, is it because you stand against Christians just as she does?
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#460743 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your imaginary god says "If you don't accept that I exist and worship me, you WILL burn in hell for eternity."
There is NO free will in that attitude and you KNOW it!
The whole of theology is ridiculous!
The government says pay your taxes or go to jail. If you don't pay your taxes and you go to jail who`s fault is it..government?

Still the ignorance Grams..keep posting I love reading them.
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#460744 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly can you get???
Within the Catholic theology Jesus was supposed to be perfect and show others HOW to be perfect.
He was more perfect than John the Baptist who supposedly baptized Jesus.
Ridiculous blather.
Don't care about catholic theology...I ain't catholic.

Still the ignorance

Location hidden

#460745 Jul 10, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
come on, Robert. deal with those posts that you made never thinking that they would be revealed..

HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT JESUS WHEN YOU DONT EVEN BELEIVE IN A god?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460746 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't, as that would show lack of humility to those of us who believe you are religiously vain.
But on the other hand, if you are NOT perfect, then your belief in Jesus didn't take away your sins, and Jesus died in VAIN.
And if you are still drenched in sin, why are you preaching at others how we should live a sin-free life?
Silly people!
They don;t have to believe they are perfect. They simply have to believe they are better than everyone else. "God loves me and hates you". The "favorite child" delusion.
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#460747 Jul 10, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"if you believe in the U.S., but don't agree with its leaders, then that does not mean you are unpatriotic, rather it suggests the opposite, that you are patriotic, and willing to take a stand."
There is a vast difference....
agreeing with antichrist teaching puts your soul at risk...
THE BIBLE SAYS...
2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers:
for what fellowship hath righteousness
with unrighteousness? and
what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or
what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?
for ye are the temple of the living God;
as God hath said,
I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and
be ye separate, saith the Lord, and
touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and
ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
confronting

I understand what you imply, because of your world-view, you project this out to the world.(It is in our nature for us communicate from our heart and mind)

Consider for a moment if Jesus did not go out to seek his followers(his Bride).... Would the Bride have found Jesus?

I think not....

So is there a difference between You and Your Soul?
Your world-view, and You?

It is a double-sword that cuts down to the bone.(Hebrews 4:12), so we need to be careful, and caring how we use the Word. It cuts both ways.

Location hidden

#460748 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I find it very difficult to believe that a child raised as a Methodist would grow up to join Catholicism ... then become an Atheist, to later join Catholicism once again.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
Usually people go back to the religions of their childhood, not back to the second religion to which they belonged.
there is no difference between being an atheist and Catholicism.

they neither worship the Living God.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#460749 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I also enjoy the parts of nature that offer pleasure to my emotions. But the suffering of all forms of life that must occur to allow survival of the fittest must not be overlooked and pooh-poohed as nothing of importance, as that is what is more common than is the beauty.
And suffering is the part that makes me believe there is no creator. My conscience alerts me that if I had all the power in my control I would put an instance end to suffering ... period!
All that would be left would be joy.
I agree, i'd do the same thing, it gets tiring going out an having to keep one eye in front of you and one behind you and your not allowed to defend yourself without getting into trouble.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#460750 Jul 10, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does your anger come from? Growing in the home? Why are atheists always seem mad?
I am angry that our American education system is so awful it still produces mental midgets like you

BTW, I m not an atheist. In fact, I am probably a better "Christian" than most of your ilk.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#460751 Jul 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Free will within religion is a total embarrassment. In the first place, I would not have wanted to be created if I had a choice and knew ahead of time that I would have to suffer. If I had a choice I would have said "No thank you!"
And it goes downhill from there.
Within the Christian mythology, the god created Adam and Eve knowing they were going to fall short of his mark of perfection. How silly is THAT? They had no free will. And when our parents had sex, because the god supposedly created sex, we had no free will when we were born.
It's ridiculous nonsense.
and this god went way out of his way to start world war 2 so my German mother could meet my Iowa farm boy father.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#460752 Jul 10, 2013
If there really is any such thing as "one, true religion", does that mean all those who don't belong to it are going to hell?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 9,184
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr Jaimie 84,074
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... 12 hr Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed 12 hr W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... 22 hr tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) 23 hr JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Fri Tom Jones 1
More from around the web