Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646544 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#460970 Jul 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
...2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
THEY ARE A NEW (creatures)SPECIES.
THEY ARE SON'S OF GOD.
I/we as Catholics have seen "nothing" since you have been on this forum, as an example for ANY OF US, to indicate that you (fit) the description "A NEW (creature) SPECIES---as SONS OF GOD!!-"Old things are passed away, all things are become new"!
You have done NOTHING but judge, condemn and attack the personal faith and Salvation of other Christians especially Catholics. I repeat: listen to your wife KayMarie!! She is the "only true Christian" in your family!!!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#460971 Jul 11, 2013
So it seems that Christians DO believe that the one and only god is extremely UNJUST!

They believe that this god was so low in his character, that he deprived those in all other religions of truth by allowing liars to compile words in all of the other proclaimed holy books ... and that "god" made sure that ONLY Christians received truth in their bibles!

They worship this supposed god of sleazy character "simply" because it's a trade-off for the high and mighty privilege of personalized SALVATION.

Meanwhile, the Muslims and those of all other religions that depend on words in THEIR so-called holy books have the same opinions concerning their own favoritism attitudes.

Those in religions are nothing but scammers in god-garb!!!
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460972 Jul 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
News Flash!!!!! Fruits are neither philosophical nor biological!!!!
Oxbow:

Fruits can be categorized. If not, then they don't exist.

Check out Aristotle's "Category".

If you can't categorize a fruit, then maybe you are a fruitcake, without knowing it?(smile)

I lost you in philosophy, I will keep searching, maybe in humor?(smile)
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#460973 Jul 11, 2013
who="Clay "
Hey Tony, do not listen to these self proclaimed Ministers or Deacons. They act nothing like the Christ they claim to follow.
If you're gay, then know that there are plenty of heterosexuals who are equivalent to homosexuals.
By that, I mean we misuse the gift of sex just like every other human being. We are all sinners.
Old G Is a nobody. He is just a man with a highlighted KJV who thinks he's an authority on scripture. The world has seen plenty of these guys.
Are you saying that it's OK to misuse the gift?
KayMarie
My post said heterosexuals misuse the gift of sex just like homosexuals.
Who's sin is greater? The guy who has sex with another man, or the guy who has sex with 3 different woman in a week??

So no Kay, misusing the gift of sex is not ok- whether you do it with the same sex, solo, or multiple partners or any partners of the same sex outside the sacrament of Marriage.

Prince George, Canada

#460974 Jul 11, 2013
On earth

"God inspired men of high morals to write truth ONLY in my bible!"

"OH no he didn't! He inspired men of high morals to write truth ONLY in my Qur'an!"

"You are both wrong! The gods inspired truthful words ONLY through the thought processes of honorable Hindus in the Vedas."

Meanwhile in the sky ... the birds are singing their own songs.

Prince George, Canada

#460975 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
If you can't categorize a fruit, then maybe you are a fruitcake, without knowing it?(smile)
Anyone can philosophize to their own credits.

How are your prophesying skills coming along Robert?

When you were an Atheist you believed all religion was bunk. Now you believe the words in a bible will take you to a heaven to spend eternity with a Jew.

Woe is YOU!

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460976 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow:
Go hiss at one of your own....he will hiss back at you...enjoy...
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#460977 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Since you are a idolator and worship icons images and statues
Blah Blah Blah.

Go falsely accuse someone else you bitter ol fella.

I've never worshipped a statue in my life.

.... And I KNOW you believe me. That's what's sad. But you obviously need to stoop to bearing false witness so you can justify your war against the Catholic Church.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460978 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
More words from Robert F ... page 63
Were you truthful back then Robert, or are you truthful now?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
In a similar way, the Bible is a very, very long book full of contradictions, which makes it easy to pick and choose which doctrines to follow, and then change, and adapt them to keep pace with the society in which it is practiced....
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...
June:

I am guilty of an over-generalization, and over-simplification here, stating the Bible was full of contradictions. Rather perhaps more true, is that people are full of contradictions, and read that into the Bible....

Still, quite true, people tend to cherry-pick the Bible, and read into it, what they want to see. It is a lack of preciseness with language and communication related to understanding, conceptualizing, and expression.

You do it all the time!

Uh-oh, we share something in common besides being on the same planet. Sounds like a serious problem when we "sort-of" agree! Don't you think?(smiles)
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#460979 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WHAT THE APOSTLES TAUGHT..
THE BIBLE RECORDS THE TRUTH..AND TRUTH CAN BE MEASURED BY IT.
THE BIBLE SAYS...
Where in the bible does its say that ALL TRUTH can be measured ONLY by what the bible says!!! You have "made this up" just like you do in the majority of the distorted comments that you make, Confrinting!!
There is NOTHING written in the bible or recorded in over 2000 years of TRUE Apostolic Church History that has ANY TRUTH to what you claim!! The Apostles taught in the Early Church,(without a bible)---by word of mouth and tradition) handed down to them, be Jesus HIMSELF-----beginning with Our Lords first Church in Antioch! Then Corinth, then Galatia, then Ephesus, then Philippi, then Colossus, then Thessalonica and on and on----BEFORE the bible was even written in 397 AD.....By WHO???? The Early Church Fathers who interpreted the letters, documents, manuscripts and parchments from the Apostles!!!...Get a TRUE Church History lesson, Confrinting, instead of (making up your own version of history) by quoting (or better yet misquoting) a bunch of "relative truth" interpretations of the bible---that have "CONFRINTING EDITORIALIZED PERSONAL OPINIONS" (written ALL over them)........The fact is Confrinting, that we as Catholic ALL KNOW that you would NEVER, put aside your "pride, ego and vindictive hostile anti-catholic attitude,m to study and learn the TRUTH about ANYTHING that is historically DOCUMENTED to TRUE when it comes to 2000 years of authenticated and verifiable PROVEN Apostolic Church History.......The fact is that YOU KNOW IT and WE (as Catholics ALL KNOW, that your bible only "pyramid of (self-interpreted verses, would completely crumble your "bible only" ministry that is built on NOTHING more that "sand", supported ONLY by condemnation and judgement against the faith of other Christians==especially Catholics........ Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ---you will NEVER be transformed into this "new person" in Jesus Christ! Ever since you have been on this forum, it has been the "same old" personal opinionated attacks and vengeance against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church that he initiated, established and formed in Matthew 16:13-21. Quoting and listing a bunch of bible verses "doesn't make you a Christian"!!!
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460980 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
More words from Robert f page 65
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592 ...
Don't put all the fault on the "leader" of the pack. The pack mentality of security in numbers is based on the individual's fear and insecurity.
June:

In other words, "Don't put all the blame on the devil, the fault is in ourselves."

Prince George, Canada

#460981 Jul 11, 2013
Three ways to belittle a god while pretending to honor the god!

# 1 ... You believe that the god gave ONLY you the truth

# 2 ... You believe that the god believes in you and will reward you for using his name to preach foolishness

# 3 ... You believe that the god loves only humans that belong to your religious sect and places no value in a hereafter on other humans or other forms of life in his creation

Prince George, Canada

#460983 Jul 11, 2013
A preacher's ex-wife who became an Atheist made a telling statement.

She said "People teach that sex is dirty and through that teaching they dirty the minds of other people to the idea that sex is dirty."

I quite agree.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460984 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I find it very difficult to believe that a child raised as a Methodist would grow up to join Catholicism ... then become an Atheist, to later join Catholicism once again.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
Usually people go back to the religions of their childhood, not back to the second religion to which they belonged.
June:

Who said I follow what people usually do?(That's a formal fallacy of appealing to probability)

Behavior can be probable, but not absolute.

Yesterday, while at the VA, while with a group of veterans, one of them unexpectedly revealed something which shocked everyone. It was quite contrary to what everyone knew of him....

This sort of event, must challenge one's own beliefs, instead of ignoring, it is better to make sense of them....

Prince George, Canada

#460985 Jul 11, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
In other words, "Don't put all the blame on the devil, the fault is in ourselves."
That is YOUR "present" terminology ... not mine.

What will you be next week Robert ... a Qur'an-packing Muslim???

:)
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460986 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
More words from Robert F page 67
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592 ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
One more, and one more, and one more, etc.
How many more chances are we going give god to make things right?
Robert
June:

If one makes a god, an idol, how many chances do you give that idol to make things right?

I think it is quite a legitimate question....Some people give the idol one chance, some people give a whole life-time of chances to their idol.

It is sort of like gambling based on superstition.(Luck)

Most people defer to probability, after a certain amount of time realizing they are losing rather than winning, quit giving chances to their idols. Then become disillusioned.

In a way, if a person hasn't gone through the experience, then they cannot reject their idols, and even reject probability, luck, and superstition....

In short, become responsible, rather than taking/giving chances, is the object lesson....

Prince George, Canada

#460987 Jul 11, 2013
I suspect that sexually transmitted diseases gave theologians the fodder they NEEDED to teach that the devil was behind the PLOT.

Silly nonsense.

Non-human animals transmit sexual diseases from one to another.

Where was the devil in THAT plot?

Humans are now fully aware that promiscuity can result in disease. If they choose to take the chance, then they will either live or die from the results of the chance. There's nothing evil about it.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460988 Jul 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me then, in un crass language, the acts that Old posted..
WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU WISH TO COMPOUND THIS IGNORANCE, JUST BECAUSE YOU AND OLD JG CUSS AND CARRY ON,

doesn't mean that others will do that and that people that are christians wish to read those cuss words

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460989 Jul 11, 2013
Clay wrote:

<quoted text>
Did I ever mention that I thank God every day that I didn't here the gospel from you?
I also pray for any victims that learn Christianity from you and your buddy Preston.

ME$: I am not his buddy nor old jg's buddy.

I abhor everything that they stand for and they know it ,

AND NOT ONLY DO THEY KNOW IT, BUT SO DO YOU.

BUT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A LIAR, YOU WOULDNT ADMIT IT.
Human Being

Jena, LA

#460990 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You took the easy route and became slovenly lazy in the idea that a Jew would do your work for you and waltz you off to bliss in an afterlife.
Pathetic creature!
June:

Re-evaluating oneself is not being lazy.

Taking inventory. Looking for patterns. Improving, simplifying, getting rid of excess.... Its a lot more work one is called to do when called to repent, and accept Jesus. It takes a lifetime of work, and the reward is better than gold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 24 Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May '16 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web