Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670124 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Lawrence, MA

#460911 Jul 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong Tony17? Do you like putting your peter in another mans ass or do you like his peter in your ass? And you believe that to be normal behavior. Imagine if your parents were sodomites or lesbians. Oops, if they were you would not have parents would you. You would not be here if your parents practiced what you preach Tony17.
Hey Tony, do not listen to these self proclaimed Ministers or Deacons. They act nothing like the Christ they claim to follow.
If you're gay, then know that there are plenty of heterosexuals who are equivalent to homosexuals.
By that, I mean we misuse the gift of sex just like every other human being. We are all sinners.

Old G Is a nobody. He is just a man with a highlighted KJV who thinks he's an authority on scripture. The world has seen plenty of these guys.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#460912 Jul 11, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
reason i'm here, want you to be part of 'us'.
God forbid!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#460913 Jul 11, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tony, do not listen to these self proclaimed Ministers or Deacons. They act nothing like the Christ they claim to follow.
If you're gay, then know that there are plenty of heterosexuals who are equivalent to homosexuals.
By that, I mean we misuse the gift of sex just like every other human being. We are all sinners.
Old G Is a nobody. He is just a man with a highlighted KJV who thinks he's an authority on scripture. The world has seen plenty of these guys.
~~~

Since you are a idolator and worship icons images and statues

I guess you have no problem with homosexuals...

both are mentions here in God's word...

The Bible says

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

NOTE

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that

no whoremonger,

nor unclean person,

nor covetous man,

who is an idolater,

hath any inheritance

in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words:

for because of these things

cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

-------

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#460914 Jul 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="waaasssuuup"
i'm pretty sure tha we're on the same page KayMarie, but i would go a step further to say that even man's attmepts at doing good/God's will, apart from being born-again of the Spirit of God, are as filthy rags as far as pleasing God is concerned.
apart from God (i.e., His Spirit working in us) we can do nothing good/of eternal consequence:-)
"accept The Lord builds the house, those that labor labor in vain"
True...man's efforts without God are all adulterated with pride and selfishness.
KM
So ... when you claim that you speak for a god, you are unadulterated and without pride or selfishness???

How funny!

#460915 Jul 11, 2013
THE NEW TESTAMENT/COVENANT MANIFEST THE LIGHT OF GOD..

JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light:

for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

NOTE
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Prince George, Canada

#460916 Jul 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
May God, by His grace and compassion, have mercy on you.
May Allah do the same for you, as he burns you in Muslim-hell for not joining Islam.

You people preach that there is one god and then you believe you can order the god around by telling him who he has to love.

How silly!

Prince George, Canada

#460917 Jul 11, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Scripture says that homosexuality is an abomination.
So, back when the Christian laws ordained that homosexuals had to be put to death for offending "god" ... do you believe they were right in so-doing???

After all ... the ever-loving Christians read that and believed it because they said to each other and their ever so holy selves ... "SCRIPTURE SAYS!"

You never learn ... do you? Men wrote all those words ... stupid ignorant men wrote all those words!

#460918 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
May Allah do the same for you, as he burns you in Muslim-hell for not joining Islam.
You people preach that there is one god and then you believe you can order the god around by telling him who he has to love.
How silly!
~~~

YOU PROVE THE WORD OF JESUS.....WITH YOUR UNGODLY POSTS

.WHEN HE SAID

Luk 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Luk 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Prince George, Canada

#460919 Jul 11, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I reported that post and I hope they kicked that filthy mouth degenerate off of this forum. there is no place for that type of talk on here
Yet it's okay with you holy Christians if you insult homosexuals as being god-offenders HUH???

I've never reported others no matter what names they called me, as I believe in freedom of expression.

I don't however believe people should use their religion to bully others, and then proclaim that the bullying is done to protect the "feelings" of a god.

Prince George, Canada

#460920 Jul 11, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>me suffer? a sweetheart of a guy? never. i'll most likely be made a partner.
Well, you wouldn't be even close to the first one that believed they were partnering up with a god.

Religion equates to mentally ingesting words from one of those many "holy books" that in turn motivates you to preach. And with that new and thrilling self-perceived "advantage over others" ... you'll be on your way to wherever you allow the words to take you.

Prince George, Canada

#460921 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Since you are a idolator and worship icons images and statues
Idolizing words in a bible as being from a god is the same as idolizing other images such as statues.

Note how the word god equates to the word "idol."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book “Devious Derivations”… Popular Misconceptions and More than 1000 true origins of Common Word and Phrases … by Hugh Rawson.

god.

It should be of passing interest to women readers especially to know that god originally was of neuter gender, as in the Middle High German abgott, idol. The word became masculine following the conversion of the German tribes to Christianity.

#460922 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet it's okay with you holy Christians if you insult homosexuals as being god-offenders HUH???
I've never reported others no matter what names they called me, as I believe in freedom of expression.
I don't however believe people should use their religion to bully others, and then proclaim that the bullying is done to protect the "feelings" of a god.
YOU HELP ALL OF US HERE THAT ARE CHRISTIANS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT

THE APOSTLE PAUL MEANT ...

When he wrote...

2Co_12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations,

there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me,

lest I should be exalted above measure.

Prince George, Canada

#460923 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU PROVE THE WORD OF JESUS.....WITH YOUR UNGODLY POSTS
.WHEN HE SAID
Luk 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
Luk 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
If they took away your bible and your favorite words, your finger-pointing at others as evil would have to be done "on your own time."

You could no longer pretend that a god supports your finger-pointing.

How tragic that would be for you and your over-active ego!

I see through you, as I see through why you value your bible!

Prince George, Canada

#460925 Jul 11, 2013
All the proclaimed holy books were written by men.

The fact that Christians choose to idolized a bible doesn't mean that the words in THAT book were inspired by a god and that the words in other books such as the Qur'an were inspired by a devil.

Either all those words written by men are from a god ... or none of them in any of the books came from a god.

That is fair treatment to all people of religion ... isn't it???

#460926 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If they took away your bible and your favorite words, your finger-pointing at others as evil would have to be done "on your own time."
You could no longer pretend that a god supports your finger-pointing.
How tragic that would be for you and your over-active ego!
I see through you, as I see through why you value your bible!
~~~

it is written

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

NOTE

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Prince George, Canada

#460927 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU HELP ALL OF US HERE THAT ARE CHRISTIANS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT
THE APOSTLE PAUL MEANT ...
When he wrote...
2Co_12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations,
there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me,
lest I should be exalted above measure.
You are a word manipulator. You steal all of the holy images from the words for your self and point outward at others as evil-demons.

That is what the bible did for you and TO YOU!

You lusted to believe that a god called you to his service ... when in fact you took it upon your self to believe that nonsense!

What a self-ingratiating fool!

Prince George, Canada

#460928 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
it is written
The Qur'an was also "written."

So WHAT??? Do you place high value on the words in THAT book???

I see through you.

#460929 Jul 11, 2013
who="Clay "

Are you saying that it's OK to misuse the gift?

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#460930 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You have had great success in manipulating your own psyche ... but you will have no success in manipulating my psyche.

I've been "through" the religious MILL for most of my life, and am no longer impressed by any of you rabid self-serving preachers, or your so-called HOLY books.

#460931 Jul 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
All the proclaimed holy books were written by men.
The fact that Christians choose to idolized a bible doesn't mean that the words in THAT book were inspired by a god and that the words in other books such as the Qur'an were inspired by a devil.
Either all those words written by men are from a god ... or none of them in any of the books came from a god.
That is fair treatment to all people of religion ... isn't it???
~~~

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said,

It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Fri True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
News Giant John Paul II statuea (Apr '13) Feb 11 Phart Loudly 41
More from around the web