Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685857 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460851 Jul 10, 2013
http://withchrist.org/archives.htm

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/nobible.htm

Dear Roman Catholic friend, why do you think Rome prohibited Catholics, and others, from reading the Bible? Why do you think they killed over 50 million people and called them heretics for reading and believing the Holy Scriptures? Why did Pope Pius VII say that the Bible causes men more harm than benefit? Why would God's word cause harm? The Devil and these fake religious leaders know that if you read the Bible with the intention of learning the truth, you will FLY from the Catholic religion and every other error on the face of the earth.

50 MILLION......
marge

Leesburg, GA

#460852 Jul 10, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe in "word of mouth", sad "poluted" little Marge.
You believe in Scripture alone, remember?
The "Spirit of Truth" tells you one thing and tells LTM, GIF, and preston something completely different. Your so-called "Spirit of Truth" told Ox that Jesus isn't God. He tells you OSAS, but he tells GIF one can lose their salvation.
You're all listening to a spirit all right, but it's most assuredly *not* the Spirit of Truth. Get it yet??
ah not true as we all could worship together and partake in the Lord's supper together,(i think ox and cowboy are a little old but they both seem saved to me).

And why some don't fully believe that the 'command is eternal life' i don't know other than the fact is we are all sinners.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#460853 Jul 10, 2013
Are you guys familiar with the extra-biblical books such as the Apocraphal books? I like to study them and find them quite informative in my studies.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/apo/

There many other books that are not a part of the Bible canon but they are useful to a deeper student of Gods word in their studies.

However I would not recommend these books to a novice in Gods word because there are some things in some of these books that may cause a newborn babe in Christ to stumble. Heck there are a lot of things in some of these many books that could cause a seasoned Bible student to stumble.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460854 Jul 10, 2013
marge

Leesburg, GA

#460856 Jul 10, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Us"?? lolol......poor Marge.
reason i'm here, want you to be part of 'us'.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460857 Jul 10, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
A few days ago I giogot into a discussion with a gentleman that stated that gays were a threat to the family unit. I told him he was a liar and the truth ain't in him.
No one is a bigger threat to the family than HETEROSEXUAL MALES ( especially black and Hispanic males ). All you gotta do to prove that Heterosexual males are the biggest threat today to the family is look at who commit the majority of rapes,murders,violent car-jackings,robberies,domesti c violence,gangs etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on showing you examples of crimes against humanity committed by HETEROSEXUAL MALES that they commit everyday. The prison system is just chocked full of heterosexual males that have committed crimes that have caused the family unit to deteriorate.
So don't go blaming the failure of the family unit on GAYS. Lay the blame where it rightly belong.....AT THE FOOT OF HETEROSEXUAL MALES THAT COMMIT A DISPROPORTIONATE NUMBER OF CRIMES ETC.
Heterosexual crimes have nothing to do with HOMOSEXUAL perverts. There is a reason the nickname for "homosexual" is queer. The definition of queer.....strange or odd; unusually different; of a questionable nature or character; mentally unbalanced or deranged

There are NO SODOMITE OR LESBIAN Christians. There will be NO HOMOSEXUAL SODOMITE LESBIAN perverts in heaven.

I Corinthians 6:9-10, 9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor HOMOSEXUALS, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."

Is God just kidding here? No. There will be NO HOMOSEXUAL SODOMITE LESBIANS in heaven. Not my words but the word of God.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#460858 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
http://withchrist.org/archives .htm
Dear Roman Catholic friend, why do you think Rome prohibited Catholics, and others, from reading the Bible? Why do you think they killed over 50 million people and called them heretics for reading and believing the Holy Scriptures? Why did Pope Pius VII say that the Bible causes men more harm than benefit? Why would God's word cause harm? The Devil and these fake religious leaders know that if you read the Bible with the intention of learning the truth, you will FLY from the Catholic religion and every other error on the face of the earth.
50 MILLION......
You should have been a trash collector you excel at it. Quotes from a thoroughly discredited site and since the entire population of Europe had about 30 million during the inquistion thats an impressive number. I have seen 65 - 100 million, but even the BBC had to admit these myths in a documentary. I wonder why Luther, Calvin, Zwingli and many other protestants killed people for believing in the Holy Scriptures. Things that make you go hmmm...I am going with 150 million because it sounds like a nice round figure. ;0
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460859 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
50 MILLION......
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have been a trash collector you excel at it. Quotes from a thoroughly discredited site and since the entire population of Europe had about 30 million during the inquistion thats an impressive number. I have seen 65 - 100 million, but even the BBC had to admit these myths in a documentary. I wonder why Luther, Calvin, Zwingli and many other protestants killed people for believing in the Holy Scriptures. Things that make you go hmmm...I am going with 150 million because it sounds like a nice round figure. ;0
Another lying low life Roman. Everybody else is wrong and the Romans are right LOL LOL LOL. Your kind lives in denial of your own putrid pathetic perverted history. Fess up one time you puke!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#460860 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
50 MILLION......
All "anyone" has to do is to look no further than the (bogus) kind of heretical sources that you refer to....... Jude Weber is a bible only Protestant "hack writer" who has no more credibility than a writer from the "National Inquirer"....... He is an anti-catholic heretic that exaggerates "any and all" of his "so-called facts" to expand his hostile and beligerent attacks against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. He is a phony and pretentious "counterfeit" writer, that comes with the Protestant "bible only territory", when it comes to telling the TRUTH. You "fundies" will say, do and (dig up) ANYTHING in order to promote your "bible only half-truth, half-heresy Christianity!!!!...You can have it!! It is All YOURS!!---After spending over 35 years as a bible only Protestant, living in the "indoctrinating propaganda" and in denial of the TRUTH of TRUE Christianity in and through Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Church!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460861 Jul 10, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm said, quote, "Things that make you go hmmm." End quote.

Things that make you go hmmm is the sight of a little boy with his pants down to his ankles bent over in your Roman Catholic confessional. Or maybe you are the kind that likes to watch the priests do their dirty to the little defenseless ones? Is that it?
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#460862 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
You've been reading the "National Inquirer" again, OLDJG!
Jacob Nelly

Dubai, UAE

#460863 Jul 10, 2013
Sheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
Elizabeth, I had to leave the church because of its air of superiority, and for many other reasons. Of course Benedict's statement will only hurt the church. He has hurt a LOT of people by saying what he did.
May be one of the reasons wby pope Benedict stepped down from the Pappal throne (THORN) was explode and to exploite the narrow thinking of Catholics that would have been more oeward while adoring that position. Catholic measn "universal". they were the ones foorsook the True Christian Church under the Partonage of Emporer Conatntain of Rome who was a worshipper of SUN god and introduced many of the pegan forms of worship to Christianity and seperated Catholic Chuech fron the 'Real Christians' Dear Elizabeth do not become upset and disappointed now ;please give room for more frustating news ans statements in the future.Please read Pls.146:3 & Pls. 118:8.May the TRUE LORD show you the path of True SALVETION.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460864 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
50 MILLION....
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
All "anyone" has to do is to look no further than the (bogus) kind of heretical sources that you refer to....... Jude Weber is a bible only Protestant "hack writer" who has no more credibility than a writer from the "National Inquirer"....... He is an anti-catholic heretic that exaggerates "any and all" of his "so-called facts" to expand his hostile and beligerent attacks against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. He is a phony and pretentious "counterfeit" writer, that comes with the Protestant "bible only territory", when it comes to telling the TRUTH. You "fundies" will say, do and (dig up) ANYTHING in order to promote your "bible only half-truth, half-heresy Christianity!!!!...You can have it!! It is All YOURS!!---After spending over 35 years as a bible only Protestant, living in the "indoctrinating propaganda" and in denial of the TRUTH of TRUE Christianity in and through Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Church!!
Hey homo....every source a real Christian quotes that does not agree with your Roman bologna is not credible in your eyes. Of course not, you think you are always right. 99.9% of the time you are absolutely WRONG. At least you are right 00.1% of the time.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460865 Jul 10, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been reading the "National Inquirer" again, OLDJG!
Thanks for the foolish comment. You can stick it in your ear homo. Oops, I meant homo.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#460866 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexual crimes have nothing to do with HOMOSEXUAL perverts. There is a reason the nickname for "homosexual" is queer. The definition of queer.....strange or odd; unusually different; of a questionable nature or character; mentally unbalanced or deranged
There are NO SODOMITE OR LESBIAN Christians. There will be NO HOMOSEXUAL SODOMITE LESBIAN perverts in heaven.
I Corinthians 6:9-10, 9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor HOMOSEXUALS, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."
Is God just kidding here? No. There will be NO HOMOSEXUAL SODOMITE LESBIANS in heaven. Not my words but the word of God.
Or any sinners, how they think it not a sin i don't know. It has always been a sin, they know it's a sin if they have a measure of faith.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#460867 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. But a lot of these folks that think they're such great Christians are gonna be in for a big surprise too. They just know that while they're condemning everyone else to hell that they are gonna have a seat right next to God when suddenly God tells them to step to hell as well and take a shortcut,LOL.

A lot of people we just know will be in heaven won't be there and a lot of people that we just know won't be in heaven WILL be there. Imagine the look of surprise on some faces when God tells a bunch self righteous holier than thou hypocrites to depart from Him.

It's best we leave all the judging up to God and let Him decide who's fit for heaven and who isn't. Kay?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#460868 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute here. I take issue with your false and misleading statement implying that gays are mentally unbalanced or deranged. Statistics have shown that gays tend to be more intelligent than their heterosexual counterparts. Not my words. The scientific community says so.
Horesdebusseyjon es

Westlake, LA

#460869 Jul 10, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Good golly gee, ol gee.
Let me guess: you teach your Bible study group that the Roman Catholic Church murdered millions and your students don't question your statement.
You also teach them that all Catholic Priests unanimously sodomize little boys.
Nobody in your group points to factual statistics that proves you lying.
Hence, you continue forward on the internet proclaiming your slander to advance your cause?
Clay...speak to me!!!!
Does the following verses teach that Christ is God?????? It reveals the truth....that is the last thing Catholics want to face...so they turn tail and run...cowards...!!!!!
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).
For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).
Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
BTW..Your denomionation teaches Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...why do you not believe what your vatacan teaches????
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#460870 Jul 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Or any sinners, how they think it not a sin i don't know. It has always been a sin, they know it's a sin if they have a measure of faith.
The homosexual sodomite lesbian perverts have justified their sin by calling the sin a "right". They have made their sexual perversion a human/civil rights issue. They have parades to celebrate their ignorance and sin. Should the pedophiles have a parade too? How about adulterers?
Horesdebusseyjon es

Westlake, LA

#460871 Jul 10, 2013
Clay....Horesdebusseyjones is me...Oxbow...computer is playing games...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web