Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,213)

Showing posts 444,241 - 444,260 of511,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
The Truth
Jesus Christ. Fully Human..Fully Divine.
Born to Mary
Walked on this earth preaching and healing..Showing us the ONLY way to the Father was through Him
He died a horrible death on the,Cross..Became full if our Sins,as He hung there..He drank that awful cup JUST FOR US.
He cried out ..full of our Sins..father why hast thou forsaken Me.
Then in the End ..He said IT IS FINISHED..
FINISHED done..NITHING mire needed.
No rituals ..No big buildings..Certainly no KILLING in His name ..
DONE ..OVER ..DEATH CONQUERED WHEN HE ARISE from the dead.
His apostles were to Spread this,Hope of Salvation
Guided by the Holy Spirit
HIS,Church was the body of Believers.
Not the Vatican. Nit a,Crystal Cathedral
People who have a relationship eith the Lord .
Who have taken Jesus at His word ..the Way is through Him ..only .
We repent our sins and commit to Him..He Washes us in His precious blood .
He gave one prayer ..the Our Father
Two commandments
LOVE God ..love your neighbor ...all if them
And most Especially LOVE ONE ANOTHER....y e t here we,are.
Believers in Him bickering over passages..churches..statues..
Over centuries actually torturing people who did nit believe the same way as EACH OTHER.
SHAME ON US..
We commemorate THE Last Supper differently ...But we do it.But this is,Not necessary to salvation ..
We are baptized in obedience ..But That does not save
But belief in His precious saving BLOOD by Faith t through the gift if Grace .
FREE bought and paid for...by Him ONLY HIM .WASHED CLEAN BY HIM
Accepting that gift and repenting. FOLLOWING HIM
How simple if we are embued by the Spirit
And foolish to non believers
We are followers of God's Holy and Perfect Son!!!!
I no we need to act like it in word and deed ..
So as NOT TO BE STUMBLING BLOCKS to any who are being led by the Spirit.
If the Spirit calls a person and he gets answer s from the parish priest..it Dr Charles Stanley on tv.
What is it to us..The Spirit leads ..We follow ..
The fruits of OUR BELIEF are on this thread for ALL TO SEE..
DOES THIS THREAD ..and some of the words we sling ...Make God happy
ARE WE SAYING
FOLLOW HIM all of you who are heavy laden .
OR ARE WE SAYING follow ME.....I'M RIGHT NOT HIM ..
I plead guilt in some of my arguments ..The past is over...mistakes were made in centuries long gone .
What do we do to CALL PEOPLE TO JESUS TODAY?
~~~

AMEN

YOU WROTE...

What do we do to CALL PEOPLE TO JESUS TODAY...

~~~

OUR WORK IS THE SAME TODAY AS IT WAS WHEN JESUS SPOKE IT FORTH

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

He said..when ask...

Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them..

-->This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Christ instruct us to create a written Bible to dictate His Ministry?
I suggest you ask him. You'll find him living in your imagination and his image will always give you the answers that you crave.

That's how all religious games unfold.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I tried a number of times to explain.People change their mind here as seldom as Jed Clampett changes his underwear
They have to be willing and able to unhook their selves from that promise of salvation ... and for most it's impossible ... as the hook has sunk in too deep to be removed without the collapse of total emotions.

For instance, if someone took away KayMarie's bible, so that KayMarie could not preach at others, KayMarie would probably have a nervous breakdown. And I am serious.

For those who believe they are called by a god to preach ... preaching has become the most important reason to live.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The hierarchy gave about forty of those old saints the axe by saying they never existed in the first place.
"It is a source of great frustration and annoyance to me to hear people inaccurately say (often in reference to Saint Christopher) "After Vatican II they got rid of a whole bunch of saints that were just myths!" or "They decanonized Saints Christopher & Philomena!"

A lot of people "knowingly" repeat this disinformation, having heard it or been taught it in a vaiety of places.(The pastor at my Catholic grade school explained Saint Chrisopher was "just a legend" to us as school children. I suspect he will be VERY suprised one day.)

Suprisingly, an article on wikipedia on Saint Valentine seemed to get the matter right:

Quote:
In the 1969 revision of the Roman Catholic Calendar of Saints, the feastday of Saint Valentine on 14 February was removed from the General Roman Calendar and relegated to particular (local or even national) calendars for the following reason: "Though the memorial of Saint Valentine is ancient, it is left to particular calendars, since, apart from his name, nothing is known of Saint Valentine except that he was buried on the Via Flaminia on 14 February." (Calendarium Romanum ex Decreto Sacrosancti Ścumenici Concilii Vaticani II Instauratum Auctoritate Pauli PP. VI Promulgatum (Typis Polyglottis Vaticanis, MCMLXIX), p. 117 )

I generally like to point out that the revisions made certain feasts optional, but no such "decanonization" took place."
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php...
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Is St. Christopher still a saint?

St. Christopher is still recognized as a saint, though his feast day no longer appears on the Church’s universal liturgical calendar. He was one of the early martyrs about whom not much is known. His name means "Christ-bearer"
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/is-st-...
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you know of a dimension below the 1st, there is no possibility of it existing...except in the mind of the one who would perceive it...and that would be an "abstract" rather than a reality for the individual, and even less so for the majority.
Actuality sucks ...doesn't it?
Black Thunder 42

I can agree with you to a certain degree. But find your use of the word "abstract" a bit hard to deal with. But your statement is a seed for various reconsiderations, reflection and exegesis.

I suppose one could easily trace "universals" back to Plato and Aristotle, but it becomes more apparent where one stands and views the spectrum of illumination and abstraction.

It would seem to me, your post is a bit Thomistic and Platonic so I tend to believe both illumination and abstraction are possible, without denying "actuality".
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Did the Church declare that St. Christopher is a myth?

First of all, it's not true. The Church never issued any kind of decree saying that Christopher never existed. Furthermore, competent hagiographers, including Protestant ones, tell us that there was a Christopher, but we just don't know as much about him as some of the legends that grew up around him would suggest.

The confusion over Christopher's status comes from the 1969 reform of the Roman Calendar. This reform had been mandated by Vatican II in Sacrosanctum Concilium, its constitution on the liturgy. Because the Roman Calendar was getting crowded, especially with saints with local rather than universal followings, the Council declared: "Lest the feasts of the saints take precedence over the feasts commemorating the very mysteries of salvation, many of them should be left to be celebrated by a particular Church or nation or religious family; those only should be extended to the universal Church that commemorate saints of truly universal significance" (SC 111).
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/did-th...

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
NO THAT IS NOT TRUE..
WHEN JESUS SAID "IT IS FINISHED" BOWED HIS HEAD AND DIED...
Catholics "approved" of all that nonsense in the new testament or it would not exist.

Catholics controlled Christianity until the 16th century when Luther and his band of thugs broke the Catholic strong-hold over the Christian religion. Whatever was in that bible was ordained not by a god, but by the popes in power.

When Jerome translated the bible into Vulgate Latin, it was at the "approval" of pope Damasus. Make no mistake about that issue. Jerome was commissioned by Damasus to translate the bible, and Damasus hovered over Jerome's every word to make sure he approved OF the words.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

who="Black Thunder 42"
You folks needs ta jist quit worry'n 'bout my goddam underwears, an when I might take the notion ta wash 'em!
You flatlanders ain't got no clue about the wherewithall 'bout any such undertak'ns at tall!
Why the hell don't ya jist mind yer own goddam business!
Ever damn time ya starts ta talk'n any such nonsense, is cuz ya think it's high time us hill folks needs a bath...Does you got some kind o' "special" sort o' smell what god give ya?

Your language gives you away as quickly as the smell of your underwear. A REAL old-time West Virginian speaks ENGLISH...a bit strangely, perhaps, but without the 'cussin'.

You musta come from New Yawk...

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
With a "ridiculous statement" such as this your intelligence, wisdom and rationale has reached the depths of "new lows"!......... The Catholic Church doesn't teach this nor does any Catholic believe this and "YOU know it"!!!
If the popes didn't believe that Catholics were the only ones to be saved, why would they have forced others to become Catholic???

You really don't question their motives ... do you? They wanted to rule the people of the world and they used their religion as a supposed "reason."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I don't think that is accurate at all.
I have been in error several times in the last 30 + years in my research. I have accepted it it and regrouped my thinking and continued on.
I do not believe that "religionists" are capable of that attribute.
Black Thunder 42

Thinking people resolve errors. Unthinking people continue in error for the sake of self-justification. And that in essence is blind faith, or faith without reason.

Religionists must have faith and reason in order to function. If they don't, then they fail to resolve living in the world. But one does not have to be a religionist, people apparently would rather be led, than stand up for what is right(at this time in history). Whether their leaders, or mob-democracies are right or wrong.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Pope Benedict Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for this. It also does not say that the name pope will be compared to Jesus.
Popes compared their selves to Jehovah ... the Jewish Master ... the one and only god that favored the Jews.

Silly stuff in deed!

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Teutonic and Celtic mythology.
I also like the Mythology of Genesis and the Sumerian Myths they came from.
I do not like Christian Mythology but do like the Gospels of Mark and Thomas.
The ancient Jewish rituals, esp. Yom Kippur, I find fascinating from a psycho-social perspective.
Thanks for your response.

Do you base any mythology on the idea that it was or is true in the sense of absolute truth?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
There 'is One God', is what the Bible teaches Ox, of course we no longer worship HIM in the flesh but in the Spirit.
In mythology isn't that the SAME god that worshipped ONLY the Jews?

God-theft is NOT polite. It made the Jews jealous that you Christians could not or would not find a god all their own to worship.

I don't blame them.

Tongue in cheek

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
AMEN
YOU WROTE...
What do we do to CALL PEOPLE TO JESUS TODAY...
~~~
OUR WORK IS THE SAME TODAY AS IT WAS WHEN JESUS SPOKE IT FORTH
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
He said..when ask...
Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them..
-->This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
I agree ..I just get sad..And I'm guilty too.
When on some of these forums forums and this one is tame .
We just bicker over whose Church is right
I get sad
When people USe Jesus

To put down others.

What does it say to

Non believers or people the Spirit may be calling who
Might actually be searching

We we Christians hurt others with our words

What does it say about Jesus and His mercy.

I edit a lot on another forum. Personal insults going both ways

But I feel we shoukd do better...

I prayed really hard on this the other nite when I forced hurt and angry on personal insults

Bringing unprovoked past..Taunting others ..

It's nit what Christians shoukd be doing IMO .

AND on this thread with RELIGIUIS,content

We should be calling people to HIM by our words and actions

Not to any Church ...But Him alone

I am not jealous if In plant a seed and it is harvested elsewhere.

We shoukd be planting seeds IMO.

Not fighting on who lives Jesus more. Again my opinion ..

Some mysteries we will not know the facts of until we are told when we are with Him.

Including but not limited to The EUCHARIST

FAITH ..Grace ..Salvation..lead us to our own personal relationship.
With Jedi s.

Fir what it's worth I was reading here this morning

And felt led to post this..

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God.
That's all Christian dogma. Rumor has it that the god of the Jews doesn't recognize anything Christian, as it's not on his radar screen TO recognize.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes three Gods.
A deity giving birth to itself then killing itself to become a magic ghost is ridiculous.
The mythological Worm Ouroboros makes infinitely more sense.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe your Catholic theologians were experts at giving advise about human behavior according to the god created and worshipped FIRST by the Jews???
June:

Always such very, very, loaded questions....I sometimes wonder if you know you are asking them?

As always you force me to break them down. And when I do, they turn into nonsense.

Jews did not create God. Nor did they create God first. Nor did they worship God first.

I suppose it is for each of us to see how "expertly" the Catholic theologians(you need to be a bit more specific on who "they" are) expounded their teachings, in order to determine for onerself the correctness of the teachings.

For instance, I disagree with Acquinas and agree with Scotus on various religious matters.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

...relationship with JESUS.

MY KINDLE makes up words ..not easy to type on .

SORRY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42
Thinking people resolve errors. Unthinking people continue in error for the sake of self-justification. And that in essence is blind faith, or faith without reason.
Religionists must have faith and reason in order to function. If they don't, then they fail to resolve living in the world. But one does not have to be a religionist, people apparently would rather be led, than stand up for what is right(at this time in history). Whether their leaders, or mob-democracies are right or wrong.
~~~

YOU WROTE

Religionists must have faith and reason in order to function.

IN MY OPINION ....THE BEST DEFINITION OF FAITH IN THE BIBLE

Is about Abraham the father of faith...

The Apostle Paul put it this way...

Rom 4:20 ---> He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.<---

Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

NOTE====>

Rom 4:23 ====> Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. <====

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 444,241 - 444,260 of511,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••