Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,213)

Showing posts 444,241 - 444,260 of532,063
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
marge:
I suppose "disagreements" is a bit strong, it is more like I have differences in my opinion on various issues.
One of the major differences I have with "cradle Catholics", is on the ordained priesthood.
My logic goes something like this..., since all Christians are priests, we should treat each other as priests of God, and not hold anyone more highly(or conversely lower) than another.
I have found many "cradle Catholics" put the ordained priest on a pedestal, and keep them there, rather than acknowledging them as simply servants of God. This kind of "respect", is a sort of blind trust, which has caused many problems in the RCC.
I think the article below will help clear up some misconceptions you seem to have. I encourage you to read it all. Blind trust and respect and honor shown are two entirely different things. I can make the very same argument that many Protestants blindly follow ministers, because they do. If its on the internet then it must be true right? Jack Chick comic books (oh the irony) for example has been condemned and exposed for a plethora of lies by Protestant groups, yet other treat him as a god. Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, Jimmy Swaggart, Melissa, Peter Popov, Ellen White, the Apostle Preston and on. There is a system of checks and balances and an order. A Pope needs a good rebuke on occassion as well which does and has been done. Nothing new is it? The bible is full of the fallings of man. All the Apostles had failings. Peters are brought forth, Moses and King Davids weakness was brought forth. It did not mean they were now worthless because of it.

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a31.htm

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Even your most devout religious scientists are certain that a god created the world about 6000 years ago.
:)
there is absolutley NO proof that anything in this physical world is over 10,000 years old so why should anyone with half a brain think otherwise (except of course if you're trying to hide from God;)?
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no ducks quake issue in: Why do you not answer my question???
There is no ducks issue in: Does the following verses teach that Christ is God??????
Your fifth reason also holds not water..
Oxbow:

You are in a strict sense correct.

The problem is mine, and I own it. I cannot make you reason with analogy, when it is obviously not in your capability or you refuse to recognize.

It is the point I try to reason with you. Apples and oranges are fruit. But you argue they are not the same.

You are correct. But they are still fruit, and of the same category, which allows me the ability, though you deny me.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Hi everyone - back from a well deserving vacation.

Now be honest - who missed me?

:o)
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Well, I didn't want to preach to you.
But since you question me with a "why give a deeper explanation", you found me out.
I will explain. Its DNA!
The roots, and stem and branch have the same physical DNA. No grafting (surrogacy) going on there. Jesus' DNA came on the same stem and rod, through Mary his mother.
We are grafted onto Jesus, and that is a sort of surrogacy of the Gentile onto the Jew. But once grafted we become one. And some produce much fruit, and some none. Those with none will be chopped off and used for firewood.
Jesus word goes out and accomplishes what He wills, it is not our own will and efforts which rains down and returns empty. A person may struggle all their life in doing the will of God, and it may not be seen in their lifetime on earth, but in eternity it may bear the most savored fruit of the Spirit....
Very nice blend of the practical and the spiritual. And all from one scripture passage, too. Nice one, Robert!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah's ark did not hold water...It sat upon the water...
Isaiah is known as the Messianic Prophet He wrote
Isa_9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and
his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Your theory just sank...
My boat is riding high in the water...thank you. You will not ride in it, because you can see it is loaded with the truth..

Does the following verses teach that Christ is God?????? Are you like the Catholic?? Can't face the truth so they turn tail and run...!!!!

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

BTW..Do you also deny the truth taught by the Catholics: Christ is the incarnate Son of God...the redeemer of the human Race...

What about he SBC teaching of the same thing:SBC:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin. He honored the divine law by His personal obedience, and in His substitutionary death on the cross He made provision for the redemption of men from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body and appeared to His disciples as the person who was with them before His crucifixion. He ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where He is the One Mediator, fully God, fully man, in whose Person is effected the reconciliation between God and man. He will return in power and glory to judge the world and to consummate His redemptive mission. He now dwells in all believers as the living and ever present Lord.

Repeat:
Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus perfectly revealed and did the will of God, taking upon Himself human nature with its demands and necessities and identifying Himself completely with mankind yet without sin.

Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a trick question nor a false dilemma:Why do you not answer my question???
This is not a trick question nor a false dilemma: Does the following verses teach that Christ is God??????
So...your sixth reason hold not also water...
The reason you will not answer my questions is that you can see it will reveal the truth...and that you cannot accept...
Oxbow:

You asked and answered your own question for me.

You fill up the room, and leave to space.

Your perceived truth, is a truth(especially for you), but not The Truth.

I cannot accept your invitation when your room is full, and no place for me to stand or sit.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Foolish child, you really shouldn't have wasted your time. But that's okay, everything is all better now. Go look for yourself! I have friends in high places!! You'll never learn, will you? lolol........
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because to be a died in the wool Christian is to believe that most of the "souls" in the world will go to hell ... while precious, special YOU will be rewarded with salvation and eternal bliss.
How many times do you need that explanation to understand that is WHY I never became a member of a Christian church of ANY flavor whatsoever?
The belief itself is horrible. If you don't see that, it's because you don't want to see it.
June:

Your view of Christianity is distorted(most likely by bad teachers, bad teaching, bad example, and observations, which impressed upon your thinking) and making your present conclusions inaccurate at best, and contrary to Christianity at worst.

You basically rest in one of three conclusions. Either everyone goes to heaven, everyone goes to hell, everyone ceases to exist. So you have become the final Judge, rather than allowing God to be final Judge(although you leave this loophole in most of your statements as you say, "if God exists....then").

And that loophole is your undoing in most cases. Because you admit the possibility of God, even though you declare yourself to be the experienced and impartial final Judge.

I may not see well. But just keep telling me I am wrong, will not change my eyesight. I am a bit to experienced to fall easily to a lie told often enough will make me believe its the truth.

Do you see, or don't you want to see?(I can ask the same question)
Jesus asked the blind man....

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Well, I didn't want to preach to you.
But since you question me with a "why give a deeper explanation", you found me out.
I will explain. Its DNA!
The roots, and stem and branch have the same physical DNA. No grafting (surrogacy) going on there. Jesus' DNA came on the same stem and rod, through Mary his mother.
We are grafted onto Jesus, and that is a sort of surrogacy of the Gentile onto the Jew. But once grafted we become one. And some produce much fruit, and some none. Those with none will be chopped off and used for firewood.
Jesus word goes out and accomplishes what He wills, it is not our own will and efforts which rains down and returns empty. A person may struggle all their life in doing the will of God, and it may not be seen in their lifetime on earth, but in eternity it may bear the most savored fruit of the Spirit....
that is what happens when ignorance comes into play in the form of Philisophy.

first, last and foremost.

the Bible says that the [Will} of God is to believe on Him who was sent. lifes struggles doesnt enter into our believing that God sent Him. so if the struggle(I guess like you do)doesn't produce any fruit, God isn't to Blame.

Of course, Jesse and his son David would bear the same DNA, that is common sense, however with a man child, he receives sightly less from the father than he receives from the female. in fertilization, one cell is prodiced which has both partners in each of its pairs, one from the mother and one from the father. however since God has no chromosomes, he does not contribute the same amount of nucleic DNA.

the bottom line is this, to think or try to prove that Jesus has the exact same DNA as David is ludicrous to say the least, it therefore is impossible because the Y chromosome is missing. no doubt if we had a sample of His Blood and hers we could make a match linking him to her, but to link him with God the father is impossible sin e there is only the mitochonria from her and not God.lol
cult expert

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the god existed and was decent of character, suffering of all forms of life would not be an issue, as he would have protected ALL animals from having to suffer at ALL cost to his self!
That would be something worth the investment of worship!
If your god exists he is very very ill indeed and has no right to preach that others should strive to be perfect.
Ridiculous blather.
Religion is human-created bunk.
I agree june,Religion was created by wandering desert nomads for control of dim witted folks.People need a story to believe even if it makes no sence.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the god existed and was decent of character, suffering of all forms of life would not be an issue, as he would have protected ALL animals from having to suffer at ALL cost to his self!
That would be something worth the investment of worship!
If your god exists he is very very ill indeed and has no right to preach that others should strive to be perfect.
Ridiculous blather.
Religion is human-created bunk.
June:

You make suffering your prime issue(complaint) with God.

If your prime issue is to relieve suffering, then you missed His Message.

In a battle between light and dark, good and evil, God and Godlessness, there is suffering and casualties.

In a sense you are making suffering your god, which is an idol between you and God. Although it is easier to accept the good from God, we often reject the hard time of our own struggle with darkness, evil, and godlessness.

You accept the carrot, and reject the stick.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
there would not be so many people hooked on drugs of all sorts.
- Just like you, they don't take responsibility for their own choices.
Actually I DO take responsibility for my own actions. I don't blame a fictitious devil for leading me astray, nor do I pat myself on the back that a god is leading me on a righteous path.

I believe the whole of religious mythology is really very silly.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
You make suffering your prime issue
I believe everyone should make suffering a prime issue within the theologies of religion. If they did there would BE no religion, because everybody would say that only an inept creator would create such a mess and want to take credit FOR the mess.

If you were a creator would you be pleased with people worshipping you and thanking you on a daily basis for allowing little babies to suffer???

You have to be sick to believe such nonsense.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
In many countries where religion rules supreme abortion is not legal.
Men of the hierarchy of the Catholic church and men of the Muslim mosques (for instance) agree that women are expendable compared to religious dogma.
I suggest religion is expendable.
I agree given the choice between the two, religion should be outlawed world wide, I see more harm than good coming from it,lets take the train wreck in Canada the break was tampered with, why didn't god intervene and stop the person who tampered with the train? and why didn't he stop the plane in san Francisco from crashing? all these type things happen on a daily basis around the world, and we're suppose to believe we have a loving god watching over us, for what? to see what new stupidity we can get ourselves into on a daily basis? obviously he does nothing to help, and this joke about the saint hood for the two popes we are suppose to believe they committed miracles to gain saint hood and yet god sits in his chair an does nothing? what's wrong with this picture.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

cult expert wrote:
<quoted text> I agree june,Religion was created by wandering desert nomads for control of dim witted folks.People need a story to believe even if it makes no sence.
If Christians all believed that THEY were going to hell for eternity there would BE no Christianity. They would pack their bags and join up with the modern Pagans who believe the goddess loves everybody.

In fact many Christians ARE leaving Christianity to become Pagans ... and who could blame them? After all everybody wants to be loved and that is what modern Paganism offers. Nobody is left out of the picture. Isn't that "sweet?"

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Your view of Christianity is distorted
Now don't lie! You know that Christians believe in a heaven and a hell, and you KNOW you believe that YOU will go to heaven.

THAT is Christianity from the get-go, so I suggest you don't try to make it over in YOUR image.

It's not nice to contradict your popes.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

So now this begs the question, who will be going to hell?

Religion gets sillier all the time.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Heaven for atheists? Pope sparks debate

“I gather from this statement that his view of the world's religious and philosophical diversity is expanding,” Speckhardt said.“While humanists have been saying for years that one can be good without a god, hearing this from the leader of the Catholic Church is quite heartening."

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/23/heav...

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

dr drue wrote:
<quoted text>You're correct Miss Clever.Life after death was invented by the egyptians.They would put food and guards in the grave with the dead for the after life.Ya see June we were created by an alien race to mine minerals in the mines in africa.They have found mines sixty thousand years old in africa thet were mined back then for gold.The first human that was created was a neanderthal but they were too stupid to figure out complex problems that would occur so they tweeked their DNA and bingo bango modern man was born.No God floating around for seven days like the flawed bible say just alien nohow.The ancient sumerians wrote about it thousands of years before the bible.Most of the storys in the bible are rehashed storys from the sumerians.FYI.I hope that helps miss Clever.
I'll bet you watch the history channel-2 don't you? I watch it myself and I saw the shows that stated the very same thing you just did, and the best part about what you said can be corroborated with actual artifacts and multiple sources of information to prove it to be factual.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Religion become more and more a joke when the popes keep telling different stories about what should stem from the same religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Pope: Hell Is a Real Place Where Sinners Burn in Everlasting Fire

Addressing a parish gathering in a northern suburb of Rome, Pope Benedict XVI said that in the modern world many people, including some believers, had forgotten that if they failed to "admit blame and promise to sin no more," they risked "eternal damnation — the Inferno."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/03/28/pope-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 444,241 - 444,260 of532,063
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
More 2 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 7 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 12 hr Marko 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 23 hr Scales off 8,115
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••